Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Willa Rogers posted:

That's me! Hopped up on jazz cigarettes & contrarianism like Hunter doing a line of coke in one of his homegroan videos! :wink:

Not you specifically, but people like Glenn Greenwald and Tucker always go "But, why aren't we talking about the REAL story?" and "have you ever thought that everything is actually the opposite of what it seems?" every time it gets brought up. And a ton of people parrot that same line. Glenn especially loves slobbering about the NY Post and how they definitely lied about everything before, but they got it exactly right this time! And complains about Rupert Murdoch somehow being censored by the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Horrifying https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/1534659940362616832

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

First thing I thought of was "what if one of the underlying causes triggering a child's depression is a lovely home life, horrible parenting, family neglect or just outright abuse?" Where the one place they can really go to talk about that might be a school psychiatrist.

Here’s the thing one will find out with a special needs kids of any flavor (even categories viewed as positive):

You and your spouse aren’t enough even if you are good or even excellent parents.

Your “first thought” is some bullshit to folks in that situation. And the schools weren’t providing access to get new 504 plan evaluations or occupational therapy on IEPs etc. and as previously posted they were failing to provide services to kids with existing plans, and several major districts are currently being investigated for civil rights violations for that failure.

Personally we had the resources to get outside occupational therapy and then to transfer to get help at another school. It still was pretty goddamn awful.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Not you specifically,

:raise: You were answering a post asking why I, specifically, wasn't going to watch the hearings.

Relax for the evening & rest up for tomorrow!

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

There's a certain group of people who are so hopped up on contrarianism that they are unironically saying that 1/6 was no big deal and simultaneously saying "Sure, the NY Post makes everything up and is a tabloid, but they are the only ones brave enough to tell the truth about Hunter Biden's pedophile ring and $1 million bribe from the Chinese government. They are the only ones who got it right this time!"

Not sure how those two statements are related. There's not really anything contrarian in seeing through the theater on both 1/6 and these hearings.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There's a certain group of people who are so hopped up on contrarianism that they are unironically saying that 1/6 was no big deal and simultaneously saying "Sure, the NY Post makes everything up and is a tabloid, but they are the only ones brave enough to tell the truth about Hunter Biden's pedophile ring and $1 million bribe from the Chinese government. They are the only ones who got it right this time!"

Yeah, those people are idiots. They're both big deals. Have you seen the new Hunter info? Either we're seeing the first deployments of really good deep fakes or it's Hunter. And 1/6 was absolutely an attempt at taking over the government and we got lucky that the attempt turned out to be a dog catching a car, didn't know what to do with it once it got it. Unfortunately both stories have something in common too, they're being blown up for profit and fame while no actual justice or protection comes.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, those people are idiots. They're both big deals. Have you seen the new Hunter info? Either we're seeing the first deployments of really good deep fakes or it's Hunter. And 1/6 was absolutely an attempt at taking over the government and we got lucky that the attempt turned out to be a dog catching a car, didn't know what to do with it once it got it. Unfortunately both stories have something in common too, they're being blown up for profit and fame while no actual justice or protection comes.

Yes, I agree. It's just funny that there is a very prominent group of people and it includes the most popular TV prime-time cable news host, who say "1/6 didn't matter because nothing happened. They are political prisoners arrested for protesting something that didn't even impact the government" and then turn around immediately and say "Look at Hunter Biden's dick pics and these videos of him doing coke! This is going to bring down the government!"

Willa Rogers posted:

:raise: You were answering a post asking why I, specifically, wasn't going to watch the hearings.

Relax for the evening & rest up for tomorrow!

I don't think you are a "group of people" or cable TV's most watched prime-time news host.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
If the Democrats aren't going to act like jan 6th was an attempted fascist coup, then I'm sure as poo poo not going to treat it like one.

You want me to believe it represented an existential threat to our supposed democracy then do something other than cry about decorum being disrespected

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I think historians might label these last few years “The Crying Congress”. Lots of tears and recriminations and not much else.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

A big flaming stink posted:

If the Democrats aren't going to act like jan 6th was an attempted fascist coup, then I'm sure as poo poo not going to treat it like one.

