Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
no mention of Jay White

smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Elephant Ambush posted:

no mention of Jay White

smdh

he's not a good man

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Elephant Ambush posted:

no mention of Jay White

smdh

He spent the first half of the year in limbo (aka. Impact)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Jay's not a front runner right now but given CM Punk's injury the race is wide open and I can see Jay winning with a strong second half. Especially if Okada takes some paternity leave after the G1

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CommonShore posted:

"stole the show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVQ160TF5U

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Endless Mike posted:

Want to know which shows Roman stole

Especially this year where his history, before he went on forever vacation, was highlighted by two short and lovely matches with Brock, one of which was so short and lovely his fanbase convinced themselves he was seriously injured in the match.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Maybe he meant stole non-metaphorically

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Not going to bother posting specific tweets (it's probably against thread rules anyway), but I had a few tweets regarding the WWE Pride Month photoshoot show up on my timeline, and besides the usual vile lashing out from bigots there was also one weirdo in the replies constantly posting the same images containing allegations regarding Triple H and Buddy Matthews having done stuff to Alexa Bliss. Out of sheer morbid curiosity I checked that poster's account and it's literally nothing but them tweeting that at anything wrestling related.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skios posted:

Not going to bother posting specific tweets (it's probably against thread rules anyway), but I had a few tweets regarding the WWE Pride Month photoshoot show up on my timeline, and besides the usual vile lashing out from bigots there was also one weirdo in the replies constantly posting the same images containing allegations regarding Triple H and Buddy Matthews having done stuff to Alexa Bliss. Out of sheer morbid curiosity I checked that poster's account and it's literally nothing but them tweeting that at anything wrestling related.

Pretty cool how Twitter allows stuff like that to continue for years

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Mox is a good shout for WOTY actually

Yeah, Worst of the Year. :smug:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah, Worst of the Year. :smug:

Not when Lash Legend ostensibly exists!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The first two tweets by the tweeter. But who puts out bad cough publicity about their company? Reporters should press Tony on issues though.

https://twitter.com/pwoloss/status/1536705462237790209?s=20&t=LcObT3T56b9c-9KllkjNpA

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TV Zombie posted:

The first two tweets by the tweeter. But who puts out bad cough publicity about their company? Reporters should press Tony on issues though.

https://twitter.com/pwoloss/status/1536705462237790209?s=20&t=LcObT3T56b9c-9KllkjNpA

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1536772801906065414

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

waiting to get in touch before you put out a response? nah, you should go scorched earth immediately thats what the smart companies do

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
How long until we get "AEW drove Jeff Hardy to drinking just like they did to Moxley!!!!!" takes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's enough bad takes in the world without making up your own

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

How long until we get "AEW drove Jeff Hardy to drinking just like they did to Moxley!!!!!" takes

flatluigi posted:

Booker T has you covered:

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/booker-t-on-jeff-hardys-arrest-i-think-aew-has-some-responsibility-to-bear/

quote:

I’ve seen comments already saying AEW didn’t put the drink in his hand and didn’t put the keys in his hand and make him drive. Yeah, they didn’t, but I think AEW has some responsibility to bear because you go back and look at the compilation of death defying dives Jeff Hardy has pulled off since arriving in AEW, and I’m gonna tell you right there that pain comes along with that. When you’ve got pain, a lot of times you will go and drink or take drugs to numb the pain, and therefore, drat it, I just relapsed. Did he try to do it? Probably not. But that’s what people with addiction do. So they do have some responsibility to bear here.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drakkel posted:

r/scjerk but that's probably cheating

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1536805695491907588

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
People always use the "Vince likes people who stand up to him" line but I don't think there's any real basis to it. Vince is a weird old man who chooses who he likes and doesn't like seemingly on random whims and once he makes that decision nothing you do will ever change it.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I mean Sasha & Naomi seems like the most recent example of Vince not liking it when people stand up to him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince only likes it when you stand up in the right way. He even instructed the media team to prepare some helpful graphics.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The right way specifically is being a 6’3” 300lb protein golem freak athlete who he knows can still make him millions of dollars.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

jeez, this bad faith actor sucks rear end!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

History Comes Inside! posted:

The right way specifically is being a 6’3” 300lb protein golem freak athlete who he knows can still make him millions of dollars.

That's the thing though. Vince has fired a bunch of dudes who are exactly that for no apparent reason

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've absolutely seen that take in the wild

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's the thing though. Vince has fired a bunch of dudes who are exactly that for no apparent reason

The Braun release still makes no sense. Yeah, it makes sense to us, but how did it make sense to Vince

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

D.N. Nation posted:

The Braun release still makes no sense. Yeah, it makes sense to us, but how did it make sense to Vince

Omos is bigger, and presumably being paid less.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tweak posted:

I mean Sasha & Naomi seems like the most recent example of Vince not liking it when people stand up to him

Sasha had previous conflicts with him (over those same titles!) and asked for her release before. They'd managed to work things out for the three years between then and now. Walking out mid-show just seems like the hang-up/point of no return for him, see how it was the end of Punk and PAC there, whereas with her it didn't get that far till now and now that it did it's probably the end for them both too there

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

Braun wasn't released, he was simply controlling his narrative.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From the guy who brought you Finn Balor can't cross the border for WRP due to IRA ties:

https://twitter.com/tholzerman/status/1536897222796771328

(this is not true either, likely Visa issues)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How many of those people do you think were positive Athena wasn't coming to AEW and had to eat their words when she showed up?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I was under the impression Nick Gage did take liberties with David Arquette. What actually happened?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I was under the impression Nick Gage did take liberties with David Arquette. What actually happened?

Things getting out of hand is really far from claiming Gage tried to kill him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nixon Jewell’s knees are made entirely out of hopes and wishes at this point she should probably just retire

Kosmo Gallion posted:

IIRC from his documentary, the way Arquette tells it he had said anything but the face because as an actor that’s the money maker, and when Gage started waving a broken light tube around near his face he panicked.

He only got stabbed in the neck because he grabbed Gage by the legs and tried to trip him to get away, so he was pushed off balance while waving a broken light tube around.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 15, 2022

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Things getting out of hand is really far from claiming Gage tried to kill him.

Yeah, that dope is conflating two things. The cut on the throat was an accident but I do remember hearing that Arquette asked for his forehead to not be mauled, and I think that's what led to him freaking out and turning neck-first into the light tube?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, that dope is conflating two things. The cut on the throat was an accident but I do remember hearing that Arquette asked for his forehead to not be mauled, and I think that's what led to him freaking out and turning neck-first into the light tube?

Yeah Gage going too far with that caused him to freak out which led to the accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It requires ignoring both the story Gage and Arquette tell about what happened to think Gage was trying to kill him.