Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s plans to revive imperial measures – The PM is understood to be readying an announcement on the return of pounds and yards to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee"

Telegraph:

Jubilee ‘killjoys’ warn against unauthorised street parties

Matt:

Uefa accused of 'narrative of lies' to blame Liverpool fans for Champions League final trouble

Times:

Millions warned of power cuts this winter

Evening Standard:

List of prime ministers of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

David Squires:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 11:57 on May 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Those three tear gas panels are perfect in their own right. Perfect lil' pop-up Macron. "Rozzeurs." The casual eyes as he pepper sprays.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
It's Darmanin, not Macron but aye.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sorry but I'm racist; all white French people look the same.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s increasingly tenuous position – More Tory MPs expressed misgivings over the PM’s leadership on Tuesday; however, he has shown no sign of seeking a confidence vote"

Telegraph:

Airports try to blame getaway delays on holidaymakers arriving too early

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Protester smears cake on Mona Lisa’s security glass

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: Thanks to Her Majesty for a lifetime of service"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How can she be celebrating if she's already dead? Some sorta lich situation?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

evilmiera posted:

How can she be celebrating if she's already dead? Some sorta lich situation?

Wasn't there something about how she's banned garlic from all of the palaces?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Wasn't there something about how she's banned garlic from all of the palaces?

Her turning into a vampire to stave off having to hand over power makes too much sense.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson and the ministerial code – PM responds to ‘legitimate question’ from his ethics chief, Lord Geidt, by saying he did not break code" Also Platinum Jubilee maps show where beacons will be lit up across UK

Telegraph:

Pageants, parades and beacons at Windsor Castle: How the UK is celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee

Matt:

Airlines 'wasting' police resources after officers called to help passengers off 'abandoned' plane

Independent:

Which MPs have called for Boris Johnson to resign or face a vote?

Times:

Prince Andrew to miss Platinum Jubilee thanksgiving service with Covid

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
lol at Brookes implying "married a black woman" is a heinous act on par with "hosed a bunch of kids with Jeffrey Epstein"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on trooping of the colour and the Queen’s platinum jubilee – As trooping the colour kicked off jubilee celebrations, rebel Tory MPs’ plans to oust Boris Johnson have descended further into disunity"
Also! How to be a cartoonist, with the Guardian’s Steve Bell online workshop, Wednesday 20th July 6:30pm-8:30pm BST, £51.83 inc. fees

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After AA Milne & EH Shepard.

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Queen’s platinum jubilee – The national anthem and the Sex Pistols hit share more than just a title: they both see the Queen as a symbol of the British state" Also Boris Johnson booed as he arrives at St Paul’s for platinum jubilee event King Lear link

Telegraph:

Europe scrambles to release grain trapped in Ukraine as food crisis looms

Independent:

£28m of taxpayers’ money set aside for four-day Platinum Jubilee event - are you celebrating? After Emanuel Leutze.

The i paper:

Times:

Platinum Jubilee: You’re still in the saddle, archbishop tells absent Queen

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson as Johnny Rotten – God save the Queen: the prime minister channels his inner Sex Pistol"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Queen's Jubilee sketch with Paddington was a 'surprise to her family' after she spent half a day recording at Windsor Castle - while fictional bear, who is often filmed as just a mechanical head, was voiced by James Bond's Ben Whishaw

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Pete Songi on Boris Johnson potentially facing a confidence vote this week – The threshold of 54 letters to the 1922 Committee chair required for a vote on the PM may be reached this week – if it hasn’t been already"
Boris Johnson to face no-confidence vote today as scores of Tory MPs call on him to go

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson facing a no-confidence vote – Boris Johnson is to face a vote of no confidence on Monday evening after the threshold of 54 letters from Conservative MPs seeking his departure was reached" Boris Johnson wins no-confidence vote despite unexpectedly large rebellion

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson wins confidence vote but hollow victory could tear the Tories apart

Independent:

‘Party’s over’: How the papers reported Boris Johnson’s no-confidence vote

Times:

Confidence vote: Boris Johnson narrowly survives, losing support of 148 Tory MPs

Evening Standard:

Misleading Parliament would be worse for PM than by-election defeats, says Sir John Curtice

Stephen Collins:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson drawing a line under things — Boris Johnson is clinging to his premiership after 148 of his MPs voted to oust him from Downing Street"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt accused of ‘duplicity’ as he leads Tory calls to oust Boris Johnson

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Thousands of rail workers to stage three day strike action over pay and jobs, union says

Stephen Collins:

Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries accuses colleague Jeremy Hunt of 'duplicity' in Twitter spat over Tory leadership; "Love Island is back – but is Britain over reality TV’s most controversial villa?"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Lorna Miller on Conservative party animals – Nadine Dorries stays behind Boris Johnson as Tory rebels wait for him to be unseated" After Donald McGill.

Telegraph:

Cost of filling up average car hits £100 as petrol prices soar

Independent:

After John Tenniel.

Times:

Evening Standard:

London’s most expensive (and cheapest) petrol prices revealed as pump prices reach £2 in the capital

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Boris Johnson Ukrainian Cossack painting – The PM has been officially inducted into Ukraine’s Cossack community, as two local artists have painted a picture of Johnson dressed as the Cossack Mamay as thanks for his during the Ukraine-Russia war"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson offers mortgage lifeline to struggling first-time buyers

Independent:

Right to Buy extension could erode supply of affordable homes, expert warns

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tube strike: Fresh walkout announced on London Underground; Jurassic World: Dominion movie review - the oldies are the besties

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on Nadine Dorries and Boris the bungler – After a dramatic week in Westminster, including a vote of no confidence, Johnson has said ‘nothing and no one’ will stop him from continuing as PM"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson accused of launching 'back of the envelope' policies as he seeks to reset premiership

Independent:

‘He lit the flame’: Jan 6 hearing uses Ivanka, Kushner, Barr and violent video to paint Trump as insurrectionist in chief After Goya.

