Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't want Bergeron to retire because he's been on the team/my favorite player for most of my teen and entire adult life, but if he does I'm glad he'd be doing it on top of his game instead of limping along and sticking around longer than he should like some guys do. I think he plays one more season, hits 1000 points, and then retires, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Aphrodite posted:

He has the most “best defensive forward of the year” trophies of all time so I feel like that’s a good start.

But what about Frank Nighbor??

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1533946865988812802

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That seems premature.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Okay? Must be more to it, because they weren't particularly bad this year.

That and there's not a whole lot of better coaches out there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

O...k, who are you going to hire who's better?

e;fb- Jhet had the same idea I did.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did Sweeney think they should have been better with Linus Ullmark and no second line center?

Who handles signing guys for a hockey team, again?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boston Bruins Barry Btrotz, just rolls off the tongeu

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That seems mildly wack, but I'm now terrified by the idea of Trotz coaching the Bruins.

But yeah if you don't get Trotz, what the gently caress.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Maybe they’re just going all in on the tank.

Bergeron’s maybe gone, Marchand, McAvoy and Grizzly can take the year to recover. I’m sure Pasta needs some surgery…

We will know for sure when they announce new head coach Dan Bylsma.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
by god thats steve yzerman's music

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
It seemed oddly quick when they fired Julien too, but that worked out well for them. Boston doesn't seem to be afraid to walk away from people.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

clean ayers act posted:

by god thats steve yzerman's music

Former Grand Rapids Griffins coach?! There's no way this can go wrong!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Uhhhhh Cassidy wasn't the problem lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I assume either it's about to come out that Cassidy is a sex pest, he lost a vicious power struggle with the front office, or they just hired Trotz. Nothing else makes sense.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It seemed oddly quick when they fired Julien too, but that worked out well for them. Boston doesn't seem to be afraid to walk away from people.
They missed the playoffs twice in a row and were halfway to 3 straight when they did that. At the least it felt like there was a lot of pressure to do that

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I assume either it's about to come out that Cassidy is a sex pest, he lost a vicious power struggle with the front office, or they just hired Trotz. Nothing else makes sense.

they hire a bad coach, quick 1-year tank with all their guys injured, get Bedard, hire someone else next summer.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1533950804062834688

good thing Ruff is locked in

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Its:
1. Takes the blame of Sweeney for one more year, maybe two depending on the coach they hire
2. I doubt it was a major factor but it might placate Debrusk, whose main quarrel/trade request was that he was in Cassidy's dog house. The state of the franchises youth/prospect pool means they need to hang on to a younger guy who can pot 20+ reliably
3. Tank hard for Bedard baby. Bergeron gone (maybe), Marchand and McAvoy out 6+ months. gently caress it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress Sweeney and gently caress Neely. Wrong person was fired

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Flyers please

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Devils still keeping Lindy huh?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
And the Leafs are still keeping Keefe. The stupidity boggles.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

they hire a bad coach, quick 1-year tank with all their guys injured, get Bedard, hire someone else next summer.

Sweet. Let me send them my resume real quick. I can relocate to Boston for 9 months at a real low 300k.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jhet posted:

Sweet. Let me send them my resume real quick. I can relocate to Boston for 9 months at a real low 300k.

If you can prove you have a tenuous connection to Massachusetts they'll tack on another 100k. 50k for New England at large.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

BAH GOD THAT'S BLASHILL'S MUSIC

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If you can prove you have a tenuous connection to Massachusetts they'll tack on another 100k. 50k for New England at large.

I lived near Charlie Coyle for a bit and went to college with Haula?

Maybe don’t tell anyone it was in Minnesota though.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

quote:

“There is some of that. There’s no question, players being afraid to make mistakes,” said Neely on May 19. “Especially younger players. Because you hear about it. I was one of those players. I had to learn and grow. I heard about it too when I made mistakes as a younger player. You can’t worry about not getting back out there. I think that’s one of the things we have to change. When younger players make mistakes, they’re worried they’re not going to play the next game. Well, that game is still going on.”

The latter is the area that most displeased Neely and Sweeney. They heard during exit interviews, in all likelihood, that Cassidy’s hard-line approach was not what players favored.
on second thought, this is exactly what detroit does not need

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

The Bruins will not be worse than Seattle.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

there is zero chance "one of the draft’s most tantalizing prospects" falls to the flyers, right

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
if the Bruins get Bedard I will be so mad. I'd rather even have him on Pittsburgh.

only the Islanders and Devils would be worse.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yo, there's some loving good coaches out there. Who hires Babcock?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cocaine Bear posted:

I'm gonna say Boston.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cocaine Bear posted:

Vegas baby

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol Boston

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

MJeff posted:

I'm gonna say Boston.

They just fired a guy for being too much of a hard rear end. Why would they hire Babcock.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

triple sulk posted:

there is zero chance "one of the draft’s most tantalizing prospects" falls to the flyers, right

The Top 6 is some order of Wright, Slafovsky, Cooley, Savoir, Nemic and Jiracek

Flyers have to get one of them unless they go totally noff board

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Top 6 is some order of Wright, Slafovsky, Cooley, Savoir, Nemic and Jiracek

Flyers have to get one of them unless they go totally noff board

Everything I've seen which admittedly isn't a lot indicates Savoie has great numbers but has a sort of game that might not translate to the NHL level

Meanwhile the Slafkovsky is the one people keep seeming to hope drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jhet posted:

They just fired a guy for being too much of a hard rear end. Why would they hire Babcock.

Cause they're dumb and it'd be funny.