Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

https://twitter.com/QuadreIli/status/1529848556760158209?t=v9Fhpb0LzKh78QfEUpeyoQ&s=19

Sounds like Brock Boeser's dad's time on earth has come to an end. This has been such a tough saga for Boeser, he broke down crying during the year end presser because of his dad's health. I hope he has an amazing year next year to honour his dad. He deserves it.

Yeah, it was nice that Duke got to make it to the rink when the Canucks were in town. I can’t really imagine the feeling. Just glad his season is done and he can spend some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/1529893276773326848

loving gross, just terrible and awful

e: If I'm reading right Makar, Thomas and Kyrou were all on this team.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
should probably kick Colorado and St Louis out of the playoffs. Edmonton too just in case

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The allegations say they were all CHL players. Makar was in the NCAA.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mennoknight posted:

should probably kick Colorado and St Louis out of the playoffs. Edmonton too just in case

Dillon Dube was also on that Canada team, just make the ECF winner the cup winner

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
it says that the 8 players who committed the assault "included, but are not necessarily limited to, members of the 2018 junior team".. I guess the assaults happened at some sort of golf event that Hockey Canada puts on.. I wonder if somebody could get a list of attendees / participants at that event.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Starsfan posted:

it says that the 8 players who committed the assault "included, but are not necessarily limited to, members of the 2018 junior team".. I guess the assaults happened at some sort of golf event that Hockey Canada puts on.. I wonder if somebody could get a list of attendees / participants at that event.

Co-chaired by Corey Perry.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4282425/hockey-canada-gala-raises-over-1m-for-minor-hockey-in-london/amp/

https://www.quanthockey.com/wjc-u20/en/teams/team-canada-players-2018-wjc-u20-stats.html

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The allegations say they were all CHL players. Makar was in the NCAA.
Colton Point and Dante Fabro were also NCAA and Carter Hart and Victor Mete were NHL

Starsfan posted:

There's Cal Foote's picture at the event but even then, the event was to celebrate the 2018 junior team so there would have also been friends of the junior team and friends of friends, etc. and Cal Foote's picture of the participants is just the team.

fermun fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 27, 2022

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Flames may have eventually deserved to be here, but not after game 5. Good lord what an awful no-goal call.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
WELCOME, FLAMES

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
jacob markstrom went full mike vernon. never go full mike vernon

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

jacob markstrom went full mike vernon. never go full mike vernon

Yeah he does that. For two weeks a year he'll turn into the worst goaltender on earth. Bad timing for it this season.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Pungry posted:

Flames may have eventually deserved to be here, but not after game 5. Good lord what an awful no-goal call.

It's a proud tradition for the Flames.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sup flames

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/taj1944/status/1530254115401437184?s=21

trader jim

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
my head doesn't want the Flyers to get Gaudreau and for them to sign Torts. and my heart doesn't want it, especially for Torts.

however:(darren rovell voice) I feel bad for the rest of the Metro. but this would be tremendous content. a Metro next year of:

Canes with most players retained
Rangers with another year and whatever silly trades we're going to make
Devils with even the barest modicum of goaltending
Islanders looking to bounce back and make one more run without a Covid/new arena hosed up season
Pittsburgh looking at one more run, potentially with some new core pieces
Blue Jackets with all of their young grinders being really annoying against everyone
Capitals trying to do enough to make it to the playoffs again, one year older
Flyers with a new 115 point winger + a really good coach

I honestly think any team could make it and any team could miss it. It really will depend on health, honestly goalie health, as much as anything else.

e: this almost feels like it's becoming more like the NFL, where you have a quicker path up and a quicker path down, and teams might miss the playoffs one year and be serious contenders the next just based on circumstance. the cycles in the NHL tend to be longer, but I legit think it's wide open next year in a couple of divisions.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 27, 2022

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Metro remains the best/worst division

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That said I think Pittsburgh and Washington will age out to be replaced by the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils. There's still a lot of work to do in Columbus, the Flyers remain well the Flyers, and a Trotz'less Islanders team with that mess of a roster and Lou Lam continuing to sign 2010 all stars can only end poorly.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/1530238195966914566

Obviously this is gonna be awesome. I dunno how the rest of RWAS feels but it's so odd to look back on this rivalry, because it's got a claim to being one of the biggest in the history of the sport while also lasting less than a decade and being nonexistent today. It wasn't Red Wings vs. Avalanche as much as it was Red Wings vs. Claude Lemieux and Patrick Roy.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1530313790239100928?s=21&t=uRs3xr7u6nEI4q7hvCXyYg

If Bergeron doesn’t return Boston could be in some trouble next year.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

tinstaach posted:

Obviously this is gonna be awesome. I dunno how the rest of RWAS feels but it's so odd to look back on this rivalry, because it's got a claim to being one of the biggest in the history of the sport while also lasting less than a decade and being nonexistent today. It wasn't Red Wings vs. Avalanche as much as it was Red Wings vs. Claude Lemieux and Patrick Roy.

im a grown rear end adult and i still felt tears well up when i saw vladdy at the end goddamn

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Sounds like Brock Boeser's dad's time on earth has come to an end. This has been such a tough saga for Boeser, he broke down crying during the year end presser because of his dad's health. I hope he has an amazing year next year to honour his dad. He deserves it.

