Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"If you expect me to save your kids life, you better give me something good for it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean, since the libertarian dream is to go back to the era of Rome when the fire brigade was any of several private companies that would roll up and demand you sell them your burning house for pennies and only then they'd put out the fire,

Only stands to reason cops should operate the same way

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kit Walker posted:

Though, you know what you don’t see enough of, especially given how prevalent the areas are in fantasy games? Poison swamp barbarians.

gently caress off, Hidetaka Miyazaki.

Agents are GO! has a new favorite as of 02:55 on May 27, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is true, horses are accessories for rich people and cops, and should be abolished.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

OwlFancier posted:

It is true, horses are accessories for rich people and cops, and should be abolished.

Some of the poorest people in the world have a culture of extensive horse ownership. Eastern european children/teens have an entire culture based around horse ownership. Inner-city Philadelphians of color own and ride horses at urban stables.

Horses can be for everyone.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The Philly thing is 90% carriage horses for tours around Independence Mall. There are some west Philly and north Philly horses outside of that but it's a pretty extreme minority.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea horses have always been a luxury, even in poo poo like steppe nomads who held them in high esteem they were still reserved for warriors and poo poo and every 'urban stable' is just a dumb way to keep their fruity little carriage tours in business with the labor of poor kids

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

my sister's in-laws got a windfall through inheritance and they are hippy boomers so instead of being responsible with the money when they had 5(!) young children they bought a bunch of horses and a horsey ranch for them and then were shocked when the money ran out. Now they are old people with degenerative diseases who rely on the already-strained finances of my sister and her family in order to not die also the horses have long since been sold and that ranch is gone too.

The horses did nothing wrong in this story I feel for them, although they seemed to be well taken care of.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The horses did nothing wrong in this story

That’s what they want you to think

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Why do they tell you not to look a gift horse in the mouth? What are the gift horses trying to hide?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"riding horses at an urban stable" sounds like the most yuppie thing imaginable

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

"riding horses at an urban stable" sounds like the most yuppie thing imaginable

It's actually a thing in a lot of inner city communities, as another poster pointed out upthread. There's a trend of poc communities doing it as a means to reclaim their heritage of horsemanship since the history of it has been so thoroughly whitewashed.

The George Floyd protest in Houston was partially led by a group of black trail riders that do outreach and stuff in Texas, as an example.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pththya-lyi posted:

Why do they tell you not to look a gift horse in the mouth? What are the gift horses trying to hide?

If you look the gift horse in the mouth you can see all the delicious food it's keeping for itself. food that could be yours

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Horse cops occasionally patrol my neighbourhood, but they're only for show. "Community engagement", as they like to call it.

And no, the cops do not clean up after them.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

You can tell the age of a horse by looking at its teeth, so the implication of "looking a gift horse in the mouth" is that you're being nitpicky in trying to find a fault in a favor or gift.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I found my first, real life, in the wild....bot? I think? I'm not sure what's going on here.
https://twitter.com/theRJWW

Pththya-lyi posted:

Thirty Greeks? :haw:

Someone already made this joke earlier, didn't they.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Khizan posted:

You can tell the age of a horse by looking at its teeth, so the implication of "looking a gift horse in the mouth" is that you're being nitpicky in trying to find a fault in a favor or gift.

If someone was trying to give me an old horse, I'd be lovely as well. At best you're giving me a bunch of tough horse meat and the need to dig a giant hole.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
You should come to the new forest. loving horses everywhere. In the road, in the street, I your front garden eating your flowers.

And you're NOT allowed to shoot them or run them over. It's political correctness gone mad.

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 07:49 on May 27, 2022

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Mega Comrade posted:

You should come to the new forest. loving horses everywhere. In the road, in the street, I your front garden eating your flowers.

And you're NOT allowed to shoot them or run them over. It's political correctness gone mad.

Your friends bragging being all "I got a mercedes" "Yeah well I got a ferrari last week" and now you can say "Well I have a mustang.... infestation."

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 08:18 on May 27, 2022

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

BioEnchanted posted:

You're friends bragging being all "I got a mercedes" "Yeah well I got a ferrari last week" and now you can say "Well I have a mustang.... infestation."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

If rich people are allowed to hunt foxes on horseback, I should be allowed to hunt rich people and horses and eat them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wasn't the Prophet Muhammed a redhead?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Cain was a redhead, and according to some sources the mark of Cain was having red hair.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1529524085759385600?s=20&t=jDjgHDBZsuO3k1wufk1Nlg

Are you kidding me

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

... The cops did kill at least a child, did they

E: oh huh the tweet embed likes are back in awful app. Wonder what that was

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My "our department did not kill any of the children" press conference is raising a lot of questions alr

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I note the statement doesn't mention teachers

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baron von Eevl posted:

The Philly thing is 90% carriage horses for tours around Independence Mall. There are some west Philly and north Philly horses outside of that but it's a pretty extreme minority.

I used to do that it, in 2008. One time John McCain came to visit, and secret service locked down everything and blocked all the streets, so nobody made any money, and our office manager was furious, and we explained the secret service were like "gently caress you nobody's moving" And she was like "my husband's a cop, I wouldve called him and he would've done something"

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

If rich people are allowed to hunt foxes on horseback, I should be allowed to hunt rich people and horses and eat them.

No, you're supposed to hunt rich people from a fox-drawn war chariot.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

... The cops did kill at least a child, did they

No they believe they didn’t which leaves a little room for the possibility

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/boobastank/status/1529912983584919563

If Texas was actually arming teachers do you think it would be allowed to return fire on the child murdering co-ahahahahaha

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

2028: schools being hardened against invasion by roaming bands of cops

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Well they did get that one kid killed by having them shout for help, thus revealing themself to the shooter.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

So, Tom Winter posting this makes me absolutely certain the cops shot at least one kid, because Tom Winter is like a copagandaholic who just can’t stop posting cop lies.

Also, what the gently caress happened to the whole “let’s not use mass murderers’ names” thing?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well that post is the worst way to do that

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

America is so hosed up lol

https://twitter.com/noraneus/status/1530152774641635331

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I go mountain biking a lot and horses get really freaked out by people on bikes. So any time we encounter horse riders on the trail we have to stop, get off our bikes, take off our helmets, and start talking so the horses don't throw their rider and kick us in the head. If you do everything exactly right they'll jut leave a gigantic pile of poo poo in the trail for you.

So I can see why people might not be a fan of horses.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

McCracAttack posted:

I go mountain biking a lot and horses get really freaked out by people on bikes. So any time we encounter horse riders on the trail we have to stop, get off our bikes, take off our helmets, and start talking so the horses don't throw their rider and kick us in the head. If you do everything exactly right they'll jut leave a gigantic pile of poo poo in the trail for you.

So I can see why people might not be a fan of horses.

I also go mountain biking a lot and i get stopping, but the rest of it seems a tad excessive. have you had some pretty bad experiences when you didnt do that or something?

Edit: fwiw horses do my head in too, they chew up bridlepaths way more than bikes/walkers ever do. And yes theyre huge and skittish and thick as mince.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The contrast of the horse as this prestige status symbol with the reality of being huge, stupid poo poo monsters makes me dislike horses way more than I should dislike any animal. Gimme a pig, or a crow, or any of the flavours of trash cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well, it's more a thing of not having to walk, combined with a little being up high and being able to hit people with efficient impunity