Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Farking Bastage posted:

Our "warrior" cops with full-on military gear spent a large amount of time pissing their panties outside while that fucker was mowing down children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKjSLAUFWSo

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-school-shooting-politics-texas-shootings-56a4d01fb1cda19947db89fcb6bd85fd

Cops are all tacti-cool when they hide in their unmarked cars and do road piracy. When it matters most, they are loving cowards.

Cops are loving cowards. And if one reads this and doesn't like it, go beat your loving wife over it.

So they cosplay as cops and warriors, but when the actual SHTF they poo poo themselves and are no more effective than your typical LARPer.

But hey, lets arm more people! That will fix it!

Lets ignore the fact that the armed guard already in the school did nothing either.

Cimber fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
^^^ and supposedly now they kept parents away while it was happening in addition to pissing their soldier of fortune underwear.

https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1529652093354536961

edit: spoilered it since it is pretty triggering.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 26, 2022

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Hey, the constant "pissing in their panties" comments are pretty misogynistic.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Farking Bastage posted:

^^^ and supposedly now they kept parents away while it was happening in addition to pissing their soldier of fortune panties.

On top of that in that thread it says that when cops actually did something they broke protocols and added to the casualty count.

Just the worst.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Solkanar512 posted:

I fixed it. While it was not intended to be misogynistic, it was more emasculating pigs really, but I get your point and will adjust course.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 26, 2022

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Farking Bastage posted:

^^^ and supposedly now they kept parents away while it was happening in addition to pissing their soldier of fortune underwear.

I can't watch that video. It loads, but I can't bring myself to view it. Too loving heartbreaking and enraging.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Farking Bastage posted:

Our "warrior" cops with full-on military gear spent a large amount of time pissing their panties outside while that fucker was mowing down children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKjSLAUFWSo

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-school-shooting-politics-texas-shootings-56a4d01fb1cda19947db89fcb6bd85fd

Cops are all tacti-cool when they hide in their unmarked cars and do road piracy. When it matters most, they are loving cowards.

Cops are loving cowards. And if one reads this and doesn't like it, go beat your loving wife over it.

Beau had a good take for once? I don't understand how cops standing around waiting for shooters to run out of ammo isn't a criminal offense.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Bishyaler posted:

Beau had a good take for once? I don't understand how cops standing around waiting for shooters to run out of ammo isn't a criminal offense.

Hey man, its easy for cops to harass motorists of certain skin shades, but do you actually expect them to trade fire with someone with a gun? They might get hurt! Don't you support the blue line???

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cimber posted:

I can't watch that video. It loads, but I can't bring myself to view it. Too loving heartbreaking and enraging.

I saw the video of the paramedic who arrived on the scene only to find out from a girl he was treating that his daughter had been shot and I genuinely have no idea how you recover from that.

I don't know how a policeman keeps the mental fiction they are a 'good guy' after they let 19 children get murdered because you were an inept coward.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

DarkCrawler posted:

Waited for someone to open a door for them Jesus loving Christ. Someone should have told them the shooter was a black guy smoking a joint and they would have busted that door open

What does "playing a part" entail here?

Oh man, let me give you three off the top of my head. Hopefully I dont eat a probe for telling the truth this time.

- crying in front of an empty parking lot behind a fence for a photo op
- attending a $35,000 event in a fancy who knows how much “tax the rich” dress
- co-signing who knows how many Palestinians to their deaths with the iron dome defense system while weakly voting “present” and crying for her self image over it

No, I don’t accept emptyquoted snopes articles as proof that I’m mistaken. Do better.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ellasmith fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 26, 2022

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Defund the police and fund border patrol agents who hang out near elementary schools on their off-time?

The border patrol agent also had a kid in the school.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Oracle posted:

The border patrol agent also had a kid in the school.

