Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

would need to rewatch his earliest stuff again but psg has remained my overwhelmingly favorite imaishi thing through several rewatches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I Am Fowl posted:

Watch Panty & Stocking with Garter Belt instead.
just do this in general, PSG is top shelf

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cspIuORXd-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojiOyoyUYC4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's like Billy and Mandy without a filter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
PSG was a fever dream

So is its soundtrack. Jesus christ it had everything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

It's like Billy and Mandy without a filter.

It's like when Ren and Stimpy got a show on Spike TV and they had less restrictions than they did on Nickelodeon except Panty and Stocking actually did it well

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

marumaru posted:

dont lose youR wAAAAAAAAAY

The seminal issue with KLK. Not just the meme of Ryuko losing her way a half dozen times but just the entire back half just failed to deliver on 90% of the poo poo the first half set up (whether intended or not).

The only thread they tie up sufficiently for my tastes is the Mako/Gamagouri relationship.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AlternateNu posted:

The seminal issue with KLK. Not just the meme of Ryuko losing her way a half dozen times but just the entire back half just failed to deliver on 90% of the poo poo the first half set up (whether intended or not).

The only thread they tie up sufficiently for my tastes is the Mako/Gamagouri relationship.

Actually the real issue is that the non "DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" parts of Don't Lose Your Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is bad rapping.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larry Parrish posted:

tbh even remembering a music track from a tv show or movie basically elevates it to God tier. even good soundtracks are usually highly forgettable.

Binge the whole Welcome to the NHK soundtrack, especially the parts done by Pearl Kyoudai. Still my favorite anime OST as a whole.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also yeah, I'll second the notion that Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is my favorite Imaishi directed work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PSG is good but I think Promare might have the edge for me. Though part of that might be my astonishment that it even turned out watchable given my problems with Imaishi's quirks as a storyteller.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
holy poo poo the FLCL soundtrack finally dropped on itunes

at last i can have Blues Drive Monster on my phone without using youtube rips

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arist posted:

PSG is good but I think Promare might have the edge for me. Though part of that might be my astonishment that it even turned out watchable given my problems with Imaishi's quirks as a storyteller.

PSG and Promare are my top two for Imaishi, and Gridman, LWA, and Promare are my top three Trigger.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

holy poo poo the FLCL soundtrack finally dropped on itunes

at last i can have Blues Drive Monster on my phone without using youtube rips

:vince:

Maybe I should also see if they have the original jet grind radio soundtrack on itunes as well. It's the only way to get through the slog of those huge levels in the latter part of the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

E: Thought iTunes was Spotify for a second lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Episode 7 of Wonder Egg was really good and I genuinely think Rika Kawai is a very human and well crafted character,

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah that episode is pretty much the only time the show exhales

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's the point where the show really felt like it could pull of its promise despite some stumbles in episodes 5 and 6. Sadly its probably the last time the show was good

marumaru
May 20, 2013

still not over wegg having sucked :(

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Julias posted:

Binge the whole Welcome to the NHK soundtrack, especially the parts done by Pearl Kyoudai. Still my favorite anime OST as a whole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ZNXwWIHI0

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Little Witch Academia is unironically the best Trigger show

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Unrelated to anime but two people have bought me red titles in the past day and I don't even know what the gently caress this one is supposed to mean.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

seems self explanatory to me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tales of Woe posted:

seems self explanatory to me

Yeah but it was specifically bought because I post in the D&D thread about Ukraine. What do Barbie dolls have to do with Ukraine? I'm just confused.

NOTE: I don't want to discuss Ukraine ITT unless there's an anime set there or something. I'm just baffled and needed to say so to someone.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
call your mom next time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

verbal enema posted:

call your mom next time

No. We have a good relationship and explaining forums drama would be the quickest way to dynamite that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/shinohara_kenta/status/1533742076650979328

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah but it was specifically bought because I post in the D&D thread about Ukraine. What do Barbie dolls have to do with Ukraine? I'm just confused.

NOTE: I don't want to discuss Ukraine ITT unless there's an anime set there or something. I'm just baffled and needed to say so to someone.

get out of here stalker-chan

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazed posted:

Little Witch Academia is unironically the best Trigger show

it pwns

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

marumaru posted:

still not over wegg having sucked :(

It's OK we can cherry pick the good parts and make our own drat Wonder Egg

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TTGL is great but like most of the first 7 episodes are bad

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

im doing my best to remember what about the first 1/3 of ttgl would have been worse than the rest and drawing a blank

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Erg posted:

im doing my best to remember what about the first 1/3 of ttgl would have been worse than the rest and drawing a blank

Episodes 1-3 +7 own, episodes 4-6 don’t own. Apologies for saying most of when it’s just under 50% of the first third

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
is 4-6 when Simon is being a little bitch ultra extra style

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s the first kittan episode with the bad animation, the one with slabhead, and then the hot springs episode.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Namtab posted:

It’s the first kittan episode with the bad animation, the one with slabhead, and then the hot springs episode.

slabhead....? why is this not appearing in my memory

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nyoro posted:

Very well, I'll cherry pick the whole thing. A huge cherry, all for myself.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

verbal enema posted:

slabhead....? why is this not appearing in my memory

It's the Rossiu episode

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Nyoro posted:

Maybe an omelette if you pick out the shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Arist posted:

It's the Rossiu episode

bleh that ep

bleh to him the whole show