Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dang Ryan still looks pretty sharp for a 47 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

really queer Christmas posted:

Except when it comes to that young jogger neighbor.

Her rejection is why he moved to Indianapolis.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss Philip Rivers

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Never forget, Bryant Gumble was once a color commentator and easily the worst by a country mile.

it appears that they got the first down...

appears...

appears...

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Wrar posted:

I've never understood why they don't talk more about the strategy of the game, like so and so defense is running a 4-3 or whatever and how the other teams offense seems to match up etc. But you have to go on YouTube. TV broadcasts are remarkably shallow.

It's just what they've decided works. It was years ago but Chad Pennington tried announcing and hated it because they wanted him to dumb it down and he didn't know how to do their requested style.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

coaches get really pissed off about people talking about strategies and so on with specific plays, even when it's obvious. not kidding. they are children

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Panthers probably should have made a play for Matty ice imo

I agree

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

coaches get really pissed off about people talking about strategies and so on with specific plays, even when it's obvious. not kidding. they are children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Saleh

quote:

Born: January 31, 1979 (age 43)
Dearborn, Michigan

I give cavauro's post 4 pinnnocchios

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He's a man he's 40, he's not a kid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1531998835966365699

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that looks like the cover of a more expensive version to me, to make sure people pay more for the good one

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cavauro posted:

that looks like the cover of a more expensive version to me, to make sure people pay more for the good one

Yeah this is definitely the $80 version that comes with 5 additional Madden Ultimate Team card packs.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Does Madden also play all of the positions? That would be cool.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Feed a computer all the madden audio you've got and have him sing covers of all the licensed music in the game.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Does Madden also play all of the positions? That would be cool.

All-Madden Team means ALL MADDEN. Players, coaches, fans, announcers, cheerleaders.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Feed a computer all the madden audio you've got and have him sing covers of all the licensed music in the game.

Also music from older games. I want to hear AI John Madden trying to sing Aces High or Hammerhead.

Anyway, franchise mode still probably sucks, so bleh.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Did Madden do any new recordings for the series before his death? When was the last time he did actual voice work for the game?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Did Madden do any new recordings for the series before his death? When was the last time he did actual voice work for the game?

like 2009 IIRC

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

EA was able to splice audio from older recordings into a reasonable John Madden, however due to storage corruption, the only audio they had access to were Tinactin commercials.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Collinsworth could be announcing a child's spelling bee and he would still find ways to mention Brady.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

WalletBeef posted:

Collinsworth could be announcing a child's spelling bee and he would still find ways to mention Brady.

He is absolutely infuriating to listen to if you don't want to hear about how Brady or Rodgers is "so good" for three hours straight

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I swear he bet a ton of many on the Chiefs when they hosted the Bills on Sunday Night Football. He spent the entire second half thirsting for a Chiefs comeback that wouldn’t materialize until months later when it hurt a million times worse.
Loser.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Chris Collinsworth is excited about whatever is occurring on the field at the precise time he’s talking.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I swear he bet a ton of many on the Chiefs when they hosted the Bills on Sunday Night Football. He spent the entire second half thirsting for a Chiefs comeback that wouldn’t materialize until months later when it hurt a million times worse.
Loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoWFfI_sX2M

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

EmbryoSteve posted:

they said that about chase as well

meh

This was also after he had like a 75% drop rate in the preseason. Just makes it appear even more ridiculous that people are freaking out in OTAs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think the only times I've ever really noticed announcers are Dennis Miller, Tony Romo giving actual interesting insights, and whatever piece of human garbage was fellating Matt Ryan saying things like "I wish I had a DVD of all his throws to watch" in a game against the Ravens when Roddy White kept committing uncalled opi

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

and whatever piece of human garbage was fellating Matt Ryan saying things like "I wish I had a DVD of all his throws to watch" in a game against the Ravens when Roddy White kept committing uncalled opi

This is a very particular and hilarious piece of beef from like 2010 or something. /salute to you, I have my own versions of this.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I remember that game and it was bullshit :argh:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a neat cape posted:

I miss Philip Rivers

but you have herbie

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

WalletBeef posted:

John Madden would invoke Brett Favre at any and all opportunities and he was usually right to do so.

I’m pretty sure I’ll always mentally read Favre’s name in Madden’s voice.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1531993134829289473?t=_zOAptVcvZGdgr1_-S_VIw&s=19

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

"I wish I had a DVD of all his throws to watch" in a game against the Ravens when Roddy White kept committing uncalled opi

He did this on every play, OP

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

JPrime posted:

but you have herbie

I didn't say I missed him playing for my team.

Just, yknow, being around

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

go to his kids' games

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Part of a longer thread, but:

https://twitter.com/drewdavenportff/status/1531800634818809856

I think this crosses directly over into sex trafficking, in which case it won't matter what Goodell does about it, it'll be in the FBI's hands.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh I've always maintained nothing will happen criminally with what I've seen so far, but uh if they have that evidence he might get got because yeaaaah

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The contract was drawn up taking in account the first 22 civil suits -- does a new suit change the contract situation? Since it'd be new and "unknown" information?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Nothing will come of it but a six game suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

The contract was drawn up taking in account the first 22 civil suits -- does a new suit change the contract situation? Since it'd be new and "unknown" information?

His contact was designed to protect him this year. Next year is when he'd hurt