Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can't believe Captain Jack Sparrow shot Seth Rogans girlfriend from Pineapple Express dead on the toilet with a crossbow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Craptacular! posted:

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a goin use divorced dads as a monoculture.

It's like saying white people in reference to something dumb or racist. you know which ones we're talking about. Of course it's not divorced dads in general but the divorced dads that complain about women getting everything and turning their kids against them blah blah blah.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Bringing up "Women can be shitheads too" is like saying "Black people can be shitheads too" during the civil war. It does nothing but hurts the cause of the minorities fighting for their rights.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

The fact that a bunch of Republican media figures and conservative outlets are very happy right now should be an instant red flag

Primo username and post combo

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Come at the king you best not miss.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Yaldabaoth posted:

Bringing up "Women can be shitheads too" is like saying "Black people can be shitheads too" during the civil war. It does nothing but hurts the cause of the minorities fighting for their rights.

I thought we all agreed you were going to shut the gently caress up and get out

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

So you can never hold a member of a minority accountable?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1532082681290309635?t=dwg68YTfjWf4iDDhfDXLxA&s=19

https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/1532082607927791624?t=dwg68YTfjWf4iDDhfDXLxA&s=19

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Trial is over. Can we close the thread now?

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

I'm glad they both got millions of dollars, I bet they will both find happiness now :)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

Bringing up "Women can be shitheads too" is like saying "Black people can be shitheads too"

Yaldabaoth posted:

during the civil war

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

So you can never hold a member of a minority accountable?

Not when the supreme court is on the verge of outlawing abortion.

Edit: Women are actively fighting for their rights right now and saying "Women can be shitheads too" makes it harder for them to succeed.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 1, 2022

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Unlucky7 posted:

Who are you?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

lol, wtf kind of logic is this?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yaldabaoth posted:

Oh. It's satire or trolling. See I was concerned for a second you actually believed people are above criticism just because they are part of a group that is disadvantaged or a minority in some way. Because then nobody could face criticism, ever.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

Women are actively fighting for their rights. Pointing out that women can be shitheads too just makes it harder for people to sympathize with them and for their cause to succeed.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tell me how you don't believe in the concepts of nuance, without telling me you don't believe in the concept of nuance.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Tell me how you don't believe in the concepts of nuance, without telling me you don't believe in the concept of nuance.

News flash, republicans don't understand nuance either. So they're going to use this trial as proof that all women are horrible pieces of poo poo and justify their misogyny, and the republicans need to be shouted the gently caress down whenever they bring it up.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

Women are actively fighting for their rights. Pointing out that women can be shitheads too just makes it harder for people to sympathize with them and for their cause to succeed.

Setting up a minority as a paragon of virtue is counter to the end goals of equity and equality because it makes things worse for that minority when one of the members does screw up or does something wrong.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Yaldabaoth posted:

What should we say when a woman is being a shithead?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yaldabaoth posted:

News flash, republicans don't understand nuance either. So they're going to use this trial as proof that all women are horrible pieces of poo poo and justify their misogyny, and the republicans need to be shouted the gently caress down whenever they bring it up.

...They were going to do that anyway?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

"She was justified in doing so." Maybe? We'd better check with the thread expert.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Just seen some of Amber Heards testimony on the news for the first time.

She's a terrible actress.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

drat they found defamation #2 for Heard

Defecation #2 was right there!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Maybe don't shout it from the mountains at a time when women are in danger of losing their civil liberties? There's a time and place for everything.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Yaldabaoth posted:

Maybe don't shout it from the mountains at a time when women are in danger of losing their civil liberties? There's a time and place for everything.

yeah, the trial never would've made the news cycle if it hadn't been for the vehement debate on this trend-setting comedy forum. we have only ourselves to blame for the damage that amber heard blowback will do to women's reproductive rights.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Yaldabaoth posted:

Look pal, maybe if women would stop being so lovely about things all thr time then we could trust them with abortions, but as evidence of this case, we just cant right now

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Some people are way too eager and willing to chuck Johnny Depp into a volcano to appease the #MeToo gods

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Tarkus posted:

Amber Heard should be able to abuse her partners, then defame them and get away with it because else it reflects bad on all women so we should just sweep it under the carpet.

It's just really dumb logic.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The women in my family are in shambles they can't poop the bed anymore. The men are grateful for the reduced laundry budget.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
you will always remember this as the day that you almost caught captain jack sparrow

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

When Conan O'Brien starts up his new show, Amber Heard can be the new Triumph.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

women punching the air rn

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Super Jay Mann posted:

Some people are way too eager and willing to chuck Johnny Depp into a volcano to appease the #MeToo gods

wrong. i will throw him in a volcano because i saw secret window

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

:lol: This is poetic.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

yeah, the trial never would've made the news cycle if it hadn't been for the vehement debate on this trend-setting comedy forum. we have only ourselves to blame for the damage that amber heard blowback will do to women's reproductive rights.

I didn't say SA was responsible for the news cycle picking up the trial. Sidney asked me what you should say when a woman is being a shithead and my answer is "Don't constantly bring it up in an era when women's rights are under attack. Deal with it and move on".

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Unlucky7 posted:

Unfortunately, the thread has just begun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
For every woman being a shithead you dont bring up, im bringing up 3!!! :smug: