Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Orange Carlisle posted:

turns out people don't want to pay extra just to watch another episode of the weekly tv with a different name

'premium live events'

The only "premium" I see is the ticket price!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They should chalk the move up to terrorism like Mania 7.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1529940006223200266

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He has no charisma.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Pylons posted:

He has no charisma.

He is a rapist

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

He has no charisma.

this is one of my favorite recent interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q35DqyyaXt4

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1529971249392279608

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

you have to click through that one to see why it's funny

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

How many times did they use that world title with the blue strap? I don't think I've ever seen much of the heel Slaughter run outside of the PPVs.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheKingslayer posted:

How many times did they use that world title with the blue strap? I don't think I've ever seen much of the heel Slaughter run outside of the PPVs.

It was the belt he won from The Ultimate Warrior, who had a bunch of WWF titles with different colored straps to match what gear he was wearing (Black, yellow, white, blue, purple)

Pretty much immediately after Slaughter won it they switched back to the black strap.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 27, 2022

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Davros1 posted:

It was the belt he won from The Ultimate Warrior, who had a bunch of WWF titles with different colored straps to match what gear he was wearing (Black, yellow, white, blue, purple)

Pretty much immediately after Slaughter won it they switched back to the black strap.

Ah gotcha. I remember the yellow and white but not the others.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Did anyone customise the WWF title in any way before Warrior did?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They had that giant winged eagle belt built for Andre but never used it.

EDIT: Besides showing it on Main Event, etc.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i prefer the wingless eagle sh ooting blood everywhere championship title opportunity fastening cincture

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Did anyone customise the WWF title in any way before Warrior did?

Hogan, for a week, had a belt that had his picture on it (ala the NWA World's Woman title, aka "The Burke"). Earlier, Superstar Billy Graham had one that went from a blue strap to a red strap (or vive versa; can't remember which), but that was just more an update than anything, and not a character choice.

Warrior changed the IC belt from a black strap to a yellow, and after he vacated it upon winning the WWF belt, they immediately reverted to the default black.

"Exotic" Adrian Street, however, when he won the Continental Title, he painted the strap pink "to bring some color to a drab item".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does anyone have a picture of the belt with Hogan's face on it? Thanks in advance, I need a laugh this morning. I'm already thinking about the fist helmet and how much I want one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the belt with Hogan's face on it? Thanks in advance, I need a laugh this morning. I'm already thinking about the fist helmet and how much I want one.

It's not that impressive (though funny that they used a black and white photo)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Here's one of the few pics of him wearing it. The story goes he found it uncomfortable to wear, so they switched back to the Hogan '86.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It looks like a photo they’d use for a prayer card at his funeral.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That definitely comes off like an experimental belt design for the nominal ace of the company, but yeah, it also looks like the kind of thing that would be put together to memorialise a deceased wrestler.

I kind of wish it was what I immediately pictured in my mind: a Hogan version of the Fiend belt.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Who brought us the white strapped IC we all love? Was it HBK?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it was the american nightmare cody rhodes to whom we all owe thanks for the IC white strap title.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

It's not that impressive (though funny that they used a black and white photo)

This is making me laugh way harder than it probably should. Holy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

The suspension [of Sasha and Naomi] is without pay. In addition, the company pulled all of their merchandise from its web site, meaning they would not get any new merchandise revenue. There was merchandise for both women available at the live shows over the weekend because that stuff is prepared ahead of time.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Vince mad

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

imagine being a billionaire and getting caremad. i hate to spill the tea, but its cringe.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

But why wouldn't you, just, like, not sell the stuff at the house shows?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

D.N. Nation posted:

But why wouldn't you, just, like, not sell the stuff at the house shows?

Guessing it's already packaged up in the trucks and going from town to town, so you need to fill your merch stands out with something until you replace it all with something else.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ah, OK, snark rescinded, WWE. This time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If they don’t sell them they’d just have to throw them away or donate them to charity or something and what possible reason would WWE have to do that?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

History Comes Inside! posted:

If they don’t sell them they’d just have to throw them away or donate them to charity or something and what possible reason would WWE have to do that?

tax write-off

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is making me laugh way harder than it probably should. Holy poo poo

The belt was made by Reggie Parks, and the design later influenced the NWA 6 Man Tag Team titles, the WCW 6 Man Tag Team titles, and more recently, the ROH World TV title from a few years back.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Uh because they want their brands 2 win?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

PSP Dream Match of the Week - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Honky Tonk Man. Who Wins? With What Move? How Many Minutes?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

They should go on Twitch or something if they're not getting paid.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That DICK! posted:

PSP Dream Match of the Week - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Honky Tonk Man. Who Wins? With What Move? How Many Minutes?

Honky Tonk Man after 58 minutes with a Canadian Destroyer onto the guitar

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Stone cold gets his rear end beat for 4 minutes then someone's music plays and distracts honky and stone cold rolls him up. He gets no offence in otherwise

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Wrestling's greatest cockroach wins again, ain't he great?

Effy ain't getting a win back

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i give it two months at most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lmao

seeing a vacuum left by WWE HHH, a lesser HHH makes his move.