Is this the one that found out his daughter was shot from the kid he was evacuating said her best friend was shot and said his daughter's name? That one broke me, and then this destroyed the broken pieces

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1529828388176859138

I get really upset last night at my conservative father on the phone last night. If anyone repeats another talking point at me I am going to punch them in the loving mouth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Defund the police and fund parents.

A provably better tactic than our current 'the exact opposite'

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
How is this shooting an immigration or border issue when the killer was a natural born US citizen and, as far as I know, so were the victims. Not that the second point there should have any meaning one way or the other.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

If anyone repeats another talking point at me I am going to punch them in the loving mouth.

"Nobody wants to work anymore!"

*ducks*

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Is this the one that found out his daughter was shot from the kid he was evacuating said her best friend was shot and said his daughter's name? That one broke me, and then this destroyed the broken pieces
I dunno but its a pretty complicated situation wrt CBP.

quote:

A CBP official told Texas Monthly that as emergency calls first came in, four agents with CBP’s Bortac SWAT team were investigating stash houses on the border to the west of Uvalde. The agents immediately responded, arriving at the school just before noon. Bortac (Border Patrol Tactical Unit) is CBP’s’s paramilitary force, an elite group of agents trained to exchange gunfire with cartels. Border Patrol agents not in the SWAT unit also rushed to the school, for more personal reasons: their own children were in the building.

The agents’ presence at the school was easily explicable: they are everywhere in Uvalde. CBP’s white and green SUVs are familiar sights around the town, which is fewer than eighty miles from northern Mexico, and thus well within the hundred-mile “border zone” where CBP operates. Like many Texas towns in this zone, Uvalde hosts a permanent CBP checkpoint, where agents stop and inspect vehicles going north along the highway. In a town of about 15,000, CBP is a major employer, offering about 150 unionized jobs with solid salaries and government benefits. Many residents have at least one family member or friend who works for the agency.

In all, as many as eighty CBP agents, including some who were off duty, rushed to the school during and after the shooting. According to the CBP official, three Bortac agents engaged the shooter in gunfire — with one holding a shield — after entering Robb Elementary along with local and state law-enforcement officers. One Bortac agent was wounded, but not critically. The CBP official told Texas Monthly that it’s “unclear which bullet from which gun” struck the shooter and killed him.

Customs and Border Protection has drawn criticism in the past for its role in non-immigration-related activities. In 2020, Bortac was mobilized during protests in Portland, Oregon, in reaction to the murder of George Floyd. Agents dressed in black “disappeared” protesters into vans without identifying themselves as police, and dispensed tear gas and projectiles that may have injured at least one person. The incident brought new scrutiny to Bortac’s origins as a riot-control force in immigrant detention centers—and to its transformation into a full-fledged paramilitary organization that had been mobilized in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Those who saw Border Patrol agents at Robb Elementary School had reasons to be skeptical. But the reality is that across the Texas border region, Customs and Border Protection is a fact of life. In small towns, when someone calls 911 to report a medical emergency or an active crime, Border Patrol agents often arrive sooner than overwhelmed local first responders. (The agency is one of the largest federal law enforcement agencies in the world; it employs almost twice as many people as the FBI.) Because CPB draws employees from local populations along the border, the agents are also more than 50 percent Hispanic. It’s hard to overstate the ubiquity of the agents in southern Texas. In a place like Uvalde, they’re not just in town; in some respects, they are the town.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I get really upset last night at my conservative father on the phone last night. If anyone repeats another talking point at me I am going to punch them in the loving mouth.

Speaking of conservative talking points, I was thinking about this last night, and specifically regarding the "mental health" aspect: is there a diagnosable mental illness that boils down to: "you're just completely fuckin' nuts!"

Substance abuse disorders, I understand those. Depression? Yeah, that makes sense to me. Anxiety? Sure, that's normal, I understand how that works. The guy in Canada who ate a stranger's head because he thought he was the devil due to a complete break with reality owing to schizophrenia? Yeah, I understand that too, even if it's pretty scary to think about.

