Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

i say swears online posted:

https://twitter.com/Jake_Kanter/status/1532715805384884225

in which the queen meets some proper american small-r republicans

Who is he, just in case I run into this American couple, and they show me their holiday pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/GregClinker/status/1532474122831290377?t=ZnfwglDxe05gVVgDtyU5ow&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dead Goon posted:

Who is he, just in case I run into this American couple, and they show me their holiday pics?

Duke Rumpel-Dorne of Rutland-by-the-Sea

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

(Arnold Rimmer voice) Three years long service...

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My company went through a weird period of handing out plastic button badges for 1, 5, 10 years service etc for a while. Same energy as those stupid medals the Royal family wear.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I was going to post his military titles but a look at the wiki page and it's just a crazy long list so I stuck to his non-military titles.

His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Chester, Earl of Carrick, Earl of Merioneth, Baron of Renfrew, Baron Greenwich, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Red Crow of Alberta, Leading Star of Manitoba, The Son of the Big Boss of Nunavut, The Sun Looks at Him in a Good Way in Saskatchewan, The Helper of the Cows of Tanzania, The number one child belonging to Mrs Queen of Papua New Guinea, High Chief of Vanuatu, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The Queen, Great Master and Principal Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Knight of the Order of Australia, Extra Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Companion of the Order of Logoho, Member of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Grand Commander of the Order of the Lion of Malawi, Honorary Companion of the Order of the Star of Ghana, Honorary Companion of the Order of Freedom of Barbados, Command Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose of Finland, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown, Grand Cross of the Order of the Oak Crown, Knight of the Order of the Elephant, Knight of the Most Glorious Order of the Ojaswi Rajanya, Knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim, Grand Cross of the Order of the Southern Cross, Grand Cross with Collar of the Order of St Olav, Grand Cross and Collar of the Order of the Republic, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Orange-Nassau, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Legion of Honour, Order of al-Khalifa 1st class, Collar of the Order of Merit, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Carlos III, King Abdul Aziz Order of Merit 1st class, Order of Mubarak the Great 1st class, Sash of the Special Category of the Order of the Aztec Eagle, Commander of the Order of Agricultural Merit and Grand Cross of the Order of the Star of Romania.

gently caress these cursed isles.

edit: His Tanzanian title translates literally as "he whom the cows love so much they call for him when they are in times of distress".

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
the whole list is bad but somehow him having african and first nations titles is particularly insulting

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle

These read like a toddler made them up

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tom Smykowski posted:

That's easy to explain. Thistle is Scotland's national flower, & the Order is a Scotland's top chivalric honour, and for an ancient order dates back not that far really, after the English Civil War & Restoration lol

Though they like to kid on it traces back to King Angus's forces beating up some Anglo army after a weak copy of the battle of the Milvian Bridge: a St Andrews cross appeared in the sky & was taken as a sign from God. Nothing the toffs like more than pretending to be part of some illustrious ancient group, except noncing, they probably like that more

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

josep tito has a higher rank of the Sash of the Special Category of the Order of the Aztec Eagle than charles

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

i say swears online posted:

josep tito has a higher rank of the Sash of the Special Category of the Order of the Aztec Eagle than charles

that means Charles has to bottom in their annual orgies

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tom Smykowski posted:

gonna start phrasing my steam achievements like this so everyone knows how important and cool I am

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tom Smykowski posted:

Ck3 rear end country

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

John Charity Spring posted:

the whole list is bad but somehow him having african and first nations titles is particularly insulting

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

If nothing else it feels like they've missed the opportunity for some laughs

Most Senior Brother of the Great Nonce
Knight of the Order of the Splendid Sosage Fingies
Most Excellent and Ruthless Wife Murderer

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

also "translating" his title from Tok Pisin to bad English

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's just peer pressure. if royals didn't cover themselves in pathetic fake medals then the tapeworms would look down on them.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Note specifically #6

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gschmidl posted:

Note specifically #6

well? what did he do?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Ck3 rear end country

there should have been more successful invasions after 1066

sometimes i've seen British posters use 'having so much history' as an own against Americans, but I think having so much is why we're so hosed up. Just an unending lineage of utter poo poo.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Regarde Aduck posted:

there should have been more successful invasions after 1066

sometimes i've seen British posters use 'having so much history' as an own against Americans, but I think having so much is why we're so hosed up. Just an unending lineage of utter poo poo.

I wholeheartedly agree.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

bedpan posted:

well? what did he do?

Absolutely nothing, of course.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
he got those for being his mother's most special boy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

with Sharika suddenly being single again...

