Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

G-III posted:

I feel bad for Ewan and Hayden because now they are in a way worse prequel.

Portman must be laughing her little rear end off

Hard to laugh while going through roid rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That DICK! posted:

why'd they even bring hayden back lol.

Marketing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think Hayden has had maybe a minute of actual screen time so far

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

G-III posted:

I feel bad for Ewan and Hayden because now they are in a way worse prequel.

Portman must be laughing her little rear end off

Not sure how little her rear end is now. Portman got pretty pumped for Love and Thunder.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think Hayden has had maybe a minute of actual screen time so far

I haven't been watching the show but has Hayden even had any actual lines yet?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Larryb posted:

I haven't been watching the show but has Hayden even had any actual lines yet?

I'm pretty sure the first third/half of "I am... what you made me!" was mostly Hayden before the Vader voice intensifies.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hes more AI than character now

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's definitely part of it

Personally I feel like you can blame the TV issues on Filoni or Favreau more than her. However, she was clearly very involved in the new sequel trilogy, and as of right now there are zero Star Wars films under production, with the last one being by far the most poorly received of all of the films.

I dont really see it as that because they had less to do with Boba Fett as a whole and have nothing at all to do with this, which is the worst TV yet. Boba Fett had the obvious two episodes of Mandalorian 2.5.

I really think the issue is Disney forcing stuff by committee that they wouldn't do otherwise and have to work around, because they do that with everything, but it's really hard to prove.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Valve Steam Deck posted:

She's a rich hollywood executive yeah but there are a whole sea of rich Disney execs with their hands in the pot too and yet you can't name a single one, I wonder why that is?

Nah, chuds mention Kevin Feige just as much as Kennedy nowadays.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spermando posted:

Nah, chuds mention Kevin Feige just as much as Kennedy nowadays.

They've noticed that there's a few more women in the MCU besides Black Widow and Captain Marvel as of Phase 4 and it's got their neck hairs in a tither because a 25:75 female-to-male ratio up from a 10:90 is panic mode territory. Feige betrayed them and now they're mad at him.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
You put those goalposts back.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Plus the A-Wing wasn't even developed until YEARS after this episode would've happened.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Plus the A-Wing wasn't even developed until YEARS after this episode would've happened.

Rebels and other bits of the Disney-EU made the A-Wing the main fighter for the Rebellion in the early years

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I'm having a lot of fun with these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od_YDko2w2Y

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

IDK about the narrower creative decisions but there were major strategic missteps in the sequels that the producer surely has to take responsibility for. If you're going to have separate directors you should give them guidance to make sure that the trilogy is cohesive, or even better get them to talk to each other. TRoS in particular is full of a lot of baffling swerves that suggest poor management.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 11, 2022

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Ep 9 is one of the weirdest movies ever made. Possibly the most expensive film ever created entirely by improv and moment-to-moment reactions to internet backlash.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
A wings were around during clone wars, its like contemporary with the V wing (tie fighter precursor).

Most awings are hand-made and feature wood panelling on the interior.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wow this series is bad.

Like the first episode of Kenobi was a stinker, but sometimes pilots and early episodes are just like that to let the characters breathe a bit and to set up what the stakes are.

But it just keeps going at the same low level.

Mandalorian was just great overall (at least season 1). You had a simple plot and you believed the characters motivations and even with a main actor who didn't show his face you still had emotions play out and it all felt real and well-acted.

Here its like they all decided one take was good enough for every scene and they used the first draft of the script without any input from anyone on how they're supposed to act so everyone either looks confused, scared or like they're faking anger and determination.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 11, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Imagined posted:

Ep 9 is one of the weirdest movies ever made. Possibly the most expensive film ever created entirely by improv and moment-to-moment reactions to internet backlash.

There were rumours swirling around that they were months deep into production and still doing major rewrites to the script, and actors would be showing up to set without any idea what they would be filming and with who on any given day.

Don’t know how true any of that even was, but given what I saw of that movie, I inherently believe it anyway.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Imagined posted:

It’s also proof that Internet backlash should be ignored because that movie is a dumpster fire.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

There were rumours swirling around that they were months deep into production and still doing major rewrites to the script, and actors would be showing up to set without any idea what they would be filming and with who on any given day.

Don’t know how true any of that even was, but given what I saw of that movie, I inherently believe it anyway.

That's not even a rumor, JJ said as much in interviews https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/movies/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-jj-abrams.html

quote:

The filmmakers tried to shield the actors where possible from a behind-the-scenes process in which major plot elements and whole swaths of dialogue were being reworked up to and on the days they were filmed.

