Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Waffleman_ posted:

What's with the plague of locusts ain't this a di-no-sawr movie?

dinosaurs being real hosed the ecosystem and everything is going coo-coo-bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

What's with the plague of locusts ain't this a di-no-sawr movie?

Crichton also wrote a book about killer nanomachines. Why not both?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

This movie could be will be wild.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 20, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pumped up for school posted:

Crichton also wrote a book about killer nanomachines. Why not both?

kiimo posted:

I thought we were done talking about Prey

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Looten Plunder posted:

This movie could be will be wild.

I feel like George Miller might be the most diverse director out there. How do you make movies like Lorenzo’s Oil and Fury Road (any of his other MM films) and have them still be insanely good movies?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He hasn't directed very many movies though given his notoriety and how long he's been working. Four Mad Maxes, a segment from The Twilight Zone, Witches of Eastwick, Lorenzo's Oil, a short documentary about Australian storytelling and film, Babe 2, and two Happy Feet movies. That's it. The extremes are pretty far apart but there's only a couple of modes in there.

I remember a review from Fury Road saying something like George Miller has finally entered his self-indulgent period and we're all so lucky to be able to live through it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Still so mad Warner hosed him over on Fury Road

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Sorry. I read that (didn't click the link) processed it as something WAAAY different.

The book wasn't good. I think this was one he started dipping into the climate change denial phase of his late writings.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pumped up for school posted:

Sorry. I read that (didn't click the link) processed it as something WAAAY different.

The book wasn't good. I think this was one he started dipping into the climate change denial phase of his late writings.

I always think about the time I wasted reading Prey and Timeline

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Baron von Eevl posted:

He hasn't directed very many movies though given his notoriety and how long he's been working. Four Mad Maxes, a segment from The Twilight Zone, Witches of Eastwick, Lorenzo's Oil, a short documentary about Australian storytelling and film, Babe 2, and two Happy Feet movies. That's it.

dude watched Jon Landis do a Mortal Kombat fatality on two kids, that'll put anyone off for awhile

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't think he was on set for that, he had nothing to do with that segment of the film. It also came out in the middle of the most productive period of his career so that theory doesn't track and it's just kind of a hosed up thing to bring up . Miller's output probably slowed down because he got old and Fury Road took over a decade to get made.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Mantis42 posted:

I don't think he was on set for that, he had nothing to do with that segment of the film. It also came out in the middle of the most productive period of his career so that theory doesn't track and it's just kind of a hosed up thing to bring up

captain serious over here

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Your joke wasn't funny though, so I understand their confusion.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1527833395451277314?s=20&t=KQITgiLxg5iwXuZX2rqn3A

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mantis42 posted:

I don't think he was on set for that, he had nothing to do with that segment of the film. It also came out in the middle of the most productive period of his career so that theory doesn't track and it's just kind of a hosed up thing to bring up . Miller's output probably slowed down because he got old and Fury Road took over a decade to get made.

He just seems to be the kinda guy who likes to take a few years to make a movie. He's also been a bit unlucky with finishing projects as well like Contact and his Justice League movie

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

captain serious over here

whats your point with this

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I really want to see this movie, but at the same time I don't think I can handle full Cronenburg.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

1stGear posted:

I really want to see this movie, but at the same time I don't think I can handle full Cronenburg.

I just watched Titane and feel like it didn't have enough body horror.

I need more!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

1stGear posted:

I can’t handle these glasses

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's odd to see photos of him being weird in real life after I've gotten used to seeing him in Discovery.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's been three years since Promare's Japanese release

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
What a great movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MikeJF posted:

It's odd to see photos of him being weird in real life after I've gotten used to seeing him in Discovery.

Cronenberg’s in a Star Trek show?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He plays the Federation's mysterious Chief Scientific Advisor Of hosed Up Wierd Space Stuff in the 32nd century. Honestly the best bit of the show, he has light years more gravitas than anyone else.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 26, 2022

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

MikeJF posted:

He plays the Federation's mysterious Chief Scientific Advisor Of hosed Up Wierd Space Stuff in the 32nd century. Honestly the best bit of the show, he has light years more gravitas than anyone else.

Oh for real? Its too bad the first 2 seasons of Discovery were amazing, and the last 2 seasons were garbage trash heaps.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

zenintrude posted:

I can’t handle these glasses

Looks like he's wearing some prescription safety glasses for cutting metal with a torch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

To me it looks like he’s going for an elderly Eel O’Brian look.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/IndianaJones/status/1529904580468674560?s=20&t=ZJUOUUWXJ11Caj1_QwwqhQ

You made the promo image for the fifth movie in your series evoke the shape of a 4.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

oh gently caress yes

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/IndianaJones/status/1529904580468674560?s=20&t=ZJUOUUWXJ11Caj1_QwwqhQ

You made the promo image for the fifth movie in your series evoke the shape of a 4.

They could easily have done a silhouette of a 5 with him in a wheelchair.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lobok posted:

They could easily have done a silhouette of a 5 with him in a wheelchair.

add his floating face, and baby you got first class a poster

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm holding out hope, James Mangold has a solid resume. But, I read one early spoiler that concerns me that involves time travel. Let's end this franchise on a positive note, instead what we got with Crystal Skull.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Fifth movie? What are you on about? There is no fourth film.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

But, I read one early spoiler that concerns me that involves time travel.

Please, no. Unless it's used well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Please, no. Unless it's used well.

Indiana Jones + BTTF crossover movie. Do it, coward Spielberg.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

add his floating face, and baby you got first class a poster

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol thank you

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Lmao gently caress, the floating silhouette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I now want to see an animated version of this so it bounces around the poster like the old DVD player screensaver you'd stare at forever waiting for it to hit the corner perfectly.