My Minnesota twitters are saying that Duke passed today. It’s just that kind of year I guess.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

tinstaach posted:

I'm working on something cool for this, with ESPN's permission.

Greatest feud ever.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1530313790239100928?s=21&t=uRs3xr7u6nEI4q7hvCXyYg

If Bergeron doesn’t return Boston could be in some trouble next year.

Now that's a real shame.

No, wait, gently caress, if they're bad enough to get a top 2 pick... ugghhh.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That said I think Pittsburgh and Washington will age out to be replaced by the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils. There's still a lot of work to do in Columbus, the Flyers remain well the Flyers, and a Trotz'less Islanders team with that mess of a roster and Lou Lam continuing to sign 2010 all stars can only end poorly.

I think in general, yes, but I dunno if it happens next year. I think each team has a good/bad scenario very easily:

Canes: tired of Rod's intense style, can't score enough, Andersen returns to normal
Rangers: Shesty's yearly injury last longer, he doesn't put up a generational season, they don't fix 5v5 issues
Pens: they re-sign the core but still have lots of injuries, can't really overcome weak defense
Isles: they keep showing their age more, can't score enough
Devils: still no goaltending, Hughes gets hurt again, trying to play too many young guys
Flyers: don't get a good coach, Hart doesn't save them, still injury prone
Blue Jackets: don't overplay their talent, Laine has a down year
Capitals: Backstrom is out for a while, Wilson is out for a while, they're too slow + old, Ovechkin doesn't carry

...but I could also see any of those teams just coming together and making the playoffs. I think the Pens + Canes, on paper, have a range of 1-5 in the division, but I doubt either of them fall to 6. Rangers probably can be 1-7. Isles 2-8, Caps 2-6, Devils 3-8, Flyers 3-8, Blue Jackets 3-8. Basically every team has a range of scenarios of "in the playoffs not too controversially" to "potentially with a good chance at the lottery" except the Canes + Pens imo.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Pens collapse scenario is really simple, they let Letang walk, trade Pettersson away, sign Chariot, trade for some slow vet on a bad contract, Crosby suffers a season/career ending hotbrain early, they're the worst team in the league, they get Connor Bedard.

It's scary how simple it actually is for this to happen without them even trying to tank.

The Devils aren't going anywhere under Ruff though and the Jackets don't look likely to be any better next year. Likeliest top four in the Metro is the same as it was this year, in more or less the same order.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
it's time to trade parayko. he's been terrible since he got COVID 2 years ago but GMs probably still think he's a beast

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/wingingitmotown/status/1529652329749925888

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

You bastard.

Also , what a wet fart of an end, but the Blues really should not have won game 5, so I guess I’ll take the trade off.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tinstaach posted:

https://smile.amazon.com/Blood-Feud-Colorado-Avalanche-Nastiest-ebook/dp/B00AE1M2U6/ I'm going to re-read this before the E60 comes out.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

I'm working on something cool for this, with ESPN's permission.

Greatest feud ever.

Interviewing friends of the family?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/RyanHanaWWP/status/1530380394176163841?s=20&t=38gIWahLGo-If85SZwfKDQ
Helm's still got it :gbsmith:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

tinstaach posted:

You can call it nonexistent in the sense that Detroit and Colorado are currently on different planets talent-wise. But it's one of the few, if not the only, non-geographic rivalry where I see fans of one team maintain fervent hatred for the other.

Like, Vancouver-Chicago was an intense and bitter rivalry, but now I just feel disgust and sadness towards Chicago, not really hatred. I can't hate the modern-day Rangers despite everything the 90s Rangers did to us; I do still hate Boston but I don't think they care about Vancouver anymore. It takes something special to keep the hate alive for so long.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

we love to see it (a front office being rational)

well, I dunno about Horvat being a foundational player or whatever, but old Jim would have offered JT 10x8 and traded every remaining pick to clear the necessary space.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

fisting by many posted:

You can call it nonexistent in the sense that Detroit and Colorado are currently on different planets talent-wise. But it's one of the few, if not the only, non-geographic rivalry where I see fans of one team maintain fervent hatred for the other.

Like, Vancouver-Chicago was an intense and bitter rivalry, but now I just feel disgust and sadness towards Chicago, not really hatred. I can't hate the modern-day Rangers despite everything the 90s Rangers did to us; I do still hate Boston but I don't think they care about Vancouver anymore. It takes something special to keep the hate alive for so long.

I can assure you all the New York area teams still hate each other (and the Devils still hate the Rangers and vice versa). Pittsburgh/Philly has cooled somewhat because the Flyers suck but it will always be there and the minute Philly gets a little better it will reignite.

And the Montreal/Toronto/Boston trifecta is alive and well

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I'm still mad

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

I'm still mad

I think you've learned a valuable lesson about not putting your faith in anything or anyone that was ever associated with the Vancouver Canucks organization.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
You're not mad, you're used to the disappointment... It wouldn't feel quite right any other way.

To be honest I was getting a little worried about straying too far from mediocrity.... this just feels right.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Spezza retired and joined the Leafs front office. Finished 5 points short of 1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Spezza retired and joined the Leafs front office. Finished 5 points short of 1000

No doubt in my mind he would have scored those 5 pts against Ottawa in the season opener if Babcock didn’t bench him

https://youtu.be/PMxJzdVYtXY