Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Epic High Five posted:

what about training wheels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

what about train wheels

hmm..... WOW. will have to endure them for now but in the future trains will be mag lev? ???

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

think i'm gonna try out roller skates as a form of transit. the science exists but the culture just isn't there yet

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the bitcoin of weed posted:

think i'm gonna try out roller skates as a form of transit. the science exists but the culture just isn't there yet

try moon boots instead

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

what about train wheels

Confined to tracks, as wheels should be.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

runners are bad unless they wear masks with decent source control imo. they threaten others’ ability to remain pedestrians (thereby adding more cars to the road) by breathing in and out too hard, 132 times to be specific. so says the pnas https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35605123/

the solution is simple, reallocate driving lanes to disgusting jogging activities.

mawarannahr for mayayayyarh

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:sickos:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

why walk everywhere when you can crawl?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

this reminds me of the BMW 745i drivers who would spend 20 mins to save $0.50 on a parking lot

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

car owners are the ultimate form of cuckdom

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I rode my bike

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

me too, I ride to work! can't wait to cut my return ride in half by stopping by the dive bar

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

also biked to and from work today was great A+

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

now to go for a cruise in my automobile

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Suplex Liberace posted:

now to go for a cruise in my automobile

I do enjoy me some booze cruisin' that's about the only thing cars have got going for them

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Miami was flooding yesterday and carbrain led lots of people to strand their cars in flooded streets
https://twitter.com/jpetramala/status/1533049771761537024?s=20&t=89rD3CHt2qrZ2M2d0Zkt3w

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

exactly. it’s hard to get there but if you start slow you can make it to the level you can walk a few miles to to the grocery store, load up your backpack and walk back. it’s all about toughening the skin, as one does when they start playing guitar. they might be assholes about this at American grocery stores so maybe bring some flipflops in case (just one more tiny thing to carry with extra N95s in case they don’t let you use your elastomeric)
quoting this good example of how to be, one of many possible peaks

mystes
May 31, 2006

Love to live in a country where this is the only way for people to go for a walk safely: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-06-03/a-history-of-mall-walking

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Atrocious Joe posted:

Miami was flooding yesterday and carbrain led lots of people to strand their cars in flooded streets
https://twitter.com/jpetramala/status/1533049771761537024?s=20&t=89rD3CHt2qrZ2M2d0Zkt3w

love it more people should drive during floods tbh

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Saw a ute suddenly decide to slam into reverse in a supermarket carpark today and nearly take out two average height women, the ute bed was so high the driver didn't even know they were there there

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/jpetramala/status/1532995704297250816

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Saw a ute suddenly decide to slam into reverse in a supermarket carpark today and nearly take out two average height women, the ute bed was so high the driver didn't even know they were there there

Just think if he had run them over he wouldn't have gotten so much as a ticket because a car is a license to show your rear end

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The human body isn't designed for running all the time, or pedaling, or any other such thing. It's designed for long distance walking. Walking is the ideal exercise for the animal that humans are.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The human body isn't designed for running all the time, or pedaling, or any other such thing. It's designed for long distance walking. Walking is the ideal exercise for the animal that humans are.

it’s not ideal, but it is materially the best option.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

walking is extremely harmful which is why I circle the lot for ten minutes waiting for a good parking space to open up

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

neighbors battery died and he knocked and asked for a jump start. :laffo:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Gal and I walked around ~3.5 miles to our local cooking hobby shop and back. Took a little over an hour because of our pace, etc for what would normally be a 5 minute drive. Yet it was so many more times chill and enjoyable. Would recommend!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

marathon running to hunt prey as they tire themselves out

its also the fact that artificial surroundings like sidewalks or roads are easy mode for your muscles compared to rougher, natural terrain that lets you use muscles you don't normally use because humans are now amorphous blobs sliding everywhere in a metal cage killing each other

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/jpetramala/status/1532982886932131842?s=20&t=_mxLZaW8KBraefaKLZo-2A

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Walking and loving are good for you and they're free, which is why people are always trying to make both of them illegal.

Like you and a partner could be totally broke but you could spend a whole day off work walking around your town looking at stuff, followed by going home and boning, and wow you just had a whole healthy day of entertainment and self care that didn't cost you a goddamn dime

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Walking and loving are good for you and they're free, which is why people are always trying to make both of them illegal.

rich man plays with money, poor man plays with wife — Turkish proverb

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Lastgirl posted:

marathon running to hunt prey as they tire themselves out

its also the fact that artificial surroundings like sidewalks or roads are easy mode for your muscles compared to rougher, natural terrain that lets you use muscles you don't normally use because humans are now amorphous blobs sliding everywhere in a metal cage killing each other

It's way easier on your body to walk or run on dirt trails/grass than the hell that is asphalt or concrete footpaths

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

El Pollo Blanco posted:

It's way easier on your body to walk or run on dirt trails/grass than the hell that is asphalt or concrete footpaths

dr. scholls arms race with shock absorbers

shirtless chad joggers will be running with bigger and better moon shoes to tear up that 'sphalt brah

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
its amazing that millions of years of natural evolution with bipedality conformed to natural earth enviroments as your archs have the actual weight distribution for terrains, a bunch of lizard freak lead huffing boomers decided to slather the world in asphalt and complain about gout or bunions as if its all a loving vacuum.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

paved trails are easier on your support muscles but much worse for your joints, as compared to like a grassy field or a dirt trail. a land of contrasts

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Smythe posted:

tbh i think ive become pedestrian pilled. the pedestrian vs bike debate itt has opened my eyes and now only the noble walker passes my purity test. all wheels must be banished. hell, shoes too. gently caress it.

EXTREMELY based

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

the bitcoin of weed posted:

paved trails are easier on your support muscles but much worse for your joints, as compared to like a grassy field or a dirt trail. a land of contrasts

I went on a walk through a grassy field the other day and got 20 ticks on me so it's a real land of contrasts

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I went on a walk through a grassy field the other day and got 20 ticks on me so it's a real land of contrasts

if we get everyone in america to walk and contract alpha gal, we’d get farther than by doing most else that gets funding. praying for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/BrentToderian/status/1533458186589483009

turns out that ebikes are actually even better than acoustic bikes :cheers: