Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

the regular season is important so you get to meet the celtics when 10th best player in the eastern conference Derrick White is on paternity leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Hw gonna be knocked out by eventual champs last 2 year.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think Durant going to the Warriors was a corny move but if I was a Warriors or Durant fan I would have loving loved every moment of it and all the fans clutching their pearls would have made it even better. it was awful for basketball but great on every other level

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

skipmyseashells posted:

so did AI but nobody says he’s a top 10 player

actually,
https://i.imgur.com/yncuHde.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

I think Durant going to the Warriors was a corny move but if I was a Warriors or Durant fan I would have loving loved every moment of it and all the fans clutching their pearls would have made it even better. it was awful for basketball but great on every other level

the Durant warriors teams were legit great and beautiful

those were good Lebron teams that had no chance against them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Durant and draymond are a legit all time duo .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1530344012607066112?s=21&t=44F70-3vHIuhDtu0la12tw

no! nooo!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

noooooooooooo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

No matter how much of a lead the heat build they're not to be trusted

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

TDepressionEarl posted:

the regular season is important so you get to meet the celtics when 10th best player in the eastern conference Derrick White is on paternity leave

ive been saying this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

god i love ref ball

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol miami

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skipmyseashells posted:

post acl Kevin durant that had to deal with kyrie sitting on his rear end for 80% of the season, grow up

i grew up the day i realized golden state were a hell of a team

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rip. your team got knocked out and you got banned in the same week. paying the ultimate forums price

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
jaylen brown needs to take over....not like that though

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ridiculous

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Such a weird series

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

rip. your team got knocked out and you got banned in the same week. paying the ultimate forums price

Always disliked that guy lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
that's a foul? lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

this game sucks rear end

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

derrick white showing why hes considered the 10th best player in the eastern conference

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jimmy butler got that dog in him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he’s got one of the highest dog amounts in him I’ve ever seen

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
With this Butler performance I am giving my alternate universe Sixers team the 2022 title.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

hifi posted:

jimmy butler got that dog in him

I'm a believer

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lol I didn't know there was this much dubs hate out there. I think they're fun as hell to watch and while the Durant years were less fun, they were still alright. People arguing that they aren't good or that they're frauds though? I guess if the choice is between rings and excuses and the other guys all have the rings...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Durant years were way more fun to watch individual games in, especially compared to this latest iteration. just made the league as a whole less interesting

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

indigi posted:

Durant years were way more fun to watch individual games in, especially compared to this latest iteration. just made the league as a whole less interesting

I watched an awful lot of the 73 win regular season and I found that team to have a much better flow and ball movement than any of the Durant years where they didn't care at all until the second half if at all. I'd like to know what the assist ratio was on the teams with versus without Durant because when he was there I felt like every fourth possession was just him dribbling into a jumpshot without passing. Most of the time it was just obvious that they were head and shoulders above any other team in the league that the only question going into a game was would they bother to try. By the second Durant year I felt like they were doing something stuff like sitting people just to stave off boredom and make games more interesting and were openly talking in the media about how the biggest challenge was remembering to play basketball when every team on the schedule was inadequate competition to hold their interest.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Jimmy Buckets is literally jesus

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

*Mary Magdalene watching Jesus move the boulder in front of his burial chamber*

Mary: he got that dawg in him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

traded jimmy away and chose to keep Ben Simmons .

just a great franchise

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

euphronius posted:

traded jimmy away and chose to keep Ben Simmons .

just a great franchise

craziest part was half the nba fandom saying its a no brainer too

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im still mad about that game. there was a foul every 50 seconds all game long

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

euphronius posted:

I’d have curry 5th on the warriors

you could convince me he’s 6th

This you? https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/ESPN-analyst-snubs-Steph-Curry-after-Finals-return-17203602.php

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this isn’t even controversial outside of the bay tbh. no semi-competent GM would ever build around Curry over Durant at any point in their careers

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

indigi posted:

this isn’t even controversial outside of the bay tbh. no semi-competent GM would ever build around Curry over Durant at any point in their careers

I love Durant too!

I'm just going to troll euphronius for a bit :stoked:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

indigi posted:

Building around Durant seems like you'd run into the problem of the guy just being too easily butthurt about trivial bullshit. I'm not saying he's Kyrie and he's a great player, I just can't believe he'd stay happy long enough to build anything around.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I will agree im super not looking forward to all the warriors focused laudatory media pieces about their Journey (like this lowe post is honestly boring) but I guess it's better than Boston being happy.
Save us Jimmy Buckets you're our only hope.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think the Warriors are fun to watch and I like that their team was built over a long period of time by drafting well and doing good player development rather than assembling a superteam of free agents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I can understand why people don't like curry because he's advertised as a shooter and he's maybe ok at defense, but he bulked up a lot...

which means that he can play better D and stop people from just running to the rim,
and he just runs the entire game and absolutely exhausts the other team.

There is a reason everyone says they hate guarding him, and it isn't because of his shooting. He never stands still.