Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

DMorbid posted:

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1521017250899271680

Square Enix sold all their western studios and IPs at a huge discount so they can focus on the blockchain or something. I don't know what the status of the Guardians license is, but I wouldn't expect a sequel anytime soon. Well, you probably weren't expecting one anyway.
Who do I need to sacrifice to Satan to get Sleeping Dogs revived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Episode 12: Space Doggity

Cosmo is the best boy and we would do anything for him. Hala's Hope, on the other hand, is not doing so well on our return trip.

EPISODE 12 STUFF:

Archive: Warning
Archive: Cadet Gold's Attendance
Outfit: Nova Corps (Rocket)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
these last few post huddle songs have certainly been... some choices.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Happy Mother's Day, Peter. PS here's the memory of your mom dying.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Acab, but Cosmo ain't no bastard.

He's a son-of-a-bitch

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

If he had been bitten, Rocket would have become a Cosmo Gnawt

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Bestest Boy!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Cosmo is now my favorite character.

I loved the ball device just... middle of a meeting? Don't care, ball time!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
The more I see of this game, the more I want to play it. Not for the combat, but for the walking around, listening to the other Guardians chatter on and on with each other. It's like a movie that you can play.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
mycop planet as garbage planet. because мусор (moo-sor) in Russian means exactly that. Clever.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Given the popularity of funny talking animals in most media, it’s surprising Cosmo hasn’t made it into the Guardians movies outside an unvoiced cameo (at least so far). Maybe they thought he was redundant next to Rocket? Not going to express personal opinion on that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The thing that makes Cosmo work is as well as being a genius talking dog and incredibly russian, he is also very much a good boy. The mixing in of dog mannerisms with his dialogue is the most :kimchi: thing

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

painedforever posted:

The more I see of this game, the more I want to play it. Not for the combat, but for the walking around, listening to the other Guardians chatter on and on with each other. It's like a movie that you can play.

It's genuinely my favorite game of last year. The team banter is so incredibly great and there is a great progression from difunctional found family to best friends. This dynamic is better than any marvel movie managed to do so far. And it is so incredibly, absurdly pretty. One of the last colorful scenery shots of space has been my desktop wallpaper ever since I played it. Half of the time I was messing around with photo mode. I have genuine trouble comming of with a prettier game from recent time. Not just based on graphics quality but also the diverse and detailed settings. Maybe Horizon Forbidden West.

The only negative aspect was that the combat was a bit tedious at times.

Everyone buy it! It's not really gonna happen, but I want a sequel.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 9, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

The team banter is so incredibly great and there is a great progression from difunctional found family to best friends. This dynamic is better than any marvel movie managed to do so far.

Now imagine if we got a Fantastic Four game this good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Now imagine if we got a Fantastic Four game this good.

I literally can't.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cosmo is the bestest boy ever

Good dog

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Considering no-one's managed to do a good Fantastic Four movie, I think expecting a game is asking too much.

You could just play Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and use the Fantastic Four.

What are the graphics requirements like for Guardians of the Galaxy? My computer can run Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but stutters badly running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

painedforever posted:

What are the graphics requirements like for Guardians of the Galaxy? My computer can run Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but stutters badly running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Mankind Divided came out almost six years ago (holy poo poo, where does the time go) so if your computer struggles with that, it's probably safe to say Guardians isn't gonna work very well. As far as modern games go, it's not super demanding but you do need somewhat recent hardware to run it.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Yep, that makes sense. I bought my laptop before my second boy was born, so that means 7-ish years. And it was an older model, which is why I got it fairly cheap.

Oh well. At least I can enjoy the game with some colour commentary. Like a lot of people, the first I knew of the Guardians of the Galaxy was because of the MCU movies... and even then only after someone told me how fun they were.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 13: Ghost

We continue our exploration of Hala's Hope and make some shocking discoveries. There's also a robot priest, but that's not one of the shocking discoveries. But what could possibly be more shocking than a robot priest?

Sorry about the delays recently. I've been working like a dog (regular dog, not Cosmo who could probably use his cosmic powers to make things easier) for a few weeks and haven't had the energy to do any editing.

EPISODE 13 STUFF:

Outfit: Nova Corps (Gamora) (If you've been paying attention, you might've noticed that all Nova Centurion armor has those boob lights, not just the female armor. Nova Force is stored in the boobs)
Archive: So Many Thoughts
Archive: Urgent Quarantine Warning
Archive: Upcoming Accuser Visit
Archive: Cycle Reminders
Archive: Golden Shadows

edit: Would also help if I actually published the video. :eng99: 4K isn't ready yet so check back for that later.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 23, 2022

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Futu-Rama has robot priests! And a robot devil.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

One of Gamora's last names is Ben? I wasn't aware she was Jewish.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Man, we got some real evidence that Nova corps is off their rocker for Cosmo in this one. Nothing to do with botany? We have Groot!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Hey, so now they finally have some useful information for the Dog Report.

