Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tales of Woe posted:

nothing, but there were 2 pharmacy ones in the past year already. at some point the distinctions blur and you just want the anime producers to please move on to a new trend

Fair point. Counter that the other two are much more fanatasy than his one which actually delves into the science of medicine. From general knowledge I have heard that the author actually DID work in pharmacy before writing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

sb hermit posted:

gits 2045 season 2 turned out to be decent (seeing as how I watched it to the end) but not a solid recommendation.

2045 didn't manage to quite hit the writing chops of SAC in general and there were some odd moments out (mostly in Section 9 being more vicious than they've ever been before in SAC,) but it wasn't too far off, either. For someone whose favorite anime of all time is SAC and thinks basically every other version of GitS loving sucks (including the movies,) 2045 was All Right.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

doomrider7 posted:

What's wrong with the isekai about a modern day pharmacist bringing affordable medical care, improved medical practices, and technologies(all within realistic)reason to people in pseudo Renaissance France?

Is this the one where he can make modern drugs and other substances out of thin air because of his isekai cheat skill?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's okay. despite the mc having magic medical powers, most of the focus is on modernizing medicine practices via education.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Srice posted:

It was ages ago but I remember following it early on while it was still ongoing and stalling around the halfway point, then trying again years after it wrapped up and stalled around halfway in too. I still have no idea why since I certainly wasn't having a bad time with it or anything and could easily see why it hooked folks! Sometimes I just get weird about stuff like that.

If it makes you feel better, I had the same experience when I picked it up a few months ago. It really seemed to drag about halfway, but I pushed through and it was just...ok. It was decent, though far too heavy on the sadness and ultimately not something I'll ever care to reread.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

doomrider7 posted:

What's wrong with the isekai about a modern day pharmacist bringing affordable medical care, improved medical practices, and technologies(all within realistic)reason to people in pseudo Renaissance France?
because he has god powers. it feels like if ascendence of a bookworm gave main special god powers that allow her to create paper out of thin air and also photogenically remember entire books and write at blinding speeds and also she wasn't sick. of course it's not a clone or inspired by bookworm, i'm only saying that bookworm was interesting to me for the reasons that this show isn't. it's more interesting when the odds are stacked against someone than when it's pure wish fulfillment (tbc, bookworm is wish fulfillment too, it's just more satisfying because she starts from such a lovely place)

other stuff:

eternal boys - could be interesting or be in the red flag zone... i wish it was middle age workin' ladies though instead of dudes

yurei deco - yes absolutely. science saru and a plot that is "based" on huckleberry finn in the same way evangelion is "based" on the bible. put it on the board. (watched the trailer, gently caress yes, art looks great)

yakuza's guide to babysitting - i'm a sucker for parenting shows. although the character designs are uninspired, i wish it wasn't just a bunch of pretty boys, where are the gruff yakuza guys?? (watched the trailer, this one of all the ones i watched seems to still have the problem i mention at the bottom of my post, saw some wonky faces, and close-ups that look weird because they keep the linework too thin, it bothers me, i know it doesn't bother anyone else but it bothers me! aside from that, it looks fine, gonna be the 'heartwarming' type and i'm fine with that)

lycoris recoil - the premise feels kind of like a 2000s comedy like ramen fighter miki, also it's a-1 pictures so i'm curious. (checked the trailer though and it seems like it's more down to earth and gentle in its execution. still interested though, production values look good)

fuuto tantei - hell yes. kamen rider + detective + monsters + intrigue, and it's by the super cub studio. series composition by revue starlight writer. 100% (watched the trailer, lookin' solid)

bucchigire - can't really tell if this is gonna be more action or more intrigue. of geno studios' other works i've only seen golden kamuy which is a mixed bag in terms of production. (ok, watched the trailer... unlike what i mention at the bottom of this post, this studio's not concerned with a 'clean' look and is going for thick tapering inkwork which is nice. unfortunately the action shots of the trailer look pretty bad and unexciting which is probably not a good sign from a PV)