As Terrio explained, “It’s a war to do a movie like this, and every day you have to get up and go to the front again. And maybe the day before, the battle didn’t go so well, but you have to get up with great optimism and enthusiasm to do it again.”

Abrams makes no apologies for this seat-of-the-pants approach. “As we did on ‘Force Awakens,’” he said, “while we’re shooting, we’re reconsidering things, changing some significant story points going back to ideas that we had loved but put away. That process never stopped.”

“Some people can say, oh, that sounds like it’s crazy,” Abrams said. “But when you have the better idea, it doesn’t matter when it is — you have to try it.”

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
except all your ideas were bad jj

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That sounds like absolute hell and I’m glad that both Abrams and Terrio’s creative careers appear to be on ice now post-Rise of Skywalker.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

nine-gear crow posted:

That sounds like absolute hell and I’m glad that both Abrams and Terrio’s creative careers appear to be on ice now post-Rise of Skywalker.

Empire Wreckers did a pretty thorough examination of the production of that movie, from the ST's rough outlines in 2014 to its constantly-shifting production. A lot of things went wrong on a lot of levels, morphing what could (but probably wouldn't) have been passable ideas into worse ones through cascading changes. It's an interesting watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBExyfw8mXk

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I do blame Kennedy for taking the Lord and Miller version of Solo from us. You can have comedy and emotional stakes. But apparently not in Star Wars

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I think that’s the case with CHUD YouTube disliking a lot of the Kennedy era Star Wars stuff.

The employees crossing out Luke in pictures was a bad look. They gave them plenty of ammunition.

E: I was wrong about Hidalgo. I removed that part.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 12, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I think that’s the case with CHUD YouTube disliking a lot of the Kennedy era Star Wars stuff.

The employees crossing out Luke in pictures was a bad look. Hidalgo mocking fans getting emotional about Luke appearing in Mando was a bad look. They gave them plenty of ammunition.

Pablo Hidalgo was actually making fun of the people who were making fun of the guy who broke down crying at the sight of Action Figure Luke in Mando, trying to come to the guy's defense. The crying guy misinterpreted it was Hidalgo making fun of him, because he's a big time bad faith YouTube douche, and sicced his legion of fans on Hidalgo like a bruised ego rear end in a top hat would.

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!

nine-gear crow posted:

Daisy Ridley said they kept flip flopping on the Palpatine granddaughter thing all the way up until it was time to film scenes with Ian McDiarmid.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zellus posted:

Daisy Ridley said they kept flip flopping on the Palpatine granddaughter thing all the way up until it was time to film scenes with Ian McDiarmid.

There's probably unused takes of Ian calling her every possible version of what they had in mind from various days of shooting. "My granddaughter..." "Kenobi's daughter..." "Skywalker's daughter..." "Rey Solana..." "...Who are you? :confused:"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

nine-gear crow posted:

There's probably unused takes of Ian calling her every possible version of what they had in mind from various days of shooting. "My granddaughter..." "Kenobi's daughter..." "Skywalker's daughter..." "Rey Solana..." "...Who are you? :confused:"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riqXhieWU3M

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

nine-gear crow posted:

Still should have ended the movie with her saying "Rey....Palpatine" and then freeze frame on her with yellow Sith eyes like the end of Thriller.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Man they're gonna go all the way to the end of the season and not once will Obi Won go and visit Dexter Jettster. This series is bullshit.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Neo Rasa posted:

Still should have ended the movie with her saying "Rey....Palpatine" and then freeze frame on her with yellow Sith eyes like the end of Thriller.

Complete with McDarmid doing the Vincent Price laugh?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

YaketySass posted:

Complete with McDarmid doing the Vincent Price laugh?

Yes to all of it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It always come back to Spaceballs.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911950&perpage=40&noseen=1#post501852440

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
it would make TROS the best of all the star wars films

👍

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 11, 2022

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rise of Skywalker ruled because it had Babu Frik which is one of the funniest Star War names.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Push El Burrito posted:

Rise of Skywalker ruled because it had Babu Frik which is one of the funniest Star War names.
I don't know, it's not better than Dexter Jettster (who runs a 50's diner on Coruscant)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Leave Pablo alone, the only person who has a valid reason to dislike him is Leland Chee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mameluke posted:

Leave Pablo alone, the only person who has a valid reason to dislike him is Leland Chee

Also the guy at the center of CryingOverPlasticLukeGate is the "I want to see children getting gratuitously mowed down with a lightsaber by Anakin on the Obi-Wan show" guy, so gently caress him.