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/821467090917978122?s=20&t=wV-gEYPsoZGlkmQH9esZIw

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I was going to post his military titles but a look at the wiki page and it's just a crazy long list so I stuck to his non-military titles.

His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Chester, Earl of Carrick, Earl of Merioneth, Baron of Renfrew, Baron Greenwich, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Red Crow of Alberta, Leading Star of Manitoba, The Son of the Big Boss of Nunavut, The Sun Looks at Him in a Good Way in Saskatchewan, The Helper of the Cows of Tanzania, The number one child belonging to Mrs Queen of Papua New Guinea, High Chief of Vanuatu, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The Queen, Great Master and Principal Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Knight of the Order of Australia, Extra Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Companion of the Order of Logoho, Member of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Grand Commander of the Order of the Lion of Malawi, Honorary Companion of the Order of the Star of Ghana, Honorary Companion of the Order of Freedom of Barbados, Command Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose of Finland, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown, Grand Cross of the Order of the Oak Crown, Knight of the Order of the Elephant, Knight of the Most Glorious Order of the Ojaswi Rajanya, Knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim, Grand Cross of the Order of the Southern Cross, Grand Cross with Collar of the Order of St Olav, Grand Cross and Collar of the Order of the Republic, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Orange-Nassau, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Legion of Honour, Order of al-Khalifa 1st class, Collar of the Order of Merit, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Carlos III, King Abdul Aziz Order of Merit 1st class, Order of Mubarak the Great 1st class, Sash of the Special Category of the Order of the Aztec Eagle, Commander of the Order of Agricultural Merit and Grand Cross of the Order of the Star of Romania.

gently caress these cursed isles.

edit: His Tanzanian title translates literally as "he whom the cows love so much they call for him when they are in times of distress".

I get that a few hundred years ago this had a use to keep good relations with a king that might declare war on you. When you don't have that power anymore it becomes as meaningful as my 4 year olds' friend book she passes around her class. It's so pathetic.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

bedpan posted:

well? what did he do?

Some sick operations involving a tunnel and a car

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

genericnick posted:

Some sick operations involving a tunnel and a car

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Knitting Beetles posted:

I get that a few hundred years ago this had a use to keep good relations with a king that might declare war on you. When you don't have that power anymore it becomes as meaningful as my 4 year olds' friend book she passes around her class. It's so pathetic.

Rude. I think your daughter's friend book is probably charming.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Shakira was also big mates with Gabriel García Márquez. Maybe she just really likes old dudes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol the state of this article

https://twitter.com/thecrowalights/status/1533195631250092034?t=iUqBKCRStr6svsLUvtG2pg&s=19

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They should slip some dark souls titles in there.

Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The Queen, Great Master and Principal Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Knight of the Order of Australia, Soul of the Blood of the Wolf, Extra Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Companion of the Order of Logoho,

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the OM is pretty cool. a few deserving engineers and science people, some artists, David Attenborough, then the former prime ministers of canada and australia, and the 4th baron of Rothschild. Nelson Mandela has one, but it's honourary, and not included in the 24.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Incredible

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/mrmikecowan/status/1533164454057332736?s=21&t=ABcsLmeE9PhLQROIByMYmA

Wwhat to heck

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol nobody who he's appealing to with these tweets will ever vote labour

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1533357966757441537?t=XEeCKKPnAfniMNAzRk0Fog&s=19

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Jose posted:

Lol nobody who he's appealing to with these tweets will ever vote labour

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1533357966757441537?t=XEeCKKPnAfniMNAzRk0Fog&s=19

I told some friends last night that I have left the party, my reasoning behind it, and where I see the party is now and will be in the future.

In there I stated that the strategy Keith is pursuing is one of demotivating the tory voter instead of enthusing his own and this tweet is a perfect example.

It is him virtue signalling to the tory voter ia is safe NOT to vote tory as Labour are basically the same thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1533378186628800512?t=ZzVAZBk8EVgk65WBaijpmg&s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

notaspy posted:

I told some friends last night that I have left the party, my reasoning behind it, and where I see the party is now and will be in the future.

In there I stated that the strategy Keith is pursuing is one of demotivating the tory voter instead of enthusing his own and this tweet is a perfect example.

It is him virtue signalling to the tory voter ia is safe NOT to vote tory as Labour are basically the same thing.

Even more depressing. It'll probably work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Communist Thoughts posted:

Even more depressing. It'll probably work

It'll work in the sense that getting Biden elected worked i.e. suddenly dumping all the problems of late capital in the Dems lap while they are unable and unwilling to solve them

Like, at least New Labour promised to do, and actually did some stuff like fund schools and hospitals (do not ask how they got this funding)