Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So can someone confirm which celeb I'm supposed to hate, I don't have the mental energy for this poo poo

Both of them, and ourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I didnt realize Depp looked like a tanner Steven Seagal now

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So can someone confirm which celeb I'm supposed to hate, I don't have the mental energy for this poo poo

its a defamation case wherein one rich rear end in a top hat is suing another rich rear end in a top hat and a lot of people are getting rich in the process.

at the end of the day no lives will be saved, no abuse will be prevented, and no change will be effected.

theres nobody to root for.
hope this helps.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I wouldn't hire either of these weirdos to do anything. I know that is the wrong way to feel, and I am working on my unconscious bias

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
If they're not going to convict and hang Depp for his repeated crimes of piracy against the British Crown then justice is dead.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Depp looking like a pickle in scarves.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Skeleton Ape posted:

I wouldn't hire either of these weirdos to do anything. I know that is the wrong way to feel, and I am working on my unconscious bias
I don't think there's any bias in that statement. I'm hoping neither get hired for stuff, but there's some fairly not-shocking things they could be cast in like a burton film or an indie-esque project due to the infamy generated from all of this.

In a world somehow more tone deaf and sinister than ours, they'd both be cast as themselves in a film loosely based on their marriage and this trial. Only agreeing to the work due to the fat paycheck, audiences would get one of the most uncomfortable and inappropriate films ever made.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

That lady pooped in the pirate's bed

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Get both of them to star in a remake of the Rik Mayall movie, "Briefest Encounter".

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I read a theory from some Australians that Depp was protecting Heard initially when he claimed he cut his own finger because in AUS, assaulting someone with a bottle or similar item is called "glassing" and carried a 5 year minimum.

Coupled with her smuggling in their dog, she would end up in jail for a potentially long time.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Inzombiac posted:

I read a theory from some Australians that Depp was protecting Heard initially when he claimed he cut his own finger because in AUS, assaulting someone with a bottle or similar item is called "glassing" and carried a 5 year minimum.

Coupled with her smuggling in their dog, she would end up in jail for a potentially long time.

If they catch you smuggling a dog into Australia, what happens to the dog? Is it the same as if you smuggle fresh fruit into America? I really hope it isn’t.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If they catch you smuggling a dog into Australia, what happens to the dog? Is it the same as if you smuggle fresh fruit into America? I really hope it isn’t.

they force you to live there

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Nigmaetcetera posted:

We play didgeridoo music and it causes your wife to beat you

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Kharnifex posted:

Like in a good way or in an Amber Heard way?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

So you don’t put the living dog in an incinerator to teach other would-be smugglers a lesson?

Never mind, don’t tell me, it’s better for you to have people believe you do that.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Nigmaetcetera posted:

They had like 48 hours to get the dogs out of Australia or they would be destroyed.

Fun fact: Amber Heard got the dogs in the divorce. She gave them to her dad, a classy fellow who was once jailed for running a dog fighting ring.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

lamb posted:

They had like 48 hours to get the dogs out of Australia or they would be destroyed.

Fun fact: Amber Heard got the dogs in the divorce. She gave them to her dad, a classy fellow who was once jailed for running a dog fighting ring.

Oh gross! On Australia as much as Heardaddy!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
i'm far too cool to care about anything like the outcome of such a trial.

incidentally, does anyone know when the verdict is expected back?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

DeeplyConcerned posted:

A shitload of dead dogs

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
anyone have the latest vegas odds?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The odds are good but the goods are odd.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

STABASS posted:

3.4 dead dogs

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Thats spot on.

edit. kind of concerned about the bed she is sitting on

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yes. It is. They make you eat the dog right then and there.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

the culprit has been found:

https://i.imgur.com/J3WCsSJ.mp4

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

GolfHole posted:

its a defamation case wherein one rich rear end in a top hat is suing another rich rear end in a top hat and a lot of people are getting rich in the process.

at the end of the day no lives will be saved, no abuse will be prevented, and no change will be effected.

theres nobody to root for.
hope this helps.

it'll make people much more afraid to speak out about being victims of domestic abuse because they could be sued for defamation and dragged through the mud

hey remember how the original owner of this site used to paint all his exes as completely insane and manipulative bitches and the forum collectively ignored it until enough evidence came out that he was an abusive piece of poo poo. weird. no need to reflect on that or anything.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

The age old question whether a bear shits in the woods finally answered

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Metis of the Hallways posted:

it'll make people much more afraid to speak out about being victims of domestic abuse because they could be sued for defamation and dragged through the mud

I agree, it loving sucks that there are people lying about being abused because it hurts the credibility of the real victims. Hopefuly justice is served in the end

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Nobody knows except the jury.

STABASS posted:

As far as I know, betting on the outcome of court cases is illegal.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A US tech startup wants to gamify the legal system by allowing people to bet on civil lawsuits with cryptocurrency.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Betting over celebrity defamation suit? Is nothing sacred anymore?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Depp has just been convicted….for NOT making Mortdecai Returns. Come on Johnny! American wants to laugh at smelly ‘stache again!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Get back in the woods and poop where you’re supposed to, mister. :mad:

E: fb

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
So was the poop real?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Depp lost out on the chance to be THE Dr. Morbius.

I mean, that alone has done incalculable damage

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

Depp lost out on the chance to be THE Dr. Morbius.

I mean, that alone has done incalculable damage

Morbin' one out for Johnny Depp right now.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Metis of the Hallways posted:

Yeah, that's what's going to happen, an epidemic of nobodies with no money suing each other for defamation. You nailed it

Edit: if you want to get into it, though: between Depp and Heard, only one of them has a history of broken friendships and domestic violence, and it's not Depp. Heard hit her ex-wife in public, struck her friend Rocky in the face a couple times, abuses her sister Whitney, and is unable to maintain friendships for more than a few years

Depp had a parade of ex-girlfriends come out in support. He also DIDN'T have the usual parade of alleged victims that always happens when a celebrity is publicly accused of abusive behavior

And I'm sorry, but Heard's claims are just unbelievable. She never had her nose broken, her feet didn't get shredded up by broken glass, a broken bottle of liquor did not penetrate her vagina, she didn't get her ribs bruised constantly. Not to mention she lied about the $7 million being donated, she lied about "wanting nothing" (except a car, three penthouses and $50,000 a month), she lied about working with TMZ, she lied about not wanting to publicize the TRO, and her evidence is mostly stories and recordings of her screaming at Depp (some of which contradict each other)

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Real power move by Depp flying to England after closing statements and playing alongside Jeff Beck.