Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Wo Long looks cool too, loved Nioh 2 hopefully it’s the same team

It is the same team, with some of the same people who were responsible for Bloodborne as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

hatty posted:

Wo Long looks cool too, loved Nioh 2 hopefully it’s the same team

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1536065291070873605

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hmm, doesn't seem like it sorry.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I said come in! posted:

3rd party exclusives like Shin Megami Tensei V ran like absolute dog poo poo.

Which is so odd to me. I know nothing about programming but MTV doesn't seem like it's particularly demanding graphics wise. It running like poo poo almost doesn't seem to be a fault of the system itself.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

i didnt know this

It had a slot! You took out a piece of plastic on the bottom and it inserted GBA games. They stuck out awkwardly with the lite.

There were even DS games that read what GBA game you had in the slot and offered bonuses like the mega man games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Okay now I’m really excited

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Oh poo poo didn't catch the bloodborne connection... This could be awesome

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah I have no doubt that Wo Long is going to be amazing. After the Starfield showing, Wo Long shot up to the very top of my most anticipated game of 2023.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Kinda telling that Redfall got introduced as 'by the guys who made Dishonored and Prey' because drat is Deathloop getting memory holed.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alchenar posted:

Kinda telling that Redfall got introduced as 'by the guys who made Dishonored and Prey' because drat is Deathloop getting memory holed.

Wasn’t that meant to come to gamepass eventually

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

You can see some interesting wild life for a split second at least in the trailer, but yeah I was hoping for way more. In comparison to the Outer Worlds, this just looked really dull.

That's disappointing considering outer worlds is very bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alchenar posted:

I mean it hasn’t come out on Xbox yet so the audience watching the show will be more familiar with the other two. That and it loving sucked

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Not shown or mentioned:
Avowed
Everwild
Contraband
Fable
Midnight
Hellblade 2
The Outer Worlds 2
State of Decay 3
Perfect Dark (Development troubles mean this probably wasn't ever going to be here)
Indiana Jones (Too soon for any gameplay, but still)
Halo: Infinite (Not even to casually drop "Hey guys, new season started last month")
Something something Gears, Funkopop or otherwise
Uhhhh, GoldenEye?
......Banjo/Conker/Grabbed by the Ghoulies...... yeah, maybe not...

What we got:
Riot Games' library is now on Game Pass, with all sorts of in-game benefits
No Man's Starfield confirmed to have space crabs
Minecraft Legends, the new Minecraft from the makers of Minecraft
Hollow Knight: Silksong isn't dead, out in 2023
Overwatch 2.0 is F2P with a beta later this year, Diablo 4 will have necromancers and it's very grimdark
As Dusk Falls is a 8-player narrative multiplayer experience, apparently
Oh poo poo, Redfall! 4-player live-service vampire slaying in a coastal town
Nioh 3 Wo Long is Team Ninja's next thing
Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 still exist
Grounded is finally (kinda) out
Obsidian's new 2D narrative adventure game, Pentiment
Sea of Thieves Season Seven (30 million players, says Microsoft)
Scorn, the game filled with grotesque and bizarre sexual imagery (for story reasons), finally out soon after 8 years - but will anyone want to play it?
Persona comes to Xbox, beginning with Persona 5 Royal later this year
The newest entry in the Forza Motorsport series has cars
Forza Horizon now has Hot Wheels, again
Pretend you're playing Halo in Microsoft Flight Simulator
ARA: History Untold is a new grand strategy game from the makers of Ashes of the Singularity
Secret Hideo Kojima Azure project teased, "The game I always wanted to make", that's all you'll hear until next year
Other smaller reveals like Flintlock, Ereban, Ravenlok, Cocoon, Benedict Fox, which all look neat

Did I miss anything?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

The Persona games on xbox is a big win for me.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ErrEff posted:

Not shown or mentioned:
Avowed
Everwild
Contraband
Fable
Midnight
Hellblade 2
The Outer Worlds 2
State of Decay 3
Perfect Dark (Development troubles mean this probably wasn't ever going to be here)
Halo: Infinite (Not even to casually drop "Hey guys, new season started last month")
Uhhhh, GoldenEye?

What we got:
Overwatch 2.0 is F2P with a beta later this year, Diablo 4 will have necromancers and it's very grimdark
Scorn, the game filled with grotesque and bizarre sexual imagery (for story reasons), finally out soon after 8 years - but will anyone want to play it?
ARA: History Untold is a new grand strategy game from the makers of Ashes of the Singularity
Secret Hideo Kojima Azure project teased, "The game I always wanted to make", that's all you'll hear until next year
Other smaller reveals like Flintlock, Ereban, Ravenlok, Cocoon, Benedict Fox, which all look neat

Did I miss anything?

