Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

This war just keeps proving that Arma is way more true to life than anyone thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more evidence putin's fighting a limited war

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ardennes posted:

Admittedly, it is far from all Ukrainians, but the most extremist nutcases from across the country have been given a platform and a massive amount of funding. It is just the past repeating itself in proxy form.

Ukrainian Nazis specifically are the biggest winners so far of this war and it sucks

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

it’s the toyota hilux technical drone, it’s cheap but very effective and flexible.

I guess, but the TB-2 is moderately over-hyped, it is a good drone but they clearly have a high attrition rate. Turkey can obviously produce a ton of them though.

That said, Ukraine doesn’t have much of a Air Force left so, it at least gives them something in the sky. Btw, Ukraine probably does still have choppers and some fighters left, they are just likely heavily camouflaged. It does seem occasionally they show up but usually in small numbers.

Tulip posted:

Ukrainian Nazis specifically are the biggest winners so far of this war and it sucks

I think we are just looking at just a preview of the future, the more pressure they will be excreted on the current system, it is also certainly that Nazis and assorted fascists will be brought in to keep a lid on the population and motivate them to give everything for the cause, A part of that will always be to attack and marginalize whatever other that is the most useful to them.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 05:39 on May 29, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1530547247464779777?s=20&t=1v06kh_uw0VE9V1K20x1fw

Illia is trying to post through the collapse of the front line

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

illia Pokémongo is really such a good drat loser poser just completely brain poisoned by Twitter

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

atelier morgan posted:

i usually go with pinning the start of the doomed timeline to when european labor chose nationalism over solidarity in 1914 and cast the world into never-ending darkness

the millennial catastrophe

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

those royal inbred kings and emperors completely owned the working class into committing self suicide in ww1 lol

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

haha the bad thread is saying that this means they're going to retake Crimea through diplomacy and cunning

Has there been any unrest in Crimea the last eight years? Aren't they pretty much fine with being part of Russia?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

those royal inbred kings and emperors completely owned the working class into committing self suicide in ww1 lol

Tbf they also managed to get a lot of the sons of the ruling classes killed too, lmao

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

GlassElephant posted:

So I looked up the OSCE report, and the map is about all ceasefire violations, not where artillery has hit. So a portion of the dots on the map inside the borders of the LPR/DPR are where the OSCE recorded outgoing separatist artillery & MLRS rocket fire (or where they were forming tank columns outside of the designated storage areas). Almost every violation was recorded from cameras they had setup ("we heard what sounded like an explosion near the front lines") and there is no record of damage inside the separatist regions because when they tried to send out patrols the separatists told them to gently caress off.

this is your brain on nonstop unquestioned nazi propaganda

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

Granted, by that point, it was the capitalists that owned that royals that convinced them, since for the most part. It worked for the most part except for the Petrograd incident.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 07:20 on May 29, 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If Kadyrov said it, it happened. Period.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Al-Saqr posted:

yeah this is my read as well, russia will take donbas and stop there, they got mauled pretty bad during this war so I don’t think they have it in them to go any further.

although I genuinely think that Russia might go for Odessa since the prize of linkin with transnistria and landlocking a hostile Ukraine might be too great, but who knows.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1530666274103205889

ukraine is going to war with what i assume is the tank equivalent of holo charizard cards

#steiner
#supertanks

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Ardennes posted:

The question is more Ukrainian losses than Russian ones at this point, and even if the Russian assault needs to slow down them are still keep the attrition going since the Ukrainians obviously have a manpower problem and western arms are not nearly enough to balance the odds. I mean if the Donbas goes down, what is stopping the Russians between them and the Dniper?

Partisan militias? You might also find that troops who would desert in the Donbas are more motivated to fight in the heartland of Ukraine. And Russia is not exactly flush with fresh troops to do new assaults with either.

I agree with those who say they stop at Sloviansk and Kramatorsk, and even that won't be a cakewalk.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Al-Saqr posted:

illia Pokémongo

:lol:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

illia Pokémongo is really such a good drat loser poser just completely brain poisoned by Twitter

illia Pokémongo to the polls!!!:biden:

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Danann posted:

Poland is going to be operating the PT-91/T-72/Leopard 2/Challenger 2/K2PL/Abrams main battle tanks all simultaneously. I think they hate their maintenance guys over there.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/def...to_ukraine.html

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2022/04/26/poland-confirms-t-72-tank-delivery-to-ukraine-with-challenger-2-tanks-to-fill-gap/

they're trying to get the set bonus.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Danann posted:

Poland is going to be operating the PT-91/T-72/Leopard 2/Challenger 2/K2PL/Abrams main battle tanks all simultaneously. I think they hate their maintenance guys over there.

Pretty sure the MIC is pure grift in western countries so it's important to have your fingers in as many international deals as possible but without a sufficient contingent of anything so you always have another capability gap to fill.

This procurement strategy has gone swimmingly for Ukraine after all.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao John McCain is banned from entry into Russia

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

crepeface posted:

well yeah he’s a flight risk

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

crepeface posted:

They just didn't want him crashing into anything important on the way in.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

:drat:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Jokes aside what’s the reason? Is it just a middle finger for theatrics (though it’s not like he didn’t deserve it)?

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Jokes aside what’s the reason? Is it just a middle finger for theatrics (though it’s not like he didn’t deserve it)?

his name probably didnt get taken off the “rear end in a top hat congresspeople to enact retaliatory measures against” file that the foreign ministry has been keeping since the 90s

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Genuine flight risk

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

John McCain is the Ghost of Kiev

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Majorian posted:

On a broader level, I do not think Russia's current war aims extend beyond securing the Donbas and Kherson at this point. The Kremlin does not seem to want to escalate this war any further than it already has been, and they would need to if they wanted to drive on Odessa or Kyiv again, much less force regime change. So they're going to try to take Kramatorsk and Slovyansk, I think, and after that declare victory, dig in, and prepare to defend it from Ukrainian counterattacks.

Donetsk is still in Ukrainian artillery range and I don't think they'll accept that.

Can anyone procure some new maps now please, it's been so focused on the ~ cauldron ~ I have no idea where to direct attention now

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Double double toil and trouble

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not really inclined to fall in for it as anything other than a really premature claim but as of today The Algorithm has been saturating my news feed with articles about how he's losing his sight, or he has three years to live, or whatever. Even when I go incognito on Google News.

If it's some sort of media blitz a la dr who going "doesn't she look ... tired?" To ferment doubt and unravel the image of strongman, then lol, but it's seriously pushing up poo poo like the new york post and the mirror

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"I'm not gonna fall for this obvious lie but it's about the bad man so it's actually cool doctor who ownage"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It sounds like there's some kind of plot, by doctors, against Putin, if you catch my drift