teppen - series composition by the writer of rakugo shinju and it's about osakan comedy acts, with a veteran director on board, i feel like this could be pretty solid/authentic (watched the trailer.. seems like a lower-budget show)

phantom of the idol - first, i love that there's an anime with an idol group called TINGS and this anime has an idol duo named ZINGS. i love this fact. as for this anime, a ghost possesses a lazy idol boy to fulfill her dream and improves the duo's popularity, sure why not. this is directed by the yuki yuna director, the writer's only got radiant to their name so.. IDK (watched the trailer... ok. um. the regular hand drawn animation mostly looks fine, but then they flip the 'CG' switch for the idol performances and it looks.... AWFUL. like... most mikumikudance animation is better than this. i am trying hard not to laugh at how bad the CG looks actually, lol. how do you gently caress that up so bad)

--

also i'm realizing what's bothered me about this year's shows so far in terms of their looks (or at least, some animes' look), it feels like anime are all gearing up for 4K/8K output but the studios aren't yet comfortable working at that large of field when it comes to the inking & painting, which is why the linework is so thin, and the features on faces are a lot floatier than they've been in previous years. a bit of a weird transitional growing pain situation. from the trailers i've watched though, it seems like some studios are figuring it out, the linework is no longer wafer-thin, faces are more consistent, characters pop better against the BGs.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 2, 2022

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

kirtar posted:

Is this the one where he can make modern drugs and other substances out of thin air because of his isekai cheat skill?

With the caveat that he actually HAS to know the chamical composition and envision it's molecular structure of said drug which still doesn't solve his underlying issue of being able to actually conventionally mass produce said drugs in a way that can be spread across the country and beyond.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

doomrider7 posted:

With the caveat that he actually HAS to know the chamical composition and envision it's molecular structure of said drug which still doesn't solve his underlying issue of being able to actually conventionally mass produce said drugs in a way that can be spread across the country and beyond.

So he can make FOOF, but he can't make novel drugs that didn't exist on Earth before he died.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kwyndig posted:

So he can make FOOF, but he can't make novel drugs that didn't exist on Earth before he died.

I would absolutely watch an isekai based on John Clark's Ignition!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm probably not gonna watch the vampire show by the dagashi kashi author but the song for the trailer is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJ_poZkdMY

e: also the teaser trailer and the official trailer, spaced 5 months apart, use mostly the same clips which seems like.. idk i hope production is going okay on that because otherwise i can only assume that they're having problems and don't have usable footage from later episodes to incorporate for an official PV. all the teasers i saw also look like they're from the first episode. hm. it's probably not THAT unusual but it is a little weird that they're not putting their best foot forward

watching more trailers..

- when will ayumu make his move: OK, i couldn't really get on board with teasing master takagi-san or nagatoro, but this seems more fun to me-- maybe partially because it's not bullying-focused, but also it feels closer to something like tonari no seki-kun. also i like the VA of urushi, looks like a first-time role?? series composition by snow white with the red hair writer.....hmmmmmm yes

- engage kiss: no. bad vibes. also wait this is an action show? lol. looks like some trashy trash

- isekai ojisan: not great vibes, dunno. don't necessarily wanna hear about an uncle talk about his romantic escapades in another world where he's in a younger body. weird. focus more on the adjustment to 2020s life imo

- the maid i hired is suspicious: BAD VIBES did not even bother watching the trailer

- lucifer & biscuit hammer: knowing nothing of the manga, the manga's art looks way more unique than the anime and the anime's linework looks really shaky. it's just a teaser pv but like, they show "action" shots that are just still drawings. does not look like a high quality adaptation

- black summoner: already heard 'master' seconds in, clicking out

- prima doll: oh this is KEY? the art seems a lot more generic than that. at least space their eyes five eyes apart or something!! seems like just some CGCT fluff but it's post-war robogirls or w/e. nah

- shine post: not really into idol anime so just looking at the animation. this one's interesting because it opts for more natural, flowing animation that sometimes looks pretty good, along the lines of bisque doll, but it also has some wonky art... i think i'll take the bad with the good though, they're putting some effort into this at least. i give them props for hand-animating dance sequences even if it's probably just for the training parts.

