Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Xiahou Dun posted:

He literally gave an """""interview""""" earlier today decrying how the woman on the cover of Sports Illustrated is a crime against beauty and masculinity and god.

Wait, he's STILL on this?!

Edit: This generation's leading intellectual went on his own daugther's podcast to talk about this poo poo?! Weeks later this is where he is?!

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

DressCodeBlue posted:

Like four months ago lmao. I will never understand why people give a poo poo about D&D ~influencers~.

Edit: Beaten because I had to share that cursed image.

this makes me angry in a way i can't describe with words

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It got more clicks than just saying something boring about progressives again.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah. He's still doing... that thing. I haven't really looked, but he seemed to be just plugging away from the tiny amount I checked.

Not gonna link, but it's a pretty easy google cause it's like 11 hours old.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah. He's still doing... that thing. I haven't really looked, but he seemed to be just plugging away from the tiny amount I checked.

Not gonna link, but it's a pretty easy google cause it's like 11 hours old.

Yeah, I found it. Also not gonna link to dog shampoo guy's mother's column moaning about how Sports Illustrated is forcing us (somehow?!?!?) to appreciate girls who aren't the right weight for her.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

That Old Tree posted:

I doubt he could be a marathon blowhard like he used to be, but he seems largely back to his old self unfortunately. It was already 99% nonsense even before his meatquest.

That's fair, I guess I meant the marathon rambles, but it's already hard to follow all the crap he says.

Xiahou Dun posted:

He literally gave an """""interview""""" earlier today decrying how the woman on the cover of Sports Illustrated is a crime against beauty and masculinity and god.

He always was a big proponent of sex positivity. I can see why Jamison Stone and Santine Phoenix would be so into him.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Anyway, just to be clear, it's not the one thing he's deigning to nonpologize about. It's never just the one thing.

Never

https://twitter.com/UncannyParker/status/1534587751756025856

just

https://twitter.com/bodyandsoul152/status/1534597857327689729

the

https://twitter.com/ravnos/status/1534604369529823232

one

https://twitter.com/realmsmithtv/status/1534692002570375174

thing

https://twitter.com/DixieCyanide/status/1534696268152422400

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's your take on Ultraviolet Grasslands` various economic mechanics? Do they scratch the right itch for you?

You're the first person I've seen mention them, but I'll definitely check the book out, it's kinda flown under my radar.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
https://twitter.com/JasonTDnDDM/status/1534745856288735232?t=yiH_sAlG5qx6VOTqFMb1Sg&s=19

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Green Intern posted:

I think that it's a chakra wheel or something along those lines? I'm not a Buddhist. I also thought it was a sonnenrad at first glance and nearly jumped out of my loving skin.
I am, and I ain't ever seen poo poo like that. I've seen things VAGUELY LIKE IT but usually like, surrounding the medicine Buddha or something. I'm going to look into this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Jorpo's current schtick is breaking into tears at the slightest provocation. And like, no shade to any man willing to show some emotion and vulnerability, but the irksome part is that he's weeping over the horror of the things we might need to do to address climate change, as though taking a loving bus is an atrocity inflicted on younger generations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You're the first person I've seen mention them, but I'll definitely check the book out, it's kinda flown under my radar.

I played it for a couple of sessions, it's really meant to be about exploring strange new parts of the world and setting up trade with them. There's a free intro, although I think there have been some adjustments since then. I haven't read through enough to run it myself so I can't say how much fundamental has changed.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Jorpo's current schtick is breaking into tears at the slightest provocation. And like, no shade to any man willing to show some emotion and vulnerability, but the irksome part is that he's weeping over the horror of the things we might need to do to address climate change, as though taking a loving bus is an atrocity inflicted on younger generations.

When are his followers going to have the time to watch his hours-long videos if they're not taking public transportation?

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 9, 2022

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nessus posted:

I am, and I ain't ever seen poo poo like that. I've seen things VAGUELY LIKE IT but usually like, surrounding the medicine Buddha or something. I'm going to look into this

Thank you!

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
https://renaissancegamer.ca/2022/06/08/apotheosis-studios-the-culmination-of-unprofessionalism/

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

"I'm doing my best to put out The Adventures Of Me But With A Sword but these DASTARDLY WRITERS keep blowing it! Clearly they haven't been paying attention to my great Ideas."

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Lumbermouth posted:

"I'm doing my best to put out The Adventures Of Me But With A Sword but these DASTARDLY WRITERS keep blowing it! Clearly they haven't been paying attention to my great Ideas."

Oh my god he's pulling a Siembieda.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
We're an hour out from "Diversity and Inclusion Time with two Jorp Fan Bullies and Gaslighters" at Origins.