The i paper:

After Francis Barraud.

Times:

The trial of Donald Trump: a painstaking reconstruction of January 6’s ‘crime of the century’ After Tenniel.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson moves on after the confidence vote – Discredited policies, a malodorous cabinet… no wonder the prime minister is going nowhere"

Sunday Telegraph:

I’m reclaiming land for Russia like Peter the Great, says Vladimir Putin

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson’s food strategy for England – A white paper contains little to address the soaring cost of food, childhood hunger, obesity or the climate emergency, according to a leak"

Telegraph:

Times:

EU hardens against ‘unserious’ Johnson on Northern Ireland protocol

Evening Standard:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

This one is absolutely mind blowing as an American. Like I assumed that most of those dudes were you know...like a WNBA situation in terms of representation.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the government’s food strategy for England - The white paper setting out a plan to combat food poverty and obesity has been widely condemned"

Telegraph:

We tried for 18 months - but must now change Northern Ireland Protocol, insists Liz Truss

Matt:

Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Asda accused of petrol profiteering

Times:

Food strategy will not ‘lecture’ public on consuming meat

Evening Standard:

Rwanda migrant flight battle goes to the wire

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK government’s thwarted Rwanda deportation plan - The first flight removing people to the east African country was cancelled at the last minute on Tuesday night after a ruling by the European court of human rights"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon: Scots ‘desperate to escape UK’s mess’

Matt:

Independent:

Migrants pulled from ‘completely moral’ Rwanda flight ‘will be on next one’, warns Liz Truss

Times:

Evening Standard:

:sun: It's hot! :supaburn:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
But what happened to Wednesday's graun toon 👀

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cartoon4sale/status/1537040164190552066

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

‘Like I was going to be executed’: On board the failed Rwanda deportation flight

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson ‘carefully considering’ not replacing Lord Geidt as ethics adviser

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Lord Geidt’s resignation letter – The PM’s former ethics adviser said he was asked to ‘risk a deliberate and purposeful breach of the ministerial code’"

Telegraph:

:sun: It's Fryday! Beaches packed on the hottest day of the year :supaburn:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Poorest ‘face almost 11% inflation’ as energy bills fuel cost-of-living squeeze

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the PM’s delay in appointing a new ethics adviser – Boris Johnson’s spokesperson said the PM would not immediately start looking for a replacement for Lord Geidt, who resigned on Wednesday"

Telegraph:

EU leaders pledge the world to Ukraine – while the cameras are rolling

Matt:

Gatwick forces airlines to cancel 4,000 summer flights

Independent:

After Ilya Repin.

The i paper:

Times:

When are the train strikes and which rail lines are affected?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
why are they blue? Also none of those professions can afford to commute by train apart from those two non-blue people in suits.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Handcart from hell for Boris Johnson – From stagflation to strikes, the only way is down for the prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

Train strikes: Network Rail map reveals only routes running

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Lord Geidt resigns: Boris Johnson may not replace ethics adviser

Mail on Sunday:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Won't somebody think of the upper classes!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

pasaluki posted:

This one is absolutely mind blowing as an American. Like I assumed that most of those dudes were you know...like a WNBA situation in terms of representation.

The last player to come out was Justin Fashanu, who basically ended up hounded by the press (& managers like Brian Clough & by his own brother John Fashanu) until he killed himself so it's not a massive surprise nobody was overly eager to be the next to come out

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Boris Johnson and rail strikes — Labour has accused the government of encouraging the walkouts to go ahead in order to stoke division"

Telegraph:

RMT demands minimum 7pc pay rise ahead of rail strikes

Times:

Evening Standard:

French election: Emmanuel Macron’s failure to win poll majority a ‘democratic shock’, say his own ministers

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off Blower

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Eat poo poo and die, Blower.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Macron’s party losing its overall majority to hard left alliance – Emmanuel Macron suffered a humiliating night as Jean-Luc Mélenchon’s coalition became the main opposition in France’s parliament" After Ingres.

Telegraph:

After Delaroche.

Matt:

Times:

Keir Starmer tells Labour frontbench they should not join rail strike pickets

Evening Standard:

In Pictures: Summer solstice celebrations at Stonehenge

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK’s most significant rail strike for three decades – The RMT union said it will meet rail bosses for fresh talks on Wednesday while Downing Street has said it will ‘not give in’ to demands"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Labour civil war looms as frontbenchers defy Keir Starmer to join picket lines

Independent:

Times:

France in crisis after elections leave Macron battered

Evening Standard:

How RMT boss Mick Lynch became the unexpected star of the rail strikes

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the uphill struggle of the cost of living crisis – British households are facing severe pressure from rising living costs as UK inflation rises to 9.1%, its highest rate in 40 years"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Dominic Raab denies assault on Human Rights Act is ‘racist’ and risks fresh Brexit clash

Times:

British human rights overhaul set to limit power of European judges

Evening Standard:

Prince Charles jets out to Rwanda amid row over Government’s controversial migrants policy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Surprised to see The Times turn on Raab like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s visit to Rwanda – The prime minister flew to Rwandan capital of Kigali for the Commonwealth heads of government summit and met Rwanda’s president, Paul Kagame"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Rail strike to go ahead as Shapps accused of ‘wrecking’ negotiations

Times:

Railway managers struggle against RMT’s ‘Spanish practices’

Evening Standard:

By-election disasters leave Boris Johnson and his party running out of options