Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The idea of spending 3X as much time playing this game is frightening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Having to get stasis super kills in Gambit when most games don’t even last long enough to build one up is egregious bullshit that makes me pull my teeth out, yes.

There’s also a “get stasis kills in PvP” step that felt basically impossible as a warlock until they started releasing actual good stasis weapons.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

GM nightfall not starting until July is bullshit I need so many golf balls.

I've been grinding Master NF's with the rep glitch and have gotten both my golf ball and prism stacks back to healthy levels. I farmed for about 5 or 6 total hours between sat and sun and got 7 golfballs and cappd prisms. I also got a ton of exotics and the gear drops at level so I have enough 1570's to upgrade my thundershirt, aeons, void 3.0 and loreli builds while still being flexible enough for GM purposes which is nice. Average run time was right around 15mins and that was being a bit messy.

Unsure if it this weeks master will be as fast or if the rep gets patched but its an option!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/fNsZqxb.mp4

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

My wife is having great fun on her titan this season, mostly because I've been clearing the stasis stuff for her. She had fun doing it once on her warlock but just the thought of doing the entire campaign again had her fully resigned to just not using stasis on that character.

I know years of playing this godforsaken game has broken our brains and most people are thinking the campaign can be knocked out quickly in a few hours, but the post campaign stuff really wears out its welcome fast and having to do it every time on a new character is not something normal people want to do or should be expected to do, especially since you just buy the frigging addons with the light subclasses.

It doesn't help that the Europa campaign involves a long rear end sparrow ride to the start of basically every step.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hulk Krogan posted:

It doesn't help that the Europa campaign involves a long rear end sparrow ride to the start of basically every step.

Long rear end sparrow ride is the start of like 90% of this game’s content.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

narrative team to content team: "okay folks we got a 2 minute dialog getting made up right now. we're gonna need you to make sure players spend 3 minutes getting to the destination to ensure the conversation doesn't get cut off."

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
People have forgotten the Red War campaign and the slow walk of shame after its initial mission.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

narrative team to content team: "okay folks we got a 2 minute dialog getting made up right now. we're gonna need you to make sure players spend 3 minutes getting to the destination to ensure the conversation doesn't get cut off."

"and then we're going to skip the dialog on subsequent runs, so birthplace of the vile has weird interludes where you're silently running through corridors for no reason"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fallout just threw a video up breaking down the whole AE shitshow for idiots like me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmrmsdlKwFg

tl;dr: you need 60 ae to make PRIMARIES have no cone penalty in the air while you need exactly 100 ae to have no penalty with special weapons. The video of the heat rise sniper (which fallout shows) had an AE of 85 at the time of the shot which translates to a 0.3 cone penalty which for a sniper means lol good luck landing a long shot ever again.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Long rear end sparrow ride is the start of like 90% of this game’s content.

Yeah, but BL feels particularly egregious. Might just be because Europa is so boring and empty, or because they'd send you across two zones and deep into one of the side zones that weren't designed for sparrows before you got to the actual mission start.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Waroduce posted:

I've been grinding Master NF's with the rep glitch and have gotten both my golf ball and prism stacks back to healthy levels. I farmed for about 5 or 6 total hours between sat and sun and got 7 golfballs and cappd prisms. I also got a ton of exotics and the gear drops at level so I have enough 1570's to upgrade my thundershirt, aeons, void 3.0 and loreli builds while still being flexible enough for GM purposes which is nice. Average run time was right around 15mins and that was being a bit messy.

Unsure if it this weeks master will be as fast or if the rep gets patched but its an option!

Is it... actually glitched? This week was 2x vanguard rep bonus, and the difficulty of the nightfall also gives more (for both base and the streak bonus). Looked on reddit, no one's saying anything, just that Warden is fast and easy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Having to get stasis super kills in Gambit when most games don’t even last long enough to build one up is egregious bullshit that makes me pull my teeth out, yes.

There’s also a “get stasis kills in PvP” step that felt basically impossible as a warlock until they started releasing actual good stasis weapons.

Stasis warlock can freeze people with their mele?
Also, you can use the stasis sidearm to freeze people.
And the rift
And the cold snap grenade.