- extreme hearts: h..huh?? a singer joins a sports... team? but they play multiple sports?? why are they switching between baseball, basketball and soccer?? why are the balls superpowered?? huh?? they're also idols maybe? what's going on?? this is by the nanoha dude?? help

- smiles of the arsnotoria: i know nothing about this but at the beginning it sounds like she says "zoom zoom" so now i'm just thinking about those old mitsubishi ads

- chimimo: this looks really loving cute but it's a flash-animated show with cutesy kid show designs so it probably isn't getting picked up by anyone stateside

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 2, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm probably not gonna watch the vampire show by the dagashi kashi author but the song for the trailer is cool

Someone linked the full song on the last page and is apparently where the name of the manga comes from.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The 7th Guest posted:

- isekai ojisan: not great vibes, dunno. don't necessarily wanna hear about an uncle talk about his romantic escapades in another world where he's in a younger body
the uncle is about as romantic as a rock

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

the uncle is about as romantic as a rock
ok that's good. the trailer for w/e reason focused on him complaining about being ignored by a girl in the other world, with the punchline of "if you only knew about tsundere girls you'd have found your soulmate!!"

alright i think i watched all the trailers. gently caress, fuuto PI isn't until august :( i guess the earliest airing show that interests me is the yakuza babysitting show on july 7th

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fuuto PI is a sequel to Kamen Rider W from like ten years ago, so you should probably watch that one first.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

The 7th Guest posted:

ok that's good. the trailer for w/e reason focused on him complaining about being ignored by a girl in the other world, with the punchline of "if you only knew about tsundere girls you'd have found your soulmate!!"

I only read a few chapters, but I'm pretty sure that's the entire joke of the entire thing. The uncle was isekai'd into a generic modern isekai, but since he was from before those tropes existed he didn't understand what was expected of him, including taking the tsundere at face value and going "okay, bye" after she said she hated him. I'm not saying it's good (I stopped reading pretty quickly after all), but it's less about the romance and more about how he accidentally sidesteps any romance whenever it comes up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

quote:

A certain boy and girl in middle school became lovers, flirted with each other, disagreed on trivial things, became more frequently irritated with each other rather than excited... and ended up breaking up at graduation. And so the two of them, Mizuto Irido and Yume Ayai, wound up meeting each other in the most unexpected fashion.

"Isn't it obvious that I'm the elder brother?"
"Isn't it obvious that I'm the elder sister?"

The children of the partner of their parents' remarriage were ex-lovers?!

The former couple, mindful of their parent's feelings, decided on a "sibling rule" where the one who becomes conscious of the other as the opposite sex loses, but... When they encounter each other in the bathroom, commute to and from school together... along with the memories of the past and living under the same roof, just how do they disregard each other?!

:sickos:

This looks like such incredible garbage and I am so excited.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Natural 20 posted:

Wow this is like a pile of trash lit on fire and then pushed into the river to spread toxic gunk all over the city.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tales of Woe posted:

nothing, but there were 2 pharmacy ones in the past year already. at some point the distinctions blur and you just want the anime producers to please move on to a new trend

dogsicle posted:

i feel like that stuff can have the sort of savior aspect that at a baseline is often boring, and it can easily become offputting.

not sure what all the recent ones are, Slow Life seemed to hook mainly on having the goofy wolf girl and dancing. plus just going beyond what i would assume of a pharmacy with stuff like formulating dish detergent.

The other pharmacy isekai was The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent which was more romance/courtly drama than medical procedural, her pharmacy powers were pretty much just the setting's regular magical healing but stronger. Banished from the Hero’s Party and Monster Girl Doctor from 2020 were also pharmacy animes but they weren't isekai.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there was one a season or two back that was simply an isekai where a guy opened a pharmacy and sold regular earth pharmacy products to a fantasy world. it wasn't very interesting.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent surprisingly for the romance, I got caught up in which hot nobleman would she eventually date and once she picked a guy (but not dating yet) I was hooked because I wanted to see more slow burn romance, which is really unlike me.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Natural 20 posted:

the side pair with the ponytail girl have my support

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

I liked The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent surprisingly for the romance, I got caught up in which hot nobleman would she eventually date and once she picked a guy (but not dating yet) I was hooked because I wanted to see more slow burn romance, which is really unlike me.