Kinda wondering how that'll go down but my suspicion is it's already filled with sycophants and they won't take questions.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

dwarf74 posted:

We're an hour out from "Diversity and Inclusion Time with two Jorp Fan Bullies and Gaslighters" at Origins.

Kinda wondering how that'll go down but my suspicion is it's already filled with sycophants and they won't take questions.

I hope someone streams/records this. :allears:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I hope someone streams/records this. :allears:
My prediction - long hashtag weird apology, "put it behind us and move on" and rapturous applause from the self selected crowd.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

dwarf74 posted:

My prediction - long hashtag weird apology, "put it behind us and move on" and rapturous applause from the self selected crowd.

It's too much to hope that one of their contractors will be in the audience yelling at them to pay the difference.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Hypnobeard posted:

Oh my god he's pulling a Siembieda.

lol, this is what sprung to mind for me as well.

eta: He writes like he's the unholy lovechild of Zak S and Siembieda (C) (TM) (LLC)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Okay this got me

https://twitter.com/Miss_Jess03/status/1534912255447408641

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So how long until he goes on Joe Rogan to talk about how the libs cancelled him out of the nerdsphere

EDIT: I'm half tempted to toxx over one of them starting to pal around with Zak S again within the next few months

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 9, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Assuming that she's not going to just stay radio silent and keep dragging in Patreon money

https://twitter.com/MarkMeredith/status/1534640418159067136

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Froghammer posted:

So how long until he goes on Joe Rogan to talk about how the libs cancelled him out of the nerdsphere

EDIT: I'm half tempted to toxx over one of them starting to pal around with Zak S again within the next few months

There's a possibility they already are on the down-low, for all we know.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Anyone hear of origins drama or lack thereof?

e: I am hearing that several (all?) of their joint events have been canceled. The only ones not are a live stream and Satine's event(s) that don't have Stone with her. So yeah they're trying to place all blame on him to preserve her image.

The noon thing today got axed, for example.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 9, 2022

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Xiahou Dun posted:

He’s right.

I don’t know what they were thinking by featuring Elon Musk’s mom. :wink:

(Also lol at Lobster Boy flipping out over a plus-size model when that was the beauty standard of most of the Western Classical thinkers he constantly wanks off about)

Gatto Grigio fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 9, 2022

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

dwarf74 posted:

Anyone hear of origins drama or lack thereof?

e: I am hearing that several (all?) of their joint events have been canceled. The only ones not are a live stream and Satine's event(s) that don't have Stone with her. So yeah they're trying to place all blame on him to preserve her image.

The noon thing today got axed, for example.

It's going well.

I hear they bounced and their business partner neighbors RPGTravel are both pissed and getting pissed on.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Wait, is her big thing GMing for hire, really?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gatto Grigio posted:

He’s right.

I don’t know what they were thinking by featuring Elon Musk’s mom. :wink:

(Also lol at Lobster Boy flipping out over a plus-size model when that was the beauty standard of most of the Western Classical thinkers he constantly wanks off about)

When the beauty standard wasn't an oiled-up teen or adolescent boy. A fact about the Classical period they've been studiously ignoring for a very long time.

Yes I'm significantly over-simplifying Classical sexuality in order to make a jab and there are like 40 different dissertation topics on just distinct beauty standards they would hate don't @ me.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Mors Rattus posted:

I believe you will find out her Big Thing is scamming people with Kickstarters.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Toshimo posted:

It's going well.

I hear they bounced and their business partner neighbors RPGTravel are both pissed and getting pissed on.
Daaaaaaamn

Excellent timing, Chad the tattoo guy.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Toshimo posted:

It's going well.

Hm, that's very unprofessional behavior that they're exhibiting right now. I expect they'll likely send RPGTravel and the convention handwritten apologies to convey their sincerity and humility.

Mors Rattus posted:

With the advent of twitch streaming we now have access to abusive and controlling GMs at a macro level. I love the future of roleplaying!

Of course this happens in all other avenues of twitch as well, not just TTRPGs.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Toshimo posted:

Funny how they've been bad actors for years, and it only took one person stepping forward to bring them to this very quickly.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I feel like it's always that way, really. When people are bad actors for years they do a lot of shady poo poo, so when the dam finally bursts it really bursts, but when the bad actor has a position of power (social, financial, whatever) it can be very difficult -- and risky for the whistleblower -- to burst that dam in the first place.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I think I've seen her only in LA by NIght and in some stuff on Good Time Society but not as a gm. She does d&d stuff for wotc right?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

She was their community relations person for a while, hence her nauseating Herald of Compassion branding.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
She featured a few times in that documentary about D&D art.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Covermeinsunshine posted:

I think I've seen her only in LA by NIght and in some stuff on Good Time Society but not as a gm. She does d&d stuff for wotc right?
she was the D&D community manager for a few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah she had a one year deal at WotC for CM in I think 2018