Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Arivia posted:

jake virtanen

A's to Brendan Leipsic and Brandon Prust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

OEL for captain. Demko with an A. Petterson traded for beans

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Was extremely odd. I always thought he was noticable in a really good way on the 3rd pairing, but he definitely had difficulty with transitions at the NHL level and Sullivan has his preferences and Riikola definitely wasn't one of them to the point of playing Friedman on the off-side. Have to think it's a make or break camp for PoJ too. No Riikola means a bit more space for a lefty and a bit further up the depth chart. Of course all of this could swiftly change with Letang, UFA, and tra.....yeah not that one.

Moving one of Petts or Dumoulin would be a nice way to clear up cap and give POJ/Friedman a chance to solidify their roles. Dunno if Hextall will manage it though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

That's fine. I don't really care for this team anyways. Whatever brings me closer to my sweet boy Bedard.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Was extremely odd. I always thought he was noticable in a really good way on the 3rd pairing, but he definitely had difficulty with transitions at the NHL level and Sullivan has his preferences and Riikola definitely wasn't one of them to the point of playing Friedman on the off-side. Have to think it's a make or break camp for PoJ too. No Riikola means a bit more space for a lefty and a bit further up the depth chart. Of course all of this could swiftly change with Letang, UFA, and tra.....yeah not that one.

What the hell wrong did POJ do? I figured he'd be a full timer this year.

I remember him coming up tearing it up and then never getting another chance.

Did I miss a chance he had and didn't perform well? :shrug:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

(and they had to win their way in and should've beaten Tronnah in 4).

I'm going to relitigate this poo poo because that series was just a completely irreproducible fluke hot streak by Korpisalo. Prove me wrong.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Krime posted:

Yeah it seems clear enough by now that Sullivan's decided he doesn't want POJ on the ice for whatever reason. Could be a good reason for it I dunno.

Sullivan's always been weird about defensemen and it always makes me think he might not quite actually understand why his system works so well. He seems to deliberately seek out defensemen that are the exact opposite of what works best in the system he wants his team to play and bury the ones best suited to it, except Letang because Letang was an established star long before Sully got there. And of course the team seems to have decided to let Letang walk.

I've been worried about them signing Tony D to a huge contract but I should probably be more worried about them signing Ben Chariot to a huge contract. This is a team that thought a megacontract for JMFJ was a good idea, then when that turned out to be a catastrophe (who could have seen that coming??) thought trading Hornqvist for the privilege of assuming Matheson's giant eternal contract was a good idea. It might be time to admit this team wouldn't recognize a good modern defenseman if one bit them on the nose. They won the second Cup with a truly awful D corps through a combination of luck and their forwards being just that awesome, and it may have given Sullivan a very wrongheaded idea of what kind of D corps you can realistically expect to win the Cup with.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 25, 2022

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/SamanthaJPell/status/1529553663550693381?s=20&t=k3azZnBJZ7f0M0aAD0rLww

Tom Wilson tore his ACL because he let up on a hit lol

He is physically incapable of not destroying dudes without hurting himself instead.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
X-post from the OSHA thread in GBS...

StarkingBarfish posted:

Guess what mascot is forklift certified :

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1527682554207297538

Because of course he is.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttdmB00qHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBU0SLvbak

Seguin Jersey featured in a Kpop video.

That's some marketing there Dallas.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/SamanthaJPell/status/1529553663550693381?s=20&t=k3azZnBJZ7f0M0aAD0rLww

Tom Wilson tore his ACL because he let up on a hit lol

He is physically incapable of not destroying dudes without hurting himself instead.

Put him and Backstrom on LTIR, sign Forsberg and bring him the gently caress home.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah it seems clear enough by now that Sullivan's decided he doesn't want POJ on the ice for whatever reason. Could be a good reason for it I dunno.

