Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

It's, like, the first thing you see after the title.

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

CitizenKeen posted:

It's, like, the first thing you see after the title.

I have carefully honed my razor-sharp mind to disregard videos.

It's like the "this is also available on the internet archive" banner on lparchive. Just slides right off my smooth, sleek brain.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The first thing below it is a link to a vision-impaired-friendly version.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

gschmidl posted:

The first thing below it is a link to a vision-impaired-friendly version.

I didn't click that, because I assumed it would be the main campaign page done in a screen reader-friendly format, as it says it is. And it is. Except, after the first paragraph, they inserted the text "Arcs plays in 60 to 120 minutes with 3 or 4 players. Arcs is recommended for players age 14 and up."

just write that on the page

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
It's interesting, because right now, the backer levels are:
  • Base Game: 173 backers
  • Campaign: 927 backers
  • Campaign + Minis: 1871 backers

So the people who care about the Kickstarter in the first 2 hours didn't need the campaign split. It'll be interesting to see where the core game appears in the market (Target or whatever).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I got SSO!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manokentgames/sso-second-edition

Seems to be the quality advertised

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

FirstAidKite posted:

The kraken dice kickstarter spoken of earlier had problems with the creator specifically reporting messages that were critical of them and those messages all got temporarily replaced with a message about those comments being flagged and pending review. The comments had the creator saying they weren't the ones who reported the comments but the other comments were saying that the creator is the only one with the power to do that. From what I looked up, the change to comments from cancelled backers happened this month while there was an update last month for handling reporting and flagging abusive comments.

My only other experience with this is an older kickstarter that failed where the creator was being doxxed in her comments and it took a fair amount of complaining before anything was done and that wasn't something that would have been fixed by hiding comments from cancelled backers.

It also may not matter to people but they are currently being called out on twitter for being MAGA chuds, at least the owners. Not much to it, their facebooks just happen to like Posobiec, Carlson, Trump, GOP, MAGA pages, that sort of stuff. No statements or anything, but it's a thing that is happening.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
oh THAT'S where the kraken was

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Any opinions on Tiny Epic Vikings? I haven't played any of the Tiny Epic games before but seems like a decent bit of game for fairly cheap.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It’s a lot of game in a small box, but that leaves no room for the Good.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I've had a weirdo start screaming bloody murder in a KS campaign, I cancelled his pledge (he was clearly not happy and I was definitely not going to be able to accommodate him.) In practice that meant refunding him which was also fine with me.

As a side effect his rantings disappeared since he was no longer a backer and only backers can comment. Replies didn't go away, just his original messages. That was also fine by me but not something I foresaw at the time.

Things change though, and might not have always worked like that.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Trip report? It looks pretty cool.

Also, ‘Rage of the Montalbano’ :golfclap:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Doctor Zero posted:

I'm also curious, this looks interesting but also I am having trouble getting an idea of what it's actually like to play.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

The Eyes Have It posted:

I'm also curious, this looks interesting but also I am having trouble getting an idea of what it's actually like to play.

I will try the solo rules tomorrow, I wont be able to get a group for a while unfortunately

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If any folks are still on the TORG Eternity train like I am, well, choo choo. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ulissesspiele/torg-eternity-pan-pacifica

If nothing else props to Ulisses Spiel for going "Hey, maybe a setting book that revolves around a pandemic, even if it's one that turns people into monsters, isn't the best idea right now" when COVID kicked off and reworking it.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I will try the solo rules tomorrow, I wont be able to get a group for a while unfortunately

Perfect thanks!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

rarely have I seen a kickstarter page whose art suggests "those cards arrive moist"

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Fate Accomplice posted:

rarely have I seen a kickstarter page whose art suggests "those cards arrive moist"

IDGI

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I got my pledge for Burncycle delivered a couple days ago and it's really good!

The quality being as you would expect from Chip Theory - the mats are all neoprene, heavy poker chips, custom dice, all the cards that waterproof plastic stuff. (I didn't get the ultra fancy edition with the brass figures). Very nice. Also has a good rulebook -- two separate ones, one being a "learn to play" tutorial -- which is solid, especially considering how clear rulebooks have not been their strong point in the past.

Best description of the game I can give is "Invisible Inc. as a board game" -- you're sneaking around, trying not to get caught by patrols or get the threat level too high while you complete objectives. Only criticism I have right now is that as a multiplayer coop game, it's really prone to quarterbacking since you have to make a lot of group strategic decisions. But I've played it once two-player and once solo and had fun both times, so I'm happy with it so far.

