Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hot Diggity! posted:

Apparently there's an incomprehensible NFT / Cryto thing going on at the Vikings' bird killing dome

https://twitter.com/NFTbark/status/1527667219227877379

:lol: Buy the dip, dipshits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy it sure does seem like there's not enough people at that think to have justified putting their con in a loving stadium.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Whole lot easier to bamboozle people into throwing fistfuls of money at you presenting at the stadium than it is in a meeting room at the Radisson.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
As a bears fan I’m excited for this year because it’ll be the only year they meet or exceed expectations. Eberflus will be fired after year 3 and the cycle will start again.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Abugadu posted:

They're not just dealing with cap hell, but also with the impact of the trades they had made, and the lack of draft capital. I don't think they have it in them this year to be a top-half offense, even if things go extremely well. I think their receiver group is extremely raw. But getting the o-line back to decent always needed to be the first step, and they've made progress there. The hole they were in was a lot larger than people think, and it's going to take a few seasons to climb out.

I said their ceiling is 16th best offense if everything goes right. That list includes
1) Getsy is a good play caller
2) Fields takes the next step in being a franchise quarterback
3) Mooney and Kmet take the next step and show they can be effective offensive weapons.

Last year, the 16th best NFL offense scored 23.2 points per game. Limiting presnap penalties, turnovers, and not going 3 and out 75% of the time would make that easily obtainable.

I don't think the Bears are devoid of talent. I think they have a quarterback, a wide receiver, and two running backs who are pretty good. I think theoretically Kmet could be good, but I have not seen enough to commit to that.

Serviceable NFL offense in 2022 is not some impossible standard, especially with a pretty QB friendly NFL offense. It really is going to come down to coaching.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Hot Diggity! posted:

Apparently there's an incomprehensible NFT / Cryto thing going on at the Vikings' bird killing dome

The stupid boy mayor is there too. Just the worst people gathering for stupidest reasons

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

The stupid boy mayor is there too. Just the worst people gathering for stupidest reasons

NFC North 2022: Just the worst people gathering for stupidest reasons

Also an overhyped yet now-stale bubble that’ll inevitably burst in predictable and ruinous fashion is the perfect metaphor for the Vikings

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gary Vaynerchuk is one of the most arrogant, bloviating, pretentious shitheels I've ever had the "pleasure" of meeting. He's seriously one of the slimiest people on the planet but because he's written some decent-selling books and writes pithy, bite-sized nuggets of "advice" on social media, he's built a bizarre cult of personality around him.

Jon Taffer was a guest on his podcast a few years ago (Taffer offering his entirely moronic method of generating customer loyalty) and there was so much smug in that studio I was praying for a meteor to come out of nowhere and smash it to hell.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It rocks that even in advanced stats Kirk Cousins is exactly who you think he is

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1527717630341173252

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Timby posted:

Niwrad is convinced that the Bears have already decided that Fields is a massive bust, despite him being hurt last year, playing behind a tissue paper offensive line and having no running game to speak of to back him up, and playing for a coaching staff that seemed hellbent on getting him killed on the field because everyone knew they were losing their jobs after the season.

No, I just think Ryan Poles is completely revamping this team in his image. I don't know why people assume that he would feel obligated to make the 4th QB taken in the 2021 draft by the previous regime the face of his rebuild. His moves so far have shown he doesn't give a poo poo what Ryan Pace thought about players.

It's not that Poles thinks Fields is a bust, I think he's agnostic to the whole situation. If Fields looks like a franchise QB, great! One less problem to deal with going forward. If he doesn't, I think Poles will not pass on a QB he thinks can lead the franchise. But it's clear that Poles isn't going all-in on Fields yet. Maybe he will after next season.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that Poles is going to evaluate and bring in talent that he likes. That he's not beholden to the decisions of the previous GM.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Seriously I don't understand why people are acting like the Bears will somehow be worse on offense. Did nobody watch last year? I feel like their floor is equally as inept as last year.

Their really bad offensive line lost its two best players. They lost their best wide receiver. Even if this new coordinator is good, he's going to be working with arguably the least talent of any team in the league. It would take a monumental coaching job to crack the top-25 with this unit.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It looks a lot like a rebuild to me. They probably won't be the most dire team in the league, but expectations should be kept reasonably low.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

Their really bad offensive line lost its two best players. They lost their best wide receiver. Even if this new coordinator is good, he's going to be working with arguably the least talent of any team in the league. It would take a monumental coaching job to crack the top-25 with this unit.