You want me to believe it represented an existential threat to our supposed democracy then do something other than cry about decorum being disrespected

If you base all your decisions on what Congressional Democrats do, then you're gonna have a rough life. You can treat it however you want without needing to reference them collectively to gauge your opinion first.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think it's a fair question to ask why these hearings matter when they waited so long to hold them and they continue to pretend like the GOP is a rational actor.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

If you base all your decisions on what Congressional Democrats do, then you're gonna have a rough life. You can treat it however you want without needing to reference them collectively to gauge your opinion first.

The Congressional Democrats are the people most loudly insisting that 1/6 was a fascist coup. If their own actions don't match their rhetoric, then why should I give the slightest credence to their claims?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think it's a fair question to ask why these hearings matter when they waited so long to hold them and they continue to pretend like the GOP is a rational actor.

They don't matter. That is why they are the public hearings.

The Congressional Democrats are the people most loudly insisting that 1/6 was a fascist coup. If their own actions don't match their rhetoric, then why should I give the slightest credence to their claims?

Would you flip your perspective entirely if Congressional Democrats acted faster? Even if you 100% think they are all political prisoners, then you should be able to come to that conclusion independently by looking at the evidence and actions. it doesn't make sense to make your opinion of facts conditional on how effective you think congressional Democrats are.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 9, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Would you flip your perspective entirely if Congressional Democrats acted faster?

It is very weird that you seem to be arguing that leaders should not lead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Would you flip your perspective entirely if Congressional Democrats acted faster? Even if you 100% think they are all political prisoners, then you should be able to come to that conclusion independently by looking at the evidence and actions. it doesn't make sense to make your opinion of facts conditional on how effective you think congressional Democrats are.

I'd like to hear your reasoning on the first statement.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mr Hootington posted:

It is very weird that you seem to be arguing that leaders should not lead.

How is that what you took away? Please re-read and reassess. If you legitimately think that is what I was saying, then please let me know why and I can correct you.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

This is a great way of thinking: If the Democrats don't behave well on something, you shouldn't care about it either!

Now, that makes you have some pretty terrible policies, or otherwise you're just saying this poo poo for this case only which means that Dem actions have little to do with how you're treating it and you're being dishonest.

I don't see leftist groups violently overthrowing capitalism therefore I have become a capitalist :smuggo:

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 9, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

WorkerThread posted:

I'd like to hear your reasoning on the first statement.

Prosecution is being done by the DOJ with additional referrals from the evidence gathered from the closed hearings and subpoenas. The public hearings explicitly don't matter and are just to try and get the information out and sway public opinion. The first closed hearing was almost a year ago.

If the DOJ is going to prosecute, then they will. If they aren't, then they won't. It doesn't matter what they do at the public hearing because it is all the DAG and Garland's decision. The worst congress can do is refer a contempt of congress charge to the DOJ and ask them to prosecute for it.

The public hearings literally don't matter in terms of prosecution unless someone makes a shocking live confession. It's just to get the classified and subpoenaed information public and grill witnesses.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

This is a great of thinking. If the Democrats don't think something, you shouldn't think something either!

That makes you have some pretty terrible policies, or otherwise you're just saying this poo poo for this case only which means that Dem actions have little to do with how you're treating it.

No, it's pretty clear. In this case the Democrats are the ones claiming that it was an attempted overthrow of the government and that we were one hero cop away from Pence being torn asunder on the Capitol steps. That they almost captured the ballot boxes and guaranteed another 4 years of Trump. To answer something of that magnitude we...charged a few people with protesting crimes and took about a year and a half to charge the obvious ringleaders. Also if you don't want to testify you don't necessarily have to.

It doesn't come across as a real threat. It's not really a surprise that a lot of people just kind of remember it as a crazy day of some jackasses being jackasses in DC and not the Greatest Threat to Our Democracy (TM).

I eagerly await the bombshell they've apparently been sitting on that will suddenly make most of the country care about it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

No, it's pretty clear. In this case the Democrats are the ones claiming that it was an attempted overthrow of the government and that we were one hero cop away from Pence being torn asunder on the Capitol steps. That they almost captured the ballot boxes and guaranteed another 4 years of Trump. To answer something of that magnitude we...charged a few people with protesting crimes and took about a year and a half to charge the obvious ringleaders. Also if you don't want to testify you don't necessarily have to.

It doesn't come across as a real threat. It's not really a surprise that a lot of people just kind of remember it as a crazy day of some jackasses being jackasses in DC and not the Greatest Threat to Our Democracy (TM).

