Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
In a coincidental and entirely unrelated event, the Tempe council members all have brand new sports cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well at least the city is already called Temp this time.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Well at least the city is already called Temp this time.

It's a three year lease and it'll become month to month after that.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
https://twitter.com/BudweiserCanada/status/1527730878146822144

https://twitter.com/dumoulin_nick/status/1532743350725533698

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What is up with that low effort signature though.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

In a coincidental and entirely unrelated event, the Tempe council members all have brand new sports cars.
Which will get repo'd in 6 months when someone "forgets" to pay the bill.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/g92nuck/status/1532736314277171202?s=21

miller for hughes + 2nd overall

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Did Atlanta even get a warning before

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Baba Oh Really posted:

It's going to happen now probably. The Tempe city council voted in favor of moving forward.

https://twitter.com/ArizonaCoyotes/status/1532591008436760576

Not a guarantee, only opens the door for negotiations as others have pointed out

Even if they get a deal done months from now they will forever be a trash organization lol

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Athletic on hypothetical Fiala-Islanders moves;

quote:

Would the Islanders be willing to offer something similar for Fiala? One would have to think that any potential trade between the two teams would start with the Islanders’ first-round pick in 2022. While the Islanders also have their 2023 first-rounder available to dangle, if I’m Guerin I’m asking for this year’s pick instead, considering that it’s likely to be the higher of the two at 13th.

But that, or the 2023 first-rounder, wouldn’t be enough to get it done. The Islanders would also have to throw in a young player or prospect.

Anthony Beauvillier would be a non-starter if only because of his $4.15 million salary-cap hit over the next two seasons. But what about Oliver Wahlstrom? The 21-year-old, a first-round pick in 2018, has one more year left on his entry-level deal, and although his 2021-22 season was disappointing, he’s still a player with all kinds of potential. Incidentally, Wahlstrom was taken by the Islanders in the draft in the same spot that Fiala was selected by Nashville in 2014, No. 11.

(Another coincidence, albeit more of an incidental one, is that while Wahlstrom was a frequent target of public criticism from then-coach Barry Trotz, Fiala was often the recipient of the same type of upbraiding from Wild coach Dean Evason).

So, the 13th pick and Wahlstrom for Fiala? Done deal?

Maybe not.

“That’s too rich for me,” said one pro scout. “Would rather just keep those assets and go sign a UFA with the money you’re saving, instead.”

And maybe it wouldn’t take a Wahlstrom-type level prospect to get it done. After all, the Blues were able to pry Pavel Buchnevich from the Rangers for only depth winger Sammy Blais and a second-round pick on July 23, 2021, in another comparable trade for a scoring winger.

If the Islanders are cool with letting go of their first-round pick this summer, perhaps adding someone like Aatu Raty — a nice prospect, but not a slam-dunk NHLer — to the package would push it over the finish line. That’s arguably a pretty fair deal for both sides.

Or, if the Wild insist on a player like Wahlstrom who they could plug into the lineup right away — possible, considering they are still a solid team — perhaps a second- or third-round pick would suffice

Opinion ripe for future mockery: Would much rather have Raty and a first than Wahlstrom and a second. Or than Wahlstrom and a first.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/lalimesmartian/status/1532737453416763393?s=21&t=HEh_uGqzAdwSdltwY2pCtw

-can you make the showers hot?
-a squirrel got in the vents and died during the 2017 ECF run, can you please remove it
-did you know some teams have more than one exercise bike?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Because Brunette didn't win the Jack Adams does that mean Florida can fire him and hire Trotz now?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/lalimesmartian/status/1532737453416763393?s=21&t=HEh_uGqzAdwSdltwY2pCtw

-can you make the showers hot?
-a squirrel got in the vents and died during the 2017 ECF run, can you please remove it
-did you know some teams have more than one exercise bike?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
can you trade for my brother

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Baba Oh Really posted:

It's going to happen now probably. The Tempe city council voted in favor of moving forward.

Is the league paying for a $1.9 billion arena? Is that what privately financed means?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Stiev Awt posted:

Is the league paying for a $1.9 billion arena? Is that what privately financed means?

It means money is coming from investors instead of the city/county/state

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

rip to those investors

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Baba Oh Really posted:

The simulated hockey in the clip is mesmerizing. The first shot at :50s looks okay, then it goes off the rails. Dark team's goalie comes out 15 feet from the crease(??), then in the next shot skaters enter and exit the zone simultaneously with no rhyme or reason. Two players from the same team skate directly at each other at full speed, then we cut to a concert right before the collision. At 1:02 the skaters amble about with little regard for the flow of play. I can't stop watching this.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Keith Mars posted:

The simulated hockey in the clip is mesmerizing. The first shot at :50s looks okay, then it goes off the rails. Dark team's goalie comes out 15 feet from the crease(??), then in the next shot skaters enter and exit the zone simultaneously with no rhyme or reason. Two players from the same team skate directly at each other at full speed, then we cut to a concert right before the collision. At 1:02 the skaters amble about with little regard for the flow of play. I can't stop watching this.