Man, does the relationship between Peter Quill and Ko-Rel feel a bit, I dunno, squidgy to anyone else? Apparently she said, "We shouldn't be doing this," fearing the Kree Purity whatever, and Peter ignored it and went ahead with it?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

painedforever posted:

Hey, so now they finally have some useful information for the Dog Report.

Man, does the relationship between Peter Quill and Ko-Rel feel a bit, I dunno, squidgy to anyone else? Apparently she said, "We shouldn't be doing this," fearing the Kree Purity whatever, and Peter ignored it and went ahead with it?

Eh, could have been said after the fact as the break up, she could have known it was a bad idea and wanted to do it anyway, or any number of things. There's too little info to really read that darkly into it.

Same for why they shouldn't have been doing that. Ignorant of the kree thing it would be pretty easy to assume she meant a cop and a pirate being together.

It could be something rapey, but the two of them seem to get/got along well enough in the present that that's less likely.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i read it as Ko-Rel acknowledging the taboo (and she was either willing to break it, or into breaking it)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, it's definitely less rape and more of that cinematic trope where one or both sides claim that it's a bad idea and that they shouldn't do it while continuously undermining their own point by re-engaging the smooching.

I don't think she'd have had trouble to shut down Peter if she actually wanted to.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Feels like she also just liked having someone finding her attractive, considering she lost her husband and son previously. Then suddenly having someone putting moves on you might make you dismiss certain other issues just for the chance to feel cared for.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In light of this distressing news of Ko-rel and Peter's relationship, the Digital Deluxe version of the game is now on sale on PS4 too.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, it's definitely less rape and more of that cinematic trope where one or both sides claim that it's a bad idea and that they shouldn't do it while continuously undermining their own point by re-engaging the smooching.

I don't think she'd have had trouble to shut down Peter if she actually wanted to.

I figured that's the trope that was being referenced. The implications just get terrifying if Ko-Rel now has to keep hiding her daughter, and dyeing her hair to hide from the "Purity Police", which itself is such a creepy concept. Just a lot of potentially creepy stuff piled up in one place.

To think, we had the glory of Cosmo an update ago.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The lesson of the day is the Kree are really not that great

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

It's meant to be a crapsack universe, I guess? The movies seemed to be quite a bit more noblebright, I thought.

And y'know, I'm not trying to rag on Peter Quill, because he still feels immature. That seems to be a character trait that showed up in the movies and here (don't know if that's in the comics).

It makes sense, right? He got kidnapped while still a kid, and didn't have any good role models, and didn't have the luxury to grow up because it was all about survival.

Most of the characters in the Marvel Universe seems to need a lot of therapy, just in general. Meanwhile, in DC, Batman needs all of the therapy, on his own.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I'll get around to updating soon enough, but in the meantime, here's Episode 10 again with Take On Me restored.

Whatever copyright bullshit was going on earlier seems to have been sorted out for the time being (I noticed the video of all Saints Row 2 player voices singing Take On Me was back after being blocked for a while), so enjoy the dulcet tones of Morten Harket until WMG's copyright robots go rogue again.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 14: (Don't Fear) The Reaper

We can be like they are.

EPISODE 14 STUFF:

Outfit (Star-Lord): Bad-Lord
Outfit (Drax): Cage Match
Archive: Re: She Has Come!
Archive: Notice: Malfunction

4K is still processing, check back for that later.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I know I am repeating myself, but this game is insanely pretty.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
The Marvel database entry on the Church of Universal Truth is.. something, lotta Lovecraftian shenanigans. I can't wait until we encounter my favorite Infinity War character ever in a few videos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DreadUnknown posted:

The Marvel database entry on the Church of Universal Truth is.. something, lotta Lovecraftian shenanigans. I can't wait until we encounter my favorite Infinity War character ever in a few videos.

They already put Morbius in this game?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Eesh, the grinding combat really does come through. Which is a shame because it does seem like a cool game otherwise. But... What is with Drax? Will it get addressed? Cause it seemed very vague on whether something is up with him or not.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Based on Quill's version of the Promise, Drax probably got forced to kill his wife and kid to break out of it. Orrrr he was only broken out of it when Quill and the others got free, and would have accepted it if the others hadn't broken the Matriarch's concentration first. Either way, it's not hard to see where the impulse to jump into what was deemed likely instant death water would come from under those circumstances, especially considering Drax is a very literal guy who doesn't really have any idea how to come to grips with the concept of a complete psychic fabrication good enough to feel 100% real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Personally I'd say that it's more that Drax is the most wounded by his past (which is a high drat bar with this bunch, the best-adjusted of which is the sole survivor of an extinction) and thus the most tempted to let go of reality for a much more pleasant fantasy. I was sincerely worried that entire episode that he had actually succumbed and would turn on the crew at a pivotal moment. I'm a little reassured by some of the conversations the group's had about it, as they showed he does know it was a fantasy, but I'm not fully convinced he won't still decide to give in later.