Sullivan's always been weird about defensemen and it always makes me think he might not quite actually understand why his system works so well. He seems to deliberately seek out defensemen that are the exact opposite of what works best in the system he wants his team to play and bury the ones best suited to it, except Letang because Letang was an established star long before Sully got there. And of course the team seems to have decided to let Letang walk.

I've been worried about them signing Tony D to a huge contract but I should probably be more worried about them signing Ben Chariot to a huge contract. This is a team that thought a megacontract for JMFJ was a good idea, then when that turned out to be a catastrophe (who could have seen that coming??) thought trading Hornqvist for the privilege of assuming Matheson's giant eternal contract was a good idea. It might be time to admit this team wouldn't recognize a good modern defenseman if one bit them on the nose. They won the second Cup with a truly awful D corps through a combination of luck and their forwards being just that awesome, and it may have given Sullivan a very wrongheaded idea of what kind of D corps you can realistically expect to win the Cup with.

POJ didn't have a great camp from what I remember. Looked a bit pedestrian. I think that coupled with the logjam the Pens had at d basically cost him a spot.

If Hextall forces a spot in the 7 d open for him I'm sure he'll play. But I'm not sure how easy it will be to move Dumo or Petts.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Krime posted:

Oh that's easy an easy one - he got abused in his very short time up with the big team. 2 goals for 3 against at 5s and 5 against in all situations with no more goals for to show and very limited ice time. Also a victim of entirely too many LDs.

That said it doesn't explain Friedman over Riikola 'cause all situations Friedman gave up more than he got and that remains true at 5v5.

Unfortunately for the playoffs it was Letang/Matheson that were the only under 50% GF pairing at 5s. All situations it's Letang, Rudwedel, and Marino.

That said I thought the D was mostly fine. Zucker's woeful time with the Pens continued...Blueger was 25% GF...Carter 38%. Moving to 5v5 and jfc Carter to absolutely worked. 3 goals for 9 against.

Which speaking of old men getting contracts when they're well passed it. That one is bad.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Oh and trade Zucker and sign Rakell for as close to the Rust contract as you can please and thanks.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

FunOne posted:

If I understand how K-pop stans work the Stars are now beloved by hundreds of thousands of Korean teenagers and hated by millions more.. Would love it if the team put this song in the rotation in the playlist at the AAC instead of the bullshit country music sing along music they jam down their fans throat.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

sign Rakell for as close to the Rust contract as you can please and thanks.

Every Pens poster on here feels like this core has one last cup run left in it, but man…5 straight first round exits since the back to back cups, maybe it’s time to start getting younger instead of signing 30 year olds to 6 year deals

The windows closed!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Realistically yes that's true, but Sidney Crosby is still there and if he wants you to sign vets and keep fighting for a low playoff spot then by god you sign vets and keep fighting for a low playoff spot. The team will keep printing money as long as he's there. No reason to force a tank imo (and you can't tank with Crosby on the team anyway, he will keep you out of the bottom 5 by himself).

It also would look quite a bit different if they'd wiped the Rangers in 5 and then taken the Canes to 6, which is in fact what would have happened but for the assault on Crosby.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Management is 100% ride and die with the core that is there. If Malkin and/or Letang walk it doesn't much matter and either Hextall is going to hand out some very 'exciting' contracts in an attempt to salvage/retool on the fly or it's into the tank. If the directive is to 'retool' and take another shot with this core.... :shrug: unless you're rolling out all the money you're going to be rummaging around in the bin a bunch.

Edit: ^^ DeSmith tearing a core muscle 80% through game 1 also a gigantic *

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sullivan is the second longest tenured coach in the league now, after Cooper. Going into his 7th full season as Pens coach. Gods it doesn't feel that long. Realizing Sidney Crosby is old is enough to throw anyone into an existential crisis.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

eXXon posted:

I'm going to relitigate this poo poo because that series was just a completely irreproducible fluke hot streak by Korpisalo. Prove me wrong.

