Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

He works with kids off the ice at children's hospitals and on the ice gifting first career goals and points to rookies. Earned it IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
On the ice he hosed up Danger Ehren in Jackass 4 which was really funny

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy from Attack on Titan?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

fermun posted:

On the ice he hosed up Danger Ehren in Jackass 4 which was really funny

An A+ segment for sure.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

eXXon posted:

Off the ice, sure. On the ice, uhhhhh

On the ice he contributes to the sports medicine field. He's a job creator!

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The journey of this as a Wild fan. It's awesome by Foligno and then you think that it sounds like sort of thing Boogaard would have done and then you remember why Boogie isn't around anymore and then it feels a bit less awesome?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

The journey of this as a Wild fan. It's awesome by Foligno and then you think that it sounds like sort of thing Boogaard would have done and then you remember why Boogie isn't around anymore and then it feels a bit less awesome?

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Absolutely awesome attitude about it, but at least they don’t take their helmets off before the fighting anymore. Just maybe bury him into the boards extra instead and let someone from his own team stand up for him.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1534891477763072001?t=qGtAnOX_n-TcyX5H5ajhPw&s=19

Oh god if we actually bring on Torts :negative:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I came here to post the first Tweet.

As for Torts, is it really worse than The Jeff Blashill Experience?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

I’m fine with this. The team stinks, let’s have some entertainment.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

I’m fine with this. The team stinks, let’s have some entertainment.

He's a bit whacky off the ice but Torts hockey is not in the least bit entertaining.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

CBJSprague24 posted:

I came here to post the first Tweet.

As for Torts, is it really worse than The Jeff Blashill Experience?

Wow Blashill is on their radar? Really plumbing the depths here. Going to call up Disco Dan Bylsma too?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
There is a rumor floating around Dallas twitter that the reason the Stars haven't been connected to anyone for interviews or w/e for the vacant head coaching position is because Marc Savard is the preferred candidate and they are waiting until his season with the Windsor Spitfires is over to do anything.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/evanderkane_9/status/1534905493994426368?t=Msvfk7MhBGtde9YNKCnnug&s=19

Sounds like he's done in Edmonton. Who wants the $8m monster?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/draglikepull/status/1534930489680793600?s=20&t=oAfs0akjB8Dt9vfKwx5KIA

As someone who spent the entire season calling Justin Holl a passenger and lamenting the fact that the Leafs exposed McCann rather than lose a guy who was a healthy scratch for a lot of the year (including in the playoffs): lol. lmao.

Guess a lot of people cottoned on to the fact that he sucked once they got to watch him with less-than-stellar partners.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That statement reads like a loving trump tweet.

"I did it! Thanks to the lovers....... And the HATERS! It was the Most ...... BEAUTIFUL season! First Class Oilers! The best!.........."

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

https://twitter.com/draglikepull/status/1534930489680793600?s=20&t=oAfs0akjB8Dt9vfKwx5KIA

As someone who spent the entire season calling Justin Holl a passenger and lamenting the fact that the Leafs exposed McCann rather than lose a guy who was a healthy scratch for a lot of the year (including in the playoffs): lol. lmao.

Guess a lot of people cottoned on to the fact that he sucked once they got to watch him with less-than-stellar partners.

I mean... at what point in time was Holl's value higher? Maybe right before he signed the contract when he was on one of his patented 15-game hot streaks of looking like a legit top 4 D?

Also, as for the 'being passed on the depth chart' thing, he played 5 games to Liljegren's 2 in the playoffs, is making third pair money, and has nobody really chasing him on the depth chart, so unless they re-sign Lyubushkin, this just sounds like Seravalli making boring poo poo up.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya the only way he comes back to the Oilers is if he wins his grievance against San Jose and any check he gets the next couple seasons reduces what San Jose has to pay him, cause then he could sign for league minimum and it wouldn't effect his actual pay. Even then, I doubt he doesn't sign 5x$8milly or something like that with uhhh Detroit?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

I mean... at what point in time was Holl's value higher? Maybe right before he signed the contract when he was on one of his patented 15-game hot streaks of looking like a legit top 4 D?

Also, as for the 'being passed on the depth chart' thing, he played 5 games to Liljegren's 2 in the playoffs, is making third pair money, and has nobody really chasing him on the depth chart, so unless they re-sign Lyubushkin, this just sounds like Seravalli making boring poo poo up.

We don't need to speculate on what value they thought he had, they thought acquiring and losing McCann (or Kerfoot) was better than letting him go to Seattle, which basically gives whatever the equivalent of Kapanen, Hallander and a 7th is. Now, I fully believe that the Leafs valuation of him vs. the market might never have synced up and so they were always going to be disappointed when shopping, but they saw him as that valuable and Seattle reportedly would have taken him over those other guys too so that's the baseline.

He was put into the playoffs to shore up the PK but imo the implication is that the Leafs have realized they can sign a guy for league min to be large on the PK and be otherwise not notable, and they kinda need the rest of the money. "Passed" is probably not the right word over "replaceable" but it all amounts to the same thing when every dollar counts.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

hmm who is loving stupid enough to bring on that clown at 7 million a season..

maybe Calgary if Gaudreau walks? That organization likes to pretend they are a bunch of tough guys.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

maybe Calgary if Gaudreau walks? That organization likes to pretend they are a bunch of tough guys.

