Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1533902069953748992

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

huh.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this is super weird because ive been expecting this for at least a year but it still totally caught me off guard. end of an era.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
phil outlives another one

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
:eyepop:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
rorie wins

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rip. hope he does something cool he cares about. or streams c64 games for 6 hours.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fuckin get him on fire escape, dan needs someone to kick him in the nuts when he gets too dan and gerstmann is the king of that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yea ok posted:

rip. hope he does something cool he cares about. or streams c64 games for 6 hours.

He should forever stream himself organizing his garage. Those videos have been the best GB content in years

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

He should forever stream himself organizing his garage. Those videos have been the best GB content in years

i dont know why this is what i'm thinkin of but one of my favorite jeff moments was that tweet from like four years ago where he said one day he took all the labels off his amiga games so whenever he plugged one in hed be surprised

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol at Jeff's offhand comment/anecdote about how he got bored one weekend and swapped all the labels on his Atari 800 games so he could be surprised whenever he plugged in a game.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The thought of Giant Bomb continuing without ANY of the guys who founded it- or even just anyone who was there in the 00s at all- is really weird to me. Best of luck to Jeff though

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The statement on the site reads like he got forced out or otherwise let go. “Agreed to part ways” and he doesn’t get a farewell cast or anything, and they’re already parroting the line about how change is actually great.

I dunno, I probably wouldn’t feel too good about it if I were still at Red Venture’s Giant Bomb.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The thought of Giant Bomb continuing without ANY of the guys who founded it- or even just anyone who was there in the 00s at all- is really weird to me. Best of luck to Jeff though

Matt Rorie somehow survives

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

They said they wanted to get weird ad give money to their friends and maybe someone at RV didn't like the sound of that

Welcome to Matt rorie's giant bomb

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

thank you jeff for the many years of epic video game content

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982 posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
jeff ftw

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfskNDilmeA

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

The statement on the site reads like he got forced out or otherwise let go. “Agreed to part ways” and he doesn’t get a farewell cast or anything, and they’re already parroting the line about how change is actually great.

I dunno, I probably wouldn’t feel too good about it if I were still at Red Venture’s Giant Bomb.

I have no doubt that Jeff has only been there this long because he was under contract and left the very second it ended.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Weird leaving on a Monday. Sounds like something happened and he quit.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1SnvHSQLg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

arbybaconator posted:

Weird leaving on a Monday. Sounds like something happened and he quit.

Agreed, arbybaconator.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I’m guessing this is the big new opportunity Devin Faraci was tweeting about. Cautiously stoked to see what the next phase of the site, and the crew, looks like.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF2hdfO4vhs&t=86s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The House of Rorie shall ascend... We must act quickly, Rorieheads.