I mean, he was 19-12-5 with a 2.60 and .911 that regular season and was named to the All-Star Game before he broke himself in a shootout New Year's Eve because this happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQDAwxFWJwg

...so it's not like he was garbage that season. Goalies get hot and the difference between beating Toronto in 4 or 5 was they pissed away a three-goal lead in the last 5 of regulation of Game 4 and lost in OT. :shrug:

I know OTLs don't mean anything in the playoffs but, using that metric as an illustration, the CBJ went 1-2-2 against Tampa, so they played them close before being eliminated.

The alternative would've been to roll with Elvis, who had better RS numbers (after losing his first 9 games) and similar playoff numbers.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

If I understand how K-pop stans work the Stars are now beloved by hundreds of thousands of Korean teenagers and hated by millions more.. Would love it if the team put this song in the rotation in the playlist at the AAC instead of the bullshit country music sing along music they jam down their fans throat.

I, for one, welcome the Stars' j-pop era.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://www.nhl.com/news/ottawa-may-trade-no-7-pick-in-2022-nhl-draft/c-334316764

This team is loving stupid.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

With Tom Wilson out until potentially next January, Backstrom probably missing a ton of time rehabbing his hip, and Eller’s game dropping off, the Capitals have the potential to be kind of bad next year. Their center depth is Kuznetsov and McMichael, their goaltenders will probably be upgraded but who know if that upgrade will be any good, and they don’t really have any impactful call ups that can really fill these voids.

If New Jersey gets a goalie I wouldn’t be surprised if Washington struggles to make the playoffs next year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Trade it for Erik Karlsson

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

I mean, I don’t really hate it, even though I’ll be sad they didn’t draft a Savoie or Kemell, it’s Ottawa and they would have went off the board and took a grinder with heart anyways.

On paper they could easily flip that 7 pick to get the coveted “Top-6 Forward or Top-4 D” that every single GM is looking for every summer. The team desperately needs a winger for Tim Stützle and as much as I like Connor Brown and Alex Formenton, they ain’t it. Unfortunately it’s Pierre Dorion who will be trading the pick, which is horrifying to think about given his track record of getting fleeced by the Bennings of the league

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

On paper they could easily flip that 7 pick to get the coveted “Top-6 Forward or Top-4 D” that every single GM is looking for every summer.

"Kerfoot" almost rhymes with "perfect".

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Oh that's easy an easy one - he got abused in his very short time up with the big team. 2 goals for 3 against at 5s and 5 against in all situations with no more goals for to show and very limited ice time. Also a victim of entirely too many LDs.

That said it doesn't explain Friedman over Riikola 'cause all situations Friedman gave up more than he got and that remains true at 5v5.

Unfortunately for the playoffs it was Letang/Matheson that were the only under 50% GF pairing at 5s. All situations it's Letang, Rudwedel, and Marino.

That said I thought the D was mostly fine. Zucker's woeful time with the Pens continued...Blueger was 25% GF...Carter 38%. Moving to 5v5 and jfc Carter to absolutely worked. 3 goals for 9 against.

Which speaking of old men getting contracts when they're well passed it. That one is bad.

Well I hope POJ playing in the AHL for another full year allowed him to develop his game to a better degree. He obviously has all the tools to be a great defenseman.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What are some comparable players who have been traded for a pick in that range?

Edit: Maybe the Canucks would listen for Connor Garland?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Krime posted:

Well I hope POJ playing in the AHL for another full year allowed him to develop his game to a better degree. He obviously has all the tools to be a great defenseman.

I agree. His fancy metrics were very very good in the very limited time he played. From what I recall without digging through highlights, for now, was PoJ was out muscled/very easily out positioned/beaten to spots that lead to immediate goals against. Otherwise I recall his play in transition and the offensive zone were great.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

fawning deference posted:

What are some comparable players who have been traded for a pick in that range?

