Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
not like they couldn't use that cozy backdrop for some drama or weird scifi or fantasy plot, even horror, anything really. the wild swings in tone is what makes doctor who.

throw johnny appleseed into one of the bathrooms and have em figure out the apple problem by the end you're tearing up because of the beauty of humanity or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sexy being a catty bitch to Clara was a lot of fun, as were the SoL Ponds shorts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vinylshadow posted:

Sexy being a catty bitch to Clara was a lot of fun, as were the SoL Ponds shorts

There's a similar one with Amy I think where the TARDIS shows former companions (Leela gets quite the :laugh: reaction from Amy) and the Doctor mutters something like,"Oh sure, show the girls but not the tin dog thank you very much :colbert:"

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 25, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BF has now included the song a bonus feature on the download version of the set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Picked up this on eBay, arrived yesterday! An unused door panel circle from Missy’s vault.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's cool, whatcha gonna do with it, how big is it? For a moment I thought it was a circular rug and now I just wish they sold ones with that pattern, it's great.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1531275940524871681

lmao

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
How to make up for the chib era in only two steps:

1. Have our new doctor wear a dress.

2. Have our new doctor murder a ceo in cold blood as an apology for kablam.

3. Have They/Them pronouns be used for our new doctor. :3

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TheNamedSavior posted:

How to make up for the chib era in only two steps:

1. Have our new doctor wear a dress.

2. Have our new doctor murder a ceo in cold blood as an apology for kablam.

3. Have They/Them pronouns be used for our new doctor. :3

I'll do you one better. How to make up for the Chibnall era in only one step:

1. Make a good show.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Jerusalem posted:

I'll do you one better. How to make up for the Chibnall era in only one step:

1. Make a good show.

We're making attainable requests, I think.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yeah, I don’t give a poo poo about how Gatwa plays the Doctor, just make the show interesting, for Christ’s sake.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
RTD has covid. :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh no!

Hopefully it is a mild case, that sucks :smith:

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Edward Mass posted:

Yeah, I don’t give a poo poo about how Gatwa plays the Doctor, just make the show interesting, for Christ’s sake.

Yep. Hell I would've been onboard with the Tennant stunt recasting (temporarily or whatever at least) just because it's something I didn't expect and while seemingly bankrupt creatively, still nothing they've done before so let's do this.

I've returned to cautiously optimistic from my previous "lack of shits to give" from watching Chibnall's era.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bring back imperial Daleks

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Bring back imperial Daleks

Those are the Daleks who decided to quit with he whole conquering and genocide thing and just open a spa.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Random Stranger posted:

Those are the Daleks who decided to quit with he whole conquering and genocide thing and just open a spa.

it's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm sorry to add to the pile you've probably seen in other threads of this thing, but even if it basically flopped on the Russian stuff I actually dig some of these Cybermen "designs" :allears:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1533787928475967489

I don't think we're ready for #HotRassilon

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They say Hot Rassilon like we haven’t already had Don Warrington and Timothy Dalton in the role. :mad:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A Rassilon's worth is determined by how much of his spittle you can see flying at the camera during his most maniacal monologue.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

A Rassilon's worth is determined by how much of his spittle you can see flying at the camera during his most maniacal monologue.

One of the few Big Finish Audio bundles to come with a home sprinkler system so you can pretend he's actually there yelling at you

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

So what are good 'new' releases in the big finish land?
I wandered off during the first Chibnall season and the last thing I've listened was Time War 1 back in 2017.

Big Finish site is bit useless, if you want just browse releases...

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

adhuin posted:

So what are good 'new' releases in the big finish land?
I wandered off during the first Chibnall season and the last thing I've listened was Time War 1 back in 2017.

Big Finish site is bit useless, if you want just browse releases...

Yeah it's pretty terrible.

Honestly, the most consistent range is... and you'll hate to hear it... Torchwood. The Benny stuff is very good too, but they've had a bit of break because of corona (they're back this year though). It's worth checking those out if you're interested, starting with The New Adventures Of Bernice Summerfield (aka the single decent Dalek story in the last ten years or so).

Since BF transitioned to boxsets for most of their other ranges, you're generally stuck with getting one or two good stories packaged with a handful of bad ones, which presents problems.

Some of the Ninth Doctor sets are decent too, though they're not as good as what was on TV IMO. And most things by James Goss or Chris Chapman are worth a look.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Did they get the Eccleston or are they more like companion chronicles?

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

adhuin posted:

They got Eccleston back for their latest 9th DA ranges, and they're both pretty good. The most recent one [Old Friends] has Jonathan Culshaw as the Brigadier and they bring in one of their new UNIT team members for a nice little mix. It's a fun story, even if I think Culshaw's Brig always sounds like young Brig - when he's supposed to be the older retired Brig, it sounds the exact same.

But it's a really good young Brig impression.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

adhuin posted:

It's Eccleston back in the role, yes

He's likely not coming back to the screen, but it's something, at least

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Looks like BBV might have bitten off more than they can chew this time. Bill Baggs has just released a new installment in his 'Adventures in a Pocket Universe' audio series, which was a 90s series starring K-9 and Lalla Ward as Not Romana for legal reasons in Not E-Space for legal reasons.

The issue is they don't have the rights to K-9 now, so they're replacing him with this....

They've also had the rights to publish stories based on the Brigadier pulled by the rights holder due to the recent hiring scandal, but are still selling them anyway, the same with Faction Paradox.

BBV are fascinating because they're a holdover from the Wilderness Years that Big Finish have made irrelevant, but they still persist. It's hard to find out information about them online because everything is so fragmented and unclear, much like their semi-official Doctor Who content.

Their low budget films are interesting 90s relics, and its a shame its not easier to get hold of them (apparently Baggs has been trying to avoid paying Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant for about twenty odd years now...). What an odd company.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7104650183564184837

Doctor Hank and his ex, Jane.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Donna's gonna beat the poo poo out of that narrator for saying she was the Doctor's ex-girlfriend, then finally relent.... then belatedly realize they called her Jane and the beating will resume.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Weirdly, John Barrowman was a witness to the Berlin car incident today.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 9, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1534452674053083137?s=20&t=Fb1m-zHatg7FIE6tjk4izA

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Was this ever posted here? I feel it should be.

https://twitter.com/colinbell/status/990684574282928128

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/colinbell/status/990685025984184320

Wonderful :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve deleted Barrowman’s tweet because he’s gone a bit :byodood: IT WAS A TERRORISM despite nothing being confirmed yet.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Never
Listen
To
Barrowman

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve deleted Barrowman’s tweet because he’s gone a bit :byodood: IT WAS A TERRORISM despite nothing being confirmed yet.

My cynical side thinks that this is him trying to do something to get people to overlook the fact that he kept getting his dick out on set, regardless of whether people wanted to see it or not.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Chris is a good lad, even whilst the tabloids try to make him into a fellow chud.

https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1535124425535901697?s=21

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TinTower posted:

Chris is a good lad, even whilst the tabloids try to make him into a fellow chud.

https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1535124425535901697?s=21

Yeah, I saw that in a couple of places and there's basically nowhere that isn't reporting it the clickbait way, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
-

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 10, 2022