That romance is burning so slowly I'm pretty sure its just rusting

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there was one a season or two back that was simply an isekai where a guy opened a pharmacy and sold regular earth pharmacy products to a fantasy world. it wasn't very interesting.

That one is technically an isekai, but the anime ignores it even harder than the manga. It was cute though

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

e: also the teaser trailer and the official trailer, spaced 5 months apart, use mostly the same clips which seems like.. idk i hope production is going okay on that because otherwise i can only assume that they're having problems and don't have usable footage from later episodes to incorporate for an official PV. all the teasers i saw also look like they're from the first episode. hm. it's probably not THAT unusual but it is a little weird that they're not putting their best foot forward

That's probably because the trailers are trying hard to sell the show as a saucy and edgy vampire love story and the manga is almost nothing like that. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Creepy Nuts

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

- when will ayumu make his move: OK, i couldn't really get on board with teasing master takagi-san or nagatoro, but this seems more fun to me-- maybe partially because it's not bullying-focused, but also it feels closer to something like tonari no seki-kun. also i like the VA of urushi, looks like a first-time role?? series composition by snow white with the red hair writer.....hmmmmmm yes

I like the manga and am looking forward to it. Should be a nice and comfy (but totally unambitious) romcom.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Lt. Lizard posted:

That's probably because the trailers are trying hard to sell the show as a saucy and edgy vampire love story and the manga is almost nothing like that. :v:
In fairness it's not that far off for the tone of the early chapters, but it's had a lot of arcs with different tones by this point.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Kwyndig posted:

If it existed in real world Earth in his time and he had knowledge of its existence, knew it's chemical formua and could envision the formula then he can basically spawn it in(much harder than it sounds since certain medicines have very complex formulas and he still needs to "prepare" them). I'm fairly certain the writer was a pharmacist or worked in the industry since they get a lot of stuff right about how chemistry and pharmacy developed from stuff like alchemy and apothecaries as well as getting the medicines and various conditions how they work right(at least to my knowledge).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9ZH_KwSWE

Tatami Time Machine Blues

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Excited for more tatami galaxy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kwyndig posted:

Wow this is like a pile of trash lit on fire and then pushed into the river to spread toxic gunk all over the city.

Hello Geoff Thew how do you like the forums?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

let's loving go, as the youths say

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

Excited for more tatami galaxy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i look forward to when it leaves disney+ jail a year from now

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hello Geoff Thew how do you like the forums?
i already know what shows are gonna be in geoff's next hottest trash video just from looking at synopses (the ex-girlfriend one, the isekai harem one). are there any good anime youtubers other than hazel, kenny lauerdale and kaizerbeams

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

there are no good seasonal anime youtubers if that is what you are looking for

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The 7th Guest posted:

i look forward to when it leaves disney+ jail a year from now

i already know what shows are gonna be in geoff's next hottest trash video just from looking at synopses (the ex-girlfriend one, the isekai harem one). are there any good anime youtubers other than hazel, kenny lauerdale and kaizerbeams

I wouldn't know, I'm not really an avid youtube watcher person.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Meh. Still generally have faith in Yuasa, but after Walk on Girl, which I could barely sit through, they're gonna have to basically win me back. It's hard to find the care for these characters and setting anymore, they had their narrative.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yuasa's not directing this, Shingo Natsume is. It's still Science Saru though.

E: Also it's not that Yuasa declined or doesn’t believe in the project, he is just taking a break now that Inu-Oh is done since he has basically been working nonstop for 5 years straight.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 2, 2022

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If you want a Yuasa thing this cour you'll wanna check out Youzerodeco or however it's supposed to be pronounced; it's listed as being conceptualized by Yuasa and Dai Sato, so he's got his fingers in there even if he's just not taking point on the actual animation production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Tales of Woe posted:

there are no good anime youtubers if that is what you are looking for