It is now available on preorder from their store if anyone wants to get it at retail.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Warzone Eternal got cancelled after hitting 139% funding with 19 days left.

The tl;dr email basically says they were underperforming and wanted to retool for a bigger launch. Basically the stated goal wasn't the goal and they didn't reach it

E: honestly it looks like a good move - the initial offering had no starter armies, and a new player needed to know exactly what, of multiple unit boxes to buy. So maybe the underperformance was a red flag of more serious campaign issues.

moths fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 28, 2022

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

moths posted:

Warzone Eternal got cancelled after hitting 139% funding with 19 days left.

The tl;dr email basically says they were underperforming and wanted to retool for a bigger launch. Basically the stated goal wasn't the goal and they didn't reach it

:jerkbag: KS means I don't need to 'project manage', right? I wish this was the worst thing about KS, but boy is it bad. If I understand it correctly, it's essentially because funded projects are more likely to get additional funding, so there is no reason to not set the funding level to One Dollar, Bob.

edit: The jerkoff emoji is directed at the project, not you.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Crowdfunding targets are like real estate prices in crowded markets: more marketing than economics.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Does pulling out early and relaunching have a track record of success?

I feel like it primarily communicates that you're unreliable. Which isn't something backers respond well to.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It's one of those annoying things that kickstarters don't put the funding level they actually want, because they would much prefer their "Funded in 11 Minutes" banner

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I feel like there's this 'accepted crowdfunding strategy' that all the mainstream advice points creators towards and it's the most high-stress high-risk spend-heavy-up-front lie-to-your-backers bullshit folk can come up with. See also videos, which everyone hates making and hardly anyone watches, but which are somehow considered a sign of 'professionalism' or some poo poo.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Also Mutant Legion is boring. Five human factions, one of which is just "Japan wanted to be feudal again" along with one undead faction. The only thing that even looks mutant about it is those Razide things, which frankly look like someone messed with the .stl file of a Maxx figure, and are like space undead. Where's the mutants? Why is it called that?

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
I have never once watched a Kickstarter video. Does anyone?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BinaryDoubts posted:

74% of page views on my campaign did, which was surprisingly high. I expected maybe 1/3rd since it doesn’t auto play.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

BinaryDoubts posted:

I've watched the first 10 seconds of several, then turned them off because they were less informative and slower than just reading the KS.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

BinaryDoubts posted:

look at this guy, doesn't watch the HATE KS video every morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srq6ECieEg8

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

BinaryDoubts posted:

I did watch the KS video for the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter, back in 2012, the first one I ever backed. Other than that? nah. And that one was only because Tim Schafer is amusing.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Bottom Liner posted:

74% of page views on my campaign did, which was surprisingly high. I expected maybe 1/3rd since it doesn’t auto play.

Glad to see some data on this. I wonder how much it matters to most people, especially since I'm planning on running a ZineQuest campaign and have no desire whatsoever to make a video.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Fate Accomplice posted:

I just bought some guy's complete HATE pledge off ebay on the strength of the graphic novel.

No regerts.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Fate Accomplice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-0Oh0_9so

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Did anyone back Burgle Brothers 2? It’s turned up in my LGS with a small pack of cards taped to the back of the box, and an extra sheet of rules. I’m wondering if this is a stretch goal or a game fix.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The_Doctor posted:

Did anyone back Burgle Brothers 2? It’s turned up in my LGS with a small pack of cards taped to the back of the box, and an extra sheet of rules. I’m wondering if this is a stretch goal or a game fix.

I think it was an issue with the colour of the cards. I've got that extra sheet of rules somewhere but I can't find it at the moment or remember what it was for.

The sheet explains the replacement cards (and suggests a fix if there is an issue with the trays) and provides some alternate rules to lower randomness. A PDF version is here. I haven't played it but people seem to like it a lot.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 29, 2022

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

It's a fix. The cards are to replace some inside the box where colours don't match, and the extra rules are a variant after people complained that facedown customer tokens were too random.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do newer versions contain the fix in the box? I know my mates was interested in grabbing Burgle Bros at some point and want to give him the heads up

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Thanks for that, I’d have grabbed it if it was a KS extra. But it looks like that’s still available on their site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Infinitum posted:

Do newer versions contain the fix in the box? I know my mates was interested in grabbing Burgle Bros at some point and want to give him the heads up

I doubt there are newer versions made yet, but if you buy it from Fowers Games you get the fixes (mine were sent to me for free via post, I didn't even have to ask for them). I would think retailers also have the fixes.

And the fixes are one small sheet of rules-variants and a few colour corrections to a single deck of cards. So it's not game-breaking in any way, even if they somehow were missing.