Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Hand Knit posted:

This time the 'LOLSOUTH' would be the Oilers. People might be so psychologically addicted to Oilers failure that there would be a complete unravelling as McDavid dangled through the Lightning again and again.

Are you kidding that would make me so happy. SOMEONE has to dangle through the goddamn Lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edmonton winning angers more people I dislike than Tampa winning.

Did anyone say "All Barkov and no bite" yet?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

We don't need Tampa Bay in the finals, we can just do Oilers-Canes again. Mike Smith charges out of his net and gets trucked by Tony D at the faceoff dot in Game 7. Just tremendous potential content right there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

eXXon posted:

We don't need Tampa Bay in the finals, we can just do Oilers-Canes again. Mike Smith charges out of his net and gets trucked by Tony D at the faceoff dot in Game 7. Just tremendous potential content right there.

Can't risk that, because if the Oilers do their thing then DeAngelo still gets his name on there.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The only team that I don't want winning the cup is Carolina because TonyD deserves nothing but pain and misery.

Rooting for them as long as he's on the team is shameful.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

The Dirty Burger posted:

Playoffs are weird, last year the Oilers got swept by the Jets and McDavid got shut down by Josh Morrisey and Neal Pionk, this year he could dangle God and make him look like an idiot
Every time I think there's no possible way they can come back from whatever hole they dug themselves, McDavid does some McDavid things and I remember they have the best player on the planet.

Sometimes (like vs Winnipeg) it isn't good enough, but that's because the Oilers are a lottery team without McDavid and Drai.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

Are you kidding that would make me so happy. SOMEONE has to dangle through the goddamn Lightning.

Yeah in this lovely copycat league if someone could break through the “park the bus then hope to score on a fast break” style that Tampa has perfected it could really help make things fun. The fact that it took last night’s “St Louis fans are racist against a guy David Perron tried to repeatedly murder with next to no punishment” storyline to make the Colorado series interesting is… not ideal.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also Vasilevskiy is great for sure but xG is a lot less kind to Florida’s G7 performance than the shot counter is, the Panthers were really whipping pucks from anywhere hoping to get bounces that never landed.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Withnail posted:

If I remember right, he also slashed toews in the nuts and tried to pull a moore/bertuzzi move on kadri. Avs might want to dress MacDermid for game 5.
Hell of a game by Perron. I hope Kadri gets another hat trick tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/MarkAMark/status/1528957836885217281

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Last night was just instantly off-the-rails for St. Louis where you had Brayden Schenn trying to fight Kadri on his very first shift of the game, instead of you know, trying to play hockey. If last year is any indication, St. Louis is going to utterly capitulate in Game 5. I'm starting to get the suspicion that St. Louis has gone as far as they can with Craig Berube.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Simplex posted:

Last night was just instantly off-the-rails for St. Louis where you had Brayden Schenn trying to fight Kadri on his very first shift of the game, instead of you know, trying to play hockey. If last year is any indication, St. Louis is going to utterly capitulate in Game 5. I'm starting to get the suspicion that St. Louis has gone as far as they can with Craig Berube.

Berube has no answers for how to turn this around. That's why he's just whining about ridiculous poo poo, like Kadri not getting a penalty for getting double assaulted by 2 Blues players

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

So Kadri is one thing, and I imagine DoPS won't do anything supplementary for all the heat he got, but what about all the other dumb poo poo Perron did last night to other Avs players that weren't Kadri? They gonna have anything to say about spearing Toews?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Chad Sexington posted:

I think Tampa also might just be really good. Florida outchanced Tampa by a lot.

Also the Kadri hat trick is glorious.

Tampa is real good but it always felt like Florida just planned on outscoring their defense and goaltending issues and well...that's not easy to do against good teams

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
There was next to zero chance the Panthers would have gone all the way with Bobrovsky.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m still trying to learn the intricate poo poo in hockey but Tampa’s defense just looks totally different from most teams. I don’t know what it is exactly, tons of blocked shots, just making offense as frustrating as hell for the other team. It’s really fun to watch.

Also update for anyone who remembers me talking about learning more about hockey: my copy of Down Goes Brown arrived today. I was going to grab The Game but this one seems like a better general intro to some history and culture through the sport. The Game seems great though, I’ll have to grab it too. Thanks for the recs y’all!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aces High posted:

So Kadri is one thing, and I imagine DoPS won't do anything supplementary for all the heat he got, but what about all the other dumb poo poo Perron did last night to other Avs players that weren't Kadri? They gonna have anything to say about spearing Toews?

