Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
who doesnt have five copies of mr driller and the pal version of destruction derby lying around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mr driller ftw. Though the best version of Mr Driller can be found on the Nintendo Switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch is perfect for Mr. Driller

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
There's allot of non switch talk going on, almost seems like it's the switch that has no games

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Quite the opposite, in fact there are so many games it's unlikely most of us are playing the same thing. I'm playing that mouse thief game and it's pretty fun, I just got a costume that let's me walk around without getting noticed by the guards and it's opened up a bunch. But now it's bedtime cause I am old so I will continue playing tomorrow.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm playing Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 on my Xbox Series X via Xbox 360 backwards compatibility because it went on sale for $2.99 OP.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm not playing any Switch games because the god drat gas prices are too high

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just saw that ports of Monster Land, Monster World and Monster World 4 are coming to Switch on 6/3. Warning: Epic Win Alert

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm not playing any Switch games because the god drat gas prices are too high
Note to self: Apparently high gas prices delete games off your Switch/carts. I suppose mine hasn't been affected so far because I don't have a car?

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Len posted:

It's going to be as soon as they announce the sequel being made by squenix

Give me SMRPG Remake instead of this FF7 nonsense

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Just saw that ports of Monster Land, Monster World and Monster World 4 are coming to Switch on 6/3. Warning: Epic Win Alert

What sucks is that there's a much better collection that's coming out that not only has these games, but also Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap and Wonder Boy Monster Lair along with (mostly) every single home and regional variant of these games, yet it's not going to be released digitally, and the physical version is only being sold by Strictly Limited Games, who only have the €99.99 edition on their site now for the Switch version

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all/products/wonder-boy-anniversary-collection-collectors-edition-nsw

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Give me SMRPG Remake instead of this FF7 nonsense

Considering what FF7R is, I would love to see everyone get mad at a Mario RPG Remake.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Considering what FF7R is, I would love to see everyone get mad at a Mario RPG Remake.

When people talk about a Super Mario RPG sequel, I imagine this outcome, but I think it would be well received

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

I'm playing Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 on my Xbox Series X via Xbox 360 backwards compatibility because it went on sale for $2.99 OP.

Is this good ?

I just came into possession of an Xbox and Bionic Commando (NES) is on my short list of all time favorite games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The first Rearmed is fantastic but never heard much about the second. It'd be perfect for Switch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Bloop posted:

Is this good ?

I just came into possession of an Xbox and Bionic Commando (NES) is on my short list of all time favorite games
You'll love it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I just know that all these Switch games I've bought will be Perfect on the Switch 2.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Takoluka posted:

I mean a remake of a game they like as a child?

There is no way people ain’t getting mad at that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean a remake of a game they like as a child?

There is no way people ain’t getting mad at that

Not quite; (Endgame spoiler) It's a LITERAL remaking of the story itself trying to keep the "canon" FFVII plot on the rails by any means necessary. And losing badly by the end of the game.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

snooze fest of a game imho. never got turn based combat. I want to press a button and have my man or lady or robot swing the sword
Darkest Dungeon actually made me change my mind on turn based combat, as it made the radical design decision to make it good rather than crap. The secret is that it's always on a knife edge, positioning is important and most moves also move you or an enemy.

Every other game, yeah you just chug through the battles which hopefully at least have good music and graphics.

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 24, 2022

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I just rememverred Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 came out and that it was a bad game :(

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

worms butthole guy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

An Actual Princess posted:

worms butthole guy

i stopped playing them after world party

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not quite; (Endgame spoiler) It's a LITERAL remaking of the story itself trying to keep the "canon" FFVII plot on the rails by any means necessary. And losing badly by the end of the game.

SMRPG doesn’t have the cultural cachet to support that kind of trick

what else could square do with a remake? adjust the music? the yoshi race theme scientifically cannot be improved

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

what else could square do with a remake? adjust the music? the yoshi race theme scientifically cannot be improved

Remake it in HD-2D! :pseudo:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bring back Super Mario RPG so I can play Beetle Mania again.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oxxidation posted:

Do nothing else but up-res the graphics and maybe remaster the music and I will buy it again.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They'll put Luigi in as an unlockable party member after a half-assed side quest, and people will pretend to like it. Because Square demands it be that way. Also the game is $80 at release. Square tax, can't be helped.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hrist posted:

They'll put Luigi in as an unlockable party member after a half-assed side quest, and people will pretend to like it. Because Square demands it be that way. Also the game is $80 at release. Square tax, can't be helped.

ill pay double for it

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

$80 is a bargain compared to the price of an actual SMRPG Super Nintendo cartridge.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Hrist posted:

Don't threaten me with a good time! :retrogames:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i own a super mario rpg cartridge because i bought it with my allowance from doing chores when it came out

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
noobs

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i own a super mario rpg cartridge because i bought it with my allowance from doing chores when it came out

I own one because I traded my friend my Dreamcast copy of Tony Hawk 2. And then I bought another copy of Tony Hawk 2 on Dreamcast soon after that. Now I have both games. They should put Dreamcast on NSO. Anyway, that's my story.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I think I got it for Christmas. Little brother and I played the poo poo out of that game.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

(FF7R spoilers) Add the plot ghosts to mario rpg, but instead of trying to keep the plot the same, they're trying to force it to be the events of ff7

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

$80 is a bargain compared to the price of an actual SMRPG Super Nintendo cartridge.

That's what i paid when it came out (Canadian), plus 15% sales taxes. :shepspends:

It's also what new, full price games cost for the Switch these days too. :ironicat:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
SNES RPGs were usually 70 dollars or more lol

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Yeah people didn't buy SNES RPGs though, they'd pirate rent them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

👀 I,uh... Might have to sell some things on eBay