Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It is finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Intrepid.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Assuming you mean Cataclysmic instead of Stormchaser, but what's the source here? The testing that I've seen showed Stormchaser as UTTERLY trouncing any Precision Linear

1 Mag - 32k to 22k

Average DPS - 22k to 15k, or 25k to 18k, depending on methodology

Total Reserves Damage - 381k vs 357k

Time to Empty Reserves - 18s vs 24s :chanpop:

It mopped the floor by every conceivable metric. One shot, one mag, one DPS cycle, Templar, etc

It's the best heavy to use against any boss with a crit spot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CglRaSVq1o

Cata still has 10 rounds left

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I have been attempting to do the dungeon for about 2 weeks with people that have a fraction of the time spent in destiny that I have and just don't usually do higher level content. We have done approximately 1/20th of Caital's health at most so far. We will persevere.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The only mismatch is Bungie thinks I want to spend more than a couple hours (lifetime) patrolling the Leviathan
There's a lot of hidden stuff to do, and you have to do most of it to get the Reaper title. I've been trying to look up as little as possible but it's nice to feel like there's more casual stuff to find again.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
cataclysmic can conjure up ammunition ex nihilo, i assume

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Eej posted:

They forced people to use guns they looted once it was called Sunsetting and people hated it

Still seeing sunsetting defenders in the wild, my god, get the camera

muike posted:

I have been attempting to do the dungeon for about 2 weeks with people that have a fraction of the time spent in destiny that I have and just don't usually do higher level content. We have done approximately 1/20th of Caital's health at most so far. We will persevere.

What is the widely-accepted DPS strat for Caiatl, other than a Stormchaser I don’t have? Div + LFRs? It’s clearly not rockets according to my numbers earlier this week.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Pirate Jet posted:

What is the widely-accepted DPS strat for Caiatl, other than a Stormchaser I don’t have? Div + LFRs? It’s clearly not rockets according to my numbers earlier this week.

swords (like lament) work.

tractor cannon might be better than div, due to the close range and so that you can have 3 people damaging. Her crit's pretty big and she doesn't move much so hitting head shots shouldn't be a problem.

I've heard anarchy has a bug that makes it good again? but it may or may not work in the dungeon? I don't know.

as an aside, you do technically have infinite damage phases (you know, as long as you don't wipe, or have to do real life stuff or have a power outage or w/e) so having low damage isn't the end of the world.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 7, 2022

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
So I took an extended break from Destiny 2 (last season I played was Season of the Forge) after burning out with self-inflicted grinding. I returned with the release of Witch Queen and overall enjoying it but my goodness I really been struggling with the Legendary campaign, felt like every encounter has been 25/75 either scraping through or dieing multiple times before learning the spawns and areas to hide.

It's quite a change from the previous campaigns where you've felt like a wrecking ball only popping Supers when you felt like it etc. I know a lot of the veteran players have enjoyed the change of difficulty but it's definitely made me pace myself with the story as I feel drained after some of the longer missions.

On top of that today I tried Grasp of Avarice (1st time ever) and after reading that's its soloable and with no ingame matchmaking I booted it up and it's been a bit of a wake up call that I'm definitely getting old and not quite as good or patient as I used to be. Got to the 1st boss "Phry'zhia" and it's a serious roadblock (best I got was down to 70% HP after 3 cycles), tried a few different load outs with my titan but no dice. Think I need to bite the bullet and try the LFG option when I can commit to an hour+ of playtime. I'm sure there might be a cheese loadout but it'd be a shame if it requires a particular class+weapon to be within a reasonable chance of even passing the 1st boss without going through 5+ invun cycles.

I don't know if I'm just being an old grump but when particular exotic are behind a quest/dungeon that feels like a significant jump in difficulty without at least an option to match-make when so much (including NIghtfalls now!) you can do with pickups.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Discord

There's groups running these constantly and people more then happy to help you through any content up to and including raids

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Grobbit posted:

So I took an extended break from Destiny 2 (last season I played was Season of the Forge) after burning out with self-inflicted grinding. I returned with the release of Witch Queen and overall enjoying it but my goodness I really been struggling with the Legendary campaign, felt like every encounter has been 25/75 either scraping through or dieing multiple times before learning the spawns and areas to hide.

