Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
At this point I just pre-order on Amazon and am pleasantly surprised when it shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got an email that we can pick our Warhammer+ mini by going to myWarhammer and “Navigate to the My Subscriptions section and click Choose Your Exclusive Free Miniature”, but when I click the link and sign in, I don’t see a My Subscriptions link. What am I doing wrong?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I was able to log into mywarhammer and on the left menu there's a MY SUBSCRIPTIONS area, under that the options were Warhammer+ Annual and Chose your exclusive mini.

I chose the vindicare. After making the choice the option is no longer displayed in the menu.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bucnasti posted:

I was able to log into mywarhammer and on the left menu there's a MY SUBSCRIPTIONS area, under that the options were Warhammer+ Annual and Chose your exclusive mini.

I chose the vindicare. After making the choice the option is no longer displayed in the menu.

There we go, found it. Thanks!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Watched the latest episode of Interrogator on WH+ and that's got to be the most headshots I've ever seen in any Warhammer media.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AndyElusive posted:

Watched the latest episode of Interrogator on WH+ and that's got to be the most headshots I've ever seen in any Warhammer media.

Clearly never seen an elf main in Vermintide 2.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wiegieman posted:

Part of the deal is that the Mars pattern Russ is better, because Mars makes sure they have the best factories and personnel who are capable of mass production of stuff like gyroscopic stabilizers.

Also they keep the best stuff for themselves so they have a monopoly and try to keep everyone else ignorant and dependent on them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Clearly never seen an elf main in Vermintide 2.

I regularly played the elf and I still don't think I saw as many eyeballs fly out of their sockets.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Vincula Insurgency is good and worth picking up. It takes place all the way back before the first ghosts book. It's nice because you get to see all your favorite characters that died over the years. It's the start of a new Ghost series that will be going back through the timeline telling what happened in between the existing books.

LE for Devastation of Baal got announced. I really like the design. If you are interested you should get it at launch because all the BA LEs go for crazy amounts on the aftermarket.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd like to see a Ghosts novel set during their time under Wilder's command.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Col.Schultz posted:

I think some of the best Ecclesiarchy weirdness like that was in the first of the Shia Calpurnia books, from way way back in the day where all of the BL authors leaned in hard to that stuff.

It always disappointed me that Matthew Farrer wrote those and then did nothing for them for like 15 years.

I saw his name on the two Urdesh Gaunts Ghosts spin-off books (which were way better than I was expecting) and was very surprised.
Matthew Farrer is one of the best Black Library writers there is. He has a lot of short stories that are really, really, really good-The Masters, Bidding is a must-read if you're interested in Chaos Marine politics and Seven Views of Uhlghuth's Passing is high-quality weird fiction. He also wrote After De'Shea for the Horus Heresy.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I was doing some wiki-ing and it seems like they got tied up with em unfortunately. David Guymer's being doing a good job with the "current day" chapter at least. I'd settle with a short story that explains how they got Ferrus's skull back tbh
Best theory on this I've ever seen: remember that one short story where Fulgrim had a manic episode and started cloning Ferrus Manus hundreds of times and then killed all the clones because they weren't his Ferrus and wouldn't join the dark side with him? Yeah, that's why at various times Fulgrim, Horus, and the Iron Hands have all been stated to have Ferrus Manus's skull. They've got extras.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Oops All Primarch Skulls

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Skulls for the Skull Throne!

:A mountain of Ferrus Manus skulls appear:

Different Skulls!!!!!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Cloned skulls are cheating says Khorne

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

boredsatellite posted:

no psykers axes only final destination

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

boredsatellite posted:

Not if you kill the clone and take their skull!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

If you set up an automated cloning machine that has a belt endlessly carrying clones straight out of the pod into a guillotine next to a Khorne shrine, would he accept that?

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 21, 2022

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If you set up an automated cloning machine that has a belt endlessly carrying clones straight out of the pod into a guillotine next to a Khorne shrine, would he accept that?

Theres a bit in I think The First Wall, where someone (I forget who but its a named character) is observing some World Eater serfs methodically and industrially cutting the heads off corpses and cleaning the flesh off the skulls, to offer unto Khorne, who gives no fucks as to where the skulls or blood comes from apparently.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Biplane posted:

Theres a bit in I think The First Wall, where someone (I forget who but its a named character) is observing some World Eater serfs methodically and industrially cutting the heads off corpses and cleaning the flesh off the skulls, to offer unto Khorne, who gives no fucks as to where the skulls or blood comes from apparently.

