Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Thom Yorke raps posted:

Anyone have a good list of budget reanimation targets? Like, under ten bucks, I'm black /green /white /blue
But especially black

If you're on a budget, you might want to consider going less than four colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

Gynovore posted:

If you're on a budget, you might want to consider going less than four colors.

I have three different decks that are black/x and could use some reanimation targets. And I'm not on a super budget, I just don't wanna spend 40-50$ on things to reanimate

Thanks for the suggestions everyone ☺️

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bust Rodd posted:

Turns out all the airlines that dropped mask mandates have a huge staffing shortage

You're saying this as if any of the U.S. based carriers are still mandating them. I'm pretty sure the only exception to this is some carriers still require masks on international flights which go to countries who still have mandates in place.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Thom Yorke raps posted:

I have three different decks that are black/x and could use some reanimation targets. And I'm not on a super budget, I just don't wanna spend 40-50$ on things to reanimate

Thanks for the suggestions everyone ☺️

I always enjoy reanimating Void Winnower, which is colorless and looks like you can get it for around :10bux:. Annoying for your opponents, and has a decent body.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
How do folks usually play werewolves in Commander? Do you keep a proxy deck on the side? That way, you don’t have to unsleeve your cards for the day-night cycle flips?

I suspect the answer is, “lol, memorize what they do when they're flipped.” I want to see the cool wolf art, though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I double sleeve and I just pull the card out and have it do the thing.

Same for the other modal cards, and eldrazi infected transformation cards that make BIG cards.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Jiro posted:

I double sleeve and I just pull the card out and have it do the thing.

Same for the other modal cards, and eldrazi infected transformation cards that make BIG cards.

Lol, those awful Meld cards?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

JackDarko posted:

How do folks usually play werewolves in Commander? Do you keep a proxy deck on the side? That way, you don’t have to unsleeve your cards for the day-night cycle flips?

I suspect the answer is, “lol, memorize what they do when they're flipped.” I want to see the cool wolf art, though.

I put a proxy in the deck and the card sleeved in transparent on the side. Then I swap as soon as I play the card.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Lol, those awful Meld cards?

I won't hear slander against Hanweir, the Writhing Township or Chittering Horde

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Silhouette posted:

I won't hear slander against Hanweir, the Writhing Township or Chittering Horde

Oh, I meant awful 'cause you gotta push two cards together to make one big one, Big Furry Monster-style.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I fail to see what's awful about combining two cards together to make a massive card with larger art therefore is a larger threat. :colbert:

Literal Voltron poo poo.

Hanweir, the Writhing Township and the congealed form of those two angels into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares, horrifically awesome.

Hey since Hanweir, Writhing Township is an ooze are there red cards to synergize in making a Gruul ooze tribal deck?

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 4, 2022

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

We need those cards that fold out to triple the size like Cardfight Vanguard or whatever.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I pull my flip cards out and flip them

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm retooling my Queza deck, could I get suggestions on cards to get poo poo in my graveyard back into my library?

Suggestions on cool poo poo to put in my Beamtown Bullies deck wood be appreciated too, but it's far from ready

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm retooling my Queza deck, could I get suggestions on cards to get poo poo in my graveyard back into my library?

Why do you want this? Your graveyard is typically where you want cards.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Queza deals an opponent a damage and gives me life when you specifically draw a card, I wanna try to just draw and discard a fuckton and just do that a whole lot, haha

Edit: Beamtown Bullies wants creatures in the graveyard though so cards that do that are a welcome rec too! :sax:

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 4, 2022

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Take one elixir of immortality and call in the morning.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Elixir is good. You can also take Ulamog or Kozilek and you'll never mill yourself out.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That's the jam, thanks!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Queza deals an opponent a damage and gives me life when you specifically draw a card, I wanna try to just draw and discard a fuckton and just do that a whole lot, haha

Edit: Beamtown Bullies wants creatures in the graveyard though so cards that do that are a welcome rec too! :sax:

Mulch, Grisly Salvage, Winding Way, Gather the Pack, and Commune with the Gods will let you look at four or five cards and put the rest in your graveyard. Eater of Days, Leveler, Inverter of Truth are all good targets for the bullies. Soulgorger Orgg and Worldgoger Dragon need you to either steal them back before they leave the battlefield (Homeward Path) or for you to kill them with their ETB trigger on the stack to really bone someone. Phyrexian Negator is a cute way to try to make someone sacrifice a whole bunch of permanents.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Excellent, thanks! I have Phyrexian Negator and am excited to make people hate me with it lol

Does BB's ability trigger ETB's?

