Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I feel like this is gonna be either a four game series where the Avs absolutely house the Bolts in consecutive 6-4 games. Or it’s the Lightning in five, where they just grind the Avs to dust dust with the world’s most boring-but-effective hockey. No in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm hoping we get at least a couple wild games before cooper shuts it down and everyone including the fans are turned to dust.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

shyduck posted:

I'm rooting for the Avs but I will not be upset if Moose and Pebbles get rings

Moose is too common a nickname. I feel like half the teams in the NHL have a player nicknamed Moose. Mikko Rantanen is also Moose.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I am torn because nicknames like Moose and Pebbles are good automatically because they aren't just -ie -y ending names, but I have no idea who the gently caress those names are referring to now.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elliott and Bellemare, respectively

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

fermun posted:

Moose is too common a nickname. I feel like half the teams in the NHL have a player nicknamed Moose. Mikko Rantanen is also Moose.

According to hockeydb, there's never been a hockey playing Moustafa. I'd expect that to change.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

fermun posted:

There was a goalie who was nicknamed Moose because his helmet had the Manitoba Moose logo on it from before he was called up. Jonah Hedberg, IIRC.

here's a thing on how Elliott got the handle if anybody is interested.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pro-files-brian-elliott-nicknamed-moose/
He also knows how to moose call.

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 14, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

STILL another day, goddamn it

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Spelling Mitsake posted:

According to hockeydb, there's never been a hockey playing Moustafa. I'd expect that to change.

Mustafa Besic played for Yugoslavia at the 1984 Olympics.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Wow how quick we are to forget the greatest Australian/Lebanese 5'4 289lbs power forward in the history of the sport: Mustapha Lemieux

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/40878/mustapha-lemieux

He is one of Elite Prospects copyright traps

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

ThinkTank posted:

Wow how quick we are to forget the greatest Australian/Lebanese 5'4 289lbs power forward in the history of the sport: Mustapha Lemieux

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/40878/mustapha-lemieux

He is one of Elite Prospects copyright traps

“I never see him at home and when I go to the rink, he is not there either. I think he is having an affair, Wife #4 2017”

Lol amazing.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

“I never see him at home and when I go to the rink, he is not there either. I think he is having an affair, Wife #4 2017”

Lol amazing.

He had a really good 2018-19 season too. 69 GP and 69 GS, and it matches up with the 699PIM. Sign that guy up on a Zamboni contract.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
His 2021-22 injury... the poor bastard.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Played his first game with the Pink Panthers aged 8, was named captain by 11 and was onto his fourth wife aged 16. Stripped of his captaincy aged 17 likely due to his many affairs. The man is a legend.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 14, 2022

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I wish the Avs had a 5'4 300 pound player that they could launch at Vasilevskiy's knees

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

DrunkPanda posted:

I wish the Avs had a 5'4 300 pound player that they could launch at Vasilevskiy's knees

Sorry bud, but you’re probably just too old to play in the NHL. Maybe try a beer league?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The only good options are Avalanche in 7 or the Lightning winning as long as we continue to acknowledge that 2020 and 2021 weren't real Cups.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

DrunkPanda posted:

Yeah too bad Chris Kreider resigned

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

My tummy is starting to hurt from nervousness :ohdear:

I don't think the Avs are going to do very well :(

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The two best players on the ice by a large margin both play for the Avs, relax

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DrunkPanda posted:

My tummy is starting to hurt from nervousness :ohdear:

I don't think the Avs are going to do very well :(

lmao come on

If you asked anyone before the season started who the best teams would be, they would have picked these two. Both teams should be a little nervous but this "ooouhhh i don't know if the Avs are good enough" schtick is silly

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 14, 2022

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

The two best players on the ice by a large margin both play for the Avs, relax

Kucherov makes any margin not very large at all.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

lmao come on

If you asked anyone before the season started who the best teams would be, they would have picked these two. Both teams should be a little nervous but this "ooouhhh i don't know if the Avs are good enough" schtick is silly

Yeah but we havnt even seen Tampa's final form!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
https://theathletic.com/3363836/2022/06/14/avalanche-lightning-stanley-cup-final-preview/?source=user_shared_article

Note: the winning chances factors in Kadri showing up around game 3, and assumes Keumper is good to play.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
My favorite 300lb player is Max Bouffard, who played goalie for five years and is listed at 245lbs, then got axed from the show and started hammering slices, and later played forward two years later at 300lbs.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/61134/max-bouffard

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/152682/max-bouffard

He went on to play JJ Frankie JJ in Letterkenny/Shoresy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

My favorite 300lb player is Max Bouffard, who played goalie for five years and is listed at 245lbs, then got axed from the show and started hammering slices, and later played forward two years later at 300lbs.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/61134/max-bouffard

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/152682/max-bouffard

He went on to play JJ Frankie JJ in Letterkenny/Shoresy.

Fat guys playing hockey owns.

https://i.imgur.com/OQl5cs7.gifv

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm going through hockey withdrawals rn

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I was just looking at Finals tickets out of curiousity and noticed the Avs tickets are like 3x more expensive than the Lightning tickets. Why the hell is that?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

I was just looking at Finals tickets out of curiousity and noticed the Avs tickets are like 3x more expensive than the Lightning tickets. Why the hell is that?

denver & surrounding is much more an area for rich white people than tampa & surrounding is so they charge more knowing they will gladly pay it

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
What the gently caress else you gonna do in Denver in June?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Wonderllama posted:

Smoke weed

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

grack posted:

Smoke weed

Or inhale wildfire smoke, it doesn't have a lot of options anymore.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

grack posted:

Smoke weed

And go to a hockey game, duh.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I don't even want to think about how expensive tickets would be if Edmonton got to the Finals

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aces High posted:

I don't even want to think about how expensive tickets would be if Edmonton got to the Finals

Did you know Darnel Nurse's new contract starts next season? I don't think this is something that we're going to need to worry about.

I think the reason tickets are inexpensive in Florida is because it's Florida and there's only 12 people there that play hockey. They're all from Canada.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jhet posted:

I think the reason tickets are inexpensive in Florida is because it's Florida and there's only 12 people there that play hockey. They're all from Canada.

There are probably a dozen beer leagues for snowbirds alone.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Pretty sure you've never been to colorado

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’m torn.
A) go Lightning!
B) gently caress Corey Perry
C) gently caress that turtling rear end in a top hat, Claude Lemieux, go Lightning

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jhet posted:

Did you know Darnel Nurse's new contract starts next season? I don't think this is something that we're going to need to worry about.

Lotta Russians in Florida just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
Inventing advanced stats for a sport with 3 scores per game, half of which bounce unpredictably off one or more players who don't know a shot is being taken.