Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

priznat posted:

On PC Game Pass, anyone ever move a drive and have gamepass just find all the installed stuff?

Thankfully because they changed it to allow installs to wherever I have a secondary SATA SSD drive with my games on that (D:\XBoxGames) and I'm building a new PC and hoping I can just move the drive over and it will "just work" so I don't have to redownload a bunch of poo poo :haw:

on this note, I'm still not convinced Control ever uninstalled because it was before they let you see the file folders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hell yeah, latest console update lets you reveal hidden achievement details. About drat time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Isn't that cheating?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wish I could send Microsoft my series s and $200 for a series x

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

on this note, I'm still not convinced Control ever uninstalled because it was before they let you see the file folders

Ugh zombies!! So is it stuck in the windows app folder but unplayable since it left game pass? That's annoying if it still takes the space.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ZeeBoi posted:

Hell yeah, latest console update lets you reveal hidden achievement details. About drat time.

Sounds good if you are one who games without honour

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I downloaded crossfire x to see just how bad it actually is and it's really amazing in that respect. It's a worse in every way counter strike clone with xb1 graphics. There's not much interesting to say but what an incredible failure.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I downloaded crossfire x to see just how bad it actually is and it's really amazing in that respect. It's a worse in every way counter strike clone with xb1 graphics. There's not much interesting to say but what an incredible failure.

I got maybe 15 minutes out of it, the game really is the worst title to come out this year.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It's really bad. Not in a "boring video game" kind of way but in a "12 years old made this in unity for his 5 friends" kind of way. How was it even released in that state?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any 4 person local coop games good for a night with friends? Gamepass preferred but open to anything.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think Overcooked is on Game Pass.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Any 4 person local coop games good for a night with friends? Gamepass preferred but open to anything.

honestly? FIFA.
Timesplitters 3 also has 4 player.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rubber Bandits is a fun stupid brawler with up to 4 people local.

Gang Beasts is another but it seemed a little rough edges when I tried it.

Also Goat Simulator!

Oh Tetris effect says local co-op/multiplayer up to 4 but I'm not sure if that is a pass the controller thing or what.

priznat fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 2, 2022

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Fuzion Frenzy is really good

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

priznat posted:

Rubber Bandits is a fun stupid brawler with up to 4 people local.

Gang Beasts is another but it seemed a little rough edges when I tried it.

Also Goat Simulator!

Oh Tetris effect says local co-op/multiplayer up to 4 but I'm not sure if that is a pass the controller thing or what.

Tetris Effect has per controller co-op. It's pretty fun.

There's also Overcooked 2, and Totally Reliable Delivery Service. Sadly, Streets of Rage 4 just left.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s a couch co op sale at the moment in the EU store

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

AC Origins just got patched, should be for 60fps on Series (a 60fps PS5 patch just dropped as well).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

AC Origins just got patched, should be for 60fps on Series (a 60fps PS5 patch just dropped as well).

Is that the one where he tickles the targets with a feather as a visual metaphor for the killing blow?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Those Shadowrun games have been taunting me on that Coming Soon row for months now and I am sick of it

Evil Badman posted:

Sadly, Streets of Rage 4 just left.

loving crime imo

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It's Shantae's birthday and every God damned store is having a sale except the Xbox.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Is that the one where he tickles the targets with a feather as a visual metaphor for the killing blow?

That’s the one!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

That’s the one!

Classic creed

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sniper Elite 5 has some kind of neat stuff but man I don't care for the series. I think how it is fairly linear with obvious no-go zones (the commando can't hop a 3' high fence, wtf?!?) funnelling you in pretty obvious paths just makes me go urrrrrrgh BORING.

It is kind of fun getting a slo mo cutscene of a gas tank exploding next to a soldier who is in the midst of lighting a cig and then an xray view of the shrapnel pulping his innards though, all games should have that.

It's not *bad* it just doesn't click with me and never has for some reason.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

univbee posted:

i bought this back when i got my one x and never got around to playing it. maybe i should give it a try now

acksplode
May 17, 2004

priznat posted:

Sniper Elite 5 has some kind of neat stuff but man I don't care for the series. I think how it is fairly linear with obvious no-go zones (the commando can't hop a 3' high fence, wtf?!?) funnelling you in pretty obvious paths just makes me go urrrrrrgh BORING.

It is kind of fun getting a slo mo cutscene of a gas tank exploding next to a soldier who is in the midst of lighting a cig and then an xray view of the shrapnel pulping his innards though, all games should have that.

The guy refuses to walk up little sand dunes on the beach and it feels like taking a stubborn old dog on a walk. The lack of flexibility in how you interact with the environment definitely fucks up the open world, you can sense the intended paths everywhere. But sniping a cluster of dudes and then dealing with the aftermath is still pretty fun.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

priznat posted:

It took me playing it with kb/m for it to click. Each level is a Hitman-lite playing field of ‘how do I crush these losers in my favorite play style?’, which for me is save scrumming so I can blow off everyone’s testicles with my silenced pistol from 70 yards away.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did they give the ai better uh ai yet?
In 4 they dont use squad tactics at all and just trickle in to die in a pile

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Did they give the ai better uh ai yet?
In 4 they dont use squad tactics at all and just trickle in to die in a pile

It seemed a little more clever, I got caught up in the bunker and they were hunkered down waiting for me to make a move, but then they ended up charging in because otherwise they could just starve me out. Guess they didn't have grenades!

The real wild card is if you get a human opponent show up which could be pretty neat or insanely frustrating, I'm not sure yet

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
The real Game With Gold is when you claim both titles at once and then try to get to the download screen fast enough to cancel them both before the first one installs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

7lip posted:

The real Game With Gold is when you claim both titles at once and then try to get to the download screen fast enough to cancel them both before the first one installs.

Should get a cheevo for that

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

7lip posted:

:hai:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

7lip posted:

This.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

7lip posted:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Sony's state of play had some cool announcements. Resident Evil 4 Remake is launching March 2023, Street Fighter 6 coming sometime in 2023 as well and a bunch of former Dead Space devs are making an interesting horror game called The Callisto Protocol which launches December this year. All of these are coming to Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ic2z3_xp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmatvSIVaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW-r_7d-bhI

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Also Spider-Man is getting a PC port.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sf6 confirmed for series consoles. No xbox ones tho

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Street Fighter 6 won't be on Xbox One or One X but will be on Series S|X along with PS4/PS5/PC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

good. Let last gen die already

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Calisto started out as taking place in the pubg universe but they wisely pretended that didnt happen so i dont have high hopes. Ea's ds remake will probably be better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Ea's ds remake will probably be better

ehhhhhh