I eagerly await the bombshell they've apparently been sitting on that will suddenly make most of the country care about it.

I don't know if you know this but democrats aren't very progressive and you should probably not take your political direction from them. They tend to be pretty conservative and have bad policy ideas.

Just a thought.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Right. I'm aware but I don't put Willa in that category.

Willa Rogers posted:

That's me! Hopped up on jazz cigarettes & contrarianism like Hunter doing a line of coke in one of his homegroan videos! :wink:

eta serious answer for BB:

Because, having sat through front-to-end congressional hearings on the nomination of Clarence Thomas & the crimes of Iran-Contra, among others, I'd rather have my fingernails torn off one-by-one than watch a bunch of showboating barely sentient mushbrained members of congress trip over the statements prepared by their staffers.

I'll watch the highlights reels if there's anything good.

I understand.

It'll be like listening to either of Trump's impeachment hearings or the Kavanaugh confirmation probably. Lots of repetition and grandstanding but no one will suffer consequences.

I still can't shake the idea that had it been a BLM, women's rights march or a bunch of rainbow flags that day, we'd be looking at a whole different thing even if it had gone down the exact same way. I've overheard RW folks claim that the MAGA's were "invited in" on the basis of videos showing a few of the Capitol police falling back and losing their poo poo facing overwhelming numbers. And I'm also of the idea that some of them were actually sympathetic to the cause but the whole event still bothers me a great deal and the perception of it that I hear in RWM circles troubles me a lot.

So do posts I read calling it a loving joke simply because it failed...that time.

If anything, it was a dress rehearsal and proved that when (not if) they do it again and come armed, lawmakers WILL die at the hands of fascists who think they're re-enacting the second American Revolution. These people and their broken brains loving terrify me. Not from a personal safety standpoint because I'm way past giving a gently caress but more for the future and what things are going to look like for my young son.

I might start a thread if anyone cares to read one since I imagine there's a few people here who will watch and it might flood the board if we talk about in here.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

I don't know if you know this but democrats aren't very progressive and you should probably not take your political direction from them. They tend to be pretty conservative and have bad policy ideas.

Just a thought.
What? How is this a progressive thing? You're not making any sense. The people who were supposedly threatened the most are responding with no apparent urgency or decisiveness. So most of the country responds in kind. This has nothing to do with policy or ideals.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

What? How is this a progressive thing? You're not making any sense. The people who were supposedly threatened the most are responding with no apparent urgency or decisiveness. So most of the country responds in kind. This has nothing to do with policy or ideals.

It's a media thing. If we were still in the era of three broadcast networks 1/6 would have been taken much more seriously. At this point it doesn't matter what they show during the hearings because over half of the country will never see it

Democrats responding more fiercely would have changed nothing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I also think it's worth noting that THAT MANY crazy people showed up to support not just Donald Trump but honestly believe that the 2020 election results were rigged and stolen. Like REALLY believe it and think they are saving America for Jesus. It was quite an impressive display of a large number of totally delusional people living in a different world in their own reality who largely left all the guns they buy at home...this time.

You guys might read the FREEP thread from time to time maybe, and it's not entirely fringe right now. True believers walk the halls of government and are winning elections. They think that Donald J. Trump is a loving messiah. It's not a majority but it's more than I'm comfortable just laughing at. That's fun and all but I have never EVER seen a politician with the level of dedication that this rear end in a top hat brings out in people. And I'm 55 years old.

Name ONE other politician - who lost an election or otherwise - that has this many people flying huge loving flags from the back of their trucks or at the beach or a park. It's a loving cult, buoyed in supply side Christianity, backed by an alarming number of police, and it's bigger than I'd like no matter how stupid, silly or unbelievable it strikes me on the face of it or how ripe it is to make fun of. Could be just where i live and I'm sure that colors my perception of things a lot but probably the religious undertones of the whole thing is what disturbs me the most.

Nothing more dangerous than a large group of people who think that God is On Their Side and that they are doing his will. It's made worse knowing that DJT is the antithesis of Christ's teachings but they don't seem to think so.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Right; it's now a litmus test if you want to be a successful GOP candidate for office that you deny Biden won.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Bunch of fresh new polling out for President Pop-Pop, and the news isn't getting any better:

Morning Consult

quote:

Biden’s weakest job approval rating

* The latest survey found that 58% of voters disapprove of Biden’s job performance and 39% approve. It marks the 46th president’s lowest approval rating and highest disapproval rating in 62 weekly surveys conducted since he took office in January 2021.