I’m actually kind of surprised by that, with Khorne I assumed it was less the blood and skulls themselves and more the emotions associated with what produced them. Like, Khorne would get more enjoyment out of an enraged berserker lopping heads off with a machete than, say, Servitor # 46258 getting decapitated in an industrial accident.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I could see minions misunderstanding Blood For the Blood God!!! and thinking they could game the system somehow, but every other thing I've ever seen about Khorne is that while he's pro murder, but only respects followers who kill challenging things.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Galvanik posted:

I could see minions misunderstanding Blood For the Blood God!!! and thinking they could game the system somehow, but every other thing I've ever seen about Khorne is that while he's pro murder, but only respects followers who kill challenging things.

I interprete it as Khorne giving more favour for more challenging or bloody battles but ultimately doesn't care from whence the blood flows

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Give me a couple of ideas:

1. The foreman that is willfully bad at their job and causes untold deaths gets raised into minor demonhood

2. The person who builds a factory line of death in a building with a Korne sign over the door

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The whole "Khorne cares not from where the blood flows" thing is more that Khorne doesn't care who is fighting as long as somebody is fighting. Two guardsmen getting into a knife fight? Cool. Cultists setting up a gladiatorial arena? Cool. World Eaters butching a city? Also cool. A dispassionate clone factory with a conveyor belt leading to the slaughterhouse? No combat at all and thusly lame as hell in the eyes of Khorne.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

notaspy posted:

1. The foreman that is willfully bad at their job and causes untold deaths gets raised into minor demonhood

2. The person who builds a factory line of death in a building with a Korne sign over the door
In some old White Dwarf there's a Nurgle Daemon Prince who used yo be a fly that was at some banquet where someone tried to murder a king or whatever via poison. He flew around doing what flies do on food and spread the poison to every meal, and Papa Nurgle found this hilarious.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Been reading these again, why are there no Knight Assassins/Assassin Titans? There's every other kind of Officio Assassinorum agent and asset, give me a Knight that's been tricked out for stealth, a Titan stealthily slipping around a Hive to score an engine-kill on one of the Daemon Titans.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Relevant Tangent posted:

Been reading these again, why are there no Knight Assassins/Assassin Titans? There's every other kind of Officio Assassinorum agent and asset, give me a Knight that's been tricked out for stealth, a Titan stealthily slipping around a Hive to score an engine-kill on one of the Daemon Titans.

Because the House Steiner Recon Lance is a relic of the Dark Age of Technology and has not been approved for use by the Priests of Mars.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Relevant Tangent posted:

Because that would be unchivalrous.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

Who needs a Knight-Assassin when (Kingsmaker spoilers) you can get a Callidus to GTA one by impersonating the pilot?

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
plus, they wouldn't really make an assassin titan because titans are god-machines. the whole point of them is being bombastic representations of the Omnissiah's might. it'd be like building an assassin battleship. when the mere act of walking shakes the earth, stealth kind of falls by the wayside. if they need to stealthily blow up a chaos titan, they can send saboteurs, who can move silently and escape notice.
even if they could build a stealth titan that doesn't make any noise, they probably wouldn't, titans are representives of their god, and their god does not sneak around.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ardent Communist posted:

plus, they wouldn't really make an assassin titan because titans are god-machines. the whole point of them is being bombastic representations of the Omnissiah's might. it'd be like building an assassin battleship. when the mere act of walking shakes the earth, stealth kind of falls by the wayside. if they need to stealthily blow up a chaos titan, they can send saboteurs, who can move silently and escape notice.
even if they could build a stealth titan that doesn't make any noise, they probably wouldn't, titans are representives of their god, and their god does not sneak around.

That's the joke.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notaspy posted:

2. Makes me think of that Monty Python sketch.

I now want to see John Cleese proposing something like that to Khorne.

https://youtu.be/QfArEGCm7yM

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Good news from ADB:

https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2022/05/23/where-is-adb/

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That is some wholesome poo poo from a Grimdark author. :)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I had no idea he was dealing with that, glad he's doing good

But are nerds actually filling his inbox to ask if his mental illness and loving suicide attempt will affect their space marine soap opera books??? gently caress that lmao

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Aaron Dembski-Bowden posted:

Secondly, and totally relatedly, there’s been a mountain of “How will his mental health affect his writing?” which is absolutely a fair question.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Vincula with the New Hope level retcon that canonically now

Rawne shot first.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I've been listening to Alpharius: Head of the Hydra.

It is not very interesting. This is a lie.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/25/the-next-novel-in-the-primarchs-series-descends-on-angels-wings/

Sanguinius is the next Primarch book, written by none other than Chris Wraight too.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hope this is better than Fear to thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

This is interesting because Mortarion comes out next month and they've already announced Rogal Dorn as well. I can't remember any time they've revealed this many primarch novels at once. The only one not announced now is Horus.

I'm kind of hoping they are trying to wrap all this up by the end of SoT so they can officially kick off Hours Heresy: The Scouring. I really feel like there are some interesting stories to explore during that period and it lasted 200+ years so they'll have plenty of room to explore.