Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm loving Rift still (more every day tbh) but I'm definitely ready to say goodbye to playing the same THREE maps
Despite hating it early on, people do seem to be getting better at playing it, even in freeplay. It's gone from a shitshow of a steamroll every round to approaching something like an actual gamemode, and there have been a few times I've actually felt like I made a difference in defence.

I still think it shouldn't have replaced Iron Banner but at least I am willing to admit it's not total dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I'm annoyed at the banner weekly challenges. "Play 18 games" is so much less engaging then the previous challenges to play the game in different ways.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Again, 'now play it over and over until you viscerally despise it' seems to be Bungie's core design philosophy for Destiny 2.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I still think it shouldn't have replaced Iron Banner but at least I am willing to admit it's not total dogshit.

Yeah, that's been the most sensible take from the start- a teamwork- and comms-oriented objective gametype is fine and can absolutely work in Destiny, but it's not fine to remove the basic bread and butter run-around-shooting-mans mode and replace it with that

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Barrier servitors are some of the most annoying champions in the game. In my experience it's a good idea to be aggressive and follow them if they teleport away so you can get the stun in.

They can't shield others while they're stunned, so it's some times a good idea to use the stun period to mop up the trash around it rather than trying to kill the champ while everything is shooting at you.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It might have been interesting to have had a teams playlist for 6 stacks only that was rift, and the freeplay something else like supremacy, but that would probably have overloaded the code completely and replaced the supremacy emblems with mini telestos or something.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Hackan Slash posted:

I'm annoyed at the banner weekly challenges. "Play 18 games" is so much less engaging then the previous challenges to play the game in different ways.

Listen, I completely understand and respect your position here as it seems reasonable on it's face in a vacuum.

That said, after years and years of terrible IB quests that ruin matches when everyone is forced into weapon archetypes that they're bad at or god forbid a Power Weapon Objective that turns matches into camping the purple box, I can only oppose your position. Being able to get my pinnacles by being able to bring whatever weapons I want and play the match however it strikes me? It's so much better. I would fight you or anyone who argued for going back to the old system. I'd fight everyone.

still have nightmares about 100 grenade kills sometimes

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

titties posted:

Coming back to this game for the first time since 2018 i think? The last thing i remember doing is PoE with some friends.

The void class for my hunter is completely missing. I know i unlocked it before because i have the void player card and kills in my stat tracker.

I was able to retrieve the new light quest line from the kiosk and play through it to get the risk runner exotic but no quest to unlock void.

Arc, solar, and void are all unlocked and available on my titan and warlock. I'm sad.

Ikora isn't offering any quests, just grow your light with void locked out.

I saw a few posts about this and some people were able to select void using the official app if the subclass showed in there.

Seems to be a bug across all classes. There are some official responses on the Bungie forum so at least they know....

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

thebardyspoon posted:

The loving barrier servitors that make everything invincible and then get behind the enemies right when their barrier comes up are infuriating, I'm not dying or failing them, they just make it take ages. I guess if I find one really annoying it's probably best to just sack it off and come back to it when it's rotating back to that gear slot another day in another lost sector right?

The best strat is actually to fill up your engram inventory all the way (with umbrals and primes), and wait until the lost sector is an easy one. Any exotic engrams you earn then will go to your post master; you can wait until the lost sector rewards the gear type you want and decrypt them then.