I'll accept two of its three best lineman, but Whitehair has been their best lineman for a while. And their third best lineman still wasn't very good.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

No, I just think Ryan Poles is completely revamping this team in his image. I don't know why people assume that he would feel obligated to make the 4th QB taken in the 2021 draft by the previous regime the face of his rebuild. His moves so far have shown he doesn't give a poo poo what Ryan Pace thought about players.

It's not that Poles thinks Fields is a bust, I think he's agnostic to the whole situation. If Fields looks like a franchise QB, great! One less problem to deal with going forward. If he doesn't, I think Poles will not pass on a QB he thinks can lead the franchise. But it's clear that Poles isn't going all-in on Fields yet. Maybe he will after next season.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that Poles is going to evaluate and bring in talent that he likes. That he's not beholden to the decisions of the previous GM.

"Poles isn't married to Fields" is completely different than "Poles doesn't give a poo poo about Fields, the team is tanking and they'll pick a top QB if they get the chance," though. Poles doesn't have to feel obligated to make an old regime's QB the face of his rebuild, but there's also no reason to assume he's more into a QB available in the next draft than he is Fields.

I agree that Poles's moves show that he isn't all-in on Fields, and I think that's probably start considering that Fields hasn't really done anything to prove himself yet. But I still think Fields is very likely to get at least a third year if only because the Bears have so many holes to fill. Unless Fields looks like dogshit or Poles falls in love with a QB prospect, it's easier to just take the best OL/WR/edge available — from there, either you're putting Fields in a position to succeed or you're bringing a future QB into a much more stable environment.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whether they are all in on Fields or not doesn't matter. By the end of the season, they will be.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Hot Diggity! posted:

This is the most Vikings thing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hot Diggity! posted:

It rocks that even in advanced stats Kirk Cousins is exactly who you think he is

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1527717630341173252

Is Matt Ryan still like, really good? I had no idea.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

Is Matt Ryan still like, really good? I had no idea.

He played for the Falcons, so it is hard to say

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matt Ryan is Schrodinger’s QB.

He exists in a quantum superpositional state of being a great quarterback and a terribly lovely quarterback, simultaneously.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m drunk on Hawaiian blue koolaid folks

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Timby posted:

Gary Vaynerchuk is one of the most arrogant, bloviating, pretentious shitheels I've ever had the "pleasure" of meeting. He's seriously one of the slimiest people on the planet but because he's written some decent-selling books and writes pithy, bite-sized nuggets of "advice" on social media, he's built a bizarre cult of personality around him.

Jon Taffer was a guest on his podcast a few years ago (Taffer offering his entirely moronic method of generating customer loyalty) and there was so much smug in that studio I was praying for a meteor to come out of nowhere and smash it to hell.

That is the dipshit that made all sports cards incredibly expensive.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1528802347178156032

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Pat McAfee is Bro Adam Conover.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aaron Rodgers is a bucket of turds.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Aaron Rodgers is a bucket of turds.

You'd think by now you'd have gotten over the fact that your team picked Smith over Rodgers but I guess some wounds time doesn't heal.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yikes those Roquan accusations

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Where are they? I see a bunch of Twitter garbage from unverified people, but nobody saying what it is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Some girl has made the accusation the Roquan raped her 5 years ago.

She seems to have posted a video showing some texts, and pictures of her at a hospital getting a rape kit done.

Edit: those videos have apparently been deleted

But yeah.

Hope it's not true but welp.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 24, 2022

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And now a new post says specifically February 5th?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yup, really bad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Par for the course but the discourse is already really bad!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Par for the course but the discourse is already really bad!

yuuup, I don't know if I believe the accusations personally yet but lmao at deciding to be the one to cape up for an athlete about something you learned about an hour or so ago.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Strong SA username energy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm kinda glad work has been kicking my rear end this week. I don't need to see idiots defending Roquan with zero information either way.

KDdidit posted:

Strong SA username energy.

Wait, was someone here defending?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yo jamo got the

The entire reddit website memeing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sataere posted:

Wait, was someone here defending?

I think he's talking about the accuser's TikTok username.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

forkboy84 posted:

You'd think by now you'd have gotten over the fact that your team picked Smith over Rodgers but I guess some wounds time doesn't heal.

Keep telling yourself that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Time clearly does not heal wounds when it comes to Rodgers and the 49ers, we can agree on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MJeff posted:

Time clearly does not heal wounds when it comes to Rodgers and the 49ers, we can agree on that.

Time? No.

4-0 record against him in the playoffs? Yes.

EDIT: Or were you talking about Rodgers?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 25, 2022