Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

American McGay posted:

Past 2 Game Awards have blown chunks. gently caress Geoff Keighleigh.

Still better than E3. :negative:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Cleanup has still not quite begun in earnest, as we're discussing what the insurance company is willing to pay for as far as dumpsters and such. My family has been picking through stuff though, and found some more things. No Switch yet, but it does turn out I had a second SNES!

Considering that cart looks like it didn't suffer any warping or melting from heat and it was plugged into the SNES, I bet it still works unless it got sprayed with water (I'm guessing it did), at which point... maybe?

It'd be very on brand for Actraiser to refuse to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/coldhotwarm/status/1534055663910805505

Really disappointing. Most of these games are already on other collections on the Switch, including the upcoming Capcom Fighting Collection

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1534188466074005506?s=21&t=6thS1MnenCJvCSsJEmxX0Q

I can’t wait to spend big bucks on this special edition like I did for the other two XC games!

Something mentioned in the AUNZ tweet is you get the game at release, but the Collector's Edition stuff comes later in the year.

Also locked down a reminder in my calendar for tomorrow to make drat sure I have a chance to get it. :shepspends:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

worms butthole guy posted:

Kotor 2 isn't even that good, dunno why people like it so much other than the "twist"

KOTOR 2 > KOTOR 1

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

neither are very good because star wars is a tremendously uninteresting setting

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Star wars is an interesting setting, it's just that none of the movies have ever done anything interesting with it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The KOTOR games are some of the most interesting Star Wars stories imo. They both own.

They’ll be a nice palate cleanser after the god awful Obiwan show. Yeah, I know it’s not finished yet but come on.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

An Actual Princess posted:

neither are very good because star wars is a tremendously uninteresting setting
Lol you’ve never actually played KOTOR huh. Telling on yourself.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Star wars mostly sucks poo poo but Kotor kicks rear end. I'm gonna predownload it when I get home

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

American McGay posted:

Lol you’ve never actually played KOTOR huh. Telling on yourself.

not to completion for the aforementioned reason that they were v boring

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they're good games imo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Still better than E3. :negative:

Sorry, that last The Game Awards was such a cartoonishly long and boring slog that nobody could possibly compare the two

Because nobody has managed to sit through the entirety of The Game Awards

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Kotor 2 isn't even that good, dunno why people like it so much other than the "twist"

because it's really good op. hits a perfect middle ground between new ideas, appreciation, deconstruction, and making fun of star wars for being loving dumb. kreia 4 lyfe.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i stayed up all night playing kotor 1 to get to the lightsaber bit, its not a fond memory but its much fonder than staying up to finally get to blitzball in ff10

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

This is a repost from era discord lol.

That's fine reading era makes me actively mad

I dunno what it is but the tone of the conversation is just... annoying. I'm too used to everyone on SA being irony poisoned and cynical and I am exhausting by people caring too much about things

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
they should release the 3ds Kirby’s on the switch,

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Sorry, that last The Game Awards was such a cartoonishly long and boring slog that nobody could possibly compare the two

Because nobody has managed to sit through the entirety of The Game Awards

I always tune out after the Best Doritos Product Placement in an Action Game award.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, Mario Strikers is getting poor reviews like all of the other Mario Sports games. Why can't Nintendo not gently caress these games up this generation? Back to playing my Wii I suppose.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It seems to be scoring the same as the Wii version so good job at being consistent Nintendo

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
It has substantially less content than the Wii one though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ugh, Mario Strikers is getting poor reviews like all of the other Mario Sports games. Why can't Nintendo not gently caress these games up this generation? Back to playing my Wii I suppose.
Bye.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

endocriminologist posted:

Yeah! YEAH!

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the switch because video games are fun.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

One hour until KOTOR II unlocks, which sucks because I'm without wifi until tonight :(

Anyone know when the "mod" patch is supposed to hit? Kinda feels like I shouldn't start the game until that's available.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

endocriminologist posted:

They should, because buying second hand copies of them in English is insane for no reason. I guess there was a limited print or something. But it's Kirby. How are there not millions of them out there?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Everyone keeps saying robobot is the best Kirby game and it’s also one of the only Kirby games I never played

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/1534551070550085632?s=21&t=WAcRdmNL5zMPzdVSNRshjg

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Or just play games and have fun without worrying about what Games Journalism has to say about it?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If you play a game/demo and enjoy it then online reviews, especially from gaming media outlets, should mean absolutely nothing to you.

When there's no demo and you'd need to drop $60 to try a game? Yeah sure, check around online to see what others are saying.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like turn based combat and I like Yakuza and I still agree with this. I want to beat people up!!!!

I remember when Yakuza 0 came out and the gaming community framed the series as “great stories but bad combat” and I couldn’t disagree about the combat more. It was super satisfying, I was happy to engage in almost all of the fights aside from when I got into too many random encounters and it gummed up the pacing.

There was a breakdancing move set!!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I remember when Yakuza 0 came out and the gaming community framed the series as “great stories but bad combat” and I could t disagree about the combat more. It was super satisfying, I was happy to engage in almost all of the fights aside from when I got into too many random encounters.

There was a breakdancing move set!!!!
Now play Yakuzas 1-6 and tell me if you still enjoy the combat.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm up to Y5 and still enjoy the combat

Anyway for switch content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f91wvxXAEXw

Three Hopes demo just dropped, progress carries to full game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Y5 and K2 are loving win

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
3D Beat ‘em up combat was solved during the PS2 generation no reason for the yakuza combat to be as dull as it is

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Three Hopes demo is fun so far, glad to have a protagonist with a voice and a personality

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the only yakuza game with combat i didn't enjoy (i didn't play the original PS1 versions) were Y3 where people blocked way too goddamn much and had too much health, and Y6 to an extent where they hadn't figured out the new engine yet

and Like a Dragon but that's for a different reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Yakuza has some real hilarious comedy moments in its fighting but there is also so much of it and nothing feels better than putting the game on easy and just trivializing t