The only problem is making sure you keep track and clear the clutter out of your postmaster so your exotics don't get pushed out due to regular play.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

playing an FPS on handheld sounds like a Guantanamo style torture to me

Lol you think this is a FPS

*continues spamming powered melee which gives you powered melee back in between glaive hits and Lament combos.*

What’s a gun lmao. And yeah I got windows dual booting to run Destiny on it. It’s fantastic. Only thing deck can’t do right now (on windows) is rebind the back buttons but again I’m not trying to PVP on this thing. I did the dungeon and been farming lost sectors on it no problem.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Meiteron posted:

still have nightmares about 100 grenade kills sometimes

aaaaaaaaaaaàààààáááááááâãåäāaàAAAAAAA🅰️🅰️🅰️🅰️🅰️🅰️🅰️

how dare you remind me of this

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There were once iron banner bounties that required game wins, which was the low point for me. Going in solo and my progression being dictated by what 11 other people were doing was the worst.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I'm finding it very hard to inflict Void effects on things as a Hunter. Pretty much the only things that contribute toward that are your Supers, the grenade, and the occasional Fragment that gives you the ability to do that kind of thing on a proc.

Solar stays winning. It's hilarious to just stack on Scorch and Ignite and watch everything burn. The Deadshot Golden Gun seems to have lost some ooomph from my experience. I've switched to Blade Barrage, and that's so drat good. Also Gunpowder Gamble all day erryday.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

xzzy posted:

There were once iron banner bounties that required game wins, which was the low point for me. Going in solo and my progression being dictated by what 11 other people were doing was the worst.

Still better than ability kills on a hunter.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Throw a knife into their face. It’s simple! :buddy:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

I got so pissed off when I finished my hunter bounties, switched to titan, and had that bounty finished first after a frenzy of shoulder charging.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lol you think this is a FPS

*continues spamming powered melee which gives you powered melee back in between glaive hits and Lament combos.*

What’s a gun lmao. And yeah I got windows dual booting to run Destiny on it. It’s fantastic. Only thing deck can’t do right now (on windows) is rebind the back buttons but again I’m not trying to PVP on this thing. I did the dungeon and been farming lost sectors on it no problem.

Yeah I think it looks great. I've been tempted by steam deck + d2 for ages now, I think the only thing stopping me really is the long wait times for getting one. D2 on the shitter would be my jam

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I have a weird problem of not having a good Exotic armor for my Hunter. I just don't see one that fits for me?

I use the Forerunner, BXR 55 and Half-Truths. Literally just a bunch of Halo weapons. I have Stomp-ee5 but I'm not sure if they're the best fit?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Agoat posted:

I have a weird problem of not having a good Exotic armor for my Hunter. I just don't see one that fits for me?

I use the Forerunner, BXR 55 and Half-Truths. Literally just a bunch of Halo weapons. I have Stomp-ee5 but I'm not sure if they're the best fit?

Can’t go wrong with Wormhusk, especially with Classy Restoration.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stompees is a great utility exotic if you don’t have a specific build in mind. Beyond that, look at what you tend to do a lot. Melee? Grenade? Favorite subclass? Just shoot guns a lot? There’s probably an exotic that makes it better

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
People didn't like the old iron banner bounty to play 7 games as Golden Gun???

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not us top tree tether daddies.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Can’t go wrong with Wormhusk, especially with Classy Restoration.

Ooh, I'll try this out, actually This might be the move.

haveblue posted:

Stompees is a great utility exotic if you don’t have a specific build in mind. Beyond that, look at what you tend to do a lot. Melee? Grenade? Favorite subclass? Just shoot guns a lot? There’s probably an exotic that makes it better

I'm a sweaty PC kid, I usually use my Forerunner to click heads.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Agoat posted:

Frostees for ability regen. Super enhancer depending on which class you play as.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

el B posted:

Not us top tree tether daddies.

Void 3.0 was a godsend to finally be able to switch to Spectral and get at least 5 ability kills a game out of 2 Supers.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

*have Golden Gun up*
*see blip on radar*
*activate Golden Gun out of line of sight to not get killed during the activation*
*go around corner*
*instantly die to three people headshotting you at once before you can see where any of them are*

repeat until you've completed all of your other bounties

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Here is my Rift feedback as a crappy 0.7ish K/D player, addressed to the many Bungie devs who post here: I like it!