Yeah, the simulation of a real Coyotes' broadcast is incredibly realistic

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To me that seems like a standard night of hockey for the Coyotes.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I appreciate the energy in the video, like it was made by someone with a longing to see a hockey game.

After only hearing rough descriptions.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Stiev Awt posted:

The Coyotes barely pay thier own players, where are they getting 1.9 billion from?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

grack posted:

Yeah, the simulation of a real Coyotes' broadcast is incredibly realistic
:drat:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Coyotes barely pay thier own players, where are they getting 1.9 billion from?

Someone see what Elon's up to

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Gambling income.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1532846708295614466?s=21&t=ZRK4dOgVlENlgZn6FwFjUg

McAvoy and Marchand missing the first few months of the season, Bergy’s future up in the air…the Bruins are a huge question mark next year will be interesting to see what Sweeney does in the summer

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1532846708295614466?s=21&t=ZRK4dOgVlENlgZn6FwFjUg

McAvoy and Marchand missing the first few months of the season, Bergy’s future up in the air…the Bruins are a huge question mark next year will be interesting to see what Sweeney does in the summer

they're gonna punt a season, get Bedard, bring Bergeron and Krejci back, and force ThinkTank into an unspeakable act: finally becoming the IRL Joker rooting for the Leafs in their inevitable 23-24 first-round exit to the Bedard-led Bruins.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Paracaidas posted:

I appreciate the energy in the video, like it was made by someone with a longing to see a hockey game.

After only hearing rough descriptions.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/CoachTimHobbs/status/1532418242421084160?s=20&t=NUenNVbF1UbCV7uoWersLg

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bergerons future is unclear, Marchand out 6 months, and now McAvoy out 6 months. Gonna be a bad year in Boston. Pastrnak is a UFA afterwards too. On the plus side, they have their 2023 first rounder. It would be very funny if they stunk one year, somehow got Bedard, and then immediately became relevant again.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Bruins have tons of expiring contracts this year, too. They have the potential for a reload by trading those guys for picks/prospects, but Bergeron and Marchand are going to be hard to replace and I'm not sold on a team led by a 37-year-old and a 35-year-old coming off of double hip surgery.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Would honestly make a lot of sense for Marchand to sit out all or most of the season and Bergeron to "retire" so they can make a run at Bedard. If it doesn't work out and they end up on the playoff fringe in the terrible Atlantic come March, Marchand can come off LTIR and Bergeron can have a change of heart.

Meanwhile, I am absolutely loving blown away that the Maple Leafs are apparently just going to run it back with Keefe. Enjoy YOUR 2022-2023 Toronto Maple Leafs: exactly the same as the last four years!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Bergerons future is unclear, Marchand out 6 months, and now McAvoy out 6 months. Gonna be a bad year in Boston. Pastrnak is a UFA afterwards too. On the plus side, they have their 2023 first rounder. It would be very funny if they stunk one year, somehow got Bedard, and then immediately became relevant again.

I think the only team that people would be more upset to see Bedard go to would be the Penguins.

Looking at how the Pens played to start this year though I wouldn't be digging the Bruins' grave just yet. Pens stayed afloat without Crosby/Malkin. Bruins can do the same. Cassidy is a good coach and they play a disciplined system.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Ginette Reno posted:

I think the only team that people would be more upset to see Bedard go to would be the Penguins.

Looking at how the Pens played to start this year though I wouldn't be digging the Bruins' grave just yet. Pens stayed afloat without Crosby/Malkin. Bruins can do the same. Cassidy is a good coach and they play a disciplined system.

Edmonton

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Chicago, with everything they've done, would be worse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toronto would be worse, but it would take a pretty dramatic collapse for that to happen and they're not known for those.

Anyway don't worry, a struggling Boston would just swap their first at the deadline for like... Adam Henrique.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/1533093941322518529?s=21&t=0XcSvfSTdxDM7ZeZXWB6ZA

Habs want to know if you’re a toilet 50 type of player (we all are)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would take both and have $60

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Imagine asking all these hosed up questions to gauge a players character and then drafting a sex criminal with your first rounder lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

yyuuuuuppppp

I could see them moving their pick though in a misguided attempt to make a cup run before Draisaitl's contract comes up for renewal.. They are in a position right now where they almost have to move out futures to elevate their team.