It's quite a change from the previous campaigns where you've felt like a wrecking ball only popping Supers when you felt like it etc. I know a lot of the veteran players have enjoyed the change of difficulty but it's definitely made me pace myself with the story as I feel drained after some of the longer missions.

On top of that today I tried Grasp of Avarice (1st time ever) and after reading that's its soloable and with no ingame matchmaking I booted it up and it's been a bit of a wake up call that I'm definitely getting old and not quite as good or patient as I used to be. Got to the 1st boss "Phry'zhia" and it's a serious roadblock (best I got was down to 70% HP after 3 cycles), tried a few different load outs with my titan but no dice. Think I need to bite the bullet and try the LFG option when I can commit to an hour+ of playtime. I'm sure there might be a cheese loadout but it'd be a shame if it requires a particular class+weapon to be within a reasonable chance of even passing the 1st boss without going through 5+ invun cycles.

I don't know if I'm just being an old grump but when particular exotic are behind a quest/dungeon that feels like a significant jump in difficulty without at least an option to match-make when so much (including NIghtfalls now!) you can do with pickups.

Soloing dungeons is an exercise in tedium even after you have the right loadout and strategies. Even though it's possible, it's not fun, and should only be done after you've mastered it with a group. The LFG tool is good for activities that don't require much coordination. The goon discord is great for everything, and has plenty of people happy to walk beginners through all the encounters.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve solo’s everything other dungeon but Grasp, the first boss Ogre’s health just isn’t tuned for Solo play unless you literally break the game. Pretty disappointing.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
How I deal with Weapon Levelling Hell is by looking at the perks the gun has and stopping when I reach unlock the enhanced ones I want, any levels I gain after that point are just a nice bonus on top.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

muike posted:

Caiatl should be a two phase fight if people have decent guns and know how to apply them. Maybe three if someone misses the damage buff or dies during the damage phase. Once people have Stormchaser it's a fairly easy one phase. (That gun is downright broken in how much damage it does)

Some tips:
Before ringing the big bell, spread out so you have left/right/center covered and immediately kill all the bellkeepers. A good fusion rifle will oneshot them.
You can stall Caiatl when she runs towards a bell by running up to her. She'll stop and attempt to stomp you which buys a few seconds if someone isn't at the bell yet.
Keep an eye on the damage buff duration. You have a few seconds between the buff running out and her starting to move again, which makes it easier to get to the next bell in time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Stormchaser & Austringer acquired, won’t bother crafting anything. Gonna probs use this season to grind out titles and patrol zone triumphs

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

There's a seasonal challenge this week to focus three seasonal weapons, but the upgrade that allows you to focus weapons is pretty far down the upgrade list and if I'm reading it correctly you can't actually unlock it with the amount of doodads we have been given so far. Seems silly to add challenges that you can't complete.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You could have it by now if you’ve been doing all your seasonal stuff, but at the expense of better upgrades

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

There's a seasonal challenge this week to focus three seasonal weapons, but the upgrade that allows you to focus weapons is pretty far down the upgrade list and if I'm reading it correctly you can't actually unlock it with the amount of doodads we have been given so far. Seems silly to add challenges that you can't complete.
I'm probably going to butcher explaining this but you can skip them, you don't have to buy them left to right.

They unlock left to right, and you'll notice based on where you are in the seasonal quest line that the right hand ones have locks in one corner, but once you get the doohickey you can use it to activate any node that's unlocked.

E: also while you can solo grasp if you're nuts and have the right trick build & guns and fancy the challenge, you'd be far better off picking up a group on the app/bungie.net's fireteam tab.

You can also use discord, if you're young enough to be able to work out how it works and not get lost in hundreds of subthreads that have nothing to do with destiny.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 7, 2022

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I’ve been making a beeline for weekly guaranteed deepsight guns and as such got the weapon focusing bounty done this week. You can just ignore the middle column of upgrades for now; you’ve got max Vestiges at all times unless you exclusively run Containment.

also: yeah, use the app’s fireteams tab. this weekend I made a post titled “Dare you to teach me the dungeon”, two people hopped in in minutes, and the mfs actually went and taught it to me. guy got a god roll Stormchaser for his trouble

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I use the Destiny LFG app every single day and I never, ever talk to anyone, it’s very easy to use.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Why can’t I focus or craft gambit weapons? I have Riptides out the rear end in a top hat but Bungo won’t let me make a Randy’s Throwing Knife 2.0?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Firebert posted:

Why can’t I focus or craft gambit weapons? I have Riptides out the rear end in a top hat but Bungo won’t let me make a Randy’s Throwing Knife 2.0?