I don't understand what "mental illness" makes you buy two guns on your 18th birthday, shoot your grandma, and then massacre a classroom full of innocent little kids. I don't want to seem insensitive or ableist but it just seems like that's more than just mental illness.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Overwhelmed first responders"

The city gives 40% of its budget to these 'overwhelmed first responders'. What a cop out.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

CommieGIR posted:

"Overwhelmed first responders"
What a cop out.

This phrase has so much more impact after this. gently caress.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How the gently caress are you so stupid you tell the kids to yell out for help while the shooter is still alive. gently caress me all that whining about "defund the police" is all the more blood boiling now.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

How is this shooting an immigration or border issue when the killer was a natural born US citizen and, as far as I know, so were the victims. Not that the second point there should have any meaning one way or the other.

"Nobody wants to work anymore!"

*ducks*
A good portion of the town is made up of CBP agents (around 150) and the town itself is within 80 miles of the border to Mexico and there's a checkpoint on the local highway.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Willa Rogers posted:

She wasn't even the only Dem to do the performative thumbs-down against a living wage.

Thumbs up or down is extremely common in the senate, but its usually quick and no big deal. What made sinema's performance weird was her.... half curtsy, dramatic showey thing, whatever the hell that was.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rigel posted:

Thumbs up or down is extremely common in the senate, but its usually quick and no big deal. What made sinema's performance weird was her.... half curtsy, dramatic showey thing, whatever the hell that was.

Unless they desired to be performative showboats they could have pressed the buttons at their desks instead of marching up in lockstep as the rear end in a top hat Twins in front of the cameras.

I'm sure their donors weren't worried as to how they'd vote.

eta: I can't imagine why in the world you're trying to parse a difference between Sinema & the others who voted against a living wage. Whether she curtsied or not is the least of the problem.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oracle posted:

A good portion of the town is made up of CBP agents (around 150) and the town itself is within 80 miles of the border to Mexico and there's a checkpoint on the local highway.

OK. And?

I haven't read anything that directly ties the motivation nor the means to immigration policy. If it was near a huge military base, would that make it a national defense issue? If the town was in Silicon Valley, does the crime have anything to do with Google?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

Unless they desired to be performative showboats they could have pressed the buttons at their desks instead of marching up in lockstep as the rear end in a top hat Twins in front of the cameras.

eta: I can't imagine why in the world you're trying to parse a difference between Sinema & the others who voted against a living wage. Whether she curtsied or not is the least of the problem.

I thought the senate didn't have buttons

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Man you're the loving senator from CT you did this already what do you expect negotiating with Republicans is going to get you. What a waste of time.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1529838463905832961?s=20&t=1f8HqWpm5TFGLas5pXRCAA

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Scipiotik posted:

One of the most anti illegal immigrant people I know is a latina whose family came a long time ago legally and she has no understanding that the processes by which her family immigrated are no longer possible.

you just described a very large portion of Texas voters

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1529828388176859138

loving gently caress. Time for another break from this thread.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1529861503158976512?s=20

This isn’t working. I hope the next steps Murphy mentioned happen soon. Murphy is just wasting time looking for GOP help, they don’t appear to give a gently caress and the right-wing swirling this event to defend their appalling gun status don’t lend credence that they approach this issue in good faith.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 26, 2022

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Man you're the loving senator from CT you did this already what do you expect negotiating with Republicans is going to get you. What a waste of time.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1529838463905832961?s=20&t=1f8HqWpm5TFGLas5pXRCAA

lmao.

lol.

"We'll get them on RECORD!". What a loving joke. This is really all the Dems have in their playbook? Getting ghouls "on record" when we already know exactly what they're for?

Do something of value. Put your actual selves are risk, bodily or livelihood wise, to even attempt something that'll matter. Barricade your colleagues offices. Sit on their cars, make every moment of their presence near you living hell till either we give up the kayfabe and start having the cops execute anyone left of Regan, or they capitulate.

