Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

The chargers once missed the playoffs with like the #1 offense and defense because their special teams were just that bad

I believe in them.

The Chargers are nothing if not entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Kalli posted:

The chargers once missed the playoffs with like the #1 offense and defense because their special teams were just that bad

I believe in them.

This is a big reason why I now agree with the idea of having 8 teams per conference in the playoffs. Because football is like with few games where very good teams can finish around .500. And those teams should mostly get a shot in the postseason. So what I'd do now is get rid of the 17th game, add the 8th team to each conference, and give every team a bye week after the season is over. I think this could also encourage more competitive teams to rest players who are injured rather than try to force themselves to a playoff spot or a bye week.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

McCoy seems like the kinda person who develops beefs easily, so I'm a bit skeptical of that comment.

Yeah I agree with that

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I hope some NFC team pays Lamar all the money.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Eifert Posting posted:

I hope some NFC team pays Lamar all the money.

The Bucs post Brady.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shady is like the only Chief who has had anything bad to say about playing for them in the Reid era from what I can tell (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone). So yeah

Kalli posted:

Seems to read to me as: Old lovely running back mad that his OC properly benched his rear end

This is kinda my read.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Shady is like the only Chief who has had anything bad to say about playing for them in the Reid era from what I can tell (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone). So yeah

This is kinda my read.

Le’Veon didn’t care for it either.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oops yeah that was another one, I guess if you're a washed RB don't sign with the Chiefs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They asked Reid about this yesterday and his answer literally was that some people can't stand getting old lol

also maybe don't carry the ball like it's giving off radiation. His time ended with his last fumble

all that said I can see Bieniemy being a dick to player easily

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
To be fair, are you really going to worry that hard about establishing the run when you have Patrick loving Mahomes?

I mean, it might not be that bad an idea now that Tyreek is gone and teams are figuring out how to counter Mahomes, but still.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think the loss of Tyreek is going to have a bigger impact on Mahomes than people are anticipating.

I base this on nothing.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I think Patrick mahomes will enjoy a nice well done steak with ketchup this weekend

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Andy Reid will have a steak sandwich this weekend, by stacking three steaks on top of each other and consuming the entire thing whole.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Mega64 posted:

To be fair, are you really going to worry that hard about establishing the run when you have Patrick loving Mahomes?

Mahomes devolved into freshman year Pat in the AFC championship because the Bengals played Big 12 defense so Establishing The Run when the defense is begging you to do so might not be a bad idea

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kalli posted:

I believe in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAL5X3TRA2A

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

I think the loss of Tyreek is going to have a bigger impact on Mahomes than people are anticipating.

I base this on nothing.

It seems logical.

But Mahomes' numbers without Hill playing are still really good.

and maybe guys can stop doing this

https://twitter.com/TheChiefsPod/status/1529948528688123904

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

It seems logical.

Playing this game is always dumb because to not be dishonest you have to now see how many would be interceptions were dropped by defenders.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's astounding how often it happened last year though. I've never seen anything like it to the point that we started debating whether he throws an uncatchable ball more than other QBs

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Last season was simply making up for Mahomes' insane int luck up to that point.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/11/01/patrick-mahomes-interception-luck/

quote:

In 2018, Mahomes’ first season as an NFL starter, he threw 12 interceptions. Two more were listed as either Hail Mary or at the end of the fourth quarter. 10 were dropped by defenders, leaving Mahomes with an Adjusted Interception total of 21, tied for the league lead with Sam Darnold, then of the New York Jets.

In 2019, Mahomes threw just five interceptions. But five more were dropped, leaving him with 10 Adjusted Interceptions. That was way down the list for starting quarterbacks (Jameis Winston led the league with a whopping 40 in 2019), but once again, you can see how these things tend to go.

In 2020, Mahomes threw six interceptions, which gave him the NFL’s lowest interception rate at 1.0%. But he had seven dropped interceptions, and that total of 13 tied him with Drew Brees, Tua Tagovailoa, and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the eighth-most Adjusted Interceptions in the league. Wentz was first with 21, which proves that eventually, even if it takes a while, these things come home to roost.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

It seems logical.

A couple of those were bad throws (Chargers one was a dumb no-look pass that if he would have just put the ball in front of Kelce and not behind him, it's an easy reception, Titans looked like he was just trying to force it between like 3 defenders, and the Broncos one was way high) but yeah

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

Mahomes devolved into freshman year Pat in the AFC championship because the Bengals played Big 12 defense so Establishing The Run when the defense is begging you to do so might not be a bad idea

Couldn’t have been Big 12 defense, it was good and effective.

Ignore OSU last year for this joke pls.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

I can think of two specific examples where they probably should have.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i b'lieve the point is you can just run when you want

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Running is fine when it makes sense to do it. The problem is when teams would think that "establish the run" was something you needed to do at all times to be successful on offense. That's how the 2000 Ravens won the Superbowl.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

loved that post.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mega64 posted:

The Chargers are going to have to step up their game if they're going to score some embarrassing losses with the team they currently have.

I mean it'll happen but they're gonna have to go to the levels of Lions/Falcons/NFC East-style meltdowns to blow this, even in the toughest division in football.

Luckily, they have a terrible HC who makes stupid decisions in the name of being "aggressive."

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Running is fine when it makes sense to do it. The problem is when teams would think that "establish the run" was something you needed to do at all times to be successful on offense. That's how the 2000 Ravens won the Superbowl.

things make sense when they make sense. insightful

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Luckily, they have a terrible HC who makes stupid decisions in the name of being "aggressive."

Zzz

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's spelled "zed."

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We fall asleep differently in Canada

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

things make sense when they make sense. insightful

Well it's been implied sometimes that running is always a bad thing. But that's not true. Like the 2019 Ravens showed you can even build a team around the run still if you do it right.

Then there's the inverse where Greg Roman in the past would panic and start calling all passing plays because we're down 7 points in the first half. So being down means we need to throw throw throw. When we'd have moved the ball just as well on the ground.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 28, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Quadzilla

https://twitter.com/packers/status/1529159423293378560

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quads are an underrated muscle group to just go hog wild on.

That nickname is already taken tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xZlZhWxi4

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That’s a thicc boy :eyepop:

I swear to god I read an article about how Saquon was at high risk of injury for the knee issue he suffered because his absurd quads caused extra stress. But I can’t find it anymore so I’m going to assume it was some fantasy football dork or hot take artist taking out of his rear end

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Nevermind

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

Quads are an underrated muscle group to just go hog wild on.

That nickname is already taken tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xZlZhWxi4

Hardly the point but is it normal to not use collars or any kind of clip for the plates? Warming up is one thing but I’d have thought it kind of hazardous once you’re at higher loads to forego them, if not for you then the stage and other people around

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He’s using clips, at least in the last attempt, I skipped to the end

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Mr. No Team

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1530744799845834755

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Antonio Brown is giving up the NFL to follow his dream of joining the circus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fan Controlled Football League when?