Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah.

I'm deeply conflicted on whether or not Berserk should be finished by anyone else. Even if Miura had a detailed plan, it would just be so jarring to see anyone else doing art; there's only a handful of people on the level of Miura, and I wouldn't want them killing themselves over it either

There's a part of me that thinks a western prestige channel or stream service will get rights for a remake now that Miura's dead. I'm probably wrong but still, I can see someone at least tossing it out as an idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My apes!

https://twitter.com/CryptoWhale/status/1528833698988269568

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
imagine there being that many people dumb enough to put 400mil into something called monkeypoxinu

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Sometimes I get the little high of hope only to be utterly crushed. After over 30 years of Seattle Sports fandom you think I'd know better.

At least for football, the Seahawks can never truly hurt me since the Raiders have already done that.

Also the Storm are usually good.

Can I interest you in the Seattle Sounders?? Our little PNW ray of sunshine.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

There's a part of me that thinks a western prestige channel or stream service will get rights for a remake now that Miura's dead. I'm probably wrong but still, I can see someone at least tossing it out as an idea.

Honestly, I don't hate the idea

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

imagine there being that many people dumb enough to put 400mil into something called monkeypoxinu

I kind of hope most of that is inflated by the scammer to lure people in. This has to have been like the 20th rug pull I’ve heard about.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Better call Saul Jesus Christ

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Poor ending to a good ep

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Wanna get really mad before lunch?

https://twitter.com/maxwellstrachan/status/1529093193425354752?s=21

Why is everything so loving stupid all of the loving time……..

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So the new con will be buying up a bunch of rooms and then marking them up on the secondary market? Cool.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

LeeMajors posted:

The only good thing is that it seems to be (currently) just a couple resorts.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

These people can burn in hell

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The only good thing is that it seems to be (currently) just a couple resorts.

Do you trust the universe to snuff this out?

Some dude is going to write some software to basically soak the market with a billionaire investor and just wring every last dollar out of anyone who wants to travel.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

Do you trust the universe to snuff this out?

Some dude is going to write some software to basically soak the market with a billionaire investor and just wring every last dollar out of anyone who wants to travel.

Snuff it out? Probably not, but like most crypto and particularly NFTs I just don't see it being widespread at all. It's a solution without a problem. Worried about guests cancelling? Make non-refundable rates. The system outlined isn't consumer friendly and even looks overcomplicated for the hotels looking to utilize such a system.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Because we have an economy that is specifically engineered to make scams the most effective way of making money, and so everything has to constantly be a scam all the loving time

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I agree with y’all overall.

I hope it doesn’t become more widespread but I also thought crypto, despite being a total loving scam, is going to defraud millions of well-meaning dummies while collapsing the power grids of South America and Texas, and pushing us even more aggressively over a climate tipping point.

It’s just another reminder of how profoundly stupid everything is and, buddy, it’s wearing on me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The system outlined isn't consumer friendly and even looks overcomplicated for the hotels looking to utilize such a system.

It reads like some crypto bro who runs computers for the resorts sold the idea to his boss to me, but it could be the boss thinking this is a great idea for some....reason that's better than what they already have at their disposal? Some possible reason?

I don't have a WSJ sub so I can't read the article, the NFT's (should they have any value) just stay with the customer and don't go back to the lodging right? Oh god I can read the article and these startup Crypto companies are guaranteeing to pay should these rooms not sell? That's...a very bad idea for everyone it seems.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Attaching NFT to a ticket system just seems dumb as hell buzzword nonsense. It's just doing the loving venue ticket thing for hotel rooms, which loving sucks, but is normal scumbaggery for tourist traps.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I wish we’d stop trying to make NFTs a thing. It means nothing and gives a bunch of do-nothing dorks with god complexes and more money than brains an avenue to sell a bunch of even dumber corporate execs with colorful spreadsheets.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Attaching NFT to a ticket system just seems dumb as hell buzzword nonsense. It's just doing the loving venue ticket thing for hotel rooms, which loving sucks, but is normal scumbaggery for tourist traps.

