Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Something like this happened ten years ago to a house just a couple miles away from where I was living at the time. Everyone in my neighborhood was immediately out on their porches trying to figure out what the hell they just heard. Absolutely deleted a couple of houses.

Turns out it was a "doing it for the insurance money" arson and everyone involved went away for a long time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Hill_explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It keeps getting worse

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1530180739982954496

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That’s incredibly sad and honestly impressive all at once.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Reading that makes me want to kick someone's rear end. Like I really want to beat the hell out of somebody right now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Braksgirl posted:

Reading that makes me want to kick someone's rear end. Like I really want to beat the hell out of somebody right now.

Don't, you will get arrested. Unless.you are beating elementary school children, then you got 45 minutes, hour tops.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'll just blame it on my period. It'll be fine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Something like this happened ten years ago to a house just a couple miles away from where I was living at the time. Everyone in my neighborhood was immediately out on their porches trying to figure out what the hell they just heard. Absolutely deleted a couple of houses.

Turns out it was a "doing it for the insurance money" arson and everyone involved went away for a long time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Hill_explosion

If they wouldn't have killed anyone I'd almost be impressed. Causing 4 million bucks worth of damage while you're scamming insurance out of 300k is going above and beyond.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

harperdc posted:

Sarah Jeong has dug into Texas’ state laws and found something relevant

These read a lot like some of the training I've been in as well - your job is to get in, stop the threat, and secure an area for Fire/EMS to extract and render aid. If you don't like it, there are other jobs out there.

I'd almost be impressed with how they completely forgot (willingly or otherwise) the core lesson of the entire loving training.

But the parking lot was secure so I guess they got something done.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Silly Burrito posted:

That’s incredibly sad and honestly impressive all at once.

Yeah, gently caress. I don't know if I would thought of that now, much less at that age. That poor kid

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Seth Green's NFT show was centered around the premise of "what if your friendly neighborhood bartender was Bored Ape Yacht Club #8398?" But then, reportedly, his ape was allegedly stolen and apparently he can't move forward with the show after losing the intellectual property rights of the main character.

lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
🎶all my apes are gone (all my apes are gone)
I got scammed today🎶

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You have to imagine everyone involved is pretty happy to put a bullet in that project, jesus.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WaPo headline posted:

Abbott to skip NRA meeting, will release video remarks instead

I'd almost respect him more if he'd just went ahead and gone through with it. We know who's pocket you're in, buddy, and we know you're not actually working here or anything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
To be fair, Robot Chicken sounded pretty stupid too and it worked

But yeah the NFT show sounds super extra stupid

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean the premise of robot chicken is what if pop culture, but they all hosed and swore and did drugs, which is pretty much 80% of what any given person thinks about

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Robot Chicken was a documentary

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/LesbianLaMaupin/status/1529199307773157377

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My dad’s a pretty straight laced conservative person but whenever we were on the road for races and Robot Chicken was on late at night in the hotel, he’d absolutely lose his poo poo every time, he loved that poo poo.

Nov 6, 2002

There's hope fellas.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?t=-HvGVdvKRPsXaDMqao85QQ&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It is a pretty happy ending because this is providing more laughs then the show ever would.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

T-Square posted:

My dad’s a pretty straight laced conservative person but whenever we were on the road for races and Robot Chicken was on late at night in the hotel, he’d absolutely lose his poo poo every time, he loved that poo poo.

Yeah, my sperm donor was a dyed-in-the-wool conservative (and Obama's election completely broke him; unsurprising that he died less than two years after that, good riddance you son of a bitch), but he absolutely loved stuff like Robot Chicken or MST3K. Way, way back when, I used to race sprint cars in central Illinois, and we'd get home after race nights, bake a frozen pizza and be home just in time for MST3K on Sci-Fi Channel.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZODIAC_MF/status/1530218949274701825

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh my god

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That just made me physically ill. And that's after I just experienced 36 hours of gastrointestinal issues that no one wants to hear about (let's just say I didn't leave bed except to go to the bathroom for a day and a half).

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

God i love that show

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1530222677226577920

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fire them all. What’s the worst that could happen?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is what I was kind of expecting. In a hostage situation, rushing in can get more people killed than attempting to negotiate. I don't know how they could have thought it was a hostage situation though, I mean surely they can hear more gunfire? And with kids bleeding out, that logic doesn't apply anyway. And someone who has already shot up a place and murdered some kids is not taking hostages and negotiating.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/enbuenora/status/1530229363806900224?s=21

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Y’all are silly. It’s not the cops’ job to lay down their lives for a classroom of kids, that’s the teachers’.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/sewellchan/status/1530225165455474690?t=JmYO0-APja5MUJHMiXPqBA&s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

acac

all cops are cowards

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm really fuckin sick at the idea that we spent the summer of 2020 protesting police to defund them because of how useless they are only for 2021 for them to be refunded, and now in 2022 we are once again reminded that they are worthless.

One of my local city council members announced allocating city money hiring fund to get more police officers for our city the day after the shooting. Just absolute garbage trash leadership from the national to the local level on this stuff.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Intruder posted:

So also didn’t owning one of them apes not grant you any of the IP rights anyways? Just a URL and maybe the ability to make ‘transformational’ work?

So having ape#42069 in your crypto wallet or not would still require licensing rights from the creator, which…they could just do.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

like every minute this is looking like the most american massacre ever

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1530229377312636931

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

Y’all are silly. It’s not the cops’ job to lay down their lives for a classroom of kids, that’s the teachers’.

The training they were supposed to receive said specifically “first responders are expected to put themselves in harms way to protect kids,” so. It is their job :v:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If you’ve ever spent any time working alongside cops, nothing about this is surprising. Their only motivation is to cover their own asses. Ever. It’s why they hit vulnerable people with everything they’ve got, then “accidentally delete” the body cam footage. I’ve encountered it many many times in my career.

My partner was working OT last month and witnessed a sergeant put together a fake story about why the officer was speeding when she got in an accident. It’s their MO. They only serve themselves.

I’ve got boatloads of stories of them being complete do-nothing shitheads. I’m sick that instead of it just making my work marginally more difficult, nearly 20 sweet kiddos had to die over it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I mean, he's not wrong; his apology would be worth exactly jack and poo poo to any parent affected.

seiferguy posted:

I'm really fuckin sick at the idea that we spent the summer of 2020 protesting police to defund them because of how useless they are only for 2021 for them to be refunded, and now in 2022 we are once again reminded that they are worthless.

One of my local city council members announced allocating city money hiring fund to get more police officers for our city the day after the shooting. Just absolute garbage trash leadership from the national to the local level on this stuff.

Our leaders are literally incapable of learning lessons at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

loving incredible after three days of lying to the public the best new lie that they could come up with was "we thought all the kids were dead."