Crain fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 26, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Solkanar512 posted:

DND mods have now officially sanctioned and endorsed the use of "pissing in their pantaloons" as a gender neutral description of the behavior of Hero Cops.

by DND mods I mean me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crain posted:

lmao.

lol.

"We'll get them on RECORD!". What a loving joke.

People are literally constantly criticizing Democrats for not holding doomed to lose votes so people have to be on record. It is considered a failure when they don't do that.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

OK. And?

I haven't read anything that directly ties the motivation nor the means to immigration policy. If it was near a huge military base, would that make it a national defense issue? If the town was in Silicon Valley, does the crime have anything to do with Google?

Where did you get this had anything to do with immigration policy in the first place? Did you read a drat thing in the article I posted? They went to the school because they're often called in for backup, answer 911 calls for the town, etc.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

People are literally constantly criticizing Democrats for not holding doomed to lose votes so people have to be on record. It is considered a failure when they don't do that.

Just make your own package and vote the Republicans are talking about dumb bullshit like having one door it's a waste of time talking to them. Certainly don't treat them as negotiating partners the Democrats should all be saying they have blood on their hands.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Professor Beetus posted:

DND mods have now officially sanctioned and endorsed the use of "pissing in their pantaloons" as a gender neutral description of the behavior of Hero Cops.

by DND mods I mean me

I like "bottomed out their boxers".

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah and those people are holding on to the fairytale land of Sorkin. None of that poo poo matters. Unless you're pulling some "carthago delenda est" poo poo and spamming the vote day in and day out till the give in.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Willa Rogers posted:

The senate does not have electronic voting, you have to tell the clerk your vote. They often use their thumb along with saying it to eliminate doubt.

As for sinema's performance, I personally didn't focus on it, but you were wondering why sinema was singled out when senators do thumbs all the time. Well, thats why, she did a weird dramatic thumbs down in a vote the left really cared about, just sticking it to them that much more.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Just make your own package and vote the Republicans are talking about dumb bullshit like having one door it's a waste of time talking to them. Certainly don't treat them as negotiating partners the Democrats should all be saying they have blood on their hands.

If you are making a performative vote then 'we tried to be bipartisan but they refused and are now voting against it' is more effective.

I dont personally believe performative votes matter at all and find the demand for them a waste of time but if you are goimg to do a thing you might as well do it right.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

I cannot imagine as a private, unarmed citizen standing outside that school listening to gunfire that means the murder of children and not going in. Even if it meant certain death. If all I had was a rock I would pick it up and go in. I would not be able to live with myself if I did nothing.

For trained, armed and armored cops... I cannot understand how they could resist the impulse to stop what they knew was a slaughter of innocents.

You would not, and this is super cringy right wing adjacent hero fantasizing.

Facing down gunfire is a demanding psychological exercise, and extremely demanding. You can see body can videos of cops in firefights that yell and cry, because get this; it’s a human response to overwhelming fear. Only big city SWAT members would have any routine in facing down shooters, and those cops who were ex military and combat arms and deployed to war (a very small percent).

ACAB to the bone doesn’t change the fact that we should not post some weird hero.txt screeds and doesn’t change the fact that IF IT IS TRUE that the two cops were injured and exhanged fire, that we can’t hold two loving cops responsible for getting injured in a gunfight and failing to press on.

Expecting cops to be superhumans actually just plays into the Thin Blue Line narrative. They’re humans and government workers. Not some superheroes in a warzone with any special qualities. Anything more than that is just cop worship one way or another.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Farking Bastage posted:

edit: spoilered it since it is pretty triggering.

Yes it is actually the job of cops to prevent bystanders rushing into mass shooter situations.

Having panicked parents running in would make the nightmare even worse.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 26, 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Yes it is actually the job of cops to prevent bystanders rushing into mass shooter situations.

Most definitely. The rest of their colleagues however, did nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Bishyaler posted:

Friendly reminder that US police actually have no duty to protect, and would've been legally within their rights to eat ice cream and put on suntan lotion while the shooting was in progress.