Edit: Maybe the Canucks would listen for Connor Garland?

alvin would agree to this trade in a heartbeat. garland is almost certainly on the move somewhere this summer

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1529493282664980482?t=c2VNmh5ItS9PhaW-PLPYfA&s=19

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Literally a concept stolen from a lovely sequel movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did that in 2005.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Hockey_Enforcers

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Jhet posted:

Yeah. The 12-15m of dead cap for three years is going to suck. Except there’s some possibly decent entry level contracts that can hold it over.
I'm certain this played into their decision to hold Rossi down this year. They seem to be betting on Addison eventually forcing someone down to the bottom pair (or replacing Dumba, though I'd still be surprised if they move him), O'Rourke stepping up when this season's extensions end, and someone internally bumping Freddy off of the Boldy-Rossi line. If Wallstedt is the real deal, they could still be legitimate contenders---you're just relying on all of this season's progress being legitimate (Ek, Greenway, Hartman) and star-level performances from two kids who haven't done a thing yet. lovely odds but I still prefer it to the Parise-Suter era.

Speaking of...

Jhet posted:

I'm convinced Fiala will be gone and they’ll probably end up trying to trade Dumba this year or next.
The Wild moving Fiala is going to be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season with the Wild and don't think it's impossible (just unlikely) that he plays through and leaves for nothing, depending on what is offered this offseason.

Russo in the Athletic discussed some comps today

quote:

Last offseason provided arguably the closest comparables you’ll find for Fiala as three RFA wingers in their mid-20s were dealt (although Fiala’s arguably better than all of them). Conor Garland moved as part of Arizona and Vancouver’s blockbuster deal. The Canucks dealt the No. 9 pick as part of the trade, which presumably would have been for Garland’s services (Oliver Ekman-Larsson wouldn’t have had much trade value in that deal, considering his mammoth long-term contract). That might have been a slight overpay, though, as Garland probably wouldn’t fetch a top-10 pick if he were put back on the market today.

In contrast, one could argue that Pavel Buchnevich was traded for 80 cents on the dollar. Buchnevich scored 20 goals and 48 points in 54 games, in addition to being a quality two-way presence for the Rangers in 2020-21. New York couldn’t afford his next contract, though, and in the end, it received just a second-round pick and bottom-six winger Sammy Blais. That feels like a light return considering Buchnevich potted 30 goals and 76 points in 73 games for St. Louis this season.

Reinhart is probably the closest comparable to Fiala for what a realistic package looks like. Reinhart scored at a 38-goal pace on a dreadful Sabres team in 2020-21 and was a bona fide top-line-caliber talent like Fiala. Reinhart was in the same boat as an RFA one year away from UFA status.

Florida surrendered a 2022 first-round pick (top-10 protected) and prospect goaltender Devon Levi for Reinhart. Levi was a seventh-round pick in 2020, but he had an outstanding World Juniors performance later that year, posting three shutouts and a 0.67 goals-against average in seven games to guide Canada to a gold-medal win. Levi was only one year removed from being a seventh-round pick at the time of the trade, but he’s turned into a legitimate blue-chip prospect since joining the Sabres organization. Levi was the best netminder in college hockey last season and looks like he could be the Sabres’ goalie of the future.

Also, some destinations

quote:

Ottawa Senators: Senators GM Pierre Dorion is under lots of pressure to turn the Senators into a playoff team after five straight misses. Ottawa found a steady and productive top-line combination last season with Brady Tkachuk, Josh Norris and Drake Batherson — all three young guns posted career-high point totals. Behind them, however, the Senators could use a dynamic running mate for the uber-talented Tim Stützle.

The Sens have tons of potential trade assets, with five selections in the first three rounds of this year’s draft, including the No. 7 pick. That seventh overall selection could be an attractive chip for the Wild, and colleague Ian Mendes did a terrific job exploring Ottawa’s perspective on this type of Fiala deal. Mendes explained that the Sens can’t afford to give up the No.7 pick for just one year of Fiala — that they’d likely need an extension in place or at least a good sense that one would be possible before seriously considering pulling the trigger.