He got a 5k fine for the cross check lol

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Levitate posted:

Tampa is real good but it always felt like Florida just planned on outscoring their defense and goaltending issues and well...that's not easy to do against good teams

Pretty hard to do when Vasilevskiy is crushing it out there.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Everyone's favourite referee is defending the honour of league policy right now and it's somehow worse than you'd expect.

https://twitter.com/TimCPeel20/status/1528973746324791297?s=20&t=ZbFqYRpg-YMfDWzdPMlRMA

https://twitter.com/TimCPeel20/status/1528981469439352835?s=20&t=ZbFqYRpg-YMfDWzdPMlRMA

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Can't argue with simple math, folks.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
It would make me feel better if I knew somehow that McCauley thought Peel was a piece of poo poo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Didn’t someone do a “Tim Peel is a person too” puff piece after all the flack he got for being easily the worst ref in the league? It’s almost nice that he’s a piece of poo poo and I don’t have to feel bad about how fans treated him.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m still trying to learn the intricate poo poo in hockey but Tampa’s defense just looks totally different from most teams. I don’t know what it is exactly, tons of blocked shots, just making offense as frustrating as hell for the other team. It’s really fun to watch.

Tampa’s D isn’t really revolutionary, they’re pretty passive and content to clog up the middle, but as you’ve noticed they’re very good at it and very committed. It’s pretty apparent watching them in elimination games and then remembering Mitch Marner/John Tavares just letting every shot go through them from the point.

Pimpcasso posted:

Pretty hard to do when Vasilevskiy is crushing it out there.

“Having Vasilevskiy” is a pretty big help to winning in the playoffs it’s true

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The blues won the Cup last [real] season. How on Earth are their fans so angry? Winning the Cup should chill you out.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They also spend an entire series during that run trying to murder Bishop so they should shut the gently caress up about Kadri being run into their keeper.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Colorado playoff posters coming out of the woodworks rocks. it's gonna be cool when mcdavid torches jack johnson repeatedly and the lauren boebert section of the state gets real mad when evander kane drops a heavy hit on someone

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Mr. Kite posted:

The blues won the Cup last [real] season. How on Earth are their fans so angry? Winning the Cup should chill you out.

Maybe Blues fans are just terrible people?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike_V posted:

Colorado playoff posters coming out of the woodworks rocks. it's gonna be cool when mcdavid torches jack johnson repeatedly and the lauren boebert section of the state gets real mad when evander kane drops a heavy hit on someone

My friend, have you met Alberta?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I grew up with Blues fans and they’re all good people okay there’s my incredibly cool but very racist grandma lmao rip :smith: I really hate the Kadri stuff. Apparently one of the people who sent messages was a Marine and someone on Reddit sent it to the USMC. Get hosed, rear end in a top hat.

Koopa Kid posted:

Tampa’s D isn’t really revolutionary, they’re pretty passive and content to clog up the middle, but as you’ve noticed they’re very good at it and very committed. It’s pretty apparent watching them in elimination games and then remembering Mitch Marner/John Tavares just letting every shot go through them from the point.

Yeah that checks out. The commitment is really what I notice I guess.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 24, 2022

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

I grew up with Blues fans and they’re all good people okay there’s my incredibly cool but very racist grandma lmao rip :smith: I really hate the Kadri stuff. Apparently one of the people who sent messages was a Marine and someone on Reddit sent it to the USMC. Get hosed, rear end in a top hat.

I feel bad for Pam Halpert.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

My friend, have you met Alberta?

you mean the fans that sent those same tweets Kadri got to Ethan Bear last playoffs!!!???

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

you mean the fans that sent those same tweets Kadri got to Ethan Bear last playoffs!!!???

the idea that all hockey fanbases are not racist (maybe with the exception of low interest teams like the panthers) is ridiculous since it's mostly white people but i guess fans of the team that is steamrolling through the playoffs have to find something to get mad about since they were probably not alive/paying attention during the time Colorado got gifted the Nordiques stacked roster

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its definitely ok to get mad at racist stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Racism is fine because everyone does it.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Its definitely ok to get mad at racist stuff.

Unless your team is good at hockey, in which case, stop complaining

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tim Peel was the guy who took a shot/dump-in off the nuts in the corner and it went past Luongo, right?

If so, that was wonderful.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Tim Peel was the guy who took a shot/dump-in off the nuts in the corner and it went past Luongo, right?

Yep, he was

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

He's also the guy that got fired last year right before retirement and getting that sweet, sweet ice cop pension for getting caught on mic saying that he called a penalty on a team simply because he didn't like them (cops everywhere shed tears of pride at that moment)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

Playoffs are weird, last year the Oilers got swept by the Jets and McDavid got shut down by Josh Morrisey and Neal Pionk, this year he could dangle God and make him look like an idiot

Last year the refs allowed 90s clutch and grab under the banner of "let them play"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Abner Assington posted:

Hell of a game by Perron. I hope Kadri gets another hat trick tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/MarkAMark/status/1528957836885217281

Condolences to Toews' widow

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Mr. Kite posted:

St. Louis sports fans are bad people, OP.

(Why yes, I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan—why do you ask?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mr. Kite posted:

Chip on the shoulder from everyone screaming about how it wasn't earned because of like 2 bad hits