:confused:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mazerunner posted:

Is it... actually glitched? This week was 2x vanguard rep bonus, and the difficulty of the nightfall also gives more (for both base and the streak bonus). Looked on reddit, no one's saying anything, just that Warden is fast and easy.

I'm not sure if it's so much glitched as a weird decision people expect them to revisit, it seems too good to be true that one lowest tier matchmade nightfall rewards an entire zavala minor rank at 5x vanguard streak

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

FlapYoJacks posted:

Stasis warlock can freeze people with their mele?
Also, you can use the stasis sidearm to freeze people.
And the rift
And the cold snap grenade.

:confused:
Yeah, he's saying before stasis guns were a thing, getting stasis kills means super kills, killing with the melee impact, or killing with the grenade impact. I think shatter kills worked too, but not like, killing a frozen target.

Those sucked, I did vanguard ones and they still took way too drat long back in BL.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"bugged" or not, running the same strike 12+ times in a week is madness and I only got to 89% of a reset before my brain turned to mushy mush

A great thing Bungie has done recently is basically remove the "gotta do the campaign!" requirement for alts, and give a huge whole ton of sources of high stat armor for alts. My warlock and hunter have done exactly one WQ mission apiece and aren't missing out on anything. I do raids, weekly story mission, Preservation etc on them just fine.

Also a sneaky secret - Getting your Main to 1570 literally takes Less time and effort if you use 2 or 3 characters, compared to just grinding on your one guy

Like fewer minutes and hours, and less destiny played. Having three characters is the Casual's Delight

Lastly I would say that classes are nearly a superfluous concept at this point and we basically just have 12 Subclasses separated by how their Jump works

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lastly I would say that classes are nearly a superfluous concept at this point and we basically just have 12 Subclasses separated by how their Jump works

Na, class exotic armor dictates the entire endgame meta in PvE & PvP

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

I'm not sure if it's so much glitched as a weird decision people expect them to revisit, it seems too good to be true that one lowest tier matchmade nightfall rewards an entire zavala minor rank at 5x vanguard streak

I don't know what regular rep gains are for 2x rep week, but I do know it took me exactly 15 nightfalls to go from 0 rep to a reset this weekend (I had a xur token quest keeping track for me and I'd done zero strikes this season).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

Na, class exotic armor dictates the entire endgame meta in PvE & PvP

Like the exotic boots that make you run really fast or the gloves that make your grenades more powerful or the helmet that heals you??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Light fall will probably do something dumb like that with merging or twisting the current subclasses. Final shape will merge the clases themselves when everyone becomes pyramids.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The narrative seems to be pushing us the theme that "good" is somewhere in the middle between light and dark. So we're all gonna turn into grey or twilight guardians by the end.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

The narrative seems to be pushing us the theme that "good" is somewhere in the middle between light and dark. So we're all gonna turn into grey or twilight guardians by the end.

Ugh this stupid plot line is so annoying because it is simply not supported by the text

The in game actions of the light and its agents are Good, while the Darkness literally tries to give you ptsd and encourages you to unalive yourself

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ugh this stupid plot line is so annoying because it is simply not supported by the text

The in game actions of the light and its agents are Good, while the Darkness literally tries to give you ptsd and encourages you to unalive yourself

The traveler literally gave savathun the light. WE are the baddies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would simply not trust the giant golf ball in the sky anymore.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The whole multi-year arc is about how the darkness and the light don't have innate morality, they are wielded by minds that do. The conflict is being driven by the witness and the traveler and their respective subordinates and allies, not the light and the darkness

I'm just glad they aren't going with "actually the traveler was evil all along!!!!!" like people have been predicting for literally a decade

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

simply not supported by the text

lol what kind of nerd reads text??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m hoping for a Poison/Corruption tab under the darkness tree

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

The whole multi-year arc is about how the darkness and the light don't have innate morality, they are wielded by minds that do. The conflict is being driven by the witness and the traveler and their respective subordinates and allies, not the light and the darkness

I'm just glad they aren't going with "actually the traveler was evil all along!!!!!" like people have been predicting for literally a decade

What if the traveler is not what we think?