Ottawa would also have to consider how a Fiala extension would fit with their books, considering that Norris, Stützle and top prospect Jake Sanderson will all be coming off their entry-level contracts shortly (in Norris’ case, he’s already an RFA this summer).

Fiala would be a massive boost for the Senators, and they definitely have the assets to construct the right offer, but Ottawa would likely need clarity on Fiala’s contract situation beyond this season to calculate whether there’s a medium to long-term fit.

New Jersey Devils: Like Ottawa, the Devils are on the clock to accelerate their rebuild and make the playoffs after missing the postseason 10 of the past 11 years, including the last four consecutively. Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald has already said he’s open to moving his 2022 first-round pick for an impact player, although that was before they won the lottery and catapulted to No. 2.

New Jersey is projected to enter the offseason with around $25 million in cap space, with breakout player Jesper Bratt among its notable RFAs. Money, therefore, shouldn’t be a problem. Assets shouldn’t be either. Even in a scenario where the No. 2 pick is deemed off limits, New Jersey still owns its first-round pick for 2023, in what’s considered a deeper and more robust draft class, in addition to owning the No. 4 ranked prospect pool in the NHL, according to colleague Scott Wheeler.

Worth noting: Guerin and Fitzgerald are buddies, Devils director of pro scouting Jim Mill attends most Wild home games and Fiala is apparently pals with countryman Nico Hischier.

Philadelphia Flyers: Philadelphia has made it clear that it’s not going to blow things up and rebuild — that the club has determined to turn things around and push for the playoffs next season. In that case, top-of-the-lineup scoring talent needs to be its top priority. The Flyers ranked 30th in the NHL for goals per game this season, and their leading scorer was Travis Konecny, who only had 52 points. Oh, and they’ve also lost Claude Giroux.

The Flyers have the No. 5 pick, but it’s worth mentioning that no NHL GM has traded away a top-five pick in the past decade. In other words, luring that No. 5 selection away from former Wild GM Chuck Fletcher may not be easy for Guerin.

That said, Philadelphia still owns its first-round pick for 2023. The Flyers have a ton of work to do to be legitimate playoff contenders. This means Minnesota could acquire Philadelphia’s 2023 first-rounder and that could become a high draft pick anyway (in what should be a stronger draft class) if the Flyers have another poor season, which is a very real possibility. Columbus did this to Chicago in the Seth Jones trade last summer, and now the Blue Jackets own the Blackhawks’ No. 6 pick this year.

In other words, a package centered around Philadelphia’s 2023 first-round pick could be very attractive for the Wild if this year’s No. 5 pick is unavailable.

New York Islanders: Speaking of teams under pressure, the Islanders need to rebound after a wildly disappointing 2021-22 campaign. They ranked in the bottom third in the NHL for scoring and could desperately use an injection of dynamic skill.

Fiala could be the perfect piece to jumpstart Mathew Barzal, who had a pedestrian season by his standards, only scoring 59 points in 73 games, the lowest points-per-game rate of his career. Barzal struggled with the departure of Jordan Eberle and had a rotating cast of linemates with five different wingers playing for at least 200 five-on-five minutes.

New York owns the No. 13 pick in this year’s draft, as well as its 2023 first. The Islanders’ prospect pool doesn’t have much in the way of high-end talent besides Aatu Raty, but could Oliver Wahlstrom be an intriguing secondary piece for the Wild? Wahlstrom is a right winger with a rocket of a shot who was selected at No. 11 in 2018. He’s locked up for another year at his bargain ELC rate, and while he struggled last season, he had 12 goals and 21 points in 44 games in the shortened 2020-21 campaign, which is pretty solid considering he was a 20-year-old rookie at the time.

