Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-06-09/aka-akasaka-mengo-yokoyari-oshi-no-ko-manga-gets-anime/.186477

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

covids over stop being alarmist

marumaru
May 20, 2013

hell yeah. not surprised in the slightest, that's a mostly, aside from the pacing, really excellent manga.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone at work got COVID recently and we discovered the OSHA guidelines are now that you're fine to work if you don't have symptoms. lol

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i must confess that i haven't really been wearing masks anymore. but the cases have been going up again (from near zero a month or two ago) so i'm starting to take a mask with me to crowded places, except for the gym. people do look at me like i'm crazy when i wear a mask.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wrong thread

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I still wear a mask in public places and also in recent years I have grown my hair out which means I have gone from being a completely indistinguishable generic white guy to being remembered at stores I frequent. Not used to that happening to me and haven't quite gotten used to it haha.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

marumaru posted:

i must confess that i haven't really been wearing masks anymore. but the cases have been going up again (from near zero a month or two ago) so i'm starting to take a mask with me to crowded places, except for the gym. people do look at me like i'm crazy when i wear a mask.

I usually wear a mask everywhere but it’s more for other’s safety, I’ve been boosted on top of already getting it back in 2020 so I’m mostly worried for dumbasses/people with compromised immune systems who can’t get vaccinated.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

I usually wear a mask everywhere but it’s more for other’s safety, I’ve been boosted on top of already getting it back in 2020 so I’m mostly worried for dumbasses/people with compromised immune systems who can’t get vaccinated.

oh yeah totally. i had a cold the other day and wore one just because of that. i kinda hoped that wearing masks when you have a cough would catch on the way it is in asia but no such luck

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I wear a n95 mask whenever I leave my apartment because long covid is very real and I don't want to roll the dice on that.

AnimeExpo retracted its announcement later today and said they would still require proof of vaccination and negative tests. But it'll probably still be massively overcrowded and most people are probably still in cloth masks so lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I think they retracted it because they realized that not only were they suspect to people requesting chargebacks but also potential legal action for deceitful marketing since registrations were purchased with the policy of proof of vaccination and they did not say those policies were subject to change.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I had to stop wearing a mask towards the end of the semester since all the running around I was doing at work and the school I work for doesn't have AC in the hallways meant I was dying. Texas heat ftl

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

last time I went outside was to taco bell and they gave me the wrong taco. can't recommend it, quite frankly

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

last time I went outside was to taco bell and they gave me the wrong taco. can't recommend it, quite frankly

You said you got an upgrade smdh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
half the fun of taco bell is paying $5 for an entire meal and it being a complete gamble on whether you'll get what you ordered or not

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They seem to pay more attention to app orders at the taco bell I go to, at least they haven't hosed up my order since I switched to app ordering because I like to customize what I'm getting.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

They seem to pay more attention to app orders at the taco bell I go to, at least they haven't hosed up my order since I switched to app ordering because I like to customize what I'm getting.

Yea I always had terrible luck with placing orders in person since I usually gotta modify stuff to make it vegan and that's always a gamble (not that I blame the employees, they're overworked and underpaid). I'm glad that the app is pretty deece, haven't had a hosed up order since I started using it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kild posted:

You said you got an upgrade smdh
not true. i told you i was robbed of my spicy potato soft taco

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

not true. i told you i was robbed of my spicy potato soft taco

Yeah and thats bottom tier

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Larry Parrish posted:

half the fun of taco bell is paying $5 for an entire meal and it being a complete gamble on whether you'll get what you ordered or not

I.....just wanted the chips. Why is it so hard:smith:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Most of the menu is just a mix of beans, rice, beef and a tortilla. you really cant go wrong no matter what they give you

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
don't forget the wilted lettuce

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

+ potato

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

we got the potato back after so long and any time that supply is hosed with it's an absolute debacle do NOT mock snail

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taco Bell is good actually

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like chicken quesadilla and beef quesadillos (stupid spellcheck just because it's a made up word doesn't mean it's wrong.) cheesy gordita crunch, and the rarely appearing nacho fries. If I just want something fast and quick I get a box with a beefy 5 burrito and whatever the current menu item they're pushing with the box.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Kwyndig posted:

I like chicken quesadilla and beef quesadillos (stupid spellcheck just because it's a made up word doesn't mean it's wrong.) cheesy gordita crunch, and the rarely appearing nacho fries. If I just want something fast and quick I get a box with a beefy 5 burrito and whatever the current menu item they're pushing with the box.

CGC is a top tier menu item

TB also has good breakfast, get the breakfast burritos with the hashbrown in it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thinking about the taco bell anime cm now. got some fun easter eggs in the background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csyw7jH_Cpo

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

thinking about the taco bell anime cm now. got some fun easter eggs in the background

Fearless snail

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
del taco is superior for the fact you get freshly grated cheese.

homeless snail posted:

"hello there fellow kids" but anime

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1535330544849801216

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

They still union busting?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ardeem posted:

They still union busting?

Absolutely. Def willing to correct this issue to try to not get into even more hot water lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

x potato...

marumaru
May 20, 2013

As someone who has never heard of that, and after seeing the title of the Manga and who's publishing it, my expectations for what's gone wrong are kinda low

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

As someone who has never heard of that, and after seeing the title of the Manga and who's publishing it, my expectations for what's gone wrong are kinda low

They did alot of editorializing and changed all the masculine pronoun usage of one of the characters to female and essentially changed entire text of the work to make it an explicitly trans thing which is pretty messed up thing to do, there's alot of intentional ambiguity in the work itself that just got scrubbed out.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/ArkNemesis5/status/1535376535594897409?s=20&t=3B8DMuLXp07VMll32p3K3Q

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

marumaru posted:

Someone went over all of it here: https://ethylene.mangadex.com/review-i-think-i-turned-my-childhood-friend-into-a-girl-volume-1/

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's kind of funny because I just realized I don't think crossdressing is ever depicted in the States as something a straight person would do. It's always a gay man or a trans person or what have you.

Also only men crossdress, women almost never get referred to as crossdressing.

Not that I'm trying to cut them some slack but it's possible to be clueless enough to think the author has the same bias I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think the changes were made maliciously but it's a real boneheaded thing to do for sure. Especially cuz like what if it ends with them dressing like a guy again or anything. Now you've made the work look extremely messed up if you were editing it to be an explicit trans thing lol