(Intrepid Iron Lords know what's up)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I have my Hunter main and a Warlock second. I don't play my Titan as fun as that class is because apparently my brain can't process juggling that many characters. Even switching between Hunter and Warlock fucks with my head with what I expect the movement to be. I don't feel like I'm missing out. I also don't have the dang time for more characters.

I'm also interested in more darkness subclasses. Give me Toxic or Radiation or something.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Traveler is the Tony Stark of Destiny, in that while it is the cause of the Golden Age of science and technology, it’s also unambiguously the cause of massive loss-of-life events surrounding it as a resource or a tactical asset, and it has routinely made choices that exclusively make the lives of its symbiotic counterparts more dangerous and difficult.

Witch Queen is about as unambiguous as the game gets: we don’t know anything about the Traveler or what it wants, and every notion of morality or goodness is projection to justify our stranglehold over this galaxy-warping power source

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Mazerunner posted:

Getting 1,100+ rep for Hero difficulty was pretty good...knocked out a zavala reset from 0 in a few hours. Pretty sure it was closer to 4x boost with a full streak bonus that didn't go away? I hit up the leviathan for an hour or two and my vanguard streak was still at 5.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Streaks no longer get cleared when you do a different activity. There is now only one permanent streak that gets traded between strikes, crucible, and gambit as you play each of them*. Activities that are not any of these do not affect streak at all

I'm actually not sure how to make your streak go away at this point, it seems to persist across game sessions too

*as in: You play 5 strikes. Your vanguard streak is now 5. You play 2 crucible matches. Your crucible streak is now 2 and your vanguard streak is now 3. You play a strike. Your vanguard streak is now 4 and your crucible streak is now 1

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 14, 2022

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I lost my Crucible streak during Iron Banner week by resetting my rank. I have no idea how that would interact with a streak of different kinds.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Just lol if you don't keep one character slot free to keep making and deleting characters for infinite pinnacles. Where's the hustle?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Judge Tesla posted:

People have forgotten the Red War campaign and the slow walk of shame after its initial mission.

The song that plays during the sequence, Journey (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfe9caNqfA) rules.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hackan Slash posted:

Just lol if you don't keep one character slot free to keep making and deleting characters for infinite pinnacles. Where's the hustle?

Didn't they get rid of that? I thought your account was literally flagged with like, "1x Pinnacle per (Source) for HUNTER" per week, so even if you had 3 hunters or kept deleting your Hunter you could only Raid for pinnacles once

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Majere posted:

Getting 1,100+ rep for Hero difficulty was pretty good...knocked out a zavala reset from 0 in a few hours. Pretty sure it was closer to 4x boost with a full streak bonus that didn't go away? I hit up the leviathan for an hour or two and my vanguard streak was still at 5.

Speaking of resets, there's a tip going around Reddit about how to get the best possible perk selections on playlist weapons (one of the best updates from this season, IMO):

"Don't reset the 3rd time. Get 2 resets and stay at 10k for your third go round. Being at 10k counts as a reset, so you'll have the best drops with 3 perks in column one and 2 perks in column two. But if you're on your fourth rotation, weapons will drop with 1 perk in column one, and 3 perks in column two." So, basically, do the reset accompanying the machine gun ornament, and then just let it ride.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

filmcynic posted:

Speaking of resets, there's a tip going around Reddit about how to get the best possible perk selections on playlist weapons (one of the best updates from this season, IMO):

"Don't reset the 3rd time. Get 2 resets and stay at 10k for your third go round. Being at 10k counts as a reset, so you'll have the best drops with 3 perks in column one and 2 perks in column two. But if you're on your fourth rotation, weapons will drop with 1 perk in column one, and 3 perks in column two." So, basically, do the reset accompanying the machine gun ornament, and then just let it ride.

What in the actual hell

Does some pivotal Number roll over from 99 to 0 or something?

How Good was the proof accompanying this?

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What in the actual hell

Does some pivotal Number roll over from 99 to 0 or something?

How Good was the proof accompanying this?

Here's the thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/v8k726/apparently_if_you_are_at_10k_vendor_rep_you_are/

Based on my experiences with the Vangard track, it definitely seems to be accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Little known fact, the number of perks your gun drops with is based on the same sine wave they use for weapon stability. Gotta get a value that ends in 5 for best drops.