* For comparison, Biden’s latest numbers are worse than Donald Trump’s were at this time four years ago, when 45% approved and 52% disapproved of the former president. Biden’s popularity, or lack thereof, mirrors Trump’s standing in June 2020, when the nation was grappling with the twin crises of the pandemic and the response to the murder of George Floyd.

* Republicans are far more strident in their disdain for Biden than Democrats are in their support: 80% of GOP voters “strongly disapprove” of Biden’s job handling, compared with 37% of Democrats who “strongly approve” of it.

Quinnipac

quote:

Americans give President Joe Biden a negative 33 – 55 percent job approval rating with 12 percent not offering an opinion. Biden's 33 percent job approval among Americans ties the low that he received in Quinnipiac University national polls on April 13, 2022 and January 12, 2022.

In today’s poll, Democrats approve (79 – 11 percent) of the way Biden is handling his job, while Republicans (88 – 6 percent) and independents (61 – 25 percent) disapprove.

In today’s poll, registered voters give President Biden a negative 35 – 56 percent approval rating with 9 percent not offering an opinion. Biden’s 35 percent job approval among registered voters ties the low that he received in Quinnipiac University national polls on April 13, 2022 and January 12, 2022.

Americans were asked about President Biden’s handling of…

• the response to the coronavirus: 47 percent approve, while 46 percent disapprove;

• the response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine: 42 percent approve, while 50 percent disapprove;

• gun violence: 32 percent approve, while 59 percent disapprove;

• the economy: 28 percent approve, while 64 percent disapprove

YouGov

Once again, Biden's highest support is among the wealthiest Americans:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Here's an OP for your thread, BiggerBoat.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

The Supreme Court security bill is just the most darkly hilarious poo poo when you get down to it. Just, "how can we pass despotic pseudo legislation no one wants if we don't protect the monsters from the people they're doing harm to."

How indeed Mitch.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Willa Rogers posted:

Huh, that disapproval rating for both overall and job/economy based on income is pretty much even, which slightly surprises me. Basically the difference for <$50k is shifting the approval to not sure category.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Democratic leadership's response to the initial peaceful protests of the draft was a resounding "Hey guys, calm down."

I'd say Biden and co would do anything to get back to the days of martini lunches with Mitch McConnell, but I don't think he'd need that extra incentive. I don't think the motherfucker has contempt for anyone the way he does for the mouthy rabble that ostensibly make up the Democratic base.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 9, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Willa Rogers posted:

Bunch of fresh new polling out for President Pop-Pop, and the news isn't getting any better:

Morning Consult

Quinnipac

YouGov

The polling data on economic issues is extremely concerning if you are a fed official.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Kalit posted:

Huh, that disapproval rating for both overall and job/economy based on income is pretty much even, which slightly surprises me. Basically the difference for <$50k is shifting the approval to not sure category.

Yeah, the difference is negligible, but just as I've pointed out the anomaly of olds giving a Dem president higher approvals than the youngs, I think it's notable when a Dem president has higher approvals among wealthier voters.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

selec posted:

I think historians might label these last few years “The Crying Congress”. Lots of tears and recriminations and not much else.
When you say "historians", do you mean the extraterrestrials who discover the ruins of our civilization?

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-children-testify-oath-real-estate-investigation/story?id=85267731

No, I'm not hoping for anything to come of it, but just getting the guy on the stand seems like a feat at this point.

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 9, 2022

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1534558863269187585?s=20&t=WdTWeg4a_FRu5-AHgrX1xA

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Judging from my interactions with people, any constructive way forward relies on you never mentioning democrats, unless it's asserting your disapproval and disgust regarding biden/pelosi/Hillary. Democrats are typically a non starter with anybody who isn't a comfortable establishment type, for me at least. And comfortable establishment types are usually wealthy and think things were going great before Trump oh man how did this happen?!?!

In our two party system, that bodes really poorly! But I can and do poo poo on republicans too (extra hard btw gently caress them into the grave), and nobody's punched me yet. Some eventually nod along!

