Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

univbee posted:

PlayStation still getting first crack at the beta too. $69 billion well spent.

It’s fine Sony weebs have the experience dealing with broken poo poo that doesn’t work :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In other news about this call of duty game, it seems they've killed $60 pricing entirely. The minimum launch price for the game is $70, but includes the game on both XB1 and Series platforms (with a smart delivery disc version). The PC version is also $70 as a baseline. Next gen has finally arrived.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, we gamers can enjoy what 10 more dollars of quality bu-wahahaha Im kidding, of course, game pass me captain.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

That cod better be good since we’re not getting another one for a while

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What would be cool is if you can buy through the xbox store and then play it on either pc or xbox :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Blue Raider posted:

That cod better be good since we’re not getting another one for a while

cod was always bad and it is good we will not get another for a while. ideally we'd not get another one at all.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Omon Ra posted:

gameplay redefined

i can only assume you mean a very loose interpretation of the word 'gameplay' here in this video because there was not a single HUD or actual player controlled first person footage in that entire 'gameplay' trailer.

just give us a 5 minute video of someone playing a match.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the brain case of the average call of duty fan is emptier than kurt cobain's was on april 5th 1994

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Call of duty fans heads are full of buckshot and teeth?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

cod was always bad and it is good we will not get another for a while. ideally we'd not get another one at all.

:yeah:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i like call of duty

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Laserface posted:

just give us a 5 minute video of someone playing a match.
There'll apparently be a gameplay reveal during the Summer Game Fest thing tomorrow, showing one of the campaign levels.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

CoD2 is one of the best fps games ever made. sorry about your unrefined gaming palate, nerd

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

but since I got the new console, it always a to pop up a dialog saying "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" when he tries to start one.

I looked it up, apparently I haven't set the new console as my "home console" yet. Should be good then.

Also CoD is the blandest of bland shooters. It may not have been when it started, but it sure is now.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t play other modern shooters after playing the new DOOMS and Titanfall 2, they’re all too stiff and sluggish

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I looked it up, apparently I haven't set the new console as my "home console" yet. Should be good then.

Also CoD is the blandest of bland shooters. It may not have been when it started, but it sure is now.

Instead of looking it up you could have simply read the post two under yours.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Oh, wow. I swear I only saw one person joke quoting my post before the discussion moved on. :doh:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

People that dont like Call of Duty are squares that dont enjoy dopamine hits.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Laserface posted:

People that dont like Call of Duty are squares that dont enjoy dopamine hits.

That hitmarker sound and picking up cash sound in warzone, mmm that’s the stuff.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

AC : Origins is running smooth as butter. Very nice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toys For Bob can only be let out of the call of duty mines when they patch spyro to 60fps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cod owns. Only baba brains think it’s bad because they can’t handle how fun they are

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

cringe

mega cringe

three cringe streak

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they already made the best modern cod wrt movement and it's called advanced warfare and it was a commercial flop because of console players being fail gamers when it comes to fps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

they already made the best modern cod wrt movement and it's called advanced warfare and it was a commercial flop because of console players being fail gamers when it comes to fps

that was a great game, really underrated.

being able to play literally all of them on Series X is win

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The only COD I ever played that isn't COD 1 or 2, is Modern Warfare on the PS4. I played a whole lot of it, the maps were fun and I liked the gameplay. It's a very satisfying shooting experience!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

FunOne posted:

ITs been 3 whole years since I Gold->XBU. I just let it lapse today, am I good to just buy another 3 years of gold then convert so I get ultimate for 3 years for ~150ish or whatever that is now? Thats not a bad value at all.

Or is there some other step I'm missing before I start buying gold cards.
had my 3 years expire two weeks ago and managed to do that last night. gold cards went in fine, had errors doing the $1 conversion - what ended up working was inputting a one month GPU code on the console, not the PC browser. sub converted until 2025, everything seems fine.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Oh yeah the new Forza Horizon expansion will be Hot Wheels, graphic went up early on Steam.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Red Warrior posted:

Oh yeah the new Forza Horizon expansion will be Hot Wheels, graphic went up early on Steam.

Awesome! Any idea when this might be available?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

BisterdDave posted:

Awesome! Any idea when this might be available?

No indication, it was for the expansion pass and said 'includes Expansion 1' with the Hot Wheels pic.

Ah here Wario64 grabbed it
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1534781674591989761

Early start to some other house keeping infrastructure type announcements
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1534870537960230914

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 9, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Some minor news tidbits dropped before the Xbox Stream

• An XCloud app will be released to Samsung 2022 Smart TVs on June 30. Many Bluetooth controllers will be supported, and Fortnite will be free for anyone to play.
  • XCloud is now available in Argentina and New Zealand.
  • Various gaming improvements to Windows 11 (windowed app optimisations, hdr calibration app, controller bar...) and the Edge browser (dedicated gaming home page, clarity boost, games menu pointing to popular freebies, efficiency mode for reduced resource use when a game's running)
  • XCloud starting to add support for non-Game Pass games (ex. games you already own)
  • A new system for curated game demos for Game Pass members, coming next year.
  • XBox Design Lab now available in 11 more countries (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Slovakia and Switzerland, with Taiwan this summer) with new pastel and camo-top options.

EDIT: drat, beaten. This is what happens with I don't just copy paste tweets for once.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I know everyone considers Hot Wheels to be the greatest expansion in FH history, but I hope it adds some much needed variety and (almost assuredly) track-building/sharing this time.

It was very cool and changed the fundamental game mechanics of FH3 but very samey after a while.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

The Kins posted:

EDIT: drat, beaten. This is what happens with I don't just copy paste tweets for once.

Yeah I used to do that for years on other forums but gently caress it it's good to be lazy.

Fly Ricky posted:

I know everyone considers Hot Wheels to be the greatest expansion in FH history, but I hope it adds some much needed variety and (almost assuredly) track-building/sharing this time.

It was very cool and changed the fundamental game mechanics of FH3 but very samey after a while.

Yeah it should be much more flexible and open hopefully considering the customization stuff in Horizon 5.

If it has more monster truck stuff my 5yo is going to lose his poo poo.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 9, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one thing that really pissed me off about Forza is when I use someone else's design or tuning I can't edit it without deleting the whole loving thing. mostly because people love to put ugly rear end parts on their tunings.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
whenever i see someone say cod is bad what i read is “i am bad at cod, therefore it sucks”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

whenever i see someone say cod is bad what i read is “i am bad at cod, therefore it sucks”

yep, same

i'm bad at cod and it's good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I haven't really enjoyed one since blops2...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I haven't really enjoyed one since blops2...

:same:

WW2 was fun enough, but I got bored with it pretty quickly since the objective based modes rarely had a big player base, and Shipment 24/7 got boring after a week or two.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
making one of those "crying with nostalgia at video game soundtrack" youtube comments except about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD3ylxcTomE

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soul Glo posted:

i just don't like the maps they have and since they never patch them or change them like counterstrike maps sometimes do it's just like that until they're replaced completely next game. i have a vague suspicion that each of the main studios doesn't actually have a mapping team that only does multiplayer maps and instead it's just whatever level designer was working that day. there's rarely a coherent flow and especially on the apartment type maps you end up with like, overlooks that can only see 5 feet of a random flank that's never used because there's no cover anyway. in a shooter map there should be absolutely zero wasted or useless geometry, everything should be drawing your eye to main approaches and objectives. cod has semi-random objectives and completely random spawns and while this is fine for an hour or two here and there on the shuffle playlist it absolutely sucks if you're me and used to play search and destroy all day on mw2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, friends, its time for the ultimate challenge. Elden Ring played with touch controls streamed to my phone