Like the article mentions it seems to set up a ticket scalping situation in the end, but that's betting high on whoever you sign a contract with if the crypto guys are working in good faith and will actually pay if they can't sell the rooms (:lol:). I mean, you ever try to scalp tickets to an Orioles game?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I wish we’d stop trying to make NFTs a thing. It means nothing and gives a bunch of do-nothing dorks with god complexes and more money than brains an avenue to sell a bunch of even dumber corporate execs with colorful spreadsheets.

Luckily the NFT markets themselves have pretty much taken care of that, it's now just down to the particularly slow and stupid companies reacting to 6 months ago, anyone sensible has cut bait already.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Like the article mentions it seems to set up a ticket scalping situation in the end, but that's betting high on whoever you sign a contract with if the crypto guys are working in good faith and will actually pay if they can't sell the rooms (:lol:). I mean, you ever try to scalp tickets to an Orioles game?

Sure, but get a motivated tech millionaire who buys up all the cheapest rooms at Disney for like every spring break and summer weekend for the next 5 years then builds his own market to resell....? I mean, I know not all these folks are competent but this gives a lot of leeway to really gently caress some poo poo up for normal people who are working hard to afford vacations for their kids.

Kalli posted:

Luckily the NFT markets themselves have pretty much taken care of that, it's now just down to the particularly slow and stupid companies reacting to 6 months ago, anyone sensible has cut bait already.

I really hope you're right and it seems like people woke up to NFTs a lot faster than they have to Crypto.

I'm just being a huge downer because the constant barrage of poo poo about the degradation of voting rights and campaign finance regulation coupled with the outright extremism on the right has me feeling pretty hopeless atm.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

Hey, I know a few of y'all live in Florida, anyone got a bat and some time?

https://www.businessinsider.com/chess-prodigy-steignet-software-buys-homes-for-big-investors-2022-5

It's (not actually) surprising the journalist writing this article can't see the glaring difference between Zillow etc. risking their own money on home flips, vs. a real estate agent funneling listings to clients. The agent risks nothing, he just picks up his 2.5-3% commission on each sale.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

Well, this sucks for me.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’d be nice to go to a sunny beach right now.

Tempted to say the beach drink would be margarita but I think something more fruity would be appropriate.

What’s the TFFer go-to beach beverage?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

Joke's on you, I read this after lunch.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

More problems being "solved" by blockchains that don't need to be. Why are NFTs involved at all? Just sell the nights as non-refundable but transferable, like every event ticket ever.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Tempted to say the beach drink would be margarita but I think something more fruity would be appropriate.

Depends where I am, but I really like the piña coladas with the raspberry puree swirled in them. I also like a mai tai.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tropical mules were my go to, or mai tais. Anything rum based really.

Tropical zombie if you don't care about remembering that day

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Canned beer.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Speaking of scalping, any Chicago goons know the best practice for selling (or want to buy) Riot Fest tickets? I impulse bought a three day pass while drunk this past winter and only later realized I really can’t afford Chicago/festival food prices and hotel rates for an entire weekend lol

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

swickles posted:

Canned beer.

This. A nice lager or low abv canned beer.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Canned beer.

This. Typically Coors original but also loads of whatever local pilsner or kolsch I can get my hands on.

Also a 1:1 vodka/apple juice combo is killer on the beach. Or guava juice + rum.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

T-Square posted:

Speaking of scalping, any Chicago goons know the best practice for selling (or want to buy) Riot Fest tickets? I impulse bought a three day pass while drunk this past winter and only later realized I really can’t afford Chicago/festival food prices and hotel rates for an entire weekend lol

Post in the Chicago thread and you might get some bites: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032498&pagenumber=2214#lastpost

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Go slowly insane drinking sea water and baking in the sun.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I always associate the beach with being dehydrated, so beach drinking never sounds very appealing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

General Dog posted:

beach drinking never sounds very appealing.

This might be the dorkiest sentence I’ve ever read smdh

Always go light lager on the beach. Go cheap. Bring a handle of vodka or rum (choose rum like a pirate imo)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Getting hammered on the beach is guatanteed to be a bad time. Drinking beers or super iced up cocktails is a must though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Micheladas are a very good beach drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I prefer rum ham