If the Predators lose Forsberg, they'd do it. They've been fine with rapists and abusers in the past and I'm not sure what's suddenly changed there.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^ yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Starsfan posted:

Nill seems due for a major dumb gently caress move to try and save his rear end.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Cocaine Bear posted:

^^^ yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Nill seems due for a major dumb gently caress move to try and save his rear end.

drat, that would blow so much of the money we need to keep the young guys around.

I hate how much that sounds like a thing Dallas would do.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya the only way he comes back to the Oilers is if he wins his grievance against San Jose and any check he gets the next couple seasons reduces what San Jose has to pay him, cause then he could sign for league minimum and it wouldn't effect his actual pay. Even then, I doubt he doesn't sign 5x$8milly or something like that with uhhh Detroit?

Do you know what could potentially happen with San Jose and Kane, like the different or more likely scenarios? Because I'm not really sure what the hell is happening with that anymore.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

Do you know what could potentially happen with San Jose and Kane, like the different or more likely scenarios? Because I'm not really sure what the hell is happening with that anymore.

There are a lot of different ones.

1) Settlement like Mike Richards
2) Kane loses, Sharks owe him nothing, have no cap hit, he's a free agent.
3) Kane wins, he gets all his money but is a UFA. Sharks have a cap hit equal to what he was owed minus whatever his new contract is.
4) Kane wins and his contract is reinstated AND he is still a member of the Sharks which is the funniest ending.

There's supposed to be a judgement before UFA period begins.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Luckily for the Stars, Nill's past dumb gently caress contracts kind of preclude him from singing any more of them. Typically I'd agree with you since Kane is obviously the type of player that Nill covets.. Lest we forget that Nill was super horny to sign Milan Lucic and David Clarkson.. probably also others of a similar mold that we never heard about.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

Luckily for the Stars, Nill's past dumb gently caress contracts kind of preclude him from singing any more of them. Typically I'd agree with you since Kane is obviously the type of player that Nill covets.. Lest we forget that Nill was super horny to sign Milan Lucic and David Clarkson.. probably also others of a similar mold that we never heard about.

Let Klingberg walk and trade away Miro or Robo. Bing bango bongo, so simple!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cocaine Bear posted:

Let Klingberg walk and trade away Miro or Robo. Bing bango bongo, so simple!

Letting Klingberg walk and trading Miro probably means a 5 year deal for Letang though not Kane

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

3) Kane wins, he gets all his money but is a UFA. Sharks have a cap hit equal to what he was owed minus whatever his new contract is.
4) Kane wins and his contract is reinstated AND he is still a member of the Sharks which is the funniest ending.

If there isn't a scenario where Kane loses and gets nothing but the Sharks still have his cap hit, then yeah, #4 is pretty great.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If #4 happens, do the Sharks try to buy him out? Everyone there hated Kanes guts by the end of it

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If #4 happens, do the Sharks try to buy him out? Everyone there hated Kanes guts by the end of it

Further comedy option: they keep him on their minor league team.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

In that case, I'm absolutely rooting for #4.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

As a Sharks' fan, I say bring his rear end back. Would be entertaining. And it'd give the Sharks' community something to talk about other than which one of our C+ forward prospects or late round Russian defenseman are for sure definitely going to pan out.

In case of #4, I think they'd try and trade him with salary retained. They tried last fall with no takers, but that was Kane with 4x7m coming off a 22 game suspension and all that other baggage. But after his successful stint with the Oilers, no one would give him a shot with 3x7m (or 3x3.5m) remaining? His three-team NTC complicates it (thanks DW), but I think he'd waive rather than wallow in the minors. Hilariously he doesn't show up in the buyout calculator on Capfriendly because technically he's not under contract right now. There's other, more pressing buyout candidates (Vlasic at 4x7m, I think they buy him out next year), so they'd probably like to avoid another lengthy dead contract on the books.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think Kane ends up back in Edmonton if its #4 tbh. Trading him for Kassian and possibly evening out the money, but maybe not cause Ken Holland is terrible at the cap stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

#4 and the Oilers winning the Cup would have been the best outcome.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/TheKlenkster/status/1534976253115219978?s=20&t=NadqbADJGZzS3Xn-LA6EPg
hell yeah. i really hope this guy makes it in the nhl

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

I hope he can make it on an airplane.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I googled that dude because I was curious 6'8", 250lbs. For reference Chara is 6'9" 256.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

The Athletic had a good Sharks mailbag article that went over a the Kane scenarios quite a bit and buried in there was this nugget.

quote:

The Athletic’s Kevin Kurz had reported Evander Kane’s three-team trade list at one point had included teams like Buffalo and Winnipeg — clubs that he had left under acrimonious circumstances. It effectively made his protection a no-trade clause.

And don't get me wrong, Kane sucks so hard he could pull the moon out of the sky, but if that's true that's a hell of a smart move. Makes me want to know what other guys with limited NTCs put on their list.