Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm not defending this half assed streaming service but presumably there are people on the earth who enjoy watching football and also may not have access to a television while the game is on

The streaming apps that people use to watch these things on their TVs also work on phones and tablets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just give me an easy way to pay for RedZone, that's all I want.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mega64 posted:

hahahaha

never

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey c'mon I'm sure they'll have an option that costs more then all of Direct TV does sooner or later.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
youtube tv is what you're after

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Also give me Red Zone for every game so I can get more Scott Hanson doing anything and less horrible Buick commercials that make me want to commit war crimes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is so monumentally stupid. Why would I want to watch a football game on my phone?

Everyone younger than 21 uses their phone or a tablet for basically all of their media consumption that’s why. The TV networks won’t want their audience canabalized by non-mobile streaming that works on a TV because adults would use that in large numbers instead. They don’t use it on a phone though. So kerping it to mobile means it’s only expanding the audience not moving it around and meanwhile the network and cable TV contracts remain lucrative.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 25, 2022

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Sunday ticket without being 10mins behind and locked to direct tv would be cool. To bad the NFL will never do it

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I’d use the yahoo app if I was watching a game and wanted a spliff but I guess I’ll time it around halftime now

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1529539443216068608?t=zdNa1Qo1QOHPvr0cDyl2Jg&s=19

I am sure Western PA will be cool and good with a man named Omar Khan as the GM.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Who cares what they think. They're already somehow still frothing mad at a black coach, this won't move the needle

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol kronke owned every other owner, personally, to the tune of $7.5m, and the league itself to the tune of half a billion dollars

quote:

The NFL agreed to pay $790 million in November to end a legal dispute over the Rams’ relocation from St. Louis to Los Angeles back in 2016.

The amount is the most the NFL has ever paid to settle litigation, and details about where the money came from are now starting to emerge.

Filed in 2017 by St. Louis, St. Louis County, and the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority, the lawsuit alleged the league broke its own relocation rules when the Rams moved.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke agreed to indemnify the league before other NFL owners approved the team’s move in 2016, but wavered on his promises shortly before the trial started on Jan. 10, 2022. Kroenke previously attempted to settle the suit for $100 million.

Instead, the NFL settled and Kroenke’s counterparts paid a portion of it. The league has reportedly taken $7.5 million from the other 31 teams — totaling $232.5 million — a “surprise” to the owners, who are left with questions about their budgets. The Athletic reported that the rest likely came from the NFL’s financial reserves.

The owners reportedly still don’t know if the money will be returned from the league.
Kroenke continues to resist pressure to pay the sum, arguing that legal costs and settlement payments are different.

https://frontofficesports.com/nfl-owners-surprised-by-232-5m-in-rams-settlement-charges/

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

I'm not defending this half assed streaming service but presumably there are people on the earth who enjoy watching football and also may not have access to a television while the game is on

I got to watch Houston beat Jacksonville week one while waiting in some airport (Charlotte maybe) on a layover but that was because I had NFL ticket from, Apple or something I dont know.

The point being that it does have uses, yeah.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This is a good point I had not considered. Mainly because I'm fed up with not getting to watch my team play without forking over several hundred dollars or going to a loud bar where I will likely not get to hear the audio for my team's game. And because I refuse to watch a football game on my phone even if I am stuck in an airport on layover with no other options.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

evilweasel posted:

lol kronke owned every other owner, personally, to the tune of $7.5m, and the league itself to the tune of half a billion dollars

https://frontofficesports.com/nfl-owners-surprised-by-232-5m-in-rams-settlement-charges/

It's funny that loving with the money isn't enough to get booted out of the country club. Wonder where the line really is.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

And because I refuse to watch a football game on my phone even if I am stuck in an airport on layover with no other options.

This is a strange hill to die on, but people like having options to watch the games. Hope this helps clear things up.

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's funny that loving with the money isn't enough to get booted out of the country club. Wonder where the line really is.

not supporting r troops

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BrownThunder posted:

This is a strange hill to die on
Its more of a "I'd find an airport bar" rather than some hard line in the sand (despite my phrasing). I just dont like doing poo poo on my phone that could be done on a more convenient device/method.

BrownThunder posted:

but people like having options to watch the games. Hope this helps clear things up.

Yeah I addressed this with:

This is a good point I had not considered.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 25, 2022

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Kaep gonna be a Raider

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1529539443216068608?t=zdNa1Qo1QOHPvr0cDyl2Jg&s=19

I am sure Western PA will be cool and good with a man named Omar Khan as the GM.

omar khan has been one of the main personnel guys for the steelers for like 2 decades, he's very popular. he was their cap guy

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

This is a good point I had not considered. Mainly because I'm fed up with not getting to watch my team play without forking over several hundred dollars or going to a loud bar where I will likely not get to hear the audio for my team's game. And because I refuse to watch a football game on my phone even if I am stuck in an airport on layover with no other options.

i wonder if the service will block you from being able to sling the audio/video to your tv from whatever device you’re on. you can already do that with basically all the chromecast/appletv/roku poo poo so hopefully you could do this here as well

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bring senile and having a team a richer person wants.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

DeimosRising posted:

he was their cap guy

Based on the image he’s not a cap fan he wears that pate out and about. You love to see it, but given his lack of care for coverage watch for the Steelers draft picks in the secondary to quit panning out

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1529523586322550784

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:sickos:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Gruden is stupid rich, he might not have a price worth the damage this does the NFL. I know not to have hope for this kind of outcome, but it's hard not to dream.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Phobeste posted:

Based on the image he’s not a cap fan he wears that pate out and about. You love to see it, but given his lack of care for coverage watch for the Steelers draft picks in the secondary to quit panning out

Never sample your product, he keeps them in caps for sure

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9cMJhzzbwE

HBO Real Sports segment on Deshaun Watson is out.

E: splicing a Boondocks clip into it was a bit of a choice

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 26, 2022

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Hot Diggity! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9cMJhzzbwE

HBO Real Sports segment on Deshaun Watson is out.

They way Watson's lawyer was just smiling and jovial through Soledad's questions at the end was pretty unsettling.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Well, that splice at 10:54 was quite something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably not going to make the team so I'm already calling him Randy Miss with how gaga Chiefs fans are going.

but this is a nice catch.

https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1529597463572664323

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sure CeeDee, sure.
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1529551458810699777?s=21&t=yINAYX8qfWgb7QncBeVNoQ

kiimo posted:

Probably not going to make the team so I'm already calling him Randy Miss with how gaga Chiefs fans are going.
Who even is that? Oh I see Ross.... Justyn Ross?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yes UDFA Justyn Ross.

Sorry I thought everyone knew it was UDFA = Randy Moss season.

I mean he does look pretty good there but pump the brakes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Never

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I imagine NFL settles before Discovery

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I imagine NFL settles before Discovery

I feel that the NFL will do literally all they are capable of doing to ensure that by the time this moves on it’s Gruden who wants to settle.

Nov 6, 2002

Gonna find out what a Gruden Grinder really means.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jeeeeeeeez

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1529620690374217728?t=hU5OM0EqTQmZgelU4SdbAA&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mods please change thread title to I don't have confidence that the Washington Commanders are a viable NLF franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Yes UDFA Justyn Ross.

Sorry I thought everyone knew it was UDFA = Randy Moss season.

I mean he does look pretty good there but pump the brakes.

I mean he would've probably been drafted highly if not for those awful medicals.