Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

NikkolasKing posted:

They even got one of the singers from the original anime from the 89s to reprise her role in this American dub in the 2000s
still fuming

anyway, the *other* BoA just did an official release of one of the best remixes of Duvet from back in the day:

https://boa.ffm.to/duvetscummvrmx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Ardeem posted:

We need more shows where the protagonist's super power is just coding really fast.

Geneshaft was basically the story of rapidly iterating code patches in a live production environment.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ardeem posted:

We need more shows where the protagonist's super power is just coding really fast.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Ardeem posted:

my dude, have you heard of Masamune Shirow?!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

marumaru posted:

i for one appreciate all the feedback received from the thread, i'd never have stopped liking these artists if the thread didn't let me know they were bad
larry's a moron and the thread's new grouchio, but at least he's not being a whiny motherfucker like this. you're so aggrieved lmao :qq:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WxJECOFg8w

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ardeem posted:

have fun with battle programmer shirase

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this is a joke do not have fun with battle programmer shirase (except for the op and ed for which you have my permission)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TenementFunster posted:

my dude, have you heard of Masamune Shirow?!

Big fan of his current stuff

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Sakurazuka posted:

Big fan of his current stuff
mods! (probably?)

also can’t wait to see all my friends at my local showings of Macross Frontier: The False Songstress and The Wings of Goodbye

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

this is a joke do not have fun with battle programmer shirase (except for the op and ed for which you have my permission)

Ai wa pure enough

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ardeem posted:

I'm imagining two characters, one is a guy with a multi-necked guitar but it's a pair of keyboards and the other's guy got Sundowner's shield apparatus of keyboards. Actually, all three of the MGR cyborgs would be great super hackers.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_wd9Qf0IE

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
im rewatching stand alone complex :cheerdoge:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

have fun with battle programmer shirase

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Shinjobi posted:

If I can derive some kinda twisted, idiotic enjoyment out of Banana Phone in 2022 I don't see why people can't just like whatever the heck they want.

Because that would mean other people wouldn't be allowed to be judgmental, and that, as you know, is an impossibility due to the human condition.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

pouring one out for origa

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I should do that myself, its been a few years since I last watched the whole thing

Enjoy :cheers:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AlternateNu posted:

Because that would mean other people wouldn't be allowed to be judgmental, and that, as you know, is an impossibility due to the human condition.

Aw dang my bad!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

kirbysuperstar posted:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

To be fair, Suddenly was definitely an earworm for me at the time.

I'm going to rewatch Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. :cool:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

suddenly and pure enough are, far better than bps deserves

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Rewatchin SAC is what got me a lil bored of super typing(I like 2nd Gig a lil less relative to the first season every time. Solid State Society is more like it, back to the compelling spookiness of that first show, plus it brought back this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_YE70Nr--Y ), and it made apparent how Psycho-Pass came to take over the 2010's so hard.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

kirbysuperstar posted:

noooooo :(

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Ardeem posted:

maidragon

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

but can he hack into central dogma in 30 seconds while getting a blowjob?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gits 2 Innocence is the one where it has that amazing shot of the guy's fingers splitting into thirty mini digits so he can do the super typing right? Still haven't seen that film but I think the scene was in an ancient amv.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Did anyone else catch the streaming concert near the beginning of global lockdown where Yoko Kanno played a piano medley duet with an Origa hologram?

I'm about 95% sure it was a crazy fever dream, but that's 2020 for you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

larry's a moron and the thread's new grouchio, but at least he's not being a whiny motherfucker like this. you're so aggrieved lmao :qq:

i don't know who that is but I have the feeling I should be pissed at the comparison

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I just watched the first episode of Gurren Lagann set after the big timeskip, and I'm getting real Last Airbender --> Legend of Korra vibes. I'm glad this show improved after such a dire start, but I hope Yoko finally gets something to do.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

surf rock posted:

I just watched the first episode of Gurren Lagann set after the big timeskip, and I'm getting real Last Airbender --> Legend of Korra vibes. I'm glad this show improved after such a dire start, but I hope Yoko finally gets something to do.

i have bad news

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

surf rock posted:

:smith:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

homeless snail posted:

This is a more brutal own on Larry than everything I saw him being made fun of on Imp Zone for the last 5 years

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

homeless snail posted:

larry's ... the thread's new grouchio,

That's just cruel.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's just cruel.

Yeah. Larry may be annoying at times, but he ain't no Grouchio.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Why is Kingdom so highly rated on MAL when its CGI looks like dookie? It's not even saving it for the "obviously way too expensive to animate" scenes.

Wait a min, I see some non CGI animations in the intro. Did... Did... They actually make the first scene of the anime god awful CGI to absolutely ruin the first impressions? Someone deserves to be fired over that.

... And we're back to terrible CGI.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 4, 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SweetBro posted:

Why is Kingdom so highly rated on MAL when its CGI looks like dookie? It's not even saving it for the "obviously way too expensive to animate" scenes.

Wait a min, I see some non CGI animations in the intro. Did... Did... They actually make the first scene of the anime god awful CGI to absolutely ruin the first impressions? Someone deserves to be fired over that.

... And we're back to terrible CGI.

It's solid material for a fairly niche subject matter. Looks like poo poo, but I found that I got used to it pretty quickly, and the CGI pretty much disappears after S1.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/teo_piko/status/1532744857243906048

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Severance, gently caress ending shows on cliffhangers! At least it's definitely getting a second season.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

i don't know who that is but I have the feeling I should be pissed at the comparison
every chat thread needs a mascot, its an honor really