Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the mbmbam show on seeso was actually surprisingly fun.

I think everyone knew that seeso wasn't long for the world even at the time though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

DoombatINC posted:

it was in front of us the whole time but we chose blindness over sight

So Dale was picked to redo Jack Torrance in The Shining. That's some casting.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

A National Acrobat posted:

jenna maroney does it better

having jane krakowski added to the cast of snl permanently in-character as jenna maroney would be the only thing that could possibly compel me to watch it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if u tuned into the new chip and dale due to deep-seated, repressed gadget thirst but ended up liking it anyways because it was funny, you're not alone. im not one of you, but you're not alone. i did like the movie however,

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

if u tuned into the new chip and dale due to deep-seated, repressed gadget thirst but ended up liking it anyways because it was funny, you're not alone. im not one of you, but you're not alone. i did like the movie however,

Gadget is unfortunately only about 1% the necessary height to inspire Smythe thirst

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Tollywood once again showing it's superior to Bollywood.

They are all financed either by Disney or Ambani.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

to my recollection, his latest special (where he tells zero jokes) features him referring to himself as the GOAT comedian with great confidence and no trace of irony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPdKmmAjAA

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Tollywood once again showing it's superior to Bollywood.
^^^

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
More like tollywood or rather RRR finally got the budget and technical skills to match his ideas. I still like Baahubali more.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Kicked Throat posted:

anyway this got me curious... who do people think is the funniest person on the planet right now? feel free to chime in at this link
https://forms.gle/Xi8cXLRvVhjfCxrd8

He may only be Britain's 41st best stand up comedian, but Stewart Lee is number 1 in my heart

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

watched Moonfall and im happy to report that dead space 3 is no longer the stupidest thing ive seen involving the moon

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Maya Fey posted:

watched Moonfall and im happy to report that dead space 3 is no longer the stupidest thing ive seen involving the moon

was dead space 3 stupider than transformers: dark of the moon?

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

that woody allen joke, tho

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the tumblr queers that want a comic from Chicago that makes jokes about going to Catholic school still have Jaboukie at least.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHOnGSFzd3Y

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1528432077095350272

This film is about 2 indian dudes fighting against british imperialism, looks pretty cool.

Watched it, it was very good.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

It's embarrassing how often people need to be reminded the internet isn't real life

Yeah. They're totally right at being upset with him for being transphobic adjacent, but these niche spaces on the internet aren't affecting culture quite that broadly.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/StrangerNews11/status/1528393608818302976

Why are the episodes so long? Lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

we just don't have enough 80s nostalgia

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

I watched like a couple episodes of the first season (it was bad, inert, lifeless) but those kids' faces have not aged well, lol.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh that sounds like torture

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They're all 0 minutes if you skip them :smug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

porfiria posted:

I watched like a couple episodes of the first season (it was bad, inert, lifeless) but those kids' faces have not aged well, lol.

Will has officially gotten too old to have a bowl cut

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The runtime of 9 movies to convey nothing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mastershakeman posted:

The runtime of 9 movies to convey nothing

ahem, please let me correct you

the runtime of 9 movies to convey "I remember liking the goonies when i was 11, and i tried to rewatch it last year and it just didn't hold up, but my soul is empty so we're doing this"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well it's Netflix so maybe they could poorly cut each episode into borderline episodic chunks to drag it out some more

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stranger Things s2 and 3 had no ideas but some p good performances

The kids are only good for kids but I like Natalia Dyer and Joe Keery and Maya Hawke, plus Sam Gamgee is always good to see

Shame about the writing, they wrapped up their s1 mystery and couldn't think of another one on the same level

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Well it's Netflix so maybe they could poorly cut each episode into borderline episodic chunks to drag it out some more

Will episode 6 be the momentum killing flashback or will it be episode 7

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

loquacius posted:

Stranger Things s2 and 3 had no ideas but some p good performances

The kids are only good for kids but I like Natalia Dyer and Joe Keery and Maya Hawke, plus Sam Gamgee is always good to see

Shame about the writing, they wrapped up their s1 mystery and couldn't think of another one on the same level

the only thing I liked about the second season was the part where that one bully seduced one of the nerds' moms

I didn't like anything about the third season

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Filthy Hans posted:

the only thing I liked about the second season was the part where that one bully seduced one of the nerds' moms

uh this sounds gross, aren’t the kids like 12

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Seems relevant for this thread-
https://twitter.com/a_m_mastroianni/status/1521133075199143937

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Filthy Hans posted:

I didn't like anything about the third season
Wasn't that the 3rd season? Life guard edition Billy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

1994 being a good year is now objectively proven

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Really that stretch from the 1970’s through the early 2000’s was just a fluke caused by a perfect storm of factors, and what we’re seeing now is just the natural studio system reasserting itself.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

uh this sounds gross, aren’t the kids like 12

He's someone's douche older brother, this happens in s3 and I'm pretty sure he was out of high school in s2

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also she doesn't go through with it, she glimpses her husband and youngest child picturesquely asleep on the couch together and has a change of heart

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
we need more studios that put out some whiffs and some absolute bangers with low enough budgets that they aren’t scared off of taking risks. let Disney and Warner have the top 20, bring me more low-mid budget movies like Prospect, EEAAO, Moon, Attack the Block, District 9, etc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
strangers things season 1 was cool. i thought it shoulda been an anthology show. do different cast / lovecrafty thing every season. easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it was also i think one of the first big pop culture water cooler convo shows to pander to me (us) specifically and that was pretty based.