Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

ex post facho posted:

Republicans are also going to immediately abolish the legislative filibuster once they retake the senate as well

a brilliant tactic when the opposition party controls the presidency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

dont worry if you want the filibuster restored you can vote democrat. if they ever get a majority again they need it so they have an excuse to be feckless

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Subvisual Haze posted:

a brilliant tactic when the opposition party controls the presidency

Honestly the republicans don't need to abolish poo poo, because the Dems will compromise on anything

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
For real, sketch me a single scenario where the GOP abolishing the filibuster while Biden is president is beneficial. If only we in the GOP could expedite legislation to Joe Biden's desk to sign, instead of just continuing to throw sand in the gears and obstruct all governance until 2024.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Subvisual Haze posted:

For real, sketch me a single scenario where the GOP abolishing the filibuster while Biden is president is beneficial. If only we in the GOP could expedite legislation to Joe Biden's desk to sign, instead of just continuing to throw sand in the gears and obstruct all governance until 2024.

Joe Biden will sign every piece of GOP legislation that comes across his desk in the spirit of compromise because he is deeply conservative

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Subvisual Haze posted:

well imagine a scenario where they want to actually pass something in response to a sudden crisis, and it isn't something the dems would automatically agree with anyway (like giving unlimited funds to military contractors or w/e)?

(lol lmao)

they still wouldn't need to eliminate the filibuster b/c all they'd need to do is indicate they're willing to give up the legislative equivalent of used chewing gum and Joe Biden and Democratic party leadership will be falling over themselves to sign on to a "bipartisan" initiative

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol KS, my succ dem rep just got gerrymandered out of a job. They split KC and Lawrence between 2 districts lmao

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

That's the first time I've seen a succdem post and thought "oh, they're openly fascist now"

I should remember this moment.

it makes me want to put on a b.u.m. equipment sweatshirt because it's 1992

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol KS, my succ dem rep just got gerrymandered out of a job. They split KC and Lawrence between 2 districts lmao

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/studentactivism...ingawful.com%2F

https://mobile.twitter.com/studentactivism/status/1530173628192546816

https://mobile.twitter.com/studentactivism/status/1530177644695797760

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 15:51 on May 27, 2022

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

How many of the republican-leaning seats currently held by dems were redistricted into R+10 and how many were won by dems in the 2020 anti-trump wave that they're desperately trying to recreate by begging elon to let trump back onto twitter

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Actually, the Biden-Harris Administration will forgive 50K of student loans on their first day in office.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
president obama: 10.10 an hour. it's easy to remember

emeritus obama: [is far too busy starfucking to give a statement]

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the democrats are going to get destroyed in november

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

THS2 posted:

The democrats have been acting like such pathetic losers for the entire time they have had unlimited power it's really almost as if they have already lost in november. I know that's not technically how time works but it sure seems like it.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

spacemang_spliff posted:

buh bye sharice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

The democrats have been acting like such pathetic losers for the entire time they have had unlimited power it's really almost as if they have already lost in november. I know that's not technically how time works but it sure seems like it.

they intended to do nothing and claim credit for the pandemic ending on its own and the economy rebounding and then when that plan ran into trouble they panicked and decided they needed to do nothing harder

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

THS2 posted:

the democrats were destroyed, the democrats have been destroyed, the democrats are being destroyed, the democrats are going to be destroyed, the democrats will have been destroyed

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWsYJxCK4I

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

We didn't deserve him

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

ex post facho posted:

Republicans are also going to immediately abolish the legislative filibuster once they retake the senate as well

This is exactly why we need a strong republican party smh my head

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

what's chait's position on this these days

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Shear Modulus posted:

lol

what's chait's position on this these days
searching twitter for anyone suggesting to improve society and then calling them a tankie

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The democrats need to hurry up and get destroyed.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jonathan Chode

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheOperaFanThem...ingawful.com%2F

Colorado billionaire bootlicking dem governor for you:
https://twitter.com/jaredpolis/stat...ingawful.com%2F

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Fister Roboto posted:

The democrats need to hurry up and get destroyed.

i'll make the website

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

spacemang_spliff posted:

theyll find a job, and it will pay very well, and they will die wealthy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ELTON JOHN posted:

theyll find a job, and it will pay very well, and they will die wealthy

wealthy people don't work for a living

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CapaTosta122/status/1530673041646047233

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lmao hes flinching

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

lmao hes flinching

it was a pretty obvious trial balloon.

the twitter feedback they were fishing for was negative as usual so looks like it's back to the drawing board for team Joe

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 03:29 on May 29, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blame it on kamala, cmon joe

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think he sees her often enough to remember she exists.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shear Modulus posted:

it was a pretty obvious trial balloon

I don't think Biden admin says this stuff tbh. It's just reporters spinning their wheels because they can't report on Biden like trump

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

I don't think Biden admin says this stuff tbh. It's just reporters spinning their wheels because they can't report on Biden like trump

i could be remembering wrong but i thought the original reports were citing biden admin members involved in the discussions who spoke anonymously because the proposals were not yet finalized, which i generally interpret as intentional leak to gauge reactions

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

quote:

No decisions have been made yet. But as a reminder, no one has been required to pay a single dime of student loans since the president took office, spokesperson Vedant Patel told Reuters.

Go gently caress yourself. That has almost nothing to do with your administration.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Lol bad quote purposeful to stoke anger and resentment from people paying private student loan debt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

Lol bad quote purposeful to stoke anger and resentment from people paying private student loan debt?

i would bet that this spokesman is unaware private student loan debt exists