Los Angeles Kings: L.A. is a structured team that controls play well. What the Kings lack is dynamic game-breakers, as evidenced by their NHL-worst shooting percentage in the regular season. Besides Adrian Kempe, the Kings are still looking for their next offensive star. Fiala would be a sure thing, a guaranteed top-line contributor for years to come. L.A. is projected to have oodles of cap space this summer and is asset rich with one of the NHL’s deepest prospect pools, meaning it checks the boxes to make a trade happen logistically.

Anaheim Ducks: Anaheim is down a couple of top-six forwards following Ryan Getzlaf’s retirement and Rickard Rakell’s trade. Trevor Zegras and Troy Terry are budding stars, but the Ducks don’t have much else in the way of elite forward talent.

How eager is Anaheim to take the next step after a surprisingly strong first half? The answer will probably determine how serious they’d be about pursuing a piece like Fiala. If the Ducks want to accelerate the way the Kings did last offseason when they signed Phillip Danault and traded for Viktor Arvidsson, then Fiala makes sense. Anaheim has endless cap space and an abundance of draft capital to wield — the Ducks have two first-round picks and two second-round picks this year as well as their first, three second-round picks and two third-rounders in 2023.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

I'm certain this played into their decision to hold Rossi down this year. They seem to be betting on Addison eventually forcing someone down to the bottom pair (or replacing Dumba, though I'd still be surprised if they move him), O'Rourke stepping up when this season's extensions end, and someone internally bumping Freddy off of the Boldy-Rossi line. If Wallstedt is the real deal, they could still be legitimate contenders---you're just relying on all of this season's progress being legitimate (Ek, Greenway, Hartman) and star-level performances from two kids who haven't done a thing yet. lovely odds but I still prefer it to the Parise-Suter era.

Speaking of...

The Wild moving Fiala is going to be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season with the Wild and don't think it's impossible (just unlikely) that he plays through and leaves for nothing, depending on what is offered this offseason.

Russo in the Athletic discussed some comps today

Also, some destinations

I didn’t see Russo’s article on it yet, but it’s all a reasonable bunch of directions for Fiala. I’d expect Ek to continue to perform. He’s been trending up to this year, but I wouldn’t expect a lot more than what he did. Greenway could use a few more goals, but he creates a lot of turnovers and I wish I knew the fancy stats better to see how this was stated. That line was so very good defensively through the season. I’d only expect Hartman to do maybe as well as this year as long as he’s still playing on that top line. I too prefer it to Parise-Suter.

The big question is going to be if the next guys up can take that step. There’s not going to be anything big in free agency, and unless they can get something useful on a smaller contract for Fiala, that line is a big question mark for me. Getting that secondary scoring is where the struggle is going to be, and fixing the special teams is going to be a struggle.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ineffectivemath/status/1529793683855446017?s=21&t=fZA1eLJNqXKTv9Rud95UJQ

Ottawa is revolutionizing the game

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Does anyone know where I can find precise measurements for NHL rinks under prior rules? A rulebook would do as well -- the diagrams in there are perfect, but I couldn't find any old ones either.

I'm becoming obsessed with adding accurate historical stuff to Scoreboard Watching. I was able to figure out the pre-2005 rink, without the trapezoid, but I'd be interested in making the crease changes accurate. Also, apparently there just wasn't a centre red line at all until 1943? Hard to imagine that.

I love how #7 and #72 apparently bolted to the locker room as the rest of the bench was swarming the ice.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

FunOne posted:

I struggle to articulate how confused and delighted this makes me. It is baffling and I love it for that.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/QuadreIli/status/1529848556760158209?t=v9Fhpb0LzKh78QfEUpeyoQ&s=19

Sounds like Brock Boeser's dad's time on earth has come to an end. This has been such a tough saga for Boeser, he broke down crying during the year end presser because of his dad's health. I hope he has an amazing year next year to honour his dad. He deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fisting by many posted:

I love how #7 and #72 apparently bolted to the locker room as the rest of the bench was swarming the ice.

lmao that was Tkachuk and Chabot, the guys who assisted on the OT goal.