It took a few matches to get over the baked-in assumption that it sucks based on Twitter posts, but honestly I'm having a lot of fun playing for an objective. Even the games that devolve into nonsense when the spark glitches out are pretty good. Something that really surprised me is that I thought that I'd go into the non-freelance pool to get quicker matches, but lobbies are actually kind of well balanced and I've been getting closer games than I thought.

More specific points:
* The black screen between rounds has gotta go, do whatever technical magic it takes to get rid of these, they stink
* Respawn timer is probably fine as long as the black screens get fixed
* Games should just mercy if they go 3-0
* When you die your camera should switch to the spark/spark carrier to make things more exciting - yes this gives some help to a team on comms when the enemy has the spark, no I don't care
* I like that the post-game screen doesn't show me how terrible I am by showing me that I went 0.17 KDA
* The rift explosion should be bigger and louder and stuff should fly out of it
* You should be able to do lateral passes with the orb
* Whenever you're carrying the orb Saladin should be yelling at you

Hunter exotic-chat: Again I stink, but I have rediscovered Foetracer, it is really good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Agoat posted:

Ooh, I'll try this out, actually This might be the move.

I'm a sweaty PC kid, I usually use my Forerunner to click heads.

Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ClydeFrog posted:

I saw a few posts about this and some people were able to select void using the official app if the subclass showed in there.

Seems to be a bug across all classes. There are some official responses on the Bungie forum so at least they know....

I installed the app and tried but it only shows the 2 classes. Apparently this has been a thing for 2 months or more lol

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I don't get the purpose of making the leviathan light level 1580 and upgrading everybody to 1570 just there. Are they testing getting rid of light levels?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think it’s so new or lapsed players can do the seasonal activity right away

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Mattavist posted:

* The rift explosion should be bigger and louder and stuff should fly out of it

* When the rift explosion is not happening people should be asking "Where is the rift explosion?"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it’s so new or lapsed players can do the seasonal activity right away

Why peg the seasonal activity that high at all then? I don't really get the logic.

Even if you had been keeping current and ended last season at 1560 without the seasonal power levels, you still wouldn't be 1570 without grinding out a good number of pinnacles/artifact levels so like...what's the point?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

elpaganoescapa posted:

I don't get the purpose of making the leviathan light level 1580 and upgrading everybody to 1570 just there. Are they testing getting rid of light levels?
Don't the normal patrol areas do something similar? If you look at the amount of damage you do in the EDZ it's scaled way back compared to the throne world. It feels the same though relatively.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hulk Krogan posted:

Why peg the seasonal activity that high at all then? I don't really get the logic.

Even if you had been keeping current and ended last season at 1560 without the seasonal power levels, you still wouldn't be 1570 without grinding out a good number of pinnacles/artifact levels so like...what's the point?

So the grinding gets easier as the season rolls on.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Don't the normal patrol areas do something similar? If you look at the amount of damage you do in the EDZ it's scaled way back compared to the throne world. It feels the same though relatively.

Normally your power growth is capped at parity with the enemies, so if the patrol region is e.g. 1500 then it’s just as hard when you’re at 1580 as it is when you’re at 1501. It’s just that this is the first time they put a lower cap on your power, so it stops getting harder as you get lower.

I wonder if it was a last-minute change after they decided letting you be too weak in the new area wasn’t fun

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

life_source posted:

Void 3.0 was a godsend to finally be able to switch to Spectral and get at least 5 ability kills a game out of 2 Supers.

Truth! Although, my godsend was getting bottom tree ability to use smoke nades as an extra source of invisibility in addition to being an enemy radar ping. I still run tether because I've just grown used to having a zoning ult.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

More than 2 years without touching crucible and this is what they came up with

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think those are all set at the same minimum but I may be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
In the old, old days (when you still had a character level as well as a power level) some patrol zones were set a bit higher. Like I remember getting to the Dreaming City for the first time after completing the forsaken campaign and getting absolutely merced trying to get past the entrance to the blind well.