I'm also trying to look for weird cards that trigger during upkeep as well, cause that'd be a fun kind of twist on BB's ability.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Excellent, thanks! I have Phyrexian Negator and am excited to make people hate me with it lol

Does BB's ability trigger ETB's?

I'm also trying to look for weird cards that trigger during upkeep as well, cause that'd be a fun kind of twist on BB's ability.

Upkeep triggers wouldn't work with the bullies unless they trigger on every upkeep. You have to give them the creatures on their turn (too late to trigger upkeep abilities), and if you give them the creature at the beginning of their end step, they'll just lose the creature at the beginning of the next turn's end step (meaning it won't make it back around in time to trigger on upkeep). And yes, BB giving someone a creature puts it into play, so ETBs trigger.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Couldn't I use the BB's ability in response to a player's untap phase so whatever I gave them could have the upkeep trigger? That's what I was thinking.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Johnny Truant posted:

Couldn't I use the BB's ability in response to a player's untap phase so whatever I gave them could have the upkeep trigger? That's what I was thinking.

No. There's no priority in the Untap step.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Darn! Thanks for the clarification then, before I built part of the deck around that, lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah if there are no triggered abilities making things weird, players get priority in the end step and then in the next turn's upkeep step with nothing in between.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Midnight Clock? Phyrexian Etchings?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Johnny Truant posted:

Suggestions on cool poo poo to put in my Beamtown Bullies deck wood be appreciated too, but it's far from ready

You could use the blue sorceries that are basically weaker versions of timetwister: Commit// Memory ; Echo of Eons ; Emergency Powers ; Game Plan ; Midnight Clock ; Temporal Cascade ; Time Reversal ; Time Spiral ; Obviously timetwister if you have 15k laying around. ; there's also windfall and tolarian winds

The downside to this plan is you are giving your opponents card draw, but you can punish them for it with Fate Unraveler, Underworld Dreams and Ob Nixilis, the Hate-twisted.

Since you're going to be having creatures go into and out of graveyards you could run Syr Konrad and also Bloodchief Ascension.

Skirge Familiar and Oloro will let you draw out your deck if you want.

Here's an attempt at a conquest version of Queza: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/qZxO64-FPkON8NQ3VJ2rSg

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah if there are no triggered abilities making things weird, players get priority in the end step and then in the next turn's upkeep step with nothing in between.

This is what happens no matter what, they changed it so you can't have triggers during the untap. Cards like Seedborn Muse aren't triggers anymore.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jiro posted:

Hanweir, the Writhing Township and the congealed form of those two angels into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares, horrifically awesome.

I just wish Gisela/Bruna had Partner so I could play them together.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Johnny Truant posted:

Psychic spiral isn't as slick as elixir, but it's very fun when someone has milled your library and thinks they have you dead on your draw step. It's instant speed, so you can play it in your upkeep after you've untapped and then throw your graveyard's worth of mill back at the offender. I hate that it's overpriced mana-wise, but I really enjoy having my "no-u" card when mill is in the meta.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 5, 2022

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

Tempting Wurm can also be good with Bullies

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
What do y’all want me to yell at the CAG today

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Balon posted:

"If you can't twist Sheldon's arm to ban dockside extortionist, change nothing, EDH is the best it's ever been"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Balon posted:

“Why is Rofellos still banned when there are now multiple commanders who do the same thing he does but better and without only having to run forests? What does he represent and how is he somehow more threatening or more deserving of a ban than Kinnan or Magda? What is the absolute scariest thing someone could even do with Rofellos?”

It’s seriously my Eternal Mystery! I feel like I really understand and internalize every other ban quite easily, because I’ve basically played with all of these cards, I’ve experienced all of this bullshit first hand, and Rofellos just literally isn’t on the same scale of bullshit or acceleration that we already have, you have to actively be playing Mono-G Mono-Forests in order to get… 6 mana on Turn 3? Potentially Turn 2 with a PERFECT 7? What is the deal here?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Thank you to everyone for all the tips and tricks for Queza/BB! What exactly does "conquest Queza" mean, though?

Balon posted:

"You should all be playing Canadian Highlander! You fools! You foooooooools!"

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Balon posted:

Unban Thassa's Oracle :sickos:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Don't ban Dockside he's the only reason my Vazi deck works

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Balon posted:

Having a list of not banned cards they tell Wizards not to reprint because they're too mean is completely asinine and only serves to price people out of the format. They should be using whatever leverage they have to get Wizards to reprint the most expensive non-Reserved List cards as frequently as possible especially in precons, regardless of their personal feelings regarding those cards.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 5, 2022

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Balon posted:

At what point in the Rule 0 discussion is it appropriate to discuss banning entire colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Reprint Jeweled Lotus at common.