Stalker 2 wasn't mentioned either but I mean their county got invaded so I'll give them a pass

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yaws posted:

Honestly having them on steam is a big deal. It’s crazy to me that the only legal way to play persona 3 portable is spending like $300 for a used physical copy (I still have one)

They’re old games yeah but still really important to modern JRPGs. I played them all but I only played base P5 not royal so gamepass might get me to give it a try, especially if I end up with a steam deck

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

External Organs posted:

Stalker 2 wasn't mentioned either but I mean their county got invaded so I'll give them a pass

I hope it can still come out this year, its still planned for this year, but development just resumed on the game after a long pause for obvious reasons. It's totally okay if it takes extra time to release.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wish Gamespass had a filter for companies you boycott or don't wanna see. EA already clogs up the bellyworks with their infinite lovely games, it's almost impressive how many games they produce that I didn't have to hear of before gamespass keeps throwing it at me. Don't wanna see Riot games on there either.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I wish Gamespass had a filter for company's you boycott or don't wanna see. EA already clogs up the bellyworks with their infinite lovely games, it's almost impressive how many games they produce that I didn't have to hear of before gamespass keeps throwing it at me. Don't wanna see Riot games on there either.

how do you live in the real world

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just scroll down you weirdo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
scroll down? theyre in every game category, they're like 90% of the results for the rando game thingy they have

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ErrEff posted:

Not shown or mentioned:
Avowed
Everwild
Contraband
Fable
Midnight
Hellblade 2
The Outer Worlds 2
State of Decay 3
Uhhhh, GoldenEye?

What we got:

Did I miss anything?

Yaws posted:

I'm excited to play these because I think they're right up my alley and I thought I'd never get a chance.

I wish the Riot games were something I'd play because everyone is excited but I don't play on my phone or PC. Also the Not Civ game is only on PC so that sucks.

Hot Wheels Forza looks good but I don't know how much it is.

Starfield looks like Skyrim in Space so that's great.

That weird game from Obsidian looks good.

I haven't playing any of the Diablos but that looked good.

As an ESO player I am so sick of hearing about High Isle.

I would have liked to see Outer Worlds 2 since I'm the person who liked the first one.

Redfall's dialogue was terrible.

A lot of good stuff I'll forget about until I see it pop up on Game Pass and give it a try.

The worst part of it was no surprise Play it NOW on Game Pass games. Only disappointment really.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Man having the bloodborne producer for an exclusive game is a hell of a get.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

ErrEff posted:

Routine was re-revealed the other day as well! I'm glad that both games are still coming. I think Scorn changed engines (Unity to Unreal Engine, I think?) but I've no idea what happened with Routine but it still looks great.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Redfall's dialogue sounds like some poo poo from a co-op presentation in 2016.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Disposable Scud posted:

game writing is so bad

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Arkane has two studios so I like to imagine Redfall is Arkane Austin trying something new and Arkane Lyon is secretly working on a new Dishonored.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
even Arkane's good games had bad dialogue, except maybe Prey. the Dishonored games had cool art direction and worldbuilding but the dialogue was horrible

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Disposable Scud posted:

I saw this game last year at their presentation and I still don't know what it is. Single player with NPC companions? Co-op? But if it's a co-op where does the bad dialogue come from? Online?

The Redfall dialogue is so 40+ year olds writing what they think kids like. It's painful. And I would say it's just me being old but I remember when I was a kid and I could sniff out that trash just as good then as I do now. The Gunk had this problem also.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 12, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Redfall is like yet another left 4 dead clone, looks extremely dull.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

even Arkane's good games had bad dialogue, except maybe Prey. the Dishonored games had cool art direction and worldbuilding but the dialogue was horrible

No whiskey and cigars for you :mad:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

Routine was re-revealed the other day as well! I'm glad that both games are still coming.

I can't loving believe Routine is still coming out. I remember that being a Steam Greenlight game like 7 years ago. It looked right up my alley but I had given up on it.

Please be good Routine :pray:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

We're being spoiled with sci-fi horror games it's great

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I got owned by the Routine trailer because I was 100% sure it was whatever the next game No Code was working on was because it looked totally like their/Alien Isolation's style but nope it's someone doing a cool looking ripoff

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I don’t know if scorn is a sci fi game or not, but I do know I don’t want to play that nasty looking poo poo

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Disposable Scud posted:

1glitch0 posted:

I saw this game last year at their presentation and I still don't know what it is. Single player with NPC companions? Co-op? But if it's a co-op where does the bad dialogue come from? Online?

Gave me flashbacks to Ubisoft's presentations when they'd have overacted dialogue over co-op gameplay, such as in The Division or Ghost Recon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg&t=68s

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I think the Alien Isolation devs are making Warhammer RTS games now? At least Alien Isolation got an FPS boost though so that's cool. The big Alien stuff right now seems to be a fancy update for that Fireteam (?) game which is kinda like Left 4 Dead and they also announced another new game the other day which looks good. They don't seem to have the passion that Isolation had however which is a shame.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
No Code iirc is like, some of the art direction team of Alien Isolation, which is why Observation shares A:I's obsession with computer terminal interfaces

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

ErrEff posted:

Gave me flashbacks to Ubisoft's presentations when they'd have overacted dialogue over co-op gameplay, such as in The Division or Ghost Recon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg&t=68s

poo poo like this is just loving awful. It’s honestly a relief that E3 isn’t a thing anymore. The only enjoyment I got out of them were the threads on here. The 2010 E3 thread was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

SUNKOS posted:

Lot of great stuff shown. Forza Motorsport looks phenomenal

I am so glad they showcased everything on a new version of Maple Valley. They've clearly been spending the past five years well because it looks jaw-dropping. I really hope we get a good track list this time and they embrace fictional circuits more again because drat :stare:

Aren't turn10 also doing the next fable game using the forza engine? If so the environment is going to look great if that motorsport trailer is anything to go by.