Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Avs really need to win the first two games in Denver, because Cooper is going to figure them out by midseries like he always does and I don't think Bednar is the kind of coach that's sharp enough to battle Cooper to a tactical draw. And Cooper is going to gleefully target JMFJ every second he's on the ice in Tampa when the Lightning have the last change.

The optimal strategy for the Avs is to get Kadri out there and run Vasilevskiy as many times as it takes to KO him. You don't need two thumbs to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lightning got Andrei Vasilevsky for Kyle Quincey. :laffo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/FrankieBorrelli/status/1535816597268574208

Oof.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Go Bolts

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Thanks for the barstool tweet.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol don’t post this CHUD there are many alternative ways to dunk on the Rangers right now

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Someone give me a good SCF thread title.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Who does he think they are, Nashville?! :v:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hand Knit posted:

gently caress Corey Perry

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Avs-Lightning is going to be a very cool Stanley Cup final in that I don't hate either team, and they're both really sick at hockey, and if either one of them wins that'll be fun.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Honestly I'm feeling realbad right now. I felt like the only chance Avs had against the Lightning was if the Rangers managed to push the series to 7 games, to give Cogliano & Kadri a little more time to heal, while the Lightning had to go through the grind of one more game (and maybe have Vasilevskiy eat an elbow from Trouba).

But the Rangers failed and now the Lightning have the health advantage against us. You screwed us both, Rangers :colbert:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Matt Zerella posted:

Thanks for the barstool tweet.

WeaponX posted:

Lol don’t post this CHUD there are many alternative ways to dunk on the Rangers right now

I don't patronize Barstool so I didn't know said Tweeter was from that trash factory. :shrug:

Hand Knit posted:

"NHL Stanley Cup Final GDT: Let's See How Tampa Does With A Team That Can Score 5v5"?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 12, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DrunkPanda posted:

Honestly I'm feeling realbad right now. I felt like the only chance Avs had against the Lightning was if the Rangers managed to push the series to 7 games, to give Cogliano & Kadri a little more time to heal, while the Lightning had to go through the grind of one more game (and maybe have Vasilevskiy eat an elbow from Trouba).

But the Rangers failed and now the Lightning have the health advantage against us. You screwed us both, Rangers :colbert:

The Avalanche are 12-2 in the playoffs and, of the remaining players, have 4 of the top 5 scorers. It's not like they're plucky underdogs here lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Stanley Cup Final N/V - Someone give me a good SCF thread title.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't patronize Barstool so I didn't know said Tweeter was from that trash factory. :shrug:

"NHL Stanley Cup Final GDT: Let's See How Tampa Does With A Team Score At Even-Strength"?

There are 3 red flags here. Check the profile next time.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Hand Knit posted:

"The 2022 Corey Perry and Pat Maroon Invitational"

"2022 SCF - this time featuring TWO good teams"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Avalanche are 12-2 in the playoffs and, of the remaining players, have 4 of the top 5 scorers. It's not like they're plucky underdogs here lol

Counterpoint: Darcy Kuemper/Pavel Francouz

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

How could he have known!?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I do like that this time Tampa is going to win the Cup having only had to face one (1) NHL goaltender. Congrats on them surviving Shesterkin, and tune in next week to watch them take on either a guy with one eye or an AHL goalie.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

We Are All Cheering for Pat Maroon

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Corey Perry Marian Hossa's His Way To Another Cup"?

Matt Zerella posted:

I've got a co-worker from Long Island and she's awesome. :shrug:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

I've got a co-worker from Long Island and she's awesome. :shrug:

im from there too, still a red flag

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Eric the Mauve posted:

I do like that this time Tampa is going to win the Cup having only had to face one (1) NHL goaltender. Congrats on them surviving Shesterkin, and tune in next week to watch them take on either a guy with one eye or an AHL goalie.

But imagine the Disney hockey movie that will be made if the one eyed/AHL goalie ends up winning the cup instead?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DrunkPanda posted:

Counterpoint: Darcy Kuemper/Pavel Francouz

drat you're right, they've been uncharacteristically sub-par lately. I think the Avalanche should just forfeit.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Matt Zerella posted:

What so bad about making pizza? Does he put pineapple on it or something? :confused:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

im from there too, still a red flag

Fair enough, especially in light of another co-worker saying "I almost married a guy from Long Island and didn't. Best decision I ever made."

(She was from Toms River, so I don't know how that affects the tri-state balance.)

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Fancy Cats' loss wasn't completely on :cop:.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When was the last time the SCF actually had the two best teams in it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Detroit/Pittsburgh? I can't remember where either team finished, I just remember that was the waning years of the Red Wings being fairly dominant and the Pens being on the rise with Crosby and Malkin and it felt like it was a big matchup.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1535823009704976384

My lord Igor.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Holy poo poo.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

CBJSprague24 posted:

Detroit/Pittsburgh? I can't remember where either team finished, I just remember that was the waning years of the Red Wings being fairly dominant and the Pens being on the rise with Crosby and Malkin and it felt like it was a big matchup.

Definitely. The Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Lidstrom teams of that era were off the charts good for fancy stats, and Pittsburgh was the team of the future.

Chicago/Boston was another big one in 2013.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
There are years as well where the best teams do face off, just not in the cup finals. I'd argue that 2016, 2017, and 2018 the Pens/Caps were the best two teams in the league and they faced each other in the second round each of those three years.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Obviously winning is the more important metric, but I think Tampa’s already the first team to reach three straight finals since the Oilers.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Obviously winning is the more important metric, but I think Tampa’s already the first team to reach three straight finals since the Oilers.

They are- ESPN confirmed this during the broadcast.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Boston-St. Louis in 2019 was actually pretty close. Everyone remembers the Lightning blowing it, but Boston was the second best team in the East (and the NHL). The Blues were a lower seed, but they were the hottest team in the NHL in that mad push to the end and that qualifies them as one of the best IMO.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm rooting for the team Steve Yzerman built, the Tampa Bay Lightning

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm rooting for the team that's cool and good and fun to watch and that's the Colorado Avalanche

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I am rooting for the Avalanche because they have less Russian players and I am afraid that if a Russian player takes it home, Putin will hold the Stanley Cup hostage. But on the other hand, the Lightning's Russian players have already had their chances to take it home. So maybe there's less pressure on them to do so. I'll have to think about it some more.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I'm rooting for Mr Sakic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I’m rooting for the team that wonderllama built. Through posts. The best posts you’ve ever seen. My posts. I have to be specific because of Aphrodite.