People can be won, but we have to abandon any faith or hope in the status quo to build a bridge out of where we are. It will absolutely be... "uncomfortable", but damage is already being shunted towards the least culpable and least powerful, while we watch the future of our only planet degrade. Its already wrong and doomed.

"We" can't seize power within these confines, "we" can't change hearts and minds without this radical rhetoric. I've been the bleeding heart hippy who's voted Democrat every election my whole life, why am I finding more purchase with rural conservative adjacent folks than with my supposed allies? Business as usual with a rainbow BLM flag on your lawn isn't wisdom or strength, and not hating that person is the same energy it takes to not hate somebody who's inclined to vote republican. Have some loving imagination right?

Guess this is kind of a personal rant but goddamn the feeble blindness that is at large disturbs me. Some of the most comforting discussions I have involve people reassuring me I have to wait for us to destroy ourselves and accept my insignificance, and I want to rage against that but y'all can't even get over these enforced paradigms.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Its unfortunate that the prevailing message among the party and the base has become "we must uphold our institutions even as they're subverted by fascists". How do we get these people to heed the warnings of political analysts who have been sounding the alarm about compromised voting rights and the permanent GOP majority? We're watching America get gift wrapped in moral high-ground and handed to Republicans.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Bishyaler posted:

Its unfortunate that the prevailing message among the party and the base has become "we must uphold our institutions even as they're subverted by fascists". How do we get these people to heed the warnings of political analysts who have been sounding the alarm about compromised voting rights and the permanent GOP majority? We're watching America get gift wrapped in moral high-ground and handed to Republicans.

I mean, he's right, in that progressives with some connection to reality know that "just shoot the people we hate" is a perfectly valid option for the fascists and not a viable option for anyone on the left.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
Border agents just got a waiver to constitutional rights.

https://twitter.com/cristianafarias/status/1534539839529525251?s=20&t=Ss5bJiUjCiqh_8Q_IMf2Mg

Flying-PCP posted:

I mean, he's right, in that progressives with some connection to reality know that "just shoot the people we hate" is a perfectly valid option for the fascists and not a viable option for anyone on the left.

Why is it valid for fascists but not for people being subjugated by fascists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I also think it's worth noting that THAT MANY crazy people showed up to support not just Donald Trump but honestly believe that the 2020 election results were rigged and stolen. Like REALLY believe it and think they are saving America for Jesus. It was quite an impressive display of a large number of totally delusional people living in a different world in their own reality who largely left all the guns they buy at home...this time.

You guys might read the FREEP thread from time to time maybe, and it's not entirely fringe right now. True believers walk the halls of government and are winning elections. They think that Donald J. Trump is a loving messiah. It's not a majority but it's more than I'm comfortable just laughing at. That's fun and all but I have never EVER seen a politician with the level of dedication that this rear end in a top hat brings out in people. And I'm 55 years old.

Name ONE other politician - who lost an election or otherwise - that has this many people flying huge loving flags from the back of their trucks or at the beach or a park. It's a loving cult, buoyed in supply side Christianity, backed by an alarming number of police, and it's bigger than I'd like no matter how stupid, silly or unbelievable it strikes me on the face of it or how ripe it is to make fun of. Could be just where i live and I'm sure that colors my perception of things a lot but probably the religious undertones of the whole thing is what disturbs me the most.

Nothing more dangerous than a large group of people who think that God is On Their Side and that they are doing his will. It's made worse knowing that DJT is the antithesis of Christ's teachings but they don't seem to think so.

It's more of an extension of right-wing thought than Trump himself, all Trump really did was give it a figurehead, tear down the curtain and start bellowing their ideology from a megaphone. It's taken decades of brainwashing and 24/7 directed propaganda to get the Republican base this unbelievably divorced from reality. It didn't suddenly start with Trump, he's just another step down that road.

The quasi-religious, and occasionally overtly religious, fervor has always been there too, as has flags being worshipped as a divine idols. The right have been conditioned to believe that they, the most ideologically pandered-to demographic in the world, are oppressed rebels fighting the system and are under constant assault from sinister forces. And as the con-men die off and true believers take their place this belief gets more and more overt and deranged.

Bishyaler posted:

Border agents just got a waiver to constitutional rights.

Fun fact: this apparently applies to within 100 miles of any U.S border, which given how U.S cities are concentrated means border patrol can do whatever they want to roughly 60% of the population