Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Why does she need a man so bad? Wouldn't a winch and some rope, maybe a plank or two be much more useful?

I interpret "a man" as "assistance from someone substantially stronger than me." Going the levers and rope route by yourself with something that size can be a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
i'm sure everyone's sick of the ai images but i couldn't resist

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Fully expected the truck to go rolling away when she was trying to slide it on at the end.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
What she needs is a proper understanding of lever points.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Okay, now where’s the video of them unloading it when they got back?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Why does she need a man so bad? Wouldn't a winch and some rope, maybe a plank or two be much more useful?

Maybe she needs a man to tell her that?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

She became horny after all that work out, you can tell by how she poses to the camera at the end.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Nothing an application of mechanics and the proper tools can't fix.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

What she needs is a proper understanding of lever points.
or someone who innately understands such things, and can intuitively use it to solve the situation

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

KoRMaK posted:

or someone who innately understands such things, and can intuitively use it to solve the situation

Like the real forklift operator.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Unperson_47 posted:

Fully expected the truck to go rolling away when she was trying to slide it on at the end.

Fully expected the tank to slide out the back of the truck when pulling away

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Unperson_47 posted:

People like this are so loving dumb.

there is zero difference between this and trainspotting.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sorry, i can't help today, my knee hurts.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Just lower the truck

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how heavy is 300 gallons of water? I assume she's done this before and the truck can move a full tank. Also how she removed it back down from the truck before ?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

PhazonLink posted:

how heavy is 300 gallons of water? I assume she's done this before and the truck can move a full tank. Also how she removed it back down from the truck before ?

One litre of water is 1 kilogram, so 300 gallons is like a ton. But that tank is empty unless you think she can lift a small car from ground.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PhazonLink posted:

8.3lbs per gallon

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

EoRaptor posted:

Okay, now where’s the video of them unloading it when they got back?

its not very exiting, she just decants the water into something else

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PhazonLink posted:

Way, way too heavy for the tank to have been full in the video. An empty tank of that size is still a whole lot of plastic though

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
300gal tanks like that can be 150-200 pounds empty depending on the shape. That's probably a lighter one but still around or over 100 pounds. The walls are usually 1/4-1/2" thick, bottom more like 1/2-3/4".

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yeah you usually have a siphon system setup to fill the fixed container on the top of the cabin or whatever from the truck bed once it's full.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The real problem is that it’s big, so the centre of mass is far from any of its sides. This makes it challenging for one person to lift. It’s trivial for two.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Regardless, she's obviously never had a physics class.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Regardless, she's obviously never had a physics forklift class.

Ftfy

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/znLxgUm.mp4

A classic.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/FNuqD4q.mp4

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wonder how many idiots try to get the thing to wrap them tightly.

Only Roy Orbison?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

By popular demand posted:

Only Roy Orbison?

omfg LOL

COMPLETELY WRAPPED IN CLINGFILM

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alright I had to Google that and I'm in awe

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

amazing stuff, thread clingfilm

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Me in early 2020 when everyone needed masks and I had a bunch of quilting fabric I bought back in 2005.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I was expecting it to slide out the back as she drove off.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Only Roy Orbison?

How the hell did that meme escape containment?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Regardless, she's obviously never had a physics class.

Based on what? Normally you'd put the tank on end and use the part above the bed as a lever to pull the rest in but the truck bed is too tall for that, or you'd rest one end in the bed and lift the other end up but the tank is too round to get a grip.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Only Roy Orbison?
Looking back I can't believe kid didn't sue the company but back when I worked at uhaul we cling wrapped a this rear end in a top hat dude to a light pole like 3 feet off the ground and left him there for an hour.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Only wraps the base three times and the sides once going up, that poo poo'll come apart like nothing if someone jostles it.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Only wraps the base three times and the sides once going up, that poo poo'll come apart like nothing if someone jostles it.

Nah that bale will get most of its stability from the strapping and the cap sheets inserted in the stack.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Its a pretty well stacked pallet to begin with. I've never known wrapping pallets with this pattern to behave too badly unless you're starting with a bad pallet. A good columned stack (and this ones even banded, oh joy) just needs a little help tying the ends together and the wrap through the middle is theoretically there to keep the help from bleeding all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Preoptopus posted:

Looking back I can't believe kid didn't sue the company but back when I worked at uhaul we cling wrapped a this rear end in a top hat dude to a light pole like 3 feet off the ground and left him there for an hour.

tbf if you're cling wrapped to a pole you don't actually have to do any work