You can focus your Gambit Engrams for a specific gun! Claim 'em from the top right of Drifter's vendor screen, and then focus 'em below

Same process as Saladin or Saint-14

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Firebert posted:

Drifter hates you.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Firebert posted:

Sounds like someone's a snitch. :colbert:

Seriously though, second page has gambit engram focussing options! :)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Putting stuff behind tabs in UIs is basically the same as throwing it into a black hole

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Fixed an issue where certain Rare armor was able to be dismantled for Legendary rewards.

drat....

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Alkarl posted:

Sounds like someone's a snitch. :colbert:

Seriously though, second page has gambit engram focussing options! :)

Wtf lol, have I somehow have never tabbed over on the Drifter :negative:

e: I've literally been taking them back to Rahool for months aaa

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 7, 2022

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
This season due to the extra perks you shouldn't use any vanguard/crucible/gambit engrams until at least reset 3.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ok they've absolutely outdone themselves this time, a jumping puzzle where you're carrying a heavy object, so you can only half jump, can't double jump, can't see the ground properly, and can't hop back over little half girders if you go the wrong way. Majestic.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ok they've absolutely outdone themselves this time, a jumping puzzle where you're carrying a heavy object, so you can only half jump, can't double jump, can't see the ground properly, and can't hop back over little half girders if you go the wrong way. Majestic.

You're doing it differently than intended!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of bizarre a lot of people including myself cannot receive the quest to unlock the Void subclass for Hunters lol. such strange fuckin bugs this season

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm probably going to butcher explaining this but you can skip them, you don't have to buy them left to right.
:doh: Why didn't I notice that. Also I swear I was looking and saw it further down, locked behind needing to unlock 8 other upgrades first. But apparently not.

e: Ah! There are two nodes for weapon focusing, one for opulent weapons and one for haunted weapons, and the latter needs 8 others to unlock. I guess I moused over the haunted weapons one first and didn't look further.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 7, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

kind of bizarre a lot of people including myself cannot receive the quest to unlock the Void subclass for Hunters lol. such strange fuckin bugs this season

I am convinced there are 10,000,000 lines of spaghetti code and 0 unit or integration tests. The game can’t even give the hunter knife back on precision kills on a consistent basis, and the Polaris Lance catalyst is broken lmao.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

I am convinced there are 10,000,000 lines of spaghetti code and 0 unit or integration tests. The game can’t even give the hunter knife back on precision kills on a consistent basis, and the Polaris Lance catalyst is broken lmao.
What the Egregore is doing to the leviathan is a metaphor for what Telesto is doing to the codebase.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Alternatively, drop that wrench by the door and do the jumping puzzle, open up the door again and grab your wrench.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're doing it differently than intended!

:hmmyes:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oh man is this weeks Sever mission a punch to the feels, I never thought I'd feel so bad for the big blue Titan.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pirate Jet posted:

We've already gone through two sunsets and they've done their job (getting people to stop using only Mountaintop + Recluse/Blast Furnace or Spare + Bender and complaining about being bored of guns). It's just that the second sunset was softer so the masses didn't notice.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mountaintop got nerfed

Recluse and Blast Furnace got power crept

SpareBender got nerfed AND power crept

Locking 'em at 1350 didn't have anything to do with any of the above

Everybody knows Sunsetting was just a way to sneak a Vault Reset without adding a "3" to the name

Next!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Mountaintop got nerfed

Recluse and Blast Furnace got power crept

SpareBender got nerfed AND power crept

Locking 'em at 1350 didn't have anything to do with any of the above

Everybody knows Sunsetting was just a way to sneak a Vault Reset without adding a "3" to the name

Next!

At least Exotics weren't sunset like in TTK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would have preferred a storyline where they finished rebuilding the old tower and in the move back to the old location our vaults got lost because someone unplugged the hard drives before the backup was complete resulting in two corrupted data sets, so the guardians have to scramble around the solar system rebuilding our arsenal before the darkness takes